Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Swishy Ebony Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Pia avoided the previous year's yule ball because of the many insecurities she had based upon her sexuality and the way others perceived it. This year, however, was different. Pia was out, proud and ready to attend the yule ball fabulously alongside her best friend Kylie. They were sure to dance the night away in their gorgeous gowns, making the rest of the attendees jealous in the process. At least that's what Kylie assured Pia would happen. She believed her friend simply because she wanted to, not because she thought she was the kind of girl pretty enough to be oggled. Regardless, the Ravenclaw was ready to have a good time. So after putting the finishing touches on her make up and getting Kylie to zip up her dress, the pair were on their way to the great hall, walking hand in hand. As they arrived, Pia stopped and looked towards Kylie. "This is pretty fancy, isn't it?" she said in their shared mother tongue, hoping Kylie would take the lead and decide how they would spend their night.
<i>
</i>

Kylie was excited to go to the Yule Ball with her best friend where they were sure to slay every other girl there. Putting on the finishing touches with a coat of mascara and a swipe of her lip stain had her ready to walk down with Pia who she had spent the evening preparing with and talking about a variety of things while the others in their dorm room seemed to pay them no mind. She suspected out of jealousy which she’d told the Chilean girl with a wink of her eye before they walked down to the great hall that was transformed into a summery Christmas celebration. What better way was there to celebrate the end of exams? She couldn’t imagine one so she smiled as her friend spoke. “The elves go all out,” Kylie agreed as she looked around them, glad to be there with her fellow Ravenclaw. She saw a few people she recognized on the dance floor and asked, “Do you want to dance?” It would assure that they were noticed more as well which really made this that much better.

Pia nodded when Kylie said the elves went all out for the ball. Evidently that was true and the difference in the great hall's decoration from how it was day to day nearly caused her jaw to drop. The more she observed the hall around her the more she noticed about the decorations. She would surely remember that night, the decorations especially and how much fun she was sure to have alongside her best friend. She squeezed Kylie's hand when she asked if they should dance and then nodded a second time, agreeing to the suggestion. The song currently playing was slow, but Pia knew she and Kylie could have fun, and dance to it without igniting more rumors that they were dating. There were enough going around already, what was one slow dance compared to everything else said about them? "Yes! Let's dance." Pia said. "Do you want to lead?" she asked Kylie as they walked to the designated dance floor and stood across from each other.
<i>
</i>

Kylie was a particularly awful slow dancer but that didn’t mean she and Pia couldn’t enjoy themselves. In fact it was probably the opposite because she felt certain they would be able to giggle the whole way through. It was hardly the way she wanted to introduce herself to the crowd of students and couples but at the very least it would spark their curiosity about the two girl’s friendship. A laughable thing really, set mostly by hopeful people to see two girls such as themselves date while still somehow being open to coupling with the opposite gender. She nodded her head and grinned, “Of course.” She took her hand from Pia’s and put it on the small of her back to lead the girl onto the dance floor where she awkwardly created the frame to Pia’s pretty portrait as she had once seen another Ravenclaw do for her. The girl really was a tragic slow dancer, which was quickly found out as she lead the girl looking down at their feet every so often while she said, “Do you think someone might steal you away from me for a dance?” She glanced over Pia’s shoulder to see two very familiar boys who had similarly come together as friend dates but mentioned nothing of names while they moved jaggedly to the music, all Kylie’s doing.

Pia was as much of a slow dancer as she was an athlete, which was not at all. So she wasn't able to do anything but allow Kylie to place a hand on the small of her back, leading her as Pia moved her own hand to Kylie's shoulder. In time she swayed to the music but was too fearful of falling in her black high heels to move her gaze from her feet. Pia assumed Kylie was doing the same to avoid making a scene in the middle of the ball, or at least a scene neither of them wanted to make until Kylie moved her head, mentioning someone stealing her for a dance. That thought caused Pia's brow to furrow firstly because she was there to be with her friend, and secondly because she was not worthy of being 'stolen' for a dance based alone on her inability to dance. "No, I can't dance." She answered as she looked up at Kylie before looking behind her shoulder to where she noticed her friend was looking. Her eyes landed on Orwell and Archie in a different spot on the dance floor so she quickly smiled towards them and moved her hand from Kylie's momentarily so she could wave. Clearly Pia did not understand what Kylie's word's meant so when she looked back to her friend she was not fussed to ask a different question. One that was playing more on her mind than whether or not someone else would ask her to dance as drawing attention seemed to be Kylie's agenda for the night. "Are we being watched?" she whispered.
<i>
</i>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back