Hogwarts: Subtly is a Gift Scarcely Given

Aiden Titus

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Maple Wood, 9 ½, Essence of Werewolf Hair
Aiden had enjoyed the train ride back up to Scotland. Of course he had. It may have been long and uneventful but he had managed to read over his books for the new year. The upside of acting like such a Ravenclaw was that it meant he could allow his mind to wander in lessons and still be able to answer the Professors questions. He had watched the sorting, filled his stomach with food and had a great nights sleep but he was awake now and it was after midday. With no sign of anything fun to do and no lessons that day, Aiden decided to head off to the library: It was a last resort but with nothing to do, it held the promise of something half interesting. But not fun. Never fun.

Aiden arrived at the library, striding over to the shelves filled with miscellaneous books. He picked on up, staring down at the cover. The Young Wizards Guide: From Exams To Romance Aiden shoved it back in with the other books as though it were diseased and he feared he'd become infected. He wasn't interested in girls yet.. This was a outright lie to himself. A lie he constantly tried to believe. In truth, Aiden was scared of talking to girls. Especially the pretty ones. Although, Aiden thought most girls pretty which didn't help matters at all. He looked across to where one girl sat, her fiery red hair in plats which she twiddled as she wrote a long essay. Aiden smiled as she looked up. She stared at him for a moment before continuing her work. Aiden sighed.

Dragging his mind away from girls, Aiden finally settled upon what sort of book he intended to read and set about finding it. He picked up A Guide To Witch Charming and subtly moved into the nearest cornet where he attempted to hide it from view. Unfortunately, the way Aiden was acting was evermore suspicious and anyone nearby may have thought him to be causing trouble.

So far Noah's return to school had been very eventful. First he had snuck out to the library after the start of year feast. Fell asleep in the library and missed his first class of his OWL year. It turned out missing his first class had been a blessing though, he had met Rosiee, and amazing and beautiful girl who he was falling for, and Lola. Even if he only knew Lola through letters he loved talking to her, it always put a smile on his face. Since he had caught up on all his homework and finished his study quota for the day Noah decided to go to the library for some leisurely reading. Maybe I could start some of those muggle books my mum has sent me... he thought absentmindedly as he walked the familiar and well walked path to the library. Thank-fully he already had a few in his school bag so he wouldn't have to make the tedious walk back to the Ravenclaw tower.

Noah smiled as he entered the library. This very room had become his home away from home over the years, his happiest memories taking place in the sanctuary. Noah inhaled the sent of old and new parchment stained with ink from over the ages. Noah could walk the rows of books with his eyes closed by now. Noah decide to go say hello to the librarian before going to read his books. He had grown fond of the old lady over the years and always enjoyed discussing books with her, even muggle books. After a conversation about each others summers and a few snickers from some other students Noah bid good bye to the lady and went to go find his seat. Noah was already pulling out his books from his bag as he walked to the far corner of the library. He was about to sit down and enjoy another world but as he looked up from the titles to see someone was in his seat.

At first Noah was extremely confused. No one usually sat this far back, opting for tables closer to the door for fast getaways. His confusion quickly turned to annoyance, that was his seat! He had been sitting there for four years now, he wouldn't be surprised if it had molded to his butt! Noah coughed loudly and obviously trying to get the boys attention. "I'm sorry to interrupt you from your," Noah read the title of the boys book before rolling his eyes, "studying..." Noah finished. "But you are in my seat. I know this may sound childish but you see I've become rather attached to my spot in the library, I would of course be happy to share the table with you if I must though." Noah finished trying to sound polite instead of sounding like a stuck up snob, he just really wanted his seat.

Aiden, who had expected no-one to stray as far as this, let alone speak to him, positively jumped several feet in the air, letting out a rather girly squeal. Many students looked over to him. The girl he had looked at had not batted an eyelash and continued studying. Aiden was thankful for her silence in the matter.. Much unlike a small group of Hufflepuff girls, watching him and giggling. Aiden flushed red and tried, desperately, to regain his cool. Aiden turned to the boy who he vaguely recognized from his classes. He had never really taken the time to get to know his classmates and his best friends had both transferred to schools abroad.

