I Guess This Is Hello

Alexa Rhowen

OOC First Name
Marijke
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4 essence of dragonstone
Alexa had once again decided to get out of the castle and sit outside for a while. The weather had been a bit better than before and she walked over to one of the benches on which the sun fell. She sat herself down and enjoyed the sun for a bit. Over the past few days she had started to enjoy her time at Hogwarts a lot more than she did before. She had met some new people and had made a possible friend. She wasn't quite sure if she could call the girl her friend yet, but she most certainly hoped that they would turn out to be friend, because she really liked the girl.

Sure, one friend wasn't a lot, but Alexa figured it was a good start. She opened her bag and took her book about charms out of it. She wasn't the smartest kid on the block and after some advice she came to the realisation that she would do better in class if she practiced a little extra outside of it. Alexa opened the book and started reading on the first page. There were some things in there that they had discussed in class, but she thought it would be of no harm to read them again. After a short while of reading Alexa was so focussed on the book that she didn't really notice anything that happened around her anymore, which was an unusual thing for her to do.

Marcel had his nose in the books and read attentively in a book about History of Magic, History of Magic proved to be better than he thought, more fun, and that was good for him, otherwise he would get bored. Marcellus had realized that he was already at Hogwarts from September, and it was now October, the time flew by quickly, and that he did not mind, because Marcel was really enjoying it here

After a while seated inside, he decided to go outside, and continue reading in the sun, it was after all fine weather to go outside and there were probably a few people with whom he could befriend. With those thoughts in mind, Marcellus did the book about History of Magic in his backpack and walked towards the courtyard. Once in the courtyard, he looked around and saw that almost all the benches were occupied, except one, besides a Gryffindor girl. Marcel walked straight to the girl and looked at her. ''Is there still ehh.. Place?''

Alexa had found the book about charms a lot more interesting that she thought it would be. She figured that she couldn't read to much of it in one time, because she would probably forget everything immediately after. However she already knew more things about charms than she did before at this point, and she figured this might help her when they have to practice a new spell in class.

When she was just about to close the book she heard a voice so she looked up. A boy from around her age was standing in front of her and had been asking if he could take a seat on the bench Alexa was seated on. "Sure, have a seat!" She smiled at the boy, moving to the side creating a bit more space so he could easily sit down.

She now closed her book and put it back in her back. From the corner of her eye she looked at the boy, observing him for a bit. "Are you a first year?" She asked, without even thinking about it. Since she couldn't exactly figure out how old the boy was, she decided to ask him. A question like that wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?

Marcellus took place when the girl made room for him to sit down, ''Thanks'' he said softly and smiled at the girl. He saw that the girl was about the same age as him and assumed she was a first year. Marcel put the book on his lap and looked around, he was not very often out and did not understand why, the courtyard had a cozy atmosphere around him and looked very beautiful.Marcellus opened the book and began browsing to the pages where he left off, time to time he looked up from the book and looked through corners of his eyes at the girl, Marcel felt as if she wanted to say something, and at that moment the girl said something.

He turned his head and looked at her, Marcel nodded ''Ehh, yup.. Hufflepuff. And you? Are you a first year?''

Alexa smiled at the boy as he answered her question, her presumptions had been right. "Yeah, I'm a first year too. Gryffindor House." When her dad told her stories about Hogwarts and her houses Alexa never had an idea about which house she thought she'd be sorted in to, but ever since she got sorted into Gryffindor she had felt that this was indeed the right house for her. "I'm Alexa, by the way." She added thinking the boy might find her rude if she didn't introduce herself.

Her eye then fell on the book the boy was reading and was wondering what it was about. Maybe it was a school book, maybe it was just a reading book, who knew? "What are you reading?" Alexa asked, not trying to sound too curious. Sometimes when she got too curious she would keep on asking and asking things, if it seemed like something really interesting, and this could often annoyed people. Since she didn't want to annoy the boy she tried her best not to be too curious.

He listened to what the girl had to say and nodded when she said that she was also first year student, his suspicions were correct. ''Is it nice in Gryffindor?'' He asked her politely. He asked this because he did not know much about it, even though his mother went to Hogwarts. ''I'm Marcellus, nice to meet you.''

For a moment he remained silent, Marcel looked at Alexa and smiled, then he looked back at his book. Marcellus was a little socially awkward, and this was not always fun for him because he found it difficult to make friends. ''Oh it's uh, History of Magic, do you want see it?''

Alexa nodded when the boy asked her if being in Gryffindor was nice. "It's lovely!" She exclaimed when a smile appeared on her face again. "To be honest I don't think any other house would be this good for me. How about being a Huff? D'you like it?"

