HNZ Honors Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
I think that HNZ should have a Honors Society for such students that get EE's and O's on there end of term grades. They could be placed in a special group and the student at the end of the school year could get a star next to there name for a week or something like that. I just thought it would be a cool idea cause I was going through a box and found all my Honor Society awards. xD

I don't think this is a bad idea, but I do think some of it needs to be changed or fleshed out a little bit more. :)
Like what being in the "Honours Society" means (yes, we'd spell it with the u probably - as New Zealand, like every other country less one, acknowledges u as a letter :r ). The star next to the name is an OOC reward for what is mostly IC (lessons), I don't think we should mix the two. So whatever the bonus of being in the 'society' is, it should likely be in character. :)

I meant the star should be next to the IC name xD. I guess I fudged that one up a bit when I did not make it clearer. Also I think what being in it means is that the student is above the rest in there studies. They may not be the most well behaved student but when it comes down to it they get there homework down and pull the best marks. I am trying to think what else they could do. Maybe the older Society members say 6th and 7th yrs could be a big brother or sister to a first yr who shows promise but is not old enough for the Society. With that being said I also think that students could not apply to be in the Society until there third yr. They may apply for a big brother or sister at the end of term one there first yr if they get the right grades but they can not apply for membership until the second term of there third yr. I hope that it explains it a bit more. I could go on and on about this so let me know if you need anything else before I write you the novel lol. :D

I think what he means is that putting a star next to your name, yes your IC name, is an OOC reward, whereas if we were to go through with this Honors Society thing (and yes we acknowledge that U is a letter, just isn't necessary in every other word :p ) which is an IC thing, it wouldn't make sense to be rewarded OOC.

The Honors Society reminds me a bit much of the Prefects. :erm:
Otherwise, sounds like something I'm apart of in my school. =))

Ahhh ok lol I got a bit mixed up lol. I think Prefects on here are the students that follow the rules the best and stay out of trouble. I know that U is a letter I just don't use it in less it is part of the word I am using lol. xD

I agree that prefects are often partly picked out based on IC behaviour, though there is at least a component of consideration given for lesson attendance.
Let me think about this then discuss it with Livvy, alright?
It might be something good to slip in with "Club Academia" - as an offshoot of that group. What do you think?

I so totally agree with that idea Nick. Also I like the new avi even though your avi has nothing to do with what we are talking about xD

I have started a discussion for this in the staff forum.
We'll discuss it there and possibly implement it for Y10.

Thanks for your suggestion. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back