I know your face.

Jack smiled slightly, but noticed that Maia was starting to tear up, he wasn't entirely sure why she was reacting like that, to his knowledge they were having a childish conversation, but then again. what didn't effect Jack might effect someone else, so he just kept smiling and waited for her to either calm herself down, or tell him what had happened, if it was serious. She seemed to settle a little bit, which made Jack relax, he was never someone that could actually watch someone cry, he always managed to feel downright horrible about it, even if it wasn't his fault, he was just too much of a softy to knowingly let someone cry without trying to help them out. Jack smiled and rolled his eyes. "You're probably right, but atleast we wouldn't be caught." He reminded, a meek smile crossed his face when Maia became a little louder, drawing more attention. "Honestly, how have we not been kicked out by now?" He questioned quietly, eyeing off someone that looked suspiciously like a shop owner, they were tapping their foot and staring at them and everything, it was a little bit uncomfort able to be honest. "Maybe just the funny farm." He said, poking his tongue out. He smirked when Maia started eating the cake-like a normal person. "Are my eating habits rubbing off on you?" He questioned in mock pride. Jack then nodded goofily and left it at that.

Jack nodded in mock saddness. "Yes, it is, it's horrifying, they have canes and everything, I can't hide anywhere." He said with a shrug, rolling his eyes when Maia began to explain how she would be in danger, his emerald eyes moving in a circle. "Oh boo, I think I'm in the most danger, the guy always gets it first, everyone knows that." Corssing his arms across his chest stubbornly, Jack turned his head to the side, observing more people in the cafe, he was mentally betting how long they had in here, before they were kicked out. The odds weren't very good. "You're never going to be allowed back here, I hope you know of another cafe to go to." He said cheekily, he was probably right, neither of them would be allowed back here, certainly not together anyway, he wouldn't put it past the owner to hire a body guard to keep them out, because he;d noticed the decline of customers staying and having a seat in the cafe.Jack scoffed. "I'm sure, and what may I ask is your job?" It was a simple question, but it made Jack realise just how little he knew of Maia, or he'd forgotten more than he thought he had since they'd last met. Admittedly, Jack had no idea what the pairings of names meant, he'd never heard of any of them, so he shurgged. "I've never heard of any of them, so I guess you could say I'm... the best to his friend." They were a little more like brothers, but either way, best friend covered their relationship well as well.

The blonde nodded his head slightly, he'd ran away himself, so he wasn't about to say that what Maia did was wrong, because she had every right to do it, sometimes people needed space, and sometimes family just couldn't understand that and you have to take further measures to ensure that you get the alone time you need. Even if that included running away from everyone and taking a breather, it was selfish, but sometimes you had to be a little bit selfish in order to take care of yourself. Jack ran his fingers through his short blonde hair, he hated taking about Ben, and about how he wasn't going to ever burst through a door, yelling at Jack for doing something or how Jack would never be able able to tease him for being a bookworm, If wasn't fair and it made Jack angry that Ben had to be the one to die, when there were so many other people on the planet that could have died. But thinking like that just made him feel worse, because then he was just wishing the pain he was feeling onto someone else, and it never went away anyway. He knew that the more he spoke about the subject, the easier it would get, but that didn't make it and easy subject to talk about, because the end result was always the same. Ben was dead, and Jack had to deal. The problem was he wasn't sure if his family did understand, because they were always to close to eachother, that it was foreign for one of them to go without approval, it was strange and alien to them all, even to Jack, sometimes he felt like he was dreaming, and that he hadn't ran away at all. "Hopefully you're right." He said quietly, forcing a smile, in an attempt to keep the conversation rolling, since he'd been a little quiet.

Maia laughed at Jack's reasoning; "Have you no heart, cruel Sir?" she questioned him, jokingly. She did think they might end up getting in trouble, but to be honest, she didn't care. she was having the most fun she'd had in weeks, what with rehearsals every second day. Yes, rehearsal was fun, but they were getting more serious now. She pretended to ponder his question and said; "Oh well, you know, people don't like to throw out pretty girls, so that means both of us are safe Goldilocks!" she replied, laughing aloud, and at this stage, people were really starting to get annoyed. "We should do something evil, go up and tell them it's too noisy in here, and we'd like to complain or something." she plotted, using a super-villians half-crazy tone; "Muhahahahaha." She wasn't speaking quite as loudly now, but they were still attracting attention, she stuck her tongue back out at Jack. "I know, it's a disaster, soon you'll have me drinking tea and....watching the news!" she whispered dramtically. At this stage, if they were thrown out-it would probably...most definetly be her fault.

"Well....if we got you a lady's wig, and dress, and you hunched over a bit-you could infiltrate their ranks." she suggested playfully, raising her eyebrow; "I know a girl who will have you looking eighty in twenty minutes." she added, not joking this time, it was amazing what you could do with make-up. At his answer she was indignant; "No way!" she argued; "The guy survives long enough to save the girl-how many girls have you saved yet Jack?" she asked then recalling how they first met, she added; "And helping them up after a mean tall person knocks them over doesn't count." she looked at him challengingly. However, following his gaze, she saw that people were really getting annoyed now. "There's another Starbucks somewhere, and if it's too far, I can aparate." she replied, with a grin. She did like starbucks, but it was worth it to see Jack again. She saw the owner standing over by the counter and waved at him cheerily, with a friendly grin. He looked confused and she had to fight the urge to laugh. "I'm just starting back into acting properly now, though I still own the shop-Scrivenshaft's." she explained, and curious she asked; "How about you?" She smiled as Jack spoke about Parker; "That's sweet." she commented, thinking about Megan, she was so glad to have her back, though she still wasn't sure how she felt about Taylor.

As Jack became silent, Maia searched frantically for something to say. She needed to be as honest with him as he'd been with her. "Look Jack, what you did wasn;t the most mature thing to do, but everyone's immature. When you put what you did, beside a girl getting back together with her Hogwarts boyfriend, finding out he had a wife and child, ignoring him, letting him ruin her reputation and running away from her family and friends, and a huge career in the West End-you could be writing a book about responsibility." she finished. "I am right-and you know it, so you'd better not be beating yourself up Jack Kaster, or I'll beat you to it." she replied, removing her hand. "You are a good person, and even good people go a bit mad every now and then: it's healthy." she finished; "Now, are you sure you don't want this cake, because I think you need it." she smiled, offering him a fork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back