I must really love you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Professor Kalif Styx arrived to the Valentine's Dance, still hating the events with all of his heart. He normally did not leave his study or office during this night to avoid the teenagers and the cheesy decorations. However, yet again, the Slytherin Head of House graced the Great Hall with his presence, looking as sour as ever. How he managed to be put under that asinine spell of cupid was beyond him. After Nicolette, he had looked forward to dying alone, but apparently, fate had something else in store. Not that he would take it all back, of course. Nothing about his meetings and dating Jacqueline he would try to reverse. After all, she was the reason why he was in a better mood for the past couple of years. He waited for the Transfiguration professor to show, which he had no doubt she would. She practically dragged him to these god awful things.

Jacqueline smoothed down her tight black dress as she stepped into the Great Hall. She knew that Kalif was waiting for her somewhere in the room despite the fact that he loathed the function. Jacqueline was very fond of all of the holiday functions at the school, and she thought that Kalif had accepted the fact that this was something he had to endure now that he was committed to Jacqueline. The brunette woman smiled as she spotted him, sulking near the door. She made her way to him, kissing him lightly on the lips as she reached him. "Hello, darling. Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long." she said.

The greeting was a little much, though it wasn't like he wasn't used to her lips on his after all. Just public affection like that in front of his students made him a little uneasy. Kalif, however, did not flinch away. Almost as if she had him wrapped around her finger. "I just arrived, Jacqueline. I wasn't waiting too long." His tone toward her was different toward the tone he had toward anyone else. Night and day, one would call it. "Come along, I know what you want," Kalif wrapped his arm around her waist, to lead her to the dance floor. Jacqueline seemed to be fond of dancing, and luckily, he was good at doing that as well.

Even though Kalif could read her mind if he desired, he respected her enough not to do that. "You know me so well." she said softly. Jacqueline smiled at Kalif as he wrapped an arm around her and led her out onto the dance floor. She put her arms around his neck, moving in close to him so that she was touching him. Jacqueline could see more than one student staring at them, but she didn't mind it. Kalif had quite the reputation around the school. "Lyra sent me a letter today. She said they are playing nearby this weekend, and I'm going to go see them. Would you like to join me?" Jacqueline asked, knowing that one of Kalif's sons was also on Lyra's team.

The closeness still caused him to tense up slightly because of where they were at. In private, Kalif would not have minded at all, but it took no longer than a few seconds to ease himself so that Jacqueline would have a good time. When asked, Kalif gave a small nod. “Of course. My son still plays for that team, so it is my duty to give him at least a little support, as for your family as well.” Kalif never really took a keen interest in anyone’s family but his own all his life. This was new to him. “Since my daughter left the teaching position, there is still one Styx short in this school. I think it may be time to have that fulfilled, don’t you?”

The trasfiguration professor smiled as Kalif agreed to join her for the match. She had expected that he would go; she knew how important family was to him after all. "I know. Lyra speaks of him often as she seems to spend a great deal of time with him." she said, pursing her lips. Jacqueline suspected there was more going on there than either one admitted. Kalif continued on, discussing a replacement for his daughter, Patricia. Only, Jacqueline knew him well enough to know that there was more to his words. The brunette woman was rarely caught off guard, but this caused her to pause. "Kalif, are you asking me to marry you?" she asked softly.

Kalif nodded softly as she spoke about her granddaughter. It did make him think about Lyra and his son’s past. They were no longer in a relationship and since his son had three different baby mothers, it was unlikely he would ever have time to settle down. It didn’t matter to Kalif anyway. Jacqueline seemed to catch on to what Kalif implied to. He stepped back from her arms for a moment as he reached into his pocket to pull out a small box. Inside it rested an ancient ring that was passed down from generation to generation. “Indeed I am. I would be honored if you would become my wife, Jacqueline Burke.”

Jacqueline’s jaw dropped as Kalif produced a small box from his pocket. “Oh, Kalif. It’s gorgeous.” the brunette said in a hushed voice. Jacqueline held out her hand so he might slip the ring on it. She had assumed that this was not something he intended to do tonight, but he had a ring in his pocket. It was beautiful too. She briefly wondered if it might have some sort of magical qualities. “How long have you been walking around with this in your pocket?” Jacqueline wondered out loud.

Her gesture let him know the answer. He slipped it onto her finger, and held her hand in his. Kalif glanced up to answer Jacqueline's question, "About four months now. My father allowed me to fetch it from our archives. It belonged to one of the few Matriarch's of the Zhefarovich family. I cannot recall which one originally wore it, however." Kalif did not really care too much. He then had to be sure that gesture was the answer he was looking for. "I suppose, that is a yes, isn't it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back