Hi... Again

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa sighed happily. She walked over to one of the benches in the courtyard. She sat down on one of them, humming one of her favorite songs. She felt a slight breeze and stopped humming. She noticed a girl nearby. And that girl was Hiria. She remembered helping her with homework once. They hadn't met up with a while. Figuring it would probably be weird to interrupt a conversation if she was with a friend. But the girl was alone. Vanessa walked over to her. "Hi, Hiria," she said, smiling. "How have you been?"

Hiria was sitting in the courtyard, on one of the stone benches, reading a book. When someone was suddenly near her saying hi, and asking her how she was. Hiria looked up. It was that nice Hufflepuff girl Vanessa, who had helped her with her homework once. Hiria smiled brightly. "Hi Vanessa! I've been good. What about you?" She replied.

Vanessa nodded. "I was reading one of the original ones just a little while ago," she said. "My mom read them when she was a kid, and had no use for them so she gave them to me. Of course, I forgot about them until I was just cleaning out my stuff and I FOUND* them. So I started to read them. But I also read the more recent ones a few years ago. I still remember them well, though."

*Sorry, couldn't resist AVPM joke. Ignore that it's in all capital letters. xD

"Who's your favourite Nancy Drew character? I like George, Bess's cousin."
OOC- I'm talking about the modern series of Nancy Drew, in case you were wondering.

Hiria gasped in her head. She couldn't believe she'd forgotten to tell Vanessa. "I almost forgot to tell you, Vanessa!" Hiria said suddenly.

"Well... it's kind of a long story, but I'll shorten it. It started when me and my friend Lexi were in the third floor corridor, and i felt dizzy and I fainted, so Lexi carried me to the hospital wing, but when the nurse saw me, we guessed it probably wasn't a medical problem. So, I went to see Professor Merrythought- my astronomy teacher." She mentioned quickly since Vanessa wasn't in her year before continuing. "And... " She paused for dramatic effect. "She wasn't completely sure, but she told me that I'm most probably.... a Seer!" She announced excitedly, waiting for her response.

"I know!" Hiria said excitedly, then she added. "And I'm Muggle-Born too! I also never thought I had any special talents or abilities, except when I found out I was a witch."

"Well, do you take Divination?" asked Hiria.

"Well you never know unless you ask. You could try talking to your Divination Professor. You never know, you might be a Seer too!" Hiria said.
OOC- you could send in an application for your character to become a seer.

((I actually plan on having her being a Seer but she won't know until she talks to someone about it... And until I get the application filled out. It might not be accepted, but I hope it will be.))

Vanessa nodded. "Maybe," she said, although she doubted it. "If I was one, that would be awesome." She decided not to get her hopes up. After all, she most likely wasn't.

"It would be!" Hiria agreed. "I mean, being a Seer is cool, but being a Seer with a friend who's one is even better!" she added.

"Tell you what, I'll test you!" Hiria said. "I just KNOW you'll be a Seer. I just KNOW it! Ok. Tell me what I'm thinking." said Hiria.

"Partly, yes." Hiria agreed. "But.... This was a fake test! I'm not sure if Seers can read minds, but they see into the future. And apparently, when you have your first 'vision', it's supposed to be blurry, like mine was. Can you 'see anything'? " Hiria said, then asked.

"What did you see? if you didn't see much, try again." Hiria said encouragingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back