OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat arrived just outside of her home in the English countryside. The little cottage wasn't much, but she loved it here, it was afterall her home and there wasn't another place like it.

everetts_cottage.jpg

Kat walked up the little dirt lane that led to her families cottage. She opened the door and said, "Hello! I'm home!" She looked around and saw that her mother had already started on the decorations, but had left the tree bare, assuming that she was awaiting Kat's return to decorate. Kat could smell gingerbread and cinnamon in the air and breathed it in deeply. She was home, even if it was for a few weeks.

Caysi sent her owl:
Dear Kat,
Hope you are having a great holiday so far. I'm just packing a bit more here at Hogwarts NZ. I have Owl'ed Professor Heimdall to know when I am going to go and meet my mother.

Have fun!

Caysi Finnigan
[/color]

Kat had no sooner sat her trunk up in her room when she saw an owl come to the window. That looks like Caysi's owl she thought to herself. She opened up the parchement that the owl had attached to its leg and read it. She quickly pulled out her quill and parchment and wrote a return letter.

Hey Caysi,

Just arrived home!  Didn't realize how much I missed it here.  Please be very careful, i'm still a bit worried about you going to see your mum, but I know it's something you must do.  Let me know as soon as you can how everything goes!!  If you need anything just send me an owl!

Have a great holiday!

Your Friend
Kat

PS  I'll be back at Hogwarts about 5 days before start of term.

Kat tied the letter to the owls leg and said, "Take this to Caysi Finnigan."

Kat felt worry for her friend, but was sure that everything would go smoothly.

Serena quietly tip-toed into her sister's room and when she got almost right up behind her she yelled, "SISSY! Your home!! Mum has waited until you got home so that we can decorate the tree together. We are going to have so much to catch up on. I want you to tell me everything and I do mean everything." Serena jumped on her sister and gave her a huge bear hug.

"Whoa! Let me breathe! Rena, seriously your squeezing the air out of me!" Kat said laughing. "Tell ya what let me get settled in and then we will sit and i'll tell you absolutely everything. Sound like a plan?" Kat said grinning at her sister.

Caysi read the owl and sent another one:
Dear Kat,
I will be the most care-ful, a Professor is coming with me and my father, so I will be fine hopefully. I will owl you every once in a while if that is alright with you. I will be back in time for classes.

Your friend
Caysi Finnigan.
[/color]

Kat saw Caysi's owl settle on the windowsill once again and took the note from the owl and read it. She sat down and wrote another letter to her friend, this time feeling a bit more relief knowing that Caysi's father would also be accompanying her.

Dear Caysi,

I'm finding much relief in knowing that you father will too be with you.  I hope that everything goes well and that you find what it is that you are looking for.  Of course it's fine if you write to me, as much as you want!!

Your Friend
Kat

Kat tied the letter to the owls leg and said, "Caysi Finnigan." Kat began to unpack her things and put them away. She pulled out the picture she had of her and her friends at the Yule Ball and sat it on the table beside her bed.

friendsattheball.gif

She really had made some of the best of friends at school. They had brought her out of her shell and for that she would always be greatful.

Serena burst back into her sister's room and said, "Mum said she wants you down stairs front and center right now. Mostly only because she didnt believe that you're really here!" A wide grin spread across Rena's face and she looked devilishly at her sister and said, "So, urm, what did ya get me for Christmas?"

"Alrighty i'll be down in just a second. I'm done here anyways." Kat then looked at her sister with a mischevious grin and said, "Nothing!" and then got up and walked downstairs.

Cystine saw her eldest daughter walk downstairs and said, "Well, well, well!! You are actually here!!" She gave Kat a bright smile and then walked up to her and gave her a hug.

Serena stomped down the stairs after her big sister, looked at her mum and said, "See! I told you she was here!" She stuck her tongue out playfully at her mother. Serena looked at Kat and said, "So, now will you tell me everything about being at Hogwarts? Please, please, please, please!" She hoped that her whinyness would break her sister and force her to tell her what she was wanting know.

Kat looked at her sister and said in a snobbish tone, "Hush you or i'll jinx you!" She couldn't even keep a straight face at saying this. "Yes I PROMISE that i'll tell you everything that you want to know and need to know! Just give me a moment to take in actually being home okay twirp." said Kat as she nudged her sister. She hugged her mum back and said, "This time she was actually telling the truth, unlike the time she told you that I had accidentally made my ears dissappear. So when can we decorate the tree?" That was Kat's favorite thing to do over the holidays. There was something about decorating the tree with her family that made it seem official.

Cystine giggled to herself. She too remembered the time that Serena had told her that Kat had made her ears vanish. "We will decorate when your father gets home. He shouldn't be too much longer in fact. Did you get your trunk unpacked yet?" she said to her daughter.

Kat looked at her mother and said, "Yes ma'am I sure did! I've acutally already received two owls in the short time that i've been here. And found time to reply as well! I've been a busy little bee since my arrival." Kat gave her mother a sly little grin, then she turned to her sister and added, "So Rena, what do you want to know about Hogwarts?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back