Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Hey guys! Well this thread is basically here so we can see who would be interested in joining the Hogwarts Monthly at school before we start it up with no luck lol. So please post if you're interested! :D

I would be interested! :)

I'm thinking, if Cecily is alright with it too, that the Hogwarts Monthly forum would move to like a subforum of the fifth floor corridor or something, because I can see a school paper having its own classroom of sorts to work in.
Then it won't be in the clutter of forums for the student club area, either.
I also think I will remove the password from the main part of the Hogwarts Monthly to allow for RPs but make a subforum that would be password protected (or have a Hogwarts Monthly joinable group that could see it, maybe?) for story submissions.
If this goes through it would have to be monthly.
A month to get like four stories together shouldn't be too difficult, should it? Not between several people, at least.
So ya, if this happens this time it happens for real. -_-
All of the above are just my random first thoughts, they likely need refining and I definitely need to run them by Cecily. She normally has an even better idea to throw in with mine that I then take credit for. :r: I can't not steal her ideas. :shifty:

Ya, so keep signing up if you peeps are interested, but please be seriously interested. I've seen this thing fail more than enough times. It's a monthly school paper, and it's not even every month IC (which is like biweeklyish OOC except for in the 'winter' months on HNZ (June-August) where a month goes by in like two days. ;) So ya, once every month OOC time... that can't be too much of a burden. :) I just want to see this get off the ground so we can possibly look in to more. If we never get these basics down we can never get more than what we already have. We'd be building a house on no foundation, on sand. :r:

That should be good, if we get about 4 people interested we'll have 4 stories in a month. One a month won't be too hard. And we can collaborate if someone's got something like exams or going away or whatever.

I like your ideas, Nick. ^_^

Sign Joce up! :)

Will you take staff? :wub:

I'm interested (either as Mike or Tom idm. Whichever seems more suitable)

:woot: Maybe Aurora can be the one in charge of us? ^_^ Or Tom if you decide to go with him instead of Mike? You guys would have to duke it out :p

Isabella Chaos said:
:woot: Maybe Aurora can be the one in charge of us? ^_^ Or Tom if you decide to go with him instead of Mike? You guys would have to duke it out :p
I vin! Toms a vinner! hes in charge :p I'll go with Mike ^_^

A professor supervisor is logical, but it should be entirely student run.
If everybody is ready and dedicated to this we should be able to start it all up by the end of this week for a July first release of the new Hogwarts Monthly. :)

would it be easier to divide the paper into subgroups - the editor in charge of making sure grammatical errors etc are cleared and deciding on what stories should be run; but each student that is interested maybe gets a different topic.

like sports - duelling and quidditch coming under this - if there are no 'official games or duels' write about practise sessions for the houses and how the teams look - write about the SDA club and other similar aspects of these two sports.

we have an illegal gossip mag ;) ;) - so why not have our own gossip column in the HM, writing up about the Halloween Feast, the Yule Ball, whose dating who etc etc...

A profile piece - on perhaps a student or even a professor or our new headmaster...

current events about the school - exams, first graduating class ever ...

sorry getting carried away I know but I've been putting alot of thought into this for a bit but thought some kind of application form would be posted for students to apply for the paper. ^_^

Drake Damico said:
Isabella Chaos said:
I vin! Toms a vinner! hes in charge :p I'll go with Mike ^_^
I said first! Finders keepers. Rawr! My wife is leading this thing anyway so
on_the_quiet.gif
Also like your idea Andy :wub:

I vote if we have a Professor supervising, they have to be sain. *cough*
*pushes Isolde forward* :p

But yeah, I like your suggestions Linda. ^_^

Those suggestions Linda mentioned are the same ones I suggested to Nick ^_^ Though she went into more detail :p Anyway yes I love those ideas and I don't plan on keeping the Gossip Magazine running for long so this Hogwarts Monthly would have awesome stories! :D

=)) if any sane professor needs to supervise lets get Styx involved then :p
JK

Abby when you get it up and running, perhaps you would be the editor in chief then?

and sign me up for it as well - of course if you already have too many names, don't worry about it. When you need me just holler - will help out all I can and so do not give up that magazine.
That was a wicked idea :wub:

Violet Bellamy said:
I vote if we have a Professor supervising, they have to be sain. *cough*
*pushes Isolde forward* :p

But yeah, I like your suggestions Linda. ^_^
I think if we have someone in charge of Grammar it ought not to be Camilla. She spelt sane wrong :p

Yes! I wouldn't mind writing the Sport articles ? ;)

:oy: Boys :p

Ohh if we're talking about articles, maybe I could do a cooking article (being head of the cooking club :lol: ) Maybe a different recipe to try out every 'month' or whatever it is, seeing as the cooking club never really works out.

I would so love to be photogepher for the Hogwarts Monthly. I'm even willing to work for the Hive Mother so I can do it!

Alright well I'll get a meeting started soon! :D

But I don't know what Nick was going to do about the privacy thing, since we'd like to keep the articles private so everyone else won't already know what the articles will be. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back