He's Home

"I'm sure he will be no friend to you as long as I am around," Asparuh muttered as he looked toward the man, still laying on the ground. He glanced over at the other family members, before he motioned for Kalif and his wife to come over with his hand. As the next Patriarch and Ranee, they deserve to know where he had vanished to, and perhaps see some changes in him. He would trust his wife to hang on to his horcrux, until Asparuh the fourth is old enough to take good care of it. For now, it would have to be with him until he told his wife and son about this amazing accomplishment he had done. The Patriarch rested his hand on the shoulder of his wife, to lead her away from this ball or whatever his sons were throwing. Let the ball continue. He nodded to the people playing the instruments to continue before he walked away with the wife, his firstborn and the wife of the firstborn into a private room, or otherwise known as the Patriarch’s lair with the official and original family tree that he possessed. He looked over the tree as he stepped from his wife and son. The tips of his fingers traced the line that connected him to Kalif. "I realize that my time away has sent the family into chaos. However I am most displeased by the outcome. Kalif, you and your wife allowed your firstborn son together to have his blood wasted by a half-breed. Surely you are not proud of this outcome." He cast his dark eyes over to them, seeing their expressions. "However it could be worse, obviously. Nataliia married a muggle, and he was dead before I could find him alone to eliminate him. Bound by laws, we have yet another half-breed to protect. This proves to me that this family is not ready for me to leave behind, either by passing my title or death."

He turned to face the three of them before he reached into his robe, and pulled out the skull of a crow that he held upon his neck. "This is my key to immortality. I split my soul and placed the other piece into this necklace, perfectly preserving myself as I am now. I know of the consequences, and know how unstable my soul now is. However, I have eliminated all types of compassion completely, just as I am supposed to be. You three are around me the most, so this is to remain between us. It will change my personality to be somewhat darker and harsher. I will not grant mercy to those that no longer deserve it. The laws are going to be strict, and anyone that cannot follow will be eliminated. You three are no exception; however you three will assist me in finding those that are not upholding our noble family laws." He paused for a moment, and he folded his arms across his chest. He felt like there was something that he should know, looking to the three of them, he stated, "If there is something I need to know about, something I am not already aware of, you need to tell me now. If I find out there was something, and you withheld the information from me, I will not be pleased."

Kalif simply followed when his father beckoned for he and his wife Nicolette to follow him into the Patriarch’s lair. He assumed that the news would not be good, nor would it be bad because the ball was continuing on, only without them. Not that Kalif cared. Upon entering, he narrowed his eyes at his father and noticed something different about him. He seemed darker, and he also seemed to be more aggressive than usual, with striking someone down without so much of a warning. Kalif had once wondered where he got the swift attacks from, and it was apparent. The more the Patriarch spoke, the more he looked to the floor. Asparuh blamed Kaleb marrying that part-veela on them; however there was nothing that could be done. Well, Asparuh could still kill her if he wanted to, but even now, it seemed like he needed a reason. That had not changed, and he brought up that there was that muggle issue, and how the family was not ready to have Asparuh die or give the title over to him. Kalif looked up and nodded once, agreeing with the man. Kalif did not even have time to become Patriarch anyway. He was working at the school. He then seemed somewhat surprised when Asparuh told them that he had made a horcrux. Something that he never studied, and never thought that he would go into it. He knew the danger of that, and his father accomplished such a task. Was it because of Arnost? Something must have triggered it. Kalif yet only nodded and remained silent. He had nothing to say. That is, until Asparuh asked if there was something he should be aware of. "Collineus has not produced an heir to be wed to the younger Asparuh. Should we wait, or look to another possible heir?"

Nicolette didn’t really want to go with Asparuh, Danielle, and Kalif. Mostly because she figured that it meant something serious was going on, or that she was in some kind of trouble. But Kalif would be there so she didn’t worry too much. Nicolette let her eyes wander back to the party for a brief moment before she followed in after everyone else. Once inside, Nicolette stood next to her husband and eyed Asparuh carefully. There was something different about him, but Nicolette honestly had no idea what it could be. All she knew on the situation was that he had been gone for a fairly lengthy amount of time. Where did he go? Nicolette could guess that Danielle was happy that he was home, after all it seemed like she wasn’t the same person while he was gone. When Asparuh brought up something about Kaleb marrying a Part-Veela, she also looked down at the floor. How was it their fault? Kaleb was free to marry whomever he wished, plus it wasn’t like Nicolette wanted to ruin the chance for her son to find true love. Even if it was a Part-Veela, Nicolette would remain silent for the happiness of her son. Unless it was a muggleborn, that much she would not tolerate. Nicolette bowed her head even more when Asparuh mentioned that it was clear that the family wasn’t ready for him to leave again. That much she also knew was true. They weren’t ready because clearly everyone had their own little problems they needed to work with. But they were human. Wasn’t that almost expected? When Asparuh if there was something he needed to know, Nicolette glanced at Danielle. She knew of something, but Danielle made her promise not to tell, and Nicolette was the type of person to keep her promises.​
<i>
</i>

