Claire
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
It was a nice day for it.

On this occasion, 'it' was a game of quidditch up on the hill south of Obsidian Harbour. A few makeshift hoops, much shorter than average, had been erected at either end of the field, and Arvel had brought his own quaffle. There were no bludgers. A real game wasn't very exciting without bludgers, but this wasn't a real game - it was practice. At first, he'd been hesitant to let Sapphire invite Onyx and his husband, but then she had told him Jamie was a professional chaser, and suddenly Arvel found it quite easy to overcome his shyness. Besides, it was kind of them to agree to come. They were all having a nice time, no doubt, but they were still doing him a favour, and he was immensely grateful.

To show his gratitude, he'd prepared a picnic for after the game: sandwiches, sausage rolls, quiche, crisps, fresh fruit, and home-made cookies. Some of the sandwiches had fallen apart in the basket, but considering he usually lived on instant noodles, he'd done a fairly good job. Once everyone had touched down, he spread the blankets on the grass and presented the dishes.

"Just - to say thanks," he explained, nervously brushing away some stray foliage. "You know, for coming. Even if I don't make the team. I mean, I hope I do. But even if I don't. Thanks." From the basket he finally pulled a variety of drinks, both soft and alcoholic, and set them down in the centre. "Dig in, I guess."

Jamie welcomed every and all opportunities to spend time with his husband, and so, if they were to spend time too with Sapphire and Arvel, it helped too that what they were doing was playing quidditch, something that even as a professional player, he welcomed being able to do. He enjoyed it a lot and it was nice to play in an environment which wasn't difficult or stressful. He hadn't realised or listened well when it appeared the reason for this had been because Arvel wanted to make a team, but he felt sure the man would. He was pretty decent at playing. Just needed a little refining and quickening, which would only happen as he played more. Jamie took a drink. "Thanks for inviting us!" he said with a warm tone.

Sapphire couldn't have planned a better day out. She always had fun with Arvel. And being back up in the air was surprisingly nice. It had been ages since she'd been on a broom. She had a blast, even though it was an informal match with just a handful of friends. She was only a month or so pregnant- just barely starting to show. She hadn't told the boys yet, and she was debating the prospect of telling them today. But she didn't want to rain on Arvels' parade, so to speak. So instead, at least for now, she was spread out on the blanket, laying back and enjoying the feeling of the sun on her skin. She smirked a little as Arvel thanked them, and let Jamie respond to it. "Needed the time out," She murmured, stretching. "Twins were driving me nuts." She laughed. Diamond and Jett were her world, of course, but they were still kids and that meant they were still a pain in the neck.

Onyx had been surprised but mildly pleased to be invited out with Arvel again. He didn't have many friends, and he counted Arvel as one of them. Even if they didn't hang out often. He hummed happily as they all settled down, getting himself a drink. "I'm sure you'll make it," He countered, sitting close to Jamie with his legs tucked under him. "You managed to get plenty of goals over on me," He chuckled, before he looked to his husband with a fond smile. "And you," He rolled his eyes playfully. "Can actually play against me, you know. You don't need to just throw the ball to me any time you have it," He stuck his tongue out at the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back