It seemed a bit like the boy wasn't too comfortable talking to people, whilst Alexa loved it. She was always full of energy and loved to talk about anything really, as long as it remained fun. "Pleasure is all mine." She responded after the boy had introduced himself as Marcellus.

"History of magic huh? Do you like that subject? I myself prefer Transfiguration and Charms, but that might be because I like practicing magic more than listening to endless stories about its history." Alexa noticed she was rambling and her cheeks turned a bit red, knowing it was time to be silent for a while so Marcel would have time to answer her questions.

''It's fine.. I quess, nothing special I think.'' He said with a shrug. "I'm kind of new with all the four houses, but I am beginning to know them'' Marcellus got a smile on his face and looked at Alexa. Marcellus had never thought he would go talk to a girl that was partly because every girl thought he was a weirdo at his previous school, so he was pleased that a girl talked to him, and admit, Alexa is pretty.

Marcel laughed when Alexa realized that she spoke quickly and when she stopped talking, he replied. "Nah, not really, but I wanted to give it a chance because it seemed rather dull, but it's getting more and more enjoyable if you read the book.'' He gulped and ran his hand through his hair. "I think Care of Magical Creatures is much more interesting.''

Alexa looked at Marcel doubtfully, before reacting to the way he talked about Hufflepuf.. "Come on, don't talk about like it's nothing. You have to spend the next seven years in that house, I'm sure it's perfect for you! My dad always told me that the Sorting Hat is almost never wrong." She noticed the boy smiling at her and smiled back at him. Untill now he seemed like someone Alexa could get on with just fine and perhaps be friends with over time.

"I'm sure it is." Alexa responded when Marcel was talking about the History of Magic book he had been reading. "Care of Magical Creatures? What do you find so interesting about that, if I may ask?" Alexa felt quite dumb at the moment, seeing she almost didn't have any knowledge on Care of Magical Creatures. She secretely hoped that from the answer marcel would give she could learn some new stuffs about that certain subject.

Marcelluk watched and listened intently to what she said, and began to think about it. "Maybe you're right, yes, but I have not really seen myself as a loyal or patient person in the last couple of weeks. So I'm not really sure .. But if the sorting hat is almost never wrong, then it probably went good with me?'' Maybe that loyal and patient had yet to come because he was still young. And it was not that Marcel was not happy that he was sorted into Hufflepuff, that house fitted much better with him than Slytherin or Ravenclaw, he was sure of that. Marcel was just very uncertain, but knew that feeling would go away later.

"Oh, uh, Where should I start? .. I personally think that werewolves are very interesting. I do not really know what to say about it .. I like it a lot because you learn about all the creatures that live in the wizarding world, you know. I like that you learn about how they live, what they eat, how they hunt.. Stuff like that.'' He smiled at her, willingly to explain more.

"I think it did a good job, within some time you'll find your place and you'll fit right in." Alexa encouraged Marcel, maybe right now he wasn't to sure about his house, but she was almost sure of the fact that after some time he'd figure out himself why the hat put him there. She herself loved her house to pieces and she hadn't even been around for that long.

"Werewolves?" Alexa asked him curiously, "What about them makes them so interesting to you?" She often thought about the wizarding world, about wizards and witches and after visiting Gringotts also about goblins, but she had never really though about other creatures. There seemed to be a lot more to this world than her dad had told her and she figured she'd learn more and more about it over her time being at Hogwarts.

Would there be a lot of other creatures? Are they big, or small? Friendly or dangerous? A lot of questions started to pop up into Alexa's mind and she decided to search for a book on magical creatures the next time she'd find herself in the library.

"I really hope you're right.'' Marcellus nodded once at Alexa with peace-making but nervous smile. Marcel had made his first friend, a friend who asked him where he was interested in, this was a very nice feeling for him since he never had any real friends. It would take some time before he would feel himself completely at ease, but Marcel knew it would be okay.

"What makes a werewolf interesting? I'm going to tell you a piece I read in a book'' Marcellus swallowed his throat. ''The literary werewolf is something of an orphan, unlike other great creatures, there is no seminal work to cast its grand shadow over the form: no Dracula, no Frankenstein, no book-that-started-it-all.''

''When I read that little piece, werewolves became very interesting to me, and ehh.. I hope you can imagine why?''

Alexa nodded after Marcel had spoken. He still looked like he felt a bit awkward, but a lot less already than a bit earlier. At this moment she could see Marcel and her being friends, even though they were quite different.

"Did you just quote that from your thoughts?" Alexa asked, sounding pretty impressed about the fact that Marcel had remembered al that from a book. "It sounds quite mysterious," She stated after that. "I guess I can see why you're interested in them."

