Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Swishy Acacia Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Open after Mika posts with Freya

Emma didn't like studying and didn't like being in the library, but sometimes it was necessary. She had her Astronomy book open before her, squinting at the words on the page. She hoped that perhaps they would make more sense the longer she stared at them, but so far that technique wasn't really working. She sighed in annoyance, looking at her sparse notes from the lessons. She really had to understand this better if she wanted to pass the exams, but it was so boring. Emma sighed deeply and briefly placed her face on her book in defeat. But then she sat up again and looked around. Maybe she could take a small break? She had been studying for a little while already, after all. She hoped someone interesting was around to talk to and distract herself with.

Freya thought it might be a good idea to start cleaning up her notes in the hope she'd be able to sell them off to impressionable first years who wanted a head start, and then maybe she'd have enough money to make it worth a trip to Brightstone. Unfortunately, her notes from class were almost illegible, so Freya headed for the library so see if she could fix them. She had ripped pages out of her textbook as needed and folded them into little origami swans for her own amusement, and now she needed to use those to take her own notes. It was perhaps an unconventional study method but Freya had discovered she absorbed more information when she was actively trying to slack off. Brain: hacked. She was very proud of herself for discovering the Freya cheat codes.

The only difficulty was that she had trouble figuring out which paper swan she needed to reference. Freya made a beeline for a spare seat, before realizing who was already sitting nearby, and screamed internally. She couldn't leave now, Emma might notice her fleeing and then the Gryffindor would win. She had no choice but to stay where she was, so Freya began carefully unfolding one of her textbook swans, pointedly ignoring the redhead.

Emma spotted someone who came to sit nearby, and was excited for the chance to talk instead of study until she spotted who it was. Her smile faded immediately, and she frowned at Freya. The Hufflepuff was an annoying liar, and Emma was not excited about being so near her. But she also wasn't going to move, she had been here first, after all. Emma planned to be quietly superior and ignore her, but the moment she spotted one of the folded swans, she couldn't help speaking up. "Did you rip up a textbook?" She asked, leaning closer to look at it. "That's so stupid, you're going to get in trouble for that!"

Freya knew it had been too much to hope for Emma to leave her alone. She wasn't sure the obnoxious Gryffindor even knew how to sit quietly without interrupting people. A scowl crossed her face as she looked up at Emma, and she sighed. "I'm just trying to raise a family of paper birds over here, so don't call them stupid," As far as she was concerned, she'd bought the textbook and it didn't matter what form it was in as long as she could siphon the material into her brain. She doubted her professors would care enough to give her detention, as they had important things to worry about, like how to optimise the chalk amount to blackboard screeching ratio. Freya held a swan out on her flat palm, and then blew it towards Emma in a quick puff of air. "Congratulations, you're a mother now," she deadpanned, as it fluttered over. She really hoped that wasn't a page she actually needed for anything, but Freya of the future would be the one to deal with that if it was important.

Emma scoffed when Freya said some stupid nonsense again. Why did she always have to do this? "Well, they are stupid because you used a textbook." She argued. "You're supposed to learn from them, and now you'll lose pages." She said with a superior air. "So... stupid." She added, crossing her arms. Emma frowned when the swan fluttered over to her, and snatched it from the air. She unfolded the bird quickly and flattened the page on the table, tilting her head slightly. "Potions?" She sighed. "Maybe I should show this to Professor Pendleton, I bet he wouldn't be thrilled to see how you're not taking his class seriously at all." She said to the Hufflepuff.

Freya's mouth dropped open in mock anger, offended at the suggestion she didn't take potions seriously. She didn't, of course, because Freya never took anything seriously if she could help it, but it was still rude to point that out. "Huh, that's weird. I swear I was studying Transfiguration." The one downside of making her textbooks into birds was that Freya had managed to mix the different subjects up into one big flock. "That's a great idea, I bet Pendles could charm them to sing all the potion ingredients!" Freya smiled innocently at the Gryffindor. Potions was Freya's favourite subject and she had yet to blow up the entire classroom from a potion gone wrong, so she didn't think that the professor would mind too much anyway.

Emma huffed out an annoyed breath as Freya made a dumb joke about thinking she was studying Transfiguration. She thought she was sooo funny, it was annoying. Emma wrinkled her nose as the girl called Professor Pendleton Pendles. She was usually definitely not the type to hate a fun nickname, but because Freya had come up with it she immediately ruled it dumb. "Professor Pendleton." She snapped. "And he wouldn't do that because they're stupid." She shoved the bird off the table in protest. "I'm trying to study here." She added in a huff.

Freya ignored Emma's comment in favour of looking aghast as the paper bird was unceremoniously cast to the ground. She summoned it over, cradling it in her hands as she glared reproachfully at the Gryffindor. What kind of parents would abandon their helpless child? Yours, her brain supplied helpfully. She tamped down that thought back into the abyss where it belonged and scowled. "Do you need my permission, or?" Freya could feel herself getting annoyed, which made her more annoyed at herself for reacting. Emma was just a mean and rude Gryffindor who attacked everything Freya did - it wasn't like her opinion actually mattered to the Hufflepuff. She opened her mouth to say something else, but remembered that she was in a library and had to keep her voice down, so she unfolded the potions textbook page instead. "You don't have to sabotage my notes to study," Freya murmured to herself, smoothing out the page and making a show of reading over the content.

Emma snapped at Freya as the girl asked if she needed her permission. "No! But you keep bothering me." She hissed angrily, crossing her arms. She rolled her eyes at the over the top way Freya cared for the paper bird, as if it wasn't just a piece of paper. Why was she so annoying? "You were the one who threw me your notes." She snapped back at her again, glaring. "You're the one sabotaging me." She huffed.

While it was entertaining to rile Emma up, Freya actually did want to wring some useful information out of her notes. The first years needed information, and who was she to deny them knowledge in exchange for financial compensation? She shrugged at Emma's interpretation of events. No surprise that she'd blame the Hufflepuff, but Freya was getting bored with Emma's predictability. Bored was definitely it, and she most definitely was not trying to swallow down an odd sense of disappointment.

Freya stood up with a flourish, and dipped into an exaggerated bow. "I shall graciously allow you to continue your birdless existence," she said, shaking her head in pity. "Though it is a great sacrifice, I can see you need all the study help you can get." Freya sighed airily, gathered her belongings, and headed for spot behind a bookshelf, outside of Emma's line of sight. Once she was sure she was hidden, Freya folded one more bird from a blank piece of paper and sent it sailing over to Emma's table.

Emma pointedly looked away when Freya did something silly, again. "Fine, whatever." She said when the girl said she'd leave. She scowled as Freya said she needed all the study help she could get, but decided not to argue as it might mean that Freya would leave sooner. "Bye." She said as she heard the girl walk away. She relaxed a little when she realized Freya had gone, and looked around to make sure she wasn't lurking around. She seemed to be gone, and Emma could finally focus on her studies again. But just when she looked at her notes, something landed on top of them and she scowled in annoyance as she realized what it was. She glanced around again, but she didn't spot Freya anywhere. With a grunt, she crumpled up the bird and threw it away angrily. "Go away, Freya!" She yelled, only to be shushed by other students trying to study.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back