"Oh.. er.. Sorry." Aiden said, moving away from the seat. "I didn't realize it was your seat." He mumbled, still thoroughly embarrassed. But Aiden wasn't sure if he should be giving up the seat so easily; It wasn't like this boy had his name on it.. Was it? He cast his eyes over the seat, unsure of any markings. He supposed he had better ask. "What's your name?" Aiden said, turning back to the boy. He towered above most people at his grand height of six foot five, yet he was a gentle giant, a caring boy who desperately sought company. But he would never admit that. He still had his pride in tact.

Aiden found his eyes drifting to the red head as though he valued her opinion on the matter. She felt his eyes and her flitted up for a moment to look at him. Aiden immediately looked back to the boy before him, still clutching the book on witch 'charming' to his side, hiding the cover from the other students. Aiden didn't want to fight. People often called him pathetic for being this way but he was saving up his anger for someone who deserved it.

Noah fought of a laugh as the boy squealed and jumped. Noah kind of felt sorry for him afterwards though, that must have been embaressing infront of all those girls. Noah had been there before, but now that he was persuing Rosiee he really didn't care much what they other girls thought of him. Only Rosiee's opinion mattered. Noah smiled as he picutred him and the firey haired girl sitting under the tree nd just talking, it was the only time he had ever missed a class but it was very much worth it. Noah forced the happy memory out of his mind so he could focus on the task at hand. He was here to read his books, not laugh at some boy or think of Rosiee.

Noah shrugged when the boy apologized, it wasn't like he had know Noah hadn't written his name on it or anything. The thought of defacing school property made him pale a little. He had never once gotten in trouble, the thought terified him. Noah cleared his throat quietly when the boy asked his name, "My name's Noah, Noah Scott. I believe we have some classes together?" Noah asked, he was trying hard to remember the boys name. Andy or Alex, something like that. Noah looked up at the boy as he stood up, wow he was tall. Noah was tall himself at 5'10 but the boy made him seem very short in comparison. Noah watched as the boys eyes drifted off somewhere, he didn't seem like the brightest bulb at the moment. I need to stop judging people, they can surprise you. Noah told himself.

Noah wondered what he should do now... Just sit down and pull out his books and ignore the boy? No that didn't seem right. Noah looked down at his shoes so he wouldn't have to look up at the boy. He noticed that they looked a little dull, he would have to polish them later. Most people didn't polish there school shoes but Noah liked to look nice. It made him feel better about being himself on days where he wasn't feeling very confident.

Aiden smiled as the boy- Noah, introduced himself. He nodded in positive reply to Noah's query about them having classes together. He was very pleased that they weren't fighting. "Aiden," he said, smiling as he introduced himself to Noah, still hoping there was no chance of a fight, "Aiden Titus." It was a truly fitting surname with it's meaning being 'giant', which Aiden certainly was. Most people thought Aiden lacking in intelligence (as he did himself), but, as most people did, Aiden had an area of expertise and that, helpfully, was finding loopholes. It was how he had escaped trouble many times and it truly was a gift. Other than that, his Quidditch skill and his height, Aiden was your average Hogwarts student.

Aiden felt a little awkward just standing there, the girls still looking at him but silent. His interest still lay with that red haired girl who had continued to study her book. Maybe, another day, he would try to talk to her or at least learn her name. He had the feeling that she was a year below him. Aiden had to decide what he wanted from this situation. Fun. That was what he always wanted. And often, he knew how to achieve such things. Most people would have spent hours in idle conversation. But not Aiden, no, he was someone who had to out there doing something with his life.

"Do you play Quidditch?" Aiden asked, eyeing him up and not thinking him the sort. Judging books by their covers was a habit most people had, nowadays. "You don't just sit around in the library all day reading, surely?" Again, his eyes brushed over Noah. He smiled very slightly. "Have you ever been in the restricted section?" he asked in a whisper so that none of the girls would hear. "Without the permission of a teacher?" Aiden's eyes instantly flicked in the restricted section's direction. He had never been in there but now it was becoming his destiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back