Marcel seemed like he knew quite a lot about werewolves, and probably also other magical creatures, but was still eager to learn more abou them. Alexa smiled, it's good to see that someone is really interested in something and likes to talk about it

Marcellus laughed at her reaction. "Well, actually remembered it from a book, but it comes close, yes.'' A smile remained on his face. ''And what about you? What are you interested in?''

"Yeah, I got that." Alexa laughed, "I just meant that it's quite something to remember just like that." marcel asked Alexa what she was interested in and that was actually a really good question. What was she interested in? "Quidditch, I guess." Alexa answered. "I mean I'll never be good at playing the sport, but I love watching it and stuff. I'm also very interested in Transfiguration."

What she said was nothing but the truth. She absolutely adored Quidditch, but she liked watching it more than actually doing it. And Transfiguration, well, just the thought about turning something into something else sounded amazing to her.

''Anyway, it's not that big of a deal, just remembered it.'' Marcel scratched his head, again he listened carefully to what Alexa told him.. "Ah, Quidditch, I'm not really a fan of it, but I support the Moutohora Macaws. How about you? Do you support a team?'' Marcel was perhaps not really a fan, but when it came to teams he was deadly serious. Because he so badly wanted to know which team she supported Marcel completely forgot to ask her what she liked about Transfiguration.

Alexa smiled at him. "Well when it comes to having a good memory, that makes one of us." She listened to what Marcel had to say and shook her head. "I love it, I think it's an amazing sport and it's so much more interesting than the Muggle sports I used to practice. I haven't really found a team yet that I fully support, seeing I haven't known about the sport for that long, but I'm sure in a while I'll be a fan of a specific team." Alexa felt kind of stupid admitting that she didn't support a specific team. She guessed the boy must find her weird now, because who is fully enthousiastic about a sport but doesn't know which team to cheer for?

Marcel slowly nodded. ''I think that when your interested in something, it's easier to remember something of that topic. For me that would be Care of Magical Creatures, for you that could be; Transfiguration or Quidditch.'' He smiled at her, feeling wise for the first time. For a minute he looked up, the sun shining on his face, when Alexa began to speak he looked back. ''It doesn't really matter if you have a team you support or not, as long as you're having fun .. Right?'' Marcellus smiled at her again.

Alexa nodded after Marcel's answer, he seemed like quite the clever kid to her. She herself wasn't that clever and was often afraid that she'd come over as dumb, because sometimes people asked questions she just couldn't answer. "Right." She said in agreement and then she went silent, not knowing a subject to start talking about or what to ask Marcel. Alexa awkwardly stared at her feet, trying to think of something to say but she couldn't think of anything and sighed.

Marcel scratched the back of his head, he felt the awkwardness coming up. He hoped she did not think he was very smart, because.. Well, Marcel wasn't the smartest kind on the block. He had to think of something quickly otherwise it would be too awkward but he could not think of something right now, his mind was completely blank. ''Uh.. Well at least we know a little bit of each other..'' Marcel laughed a little bit, not sure what he had to say, he tapped softly with his fingers on the bench.

Alexa noticed that Marcel didn't really know what to say anymore either and it seemed like he also felt a bit awkward. "That's one thing for sure." Alexa smiled, trying to get rid of the awkwardness. "I guess you're one of the first friends I've made at Hogwarts. If you'd consider us friends, of course.. But I do." She said, looking away from her feet and back at Marcel. Alexa hoped that Marcel would kind of see them as friends too, because otherwise the situation would get really awkward.

As soon as she began talking again, he stopped tapping with his fingers and nodded his head quickly. ''Of course we are friends! You're the first real friend that I have made since I'm here.'' Macellus smiled happily. He was happy that she considered him to be a friend and hoped their friendship would last long. Marcel didn't really know what else to say so he looked at the sky again, smiling.

Marcel told her she was the first real friend he had made since he first came to Hogwarts and Alexa smiled brightly. "I think you're the second friend I've made since I'm here." She said to him, but then frowned. "Although I don't always know if I can consider someone a friend or not." She quickly added and laughed. She had always easily considered people friends, but a lot of times it turned out that they didn't consider them being friends and that's quite painful. "You know if you wouldn't have asked if you could sit next to me we might've never spoken." It's a weird thing you know, thinking about how things might've gone if one small moment didn't even happen.

Marcellus nodded a few times. "I'm happy that I am one of your first friends." He looked back at Alexa and smiled. "It's kind of weird that you don't know who considers you as their friend and who does not. If I don't consider someone as a friend, I would be nice to that person, but not that nice." Marcel frowned. "Guess that makes me weird too.." He rambled on for a bit, not sure if he had to keep talking or just shut up, so he choose to shut up instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back