Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Lumio was pretty content with his life, things with Ronald were good, he had good friends and was generally feeling pretty happy. There was a looming sense of dread about fifth year and his exams. He wasn’t the sort who studied a lot but as a fourth year he beginning to feel the pressure of his classes and knew it would only get worse. He had never been much of a studier. He found focusing like that exceedingly hard. He just was better at doing things, at reading things he was interested in, not so much with revision. But with this being the most lacking area of his life Lumio had come to the student lounge armed with determination and had taken up a whole table by one of the windows with a hope that he would just focus and learn how to revise.

Delilah was managing to survive this semester with fewer problems than she had anticipated. Some how Charms hadn't been the nightmare she had expected and she hoped that maybe she would make it through with out incident. But the rest of her subjects weren't a walk in the park either and she found herself constantly busy with homework. Today she had wanted to work in a quieter place than her dorm and came to the library for a break from all her roommates. She was on her way to find her own table when she spotted Lumio. She had been surprised but pleased to get his rose on Valentines and she walked over to join him. "Hi." she said softly. "Do you mind a study buddy?" she asked and gestured to the other chair at the table and the one small patch that wasn't covered by his notes.

Lumio looked up at when he heard someone and his face erupted into a wide smile, "Delilah!" he greeted probably louder than he should for the library. He grimaced immediately after and then smiled a little, moving his notes around so that Delilah had a little more space on the desk. He nodded, "For sure could use a study buddy, i'm struggling to stay focused," he agreed to her sitting with him was looking for any reason to not work as hard but he did also think that perhaps having someone there who he could focus, since he'd feel worse for making her not concentrate as much as she maybe wanted to. Lumio smiled at her. "What are you studying?"

Delilah's eyebrows raised as Lumio greeted her excitedly. She smiled back and let out a small giggle as he grimaced at his own outburst. She waited a moment for him as he cleared off some of the table so she could pull out a few of her books. "Well I'd be happy to help." she said cheerfully as she sat down. "I need to do some reading for arithmancy and history." she explained as she pulled out her books. She also needed some help with charms but she wasn't sure if she wanted to deal with that right now. She had enough to do already. "What about you?" she asked, curious to know what lessons Lumio took or what lessons he was struggling with.

Lumio gave her a little nodas she sat down with him and he gave a sympathetic grimace to what she had to do. "Wow, tough!" he said, he wasn't very good history and he didn't take arithmancy it had seemed like too much maths for him to be able to really enjoy. "I'm trying to wrap my head around transfiguration theory," he said giving a tone that definitely indicated that he was not enjoying it. "it's not going well," he told her with a little quiet laugh, it was easier to laugh than to let it get to him too much. "How've you been?" he had looked at his notes the work he needed to be doing before asking her that clearly trying to distract himself from his work.

Delilah smiled and appreciated his sympathy. Her course schedule could be worse but she wouldn't say it was easy either. "I didn't take Transfiguration this year, but I can try and help." she offered with a shrug. She didn't want to admit that she hadn't taken the class because of her apprehension over the practical part of the lessons, but she had understood the theory just fine. She had just opened up her Arithmancy text book when he asked her about how she'd been. For some reason it caught her off guard and she hesitated as she tried to figure out just how open she wanted to be. "I've been alright." she said finally with a smile. She realized she didn't want to talk about how awkward her Yule Ball date had been or how awful spin the bottle had been, because the last thing she wanted was for Lumio to feel sorry for her. "Just really busy. What about you?" she asked.

Lumio gave her a little smile as she offered to help him with the transfiguration theory. He would appreciate it a lot but he noted that she was opening up another book. "Don't worry, if I've got questions I'll ask," he was trying to say that he'd ask her but wouldn't go out of his way to make her help him. "The practical I can do, but the theory ughhh," he said, he found the theory so dry and awful. But he didn't picked up on her hesitancy over answering his question and he gave a little smile as she said she'd only been alright, and then said she'd been busy. "I've been good, I've started dating this guy Ronald, which is nice," He told her with a little smile, he was perhaps underselling it a little. "Just, struggling with revision....concentrating is hard,"

Delilah laughed a little as Lumio groaned about theory, but tried to be quiet since they were in the library after all. And she was a bit relieved he wasn't planning on asking her too much since he was a year ahead of her. She could probably figure it out quickly but at least for now she could keep her pride intact. When he brought up his boyfriend she listened closely. "He's in my year right?" she asked tentatively, she wasn't sure if she had asked it before but she wanted to make sure she was thinking of the right person. "I've had some lessons with him. He seems really nice." she said with a smile, wanting to sound supportive. At one point she had thought Lumio might be the kind of boy she could date and still felt horribly awkward about it. But he was so nice to her she could hardly ignore him completely. "The library usually helps with concentration, or you just end up talking to people." she teased with a small smile.

