Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 ½" Flexible Pine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
</FONT>
\o How's it goin', everyone?​
<i>
</i>

<FONT font="Times New Roman">Tomorrow (20/07/2017) I'm turning 24 years old, and the day after that Tenile is coming with me to get my first tattoo. Y'all will see the pics afterwards, but it got me to thinking- I want tats of important things in my life. I don't have too many of those things that I'd want scribed on me permanently, but HNZ is one of them.

I've not been able to get tattoos until now, so this coming tat will be the first of 5. I know what the first 4 or going to be, but the 5th (and probably last) I'm not sure about. I want HNZ to be involved in it, not just as a concept but also in the planning progress.

Some notes: the tattoos I am getting are plain line only, no shading, and black ink. None of them will be larger than palm sized, so those are the parameters I'm working with.

If you could get a HNZ tattoo, not just a Harry Potter themed one, what would you get? What symbol best sums up this website to you? Eight years of HNZ has left its mark, and I want to carry that mark with me. It doesn't have to necessarily be one image (unless it works), it can be a colab of multiple symbols. I'll take all suggestions on board (pun intended). Let's see what we can come up with!

I still think this makes the best tattoo;
g5008587.gif
:r

I love this! I'll be back if I can think of something good. ^_^

Professor Katherine Alicastell said:
I still think this makes the best tattoo;
g5008587.gif
:r
Pixels and all.
If anybody wants a side project of cleaning that up... a lot... I'd appreciate it and we'd fix it in the avatar galleries. xD
As for the actual answer, I feel like the favicon or a linework version of the crest with "New Zealand" beneath it are the most obvious marks for "this is HNZ" without it being like a random inside joke. :erm:
Unfortunately, we haven't been the best at logo development and branding over the years. xD

HNZ Crest Design Competition for the school and KR's tattoo anyone? :o

A simpler version of the crest might work, but I certainly couldn't design it myself.

HNZ needs a mascot, maybe? xD

What do you think of just the wings of the crest, with the HNZ in the middle?

Well I can't ever pass up a fun Graphics Comp xD But seriously I don't know why I love helping friends with tattoos. Probably because of my own phobia preventing me from getting one myself so I let them ink up for me xD

I did have a few ideas first is this:
tumblr_otcugr691J1vvf3wpo1_540.png
I thought it could easily convert down to palm sized and be recognizable.
Next is a collection of HP symbols in case you're interested. I also added in ACCIO! For the current years you've been on the board, to my guess. I couldn't actually figure out who was your first character to see what year it was when you joined but the numbers can easily be changed or taken out. I also created HNZ out of symbols, which you would be a cool tattoo, other symbols could also be used. So feel free to be inspired!
tumblr_otcws4JAgO1vvf3wpo1_540.png
Errr, I added the pumpkin because of the pumpkin patch xD

And yes the lighting bolt for Z, even though it's a backwards Z xD

Another idea I had but couldn't exactly find images for would be different symbols to represent the event at HNZ, like wheelbarrow race, quidditch, balls, etc.

Omg the HNZ out of the shield, broom, wand etc is brilliant!

Maybe something like this:

o1fd9tz.png

Except, y'know ... well proportioned, not done on crappy MS Paint, not blurred to hell and with the wings at the correct angle.

Jan 2009 was when I joined with my first character, btw, Artemis Blackmoore-Yearling :)

Which wand do you want? I can probably find any of the character's wands to put in there ;) Also I could easily replace any of the N parts with anything. I thought the crooked broom makes a good middle part, but that too could change. So like if you wanted three different wands or a wand and two different brooms, etc. The list could go on I just pulled three different relatively straight things out.

Also I tried to help with the wings, and I looked for inspiration on them but I've literally blanked on wings with a crest and just got lost. Ended up with Phoenix wings (And Snitch for fun xD)
tumblr_otdfzxeTfL1vvf3wpo3_540.png
tumblr_otdfzxeTfL1vvf3wpo4_540.png

tumblr_otdfzxeTfL1vvf3wpo6_540.png

Also went and found official 9 3/4 logo and took off the circle and put the numbers in! I've also tried to get everything the same black color but the H crest and N symbols came from the same image and they just don't want to go that dark black color xD

I don't much care for any particular character's wand, but what I might do is get a silhouette of my actual wand! It has a subtle but unique shape that'd translate really well into a tattoo, and just add another layer of depth to the meaning of it.

That's a great idea, with the snitch wings, but I think the actual Hogwarts crest wings would probably bring it together best. The original designer of the Hogwarts crest cited their source wings so they could be used as a template, instead.

What I'll probably end up doing is taking the ideas I get here and commissioning someone from deviantart or the like to put the pieces together in the most cohesive way possible.

You've given me some great plans, Steph, tyvm!

Hmm...those snitch wings are so cute I might just have to get them done somewhere else :r

Another question is, where would I get it done? xD
The tattoo real estate that is already taken up is: inner left wrist, inner right wrist, between the shoulder blades and left side of shoulder/neck.
I do not want a HNZ tramp stamp D: But it's the most logical place to put it, because of the potential width ...maybe inner arm?

Steph, they're some awesome ideas!

KR, as for placement, I think inner arm could work. An alternative could be along the side of the ribcage, potentially? Not exceedingly easy to show to others, but a palm-sized tattoo could fit there. If a touch smaller, could possibly fit at the nape of the neck, if the other tattoo at the shoulder/neck doesn't cross too close? Width would be a problem there, however. That'd really depend on the finalised size of the tattoo.

Snitch wings could go adorably behind the ears. :r xD

Alessio Lichester-Raven said:
Snitch wings could go adorably behind the ears. :r xD
I'd have to shave my hair, there xD My hair grows close to the back of the ears. Perhaps the shoulderblades? Might be too obvious, like angel wings, but they're fairly small (and completely adorable). I could be a Snidget!

I think I'm leaning towards inner arm, perhaps inner right, because I have the rat pawprints on the left shoulder. Ouch, that one'd hurt, though, inner arm >_< We'll see how we go tomorrow with inner right wrist.

Can you link me the crest design with the wings? Cause, I'm still blanking on the design with wings xD lols

I also like the inner arm idea!

I love the Snitch wings xD Took awhile to find some I thought were the best I had to edit them a bit to get them they way they are on there.

It's gonna be so cool when complete! I'm glad I am somewhat useful for this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back