Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
??
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Flexible Cherry Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
The good thing about it approaching the end of the semester meant that Leia studying pretty openly was not a bad thing. She felt like she could without people thinking it too weird, or thinking her too much of a teachers pet or nerd. She just had to always be careful, she needed to appear keen on her studies but not overly keen. She knew studying in the classroom for History of magic would've probably been fine, but she'd decided to come to the library instead. There were other things she wanted to study after so this just made most sense. Come to the library. She found an empty table in the history section of the library and took out her notes and books from the last semester of History of magic. She would start by fixing up her notes from the last few classes, making them more clear and then build to them from that. it would be easy enough. So the slytherin girl just got to work.

Nikko made his way to the library determined to study. He hadn't been doing exceptionally well in his classes this semester and he really needed to do some cramming now if he didn't want to completely fail. Once actually there he wasn't really sure where to go. It wasn't like he was in there all the time and it didn't help that it seemed to be extra crowed with everyone also trying not to fail their exams, leaving next to no empty seats. Eventually he spotted a somewhat familiar face, it was the girl he faced in the dueling tournament who had beaten him rather quickly. He walked over to the table she was sitting at that had a few empty chairs. "Do you mind if I sit here?" he asked, tentatively, not wanting to bother her if she wanted to be alone but her table was one of the few with extra seats.

Leia looked up from her studying as she was joined by someone. She knew this boy, she’d fought him and won against him in the duelling tournament. She felt rather assured therefore about agreeing to let him sit with her. ”No, I don’t mind,” she said, with a politer tone than she might’ve otherwise used. She knew his name was Nikko and she knew he was a gryffindor but admittedly that was all she knew about him. She wondered briefly as she looked at him what it would be like next year when she shared all of her classes with people from all of the houses. It was sure to be quite interesting. ”You’re Nikko right?” she decided to say, she might be sure about it, but it wouldn’t really hurt to still ask it. ”We fought in the duel,” she added, almost if reminding him in case he’d forgotten that that was how they met. [/B]

Nikko let out a relieved breath as she agreed to let him sit there. “Thanks.” he said quietly, and sat down across from her. “Uh yeah.” he said with a nod. He was surprised she had recognized him but he didn't expect her to remember his name and he started to panic a little. “We did, and you beat me pretty quickly.” he laughed softly as he pulled out his notebook that didn’t have nearly as many notes as it should have. “What are you studying for?” he asked and glanced over at the papers in front of her, trying to peak and see if any of them had her name on them.

Leia shrugged slightly but it was forced, she wasn’t wanting to boast to him about her victory, but she also couldn’t really stop herself from appearing to force the action. It was not smooth. But really she didn’t care enough to try again or even apologise. SHe’d won the tournament, and been the best of her year, so she could feel pretty proud. ”I’m sure you’ll get better,” she said and though she meant the words the tone was a little condescending. She looked back at her work and then back at him, ”History of magic,” she said, ”What are you working on?” she returned.

Nikko wasn't sure what to make of her discomfort at his compliment. He had meant in sincerely. "Um, thanks." he said, a little bluntly in return. Her tone wasn't very convincing, not that he really minded either way. Nikko was pretty sure he wasn't cut out of dueling and he didn't need to be comforted. "I'm not sure if I'll sign up next year." he admitted. "Don't think dueling is for me." he said with a sigh and placed his bag on the table to start taking out his things. "A little bit of everything." he answered a little cryptically as he pulled out his potion book first from the bottom of his bag. He leaned forward a bit as he did so and managed to spot her name written on one of her assignments. Leia, that sounded right and he repeated it several times in his head to commit it to memory.

Leia was a little surprised that he wasn’t thinking about signing up again. ”Why not?” she asked, just because he lost? Just because he hadn’t been good on his first attempt that didn’t seem like a good reason. She knew that some people weren’t suited for it, that some people didn’t like to injure others. Perhaps that was it. She thought it was a silly reason but she could at least respect it if that was it. She looked at the book that he pulled out and thought it was silly that he said a little bit of everything if he was just going to study potions. Why not just say that….Leia had had potions in the last semester. ”Did you like potions this year? I had it last semester,” she might've then bragged about getting an O in it, but decided to not yet start bragging about things.

Nikko wan't expecting her to ask him any more about dueling and he wasn't really sure how to answer at first. "I guess, I just don't think I like fighting." he said finally with a shrug, not really wanting to talk about it much more. He wasn't sure how to else to explain it to a girl like her, how casting spells to potentially and purposefully hurt someone didn't sit very well with him. He didn't have a problem with the sport and after doing it himself he really respected the skill needed to do it well, it just wasn't for him. "Oh yeah, I would have seen you if you had it this semester." he said and cracked a small smile. "It's been good." he said unconvincingly as he suddenly drew a complete blank about nearly everything he had learned in the past few months. He glanced down at his alarmingly thin stack of notes and started to dread settle over him slowly.
"You wouldn't happen to remember what was on the exam by chance?" he asked with a short laugh. "I'm just kidding." he added quickly in case his lame attempt at a joke wasn't obvious, then sighed.

Leia listened as he explained why he didn’t want to do it again. The question then burned in her, why do it at all, did he learn he didn’t like fighting because of it...was it maybe just that he had lost and felt so hurt by his defeat that he couldn’t handle fighting again. She hoped it was that latter option that was dumb. Maybe it was just hurting someone in a fight, actually seeing it take place which had put him off. That was fair enough really. She nodded in response to his statement, ”Next year we’ll have all classes with all houses,” she wasn’t sure she was looking forward to that, there were certain people she knew she’d be happier if they weren’t in the class with her. But she’d just have to live with it. She gave a little laugh, ”There’s stuff at potions,” she said, she was glad he was just kidding, because she would’ve never given away the answer. ”It wasn’t hard though, or I didn’t find it hard, so….” she trailed off at the end, letting the statement of perhaps if he wasn’t good at the subject that he would struggle more than she had. Leia decided to push it slightly too, ”Didn’t even have to study too much for it either,” She was both lying (in her mind masterfully), and very clearly (not hiding it at all) boasting.

Nikko was relieved when Leia didn't ask more about dueling. He just hoped she didn't think he was weak or afraid or anything. But he let that thought go as she started to talk about classes again. “That’ll be interesting. I wonder why they separate us like they do for the first two years?” he asked thoughtfully, mostly to himself. “Do you know what electives you want to take next year?” he asked as he started to doodle a geometric pattern on his paper rather then any kind of notes. “Oh well I could have guessed that.” he said with a laugh, only slightly disappointed she didn't give him any kind of hint. Saying it was easy wasn't much of a help either since Nikko was pretty sure Leia got much better grades then him. “Wow you’re lucky. I’m not a great note taker so I think I might have to do a lot of reading.” he sighed. “Have you studied for Defense Against the Dark Arts?” he asked with a raised eyebrow, suddenly remembering the one class he had with Slytherin this year.

Leia shrugged, ”Maybe so it’s because we’re more difficult to manage?” she could imagine that a big first year class filled with students who didn’t always know how classes worked, she knew that while she had always gone to school a lot of magical people just hadn’t gone to school prior to Hogwarts. ”Oh i’m planning to take Ancient Runes and Arithmancy, what about you?” she asked. The boy laughed at her little potions joke and she was pleased he didn’t push for more answers on it, since she definitely would not have given them. ”A little bit, I like Professor Drage, she has a really cool way of teaching. Her demonstration with the older charms professor was pretty cool!”[/bb] she just thought she was a bit of a better teacher than Professor Styx could be, they’d just done more in that class this year than they had prior. ”Have you studied for Defence Against the Dark Arts?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back