Lumio looked at Delilah nodding as she asked about Ronald. "Yeah, my house your year," he said, though he was sure that she knew him probably though pehraps not well. And it seemed she didn't. But he did agree that Ronald was nice. Lumio wondered if she liked anyone or wanted to date anyone. Some people might think were too young, but it depended on the person, "Have you spotted anyone you like?" he wanted to keep it general incase she liked girls or in case she wasn't sure. He gave a little laugh at the tease, "Some days it's one, other days it's the other," he replied with a little smile. "When I spend time around friends, it's usually a lack of concentration day," he motioned to delilah as he said friend and gave a little grin. "Shall we like at least pretend to try to study?"

Delilah nodded thoughtfully as Lumio confirmed what she thought. She wondered if she should try and get to know the other boy since him and Lumio were so close. But that thought quickly left her mind when he asked if she had her eye on anyone. She felt her face flush at the thought and was momentarily at a lost for words. "Not exactly." she said with a small laugh and sunk a bit lower in her chair. She knew her face must be bright red but she tried to pretend like she didn't notice. She chewed her lip for a moment and figured there was a very small chance this would ever get back to Sawyer or Ivy, or even worse Brooke. "Well, there is one boy." she said shyly. "He's in my year but I think my friend also likes him." she admitted before looking down at her notes. She looked up and grinned as he gestured to her and said friend. "Pretending is good." she said with a small smile.

Lumio gave a little eager smile as she said not exactly but it definitely seemed like there was something. A boy. "Whose the boy?" he asked, he wasn't sure he'd know who the person was and he certainly wasn't going to tell anyone about it. "Do you have any idea how he feels?" Lumio was sure that she probably didn't, but it never hurt to ask. "What do you like about him?" he knew he could offer ideas on how to deal with it, but she wasn't asking for advice and he was more than happy to listen to her talk about the boy and why she liked him. It would maybe keep him from having to do some work which he was avoiding.

Delilah fought the urge to bury her face in her hands, why was it so embarrassing to talk about this kind of stuff? She was fourteen, it was perfectly normal to look at boys she just couldn’t figure out why it still felt so scary. She couldn’t look Lumio in the eyes and instead glanced at his shoulder. “His name is Sawyer.” she said quietly and bit her lip. ”No.” she admitted reluctantly. She hadn’t really talked to him much after her conversation with Brooke and Ivy last semester, and it was worse now that Ivy had taken a liking to him. It felt like just her luck to lose out on the only other boy who was nice to her. Delilah considered Lumio’s next question and bit her lip again as she thought about it. “He’s good at playing the piano and he’s nice.” she said with a shrug, feeling her face heat up as she spoke. “And I feel like I can be myself around him. Like he won’t make fun of me if I say something weird.” she added quickly, and again had to fight from hiding her face. She turned to him quickly. “H-how did you know when you liked Ronald?” she countered. Maybe he held some kind of secret to romance that was apparently just flying over her head.

Lumio had no idea who Sawyer was and he knew for sure that it wasn't someone in Gryffindor or he might've just come across him so far. He listened to how she then described him, and it was pretty sweet, and he knew he was thinking about him and Ronald and how it had been with him. "That's nice that you can feel like you can be yourself around him," Lumio assured her, before nodding, "He was just really nice and cute, and he's super smart and I just felt comfortable around him," Lumio knew that a first crush wasn't easy and in fact in telling someone about his first crush he'd lost a friend, one he knew he wouldn't get back. So of course it could be daunting. "Do you wanna date him?" he asked, because perhaps though she was crushing that didn't mean she wanted to date.

Delilah was starting to worry if her face would ever stop burning if they didn't stop talking about this soon. She smiled tightly at Lumio when he said it was a good thing she could relax around Sawyer. Logically she knew this but talking about it was making it very real which she found terrifying. She nodded along when he talked about Ronald and she even smiled. They sounded like a very sweet couple. She was hoping they might drop the subject soon so the last thing she was expecting was for Lumio ask her if she wanted to date Sawyer. Delilah opened her mouth to say something but came up empty. "I-i don't know." she stammered quickly. "Maybe?" she said unsure and looked down at her books. "I think we should go back to pretending to study." she said, her voice light and slightly teasing. Despite her tone, her heart was still racing. She appreciated Lumio's input but she had said all she wanted to today. And she had been meaning to get caught up on homework.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back