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Danielle stared at Asparuh blankly. If she didn’t know any better she could blame that on jealousy, but Asparuh was generally like that. "I do believe you are right." He was not much more than an ally to begin with, so it wasn’t like not seeing him was going to destroy her. Danielle felt Asparuh rest a hand on her shoulder as he began to lead her away to the Patriarch’s lair. He had plans for them to talk. Danielle really hoped he would explain everything to her, where he had gone, why he felt like he needed to do this, and what was running through his mind when he thought that leaving his family was going to acceptable. Danielle didn’t want to sound needy or anything, but she really missed him. Asparuh had been a part of her life since she was just a kid. Asparuh not being around was frightening to her. It was as if the last bit of her childhood was slipping between her fingertips. Arnost was already gone and that was enough to scare her a little bit since he was just as much a part of her life as Asparuh had been. Danielle would do anything she could to make sure that the both of them were safe from harm. Danielle leaned against a shelf within the room and listened as he lectured the state of his family. Nicolette and Kalif were also being lectured as they let Kaleb marry a half-breed. Danielle could tell by the way they were both silent that they were unhappy about it, but there was nothing that could be done either. Danielle’s soft blue eyes returned their gaze back to Asparuh. It seemed like he had much more to say. Hopefully soon he would let out what he had been up to while he was away.

Danielle was shocked to hear what she had just heard. Her eyes curiously gazed at the necklace around Asparuh’s neck. It was the skull of a crow, and apparently now a Horcrux too. "You created a Horcrux? Was this why you were gone this whole time? You were out trying to figure out a way to obtain immortality?" Danielle question as she approached Asparuh. Not only to get a better look at the Horcrux, but so she could also try to read Asparuh’s expression a lot more clearly. She hoped that this was the reasoning behind it and not because he was upset with her. Danielle wanted to know more and more. But she felt like he would keep from answering them while Kalif and Nicolette were in the room. So it could wait until later on while they were alone. When Asparuh asked if there was anything she needed to tell him, Danielle knew that it was time to spill. It even looked like Nicolette wanted to say something. . "I need to talk with you privately about something. Something you need to know." Danielle wanted to tell him while they were alone because she didn’t want Kalif to get all hyped up about the situation. Not when he had a family of his own to be concerned about as well as a job. It was easy to tell already that something was going to go down when Asparuh was told what Iulian had done.​
<i>
</i>

Asparuh turned his eyes to his son for a moment, when he spoke of how Collineus had yet to produce another heir. His debt has not been repaid yet, and Asparuh was growing impatient. How hard was it to produce a single daughter? Asparuh rolled his eyes and he uttered, "I'll give him some more time. If a daughter is not born by the time the future Patriarch is in school, I'll have to make him pay me in another manner." Was that all that there was needing to be told to him? Surely there was something else. He could almost sense it. His dark eyes went to Nicolette for a moment, and he narrowed them. Nicolette had glanced at Danielle, and he would have used the ability he had learned years ago, but he did not. If there was something that needed to be said, he would have it said. One way or another. Asparuh always got what he wanted in the end. It was how he obtained his status now. He felt like he was immortal now. A piece of him would remain on the earth so long as the necklace was safe. That was the top priority now. Asparuh could easily go forth and cleanse the family, but he figured that everyone was necessary, for now. With divorces going up, it would be hard for anyone to stay married for so long. Perhaps the half-breed would find a way out of their lives, for good. Asparuh just didn't need to be in the same room as someone so filthy. It was inhuman.

"Indeed I was. I have obtained it, not in the same form as I originally hoped, but have regardless." Asparuh was actually prideful about his accomplishment. And while his other son was too young, he would want Danielle to keep it safe. Danielle said that they needed to talk about something privately, and something that he needed to know. He nodded to Nicolette and Kalif, before they got the signal to leave. This would give them some time alone and what was needing to be discussed. She was not pregnant, since the tree did not show that (and it would be impossible since she remained faithful). "We are alone. What happened while I was away that you need to tell me about." It was not even a question, but even his tone got a little colder than before. He was suspicious. And he was not pleased. If something had happened to her, the family should have notified him right away. And, of all people to know, it was Nicolette over his own son? Assuming Kalif did not know since the only thing he brought up was Collineus' lack of spawn. All he knew was that the news would probably not please him. Since they needed to be alone to speak of it. Who did he have to get rid of now? There were plenty of mudbloods out there, but their number was down to a small, the tiniest of handfuls of Death Eaters. Perhaps he, Danielle and Rayna were the only pure-blood ones left. He did not know.

