Help with your son.

Eddie paused. "You sure I wont be harmed in any way other than being glared at?" He really didn't feel like being beaten up or anything for something he did before he changed his look on life.

"I'm positive." Odie smiled. "Plus, the only person older than you in there is Sam and she's pregnant." Odie doubted that Sam would be able to do much when she was pregnant and moarning over her dead husband.

Eddie smiled, and put his arm around her waist. "In we go then. Will they let me explain? You know, that i've changed?" He hoped they would, he also hopeed they would trust her judgement.

"You wont have to explain." Odie said. "The fact that you're with me will be enough for most of them." She put her arm round him the same as he did her then lead him into the house. Most people were staying in their rooms because of what had happened so Odie walked straight up the stairs and into her's and Ana's room where Ana was sat on one of the two beds.

Eddie followed Odie up the stairs, scared in case someone jumped out and pounced on him or something. Thankfully they saw no-one on the way up. As they turned into one room he saw another girl sitting on a bed. He assumed this was the sister that hated him. "Umm, hi?" He gulped.

Ana looked up from her magazine when she saw the door open. She smiled when she saw Odie but the smile soon disappeared and she glared at the guy stood behind her. "Is this him??" She was asking Odie but her eyes were on the guy in the room the whole time. She guessed Odie would know who she meant by him.

Eddie took a breath and, before Odie could answer, he spoke. "Yes, I am the d!ckh£4d father of the boy in her belly. HAte me all you like but, before you rip me to shreds, know I'm here with her and I'm staying with her no matter what. You can yell at me now." He waited in the door way for the verbal lashing he was expecting to come from the girl.

Ana's jaw dropped. "Wow." She wasn't glaring any more but she still had her eyes glued to him. "You sound like my boyfriend. We weren't talking for a month or two and then he started saying he was there for me and now we're dating again. I'm not talking about why though. You get answers when you earn respect." She leant back on her bed and started looking through her magazine again.

Eddie put his hands up, signalling defeat. "I don't want to know, what's your business is your business and what's mine is mine. The only reason we are meeting is a crossover in business with Connor." He didn't realise that no-one other than himself and Odie knew that the boy was now called Connor.

That was when Eddie remembered, he couldn't help but laugh. "Connor Zeke Prinze-Newton is the baby boy that likes kicking Odie from the inside." HE grinned lopsidedly, the name sounded just right to him. He didn't know where the name Connor came form but this felt the perfect way to honour Zeke, in the form of his nephew.

Ana beamed. Beeing careful of Odie's stomach, she threw her arms around her sisters neck and hugged her. "You've finally got a name. That's taken you so long." Then she stepped back and laughed. "Everything that I said and you went for something like Connor. Why didn't I think of that??" She couldn't stop herself from laughing more. She had found it frustrating trying to think of a name for her nephew because her and Riley had named Natalie almost instantly.

Odie was surprised when Ana threw her arms round her. She hugged her back all the same. "I know it's taken me ages. I just couldn't find anything that I thought fitted." Then she laughed along with her little sister. "You were thinking of weird uncommon names like Pharo. You didn't try thinking of any normal, down-to-earth names."

Eddie felt awkward in this situation. "So, um, do you want me to go now?" He wasn't entirely sure if he was welcome or not. Her sister was sending out very mixed messages.

Odie smiled at Eddie when Ana detached her arms from Odie's neck. "You can stay as long as you want to stay. If you wanted to stay over night then Woody's not going to be here tonight so you could use his bed." She shrugged. She was just thinking off the top of her head.

Eddie shook his head. " I have to get home at some point. At this time I don't trust my parents to look after Kris. They aren't handleing well." He ignored that Ana knew nothing of Zeke, he didn't are if she was told or not. His step father, Zeke's dad, was back tracking on his anger management and his mother was doing what she always did, if she pretended it wasn't there then it wouldn't be real.

"You could bring him here if you want." Odie smiled. She knew how hard it could be to feel you had to take care of a younger sibling after something tragic like that happened. After her parents died, she had to look after Ana. It had been hell for her but she couldn't abandon her little sister.

Eddie thought it over. "I suppose he wouldn't mind that, he wants to get out of the house anyway. Would get his mind off of... recent events." He sighed and looked back up at Odie. "Do you have an owl I can use? I have to tell him to get his stuff together before I go and pick him up." He knew Kris would be very eager to get out of the house, some place without his parents and with new people to distract him.

Odie smiled. "Yeah, sure." She went down the stairs to the living room where Beau was sat on top of her cage. She called the owl down so he landed on her hand then he took him back upstairs. She then put the owl on her bed and handed him some parchment with some ink and a quill. "Here. Beau needs some excercise anyway. We haven't written many letters to anyone recently." She shrugged.

Eddie grinned and quickly wrote a note to his little half brother that he knew would get him moving quick.
Kris

Guess what, you're going to be an uncle soon! It's true, I can show you if you want but you have to get over night stuff ready quick before I get home okay?

Eddie.

He knew that would do it, he told the owl his address and let it fly out the window. "I'll go and get him in ten minutes. I have to warn you though, he finds pregnant woman fascinating." It had been funny to watch on of him mums' friends sit there while Kris poked her belly and laughed as the baby inside kicked him. Kris was an odd child but he was only seven, they were meant to be odd at that point apparently.

Odie smiled. "That's fine. I'm used to little kids being over interested it things." She laughed as she saw the face was giving her. After all, it was Ana she was talking about.

((soz lame))

Eddie smiled and looked at his watch, that had to be enough time for a seven year old to fetch his toothbrush, undies and jammies. "Right, I'll be right back. Do you want me to arrive at the door or in here?" He was still worried about the rest of her family, her sister seemed to shocked by his attitude that she didn't mind him any more but he couldn't say the same would happen for the others.

Odie shrugged. "I don't mind. I'll tell Sam that we'll have guests here tonight so she knows and I'll get Dave to sleep with Paul and Jasper so the two of you have a room to yourselves." She smiled.

Eddie grinned be right back then. He gave her a smile and nodded to her sister before popping out of the room. Fifteen minutes later there was another pop and he was back in the room. This time, however, he had a Fimble backpack on and was holding the hand of a small boy. Eddie grinned. "This is Kris." He hadn't told either of the girls exactly how old Kris was, he wondered if they would be fooled by him looking and acting younger than he really was.

Kris didn't like the popping trick his big brother did but he put up with it. It meant getting away from the yelling and meeting new people. They arrived in a room where two ladies were. One had a belly like his mum's friend, the one that kicked him from the inside. "Fank you Ward." He had always called Eddie, Ward, he probably always would.

"Heyo." Kris had started school later than the other children, plus he was usually looked after by the parents that were never there, tis added up to his speech being less developed than it would normally be at his age. Then again, most of him was the way it should be if he was five, not seven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back