HNZ Skype Party!

Riley Sparkles

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Wahoo!
Last year in October we had quite a fun Skype party, and we are wanting to do it again! This is a everybody is invited voice party, but if you don't have a microphone, you are still welcome to join us and type along!
We've selected a couple of dates that may work, but we need to know your availability!

If you're interested in participating (and we really hope you are) just follow the instructions below:
[ul][li]Click Here</LI>
[li]Change the time zone setting to your time zone so the times listed are appropriate for where you are. (Screenshot of where to change timezone settings.)
[li]Insert your OOC first name and check off when you'll be available to chat.
<LI>[li]Save your changes![/li][/ul]

It's that simple!
Once we have a good idea of what time will work best for the most of us we'll announce the time and give you more information about how we'll set up the chat (including collecting skype usernames of people we'll be adding to the call).

I'm really looking forward to chatting with you all again!

:wub:

~Donna
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

As an added note: The Doodle poll will remain up until Thursday (EDT), at which point will announce the time(s) for the chat and collect Skype usernames to be added to the call. :)
I look forward to talking with you all. ^_^

Based on the poll, our Skype chat this weekend will be held at (time=1367722800)[note]Once again, this time is in your local time as long as your Board Clock is set to be absolutely accurate. Are times on HNZ wrong for you? Fix your board clock![note].
If you're able to make it at that time click here and send me your Skype username to be added to the call!

We know that last time we had two different times to maximize who could talk - this time, most people could make the one chat with only Cyndi, Emzies, and Pat absolutely unable to make it[note]And reasonably so for Emzies and Pat - it'd be 4:00AM for them[note] and no other times really worked for those three this weekend. As such, we're going to try to schedule another chat for next weekend and try to ensure those three ladies can join us at whatever time works best. So, if you're interested, look for the next poll that will be coming to this topic shortly. :)

Once again, I look forward to chatting with you all!

As a reminder: The chat is about an hour from now! :o
:party:

The call is going on now - if anybody wants to join send me a PM and I'll try to add you if I'm still on and it's still happening. :)

Another poll has been set up for this coming weekend and it's available here.
This poll, once again, is aimed at being more friendly to our European users (it stops listing times at 7:00pm Eastern - which is 12:00am Greenwich).
If you're interested in chatting again, or missed the first chat, please indicate your availability on the poll.

Additionally, the Skype chat 'rules' as they have been discovered over the past couple of chats to make things work well are:[ol][li]You should have headphones/earphones on during the call.
This makes it so people in the call don't hear the Skype chat coming through your speakers. Echos drive us crazyyyy. :r</LI>
<LI>[li]You should be able to be in a quiet place during the call
We know this isn't always feasible, but the louder the situation around you is the more of that we hear and the less opportunity we get to chat with each other ( :( ).[/li][/ol]
That's really it - just two simple things that we've learned more from experience than anything else that will help the call run as smoothly as possible.

Hopefully I'll be able to chat with you all again this weekend! ^_^

I have no idea how Nick makes the post use the board clock, but Skype chat is going to be during whatever time is listed on the last slot for today. In EST, it is 7PM and I know that is 12AM Greenwich time.

If you're still going to join, you should send me a PM so that I know to add you to the call! I look forward to chatting with you peeps ^_^
Just a reminder: skype chat is in a little over an hour!

I would so be there but I am watching Harry Potter with Fred and I'm enjoying it to much to go somewhere without noise.

Priorities :r

Skype chat is starting! Send me a PM if you want me to add you to the conversation. :)

Worst day today! its mothers day so me being Australian i'm spending it with my mum!

Can't wait for another chat I can chat, I haven't participated in one yet! but I have my ipad and iphone and computer which are all Skype capable!
Maybe one during the week? (mon-wed I do nothing for next week and I fly back to Brisbane from Melbourne on the 20th)

Iunno, I just want to Skype party

Users who are viewing this thread

Back