Danielle waited until Kalif and Nicolette left. She would have loved to have them be in the room while she told Asparuh this. But Asparuh was becoming more and more unpredictable, and the last thing she wanted was for Kalif to get upset too. "Nicolette knew about this, because I came to her after the attack. The only reason she said nothing is because I made her swear to me that she would let me tell everyone myself. I think she believed that I would kill her if she didn't." Danielle defended Nicolette in case someone were to discover that and got upset with her. Danielle was a bit harsh on Kalif's wife at times, but that was only because Danielle expected great things from her. Perhaps more than she really was capable of. Danielle paused for a moment, unsure on how to continue with what she needed to tell Asparuh. Choosing the right words was proving to be more difficult than she ever would have imagined. Asparuh had given up his soul for the opportunity to live forever. Danielle didn't agree with his actions, but it was his choice to make and not hers. One thing was for certain now, and that was the fact that he would never love her. Never had, never will. Danielle had come to the conclusion that she cared more about Asparuh then he would ever care about her. With that knowledge, and the fact that her other loved ones would die one day too, Danielle knew she would never want to live forever. Danielle felt the scar over the top of her dress and sighed. Adjusted her clothing so Asparuh could see it too, was the best way she could show him, that it wasn't just a little cut she had been given by that man.

"I was attacked by a man name Iulian Pisces. I don't know why he felt that attacking me was going to fix anything, but it seems like he's trying to get people to join him for something stupid. He claimed that if he had the chance, next time he would make sure that he kills me. I figure I could handle the situation on my own, but as my husband, I feel like you have the right to know. It wasn't here that he attacked me either. So he's not stupid." Danielle explained everything that she could to Asparuh. A part of her was worried that he would still grow angry, even though she was fine and the situation was handled. Danielle wanted to talk more, especially since he seemed to have the keen idea on letting her carry around the Horcrux he created, but she deemed that she didn't have the energy right now. Nor the words that could help her argue on why he felt like this was the only route. Was he scared to die? Danielle definitely thought watching everyone else die as she remained to live was scarier. But she was not Asparuh. Now that he was home though, how would he behave while around her? Would he be meaner? Would he still talk to her, or lay with her? Danielle had a million questions running through her mind, and she was thankful that she had the ability to block him out. He would be disgusted if he could see her thoughts now.

Asparuh watched as the two left, and then Danielle had all of Asparuh's attention. There was something that he needed to know, and he had this feeling that he was not going to be pleased about it at all. Asparuh listened as Danielle spoke, about how Nicolette knew about it, and there was an attack. The fact that she was defending Nicolette was enough to make him narrow his eyes suspiciously. Danielle was going to tell everyone, or was she going to when someone busted her? Asparuh already heard the word 'attack' and that was against the family laws to keep something like that secret. The only one above the laws was him. Asparuh continued to look down at her, and then he watched as she adjusted her clothing so that he could see the scar. From the age of it, it was not too old, but not too fresh either. It definitely happened while he was away. He presumed that Axel and Benjamen did not know about it either, or else they would have done something to inform him. He would have to take care of that. He looked down at the floor for a moment, as he hoped that the attack was by someone that was not an ally. Asparuh looked at her scar once more. It looked like she was attacked severely. It was definitely something he should have known about, journey or not. No one could attack his wife and live to tell the tale. She was a Zhefarovich now. She had to be treated as such, especially since she was married to the Patriarch. He heard that she was attacked by Iulian Pisces. At least he had the full name. It would be easier to find him now.

The Death Eater looked over her scar before his onyx eyes met her icy blue orbs as he said simply, "Unless he looks like he got burned in a house fire, then I would say that you can't handle the situation. I am positive that it will happen again, unless..." Asparuh allowed the briefest of smirks to cross his lips as he mulled it over in his mind. Asparuh then said in a firmer tone, "If anyone gets attacked, the Head or I need to know. It is a Zhefarovich law. Keep that in mind, Danielle. I need something to take my anger out on someone over someone attacking my wife." Asparuh reached around his neck and he unhooked his necklace that held his precious horcrux. Asparuh then hooked the necklace around her neck and he held the horcrux around her. "I might not be able to give my heart to you like several men want to, but you now wield a piece of my soul. Hold it, and when I get back, we have much time to make up for." Asparuh looked upon her, not bothering to attempt his legilimency upon her. Her occlumency was sometimes a pain to deal with. Without waiting, he turned and apparated. He was going to make sure that no other scars appeared on his wife that he did not put there. He did not beat his wife, of course. He was doing what he did to protect her.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back