Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight Dark Cherrywood Wand 13" Sturdy with Selkie Hair
Suggestion: HNZ Planner

Reason:
I was thinking about how I hate not having things planned out on HNZ for major plots and since we have our own.. blog journals on our Profiles, would there be a possibility to have a HNZ Planner for individuals like the HNZ Calender but you can add your own plot’s starting and continuing to so you have a solid record
E.g Kida’s would have
Scarlet is born, Scarlets First Birthday party, Abducted (Link to plot) and blocks out time where Kida is abducted for. Found by Eden (Link to Plot)
If you get what I mean?
That way anyone can see your plans (Your choice to put them in) and the length of the plot etc.

Hey Ash,

I think I understand your suggestion - and, unfortunately, I don't think there's anything I can do to help.
I'm just not that skilled. I can't handle dates etc. within coding. The western world's calendar system is the most awkward thing in the world, and time zones don't make it any easier, and trying to set up something like the site calendar feature for individual use is way outside of my abilities to create.

We could, technically, open up the site calendar in one of two ways:[ol][li]Let members create personal events on the calendar. The downside would be that only the account adding the events would see those events.</LI>
[li]Let members add site-wide events on the calendar. The downside here would be that the important actual site-wide dates would be buried under personal dates, and we'd have to moderate the calendar to ensure nothing inappropriate is posted on it.[/li][/ol]So, for those reasons, opening the site calendar that does exist and is a feature on the software isn't really a possibility, either.

Alternatives that I can suggest:[ul][li]Use the blog on your profile for that. Just don't call it a blog. You'll easily be able to locate it, other people will be able to see it and reference it, it'll be quite simple.
<LI>[li]Use your character's biography topic. Cyndi says people do this a lot already, so it could continue in the vein you're looking at.[/li][/ul]

I would be amiss if I didn't mention my recent blog post where I discourage planning too far into a character's future and missing out on the fun of actually roleplaying with other people.

Genuinely, though, I don't have anything against this idea - I'm just not in a position to implement anything cohesive for it. Fortunately, I think individuals who would be interested in using something like that have options open to them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back