Home to an empty house (again)

Darian frowned. "What was your saddest moment growing up."

"My saddest moment was....." Seh paused thinking. "Was when my father died." She looked at him. "What about yours?"

Darian thought for a moment. "When I left the monastery."

"You must miss the people there a lot, eh?" She asked, hoping she wasn't intruding on his privacy.

Darian nodded solemly. "It was my home, the monks were my family."

"Yeah, i know what that's like." She smiled wistfully. "But you'll visit them again.

Darian nodded. "And I will finish my training once I'm done with school."

"That's cool. What's training like?"

Darian leaned back, relaxing. "Its hard but rewarding. You spend the whole day sparing, and lifting weights, training your body and your spirit."

"REally, sounds like it would be really fun. But i bet i would pass out at the end of the day." She grinned. Angela was strong, but being related to her lazy aunt, she just couldn't do much physical labor.

Darian smiled. "You get used to it. When I first started training I couldn't make it though the whole day before I'd pass out. Now I can train for days at a time with out sleep."

"Wow." She said, admiration laced in her voice. She would never be able to do that. "So..." She thought for a second. "What do you wanna talk about now?"

"You pick." Darian smiled lazily. "I picked last time."

"But i'm a woman and can't make up my mind." She whined looking at him.

"So now your a woman. " Darian huffed. "And here I was thinking you were just a girl."

She hit him playfully and turned her head the other way. "Adam treats me like a woman!" She said in a huff, even though it didn't come out right.

Darian sat up. "Adam Simons?" HE looked at her with wide eyes.

"Yeah! He thinks I'm awesome!" She said without thinking. "Wait... how did you know?" She asked.

Darian felt his eye's glow green with envy. "Thats my cousin. He is coming to live with me."

"Really! And he's related to Alfie too!" She smiled not noticing his eyes, or the envy that seemed to radiate off of him. "i remeber bringing him home with me to help his leg out."

"hmph." Darian leaned back. 'She gets around doesn't she.' He thought to himself.

"What's wrong Darian?" She asked. "Do you not like Adam?" She frowned a bit.

"Of course I do. He is like a brother." Darian sighed.

"T-then, did i do something?" She asked frowning even more. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt Darian

Darian sighed and gave he a sad smile. "Hey, Don't worry about it. K?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back