Hello There

Geoff Randon

OOC First Name
Tim
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Sturdy Yew Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hey everyone, my name's Tim. I had a character long ago on this forum by the name of Adam Bomonti. I've decided to start fresh, as I've not posted in years. Personal issues overcame my free time, thus I had to work on myself. This place was an escape for me-somewhere I could write my thoughts into characters I developed. It will be exciting to start again. If anyone could give me some direction, that would be nice. I've long forgotten where to start, although I'm sure I will figure it out.

A little bit about me:

I am 19 going on 20. I have recently pursued entrepreneurship in the form of I.T. Along side my best friend since birth, we've developed a computer repair business based in our home of Minnesota, USA. It's an exciting path for my career as I get to be my own boss. On top of that, the possibilities are endless. I travel the world in my free time, as geography fancies my interest the most. Studying life in all aspects is my biggest passion. I love to see how things work.

I can't wait to start roleplaying with all of you, and if anyone wants to start out; feel free to PM me. I'm quick to reply and I give forth exceptional content. :)

OOC:

Welcome Tim! I've never had the pleasure of meeting you before but I hope we'll be friends this time. I'm actually newly sorted so I'm not that good at explaining things but you can always shoot me a message if you have some questions and I'll see what I can do.

And I also hope that we can RP together someday! Welcome to HNZ again. :D

Welcome back Tim! I remember your character. :)
I hope you enjoy the site as much or more than you did before. See you around!

Hey Tim!
It's good to see you're back and that everything seems to be going well for you! I look forward to seeing you around the board, and might take you up on that PM :r But perhaps when I'm a little less cloudy-of-mind. xD
Tenilee

Hi Tim! Welcome back to the site ^_^ I hope things have settled down for you and that we see you around the board soon! (Just in time for sorting ;) )

Tim!! Hey man! Welcome back, I also remember Adam, we rped a couple of times I think, don't know if you would remember me though. It's good to see you back. Great hearing that your doing well too!

Back then, I never got the chance to develop my character to the extent that I wanted. My intentions are too develop an in depth back story for Geoff before I start rping. I looked briefly, I'm not sure if I looked in the correct place--but could somebody direct me to the guidelines for character development? I want to be sure not step out of the boundaries set by HNZ.

@Ea - I'm excited to RP with anybody and everybody.
@Cindy- It's actually crazy that you still remember me. I remember you obviously.(Since you were and still are a big part of the community)
@Tenilee- I look forward to that future pm. I can also be the one to take initiative. ;)
@Claire- Thank you so much! :)
@Teigs- Of course I remember you. I never got the chance to rp with many people, but the people I did get to interact with always showed true written passion. I think that's my favorite part about this place. Everyone can vividly depict their thoughts into words. So much respect for the community!

I do feel a little overwhelmed and the board has kind of changed a bit. I guess I don't know where I should start. I know I want Geoff to become a 1st year student. I want him to be my main character here. I also want to develop his character, so I'm unsure if I should be sorted. I know it's currently open, but obviously sorting will end soon. So my dilemma remains, where should someone in my position start? I know I could probably figure all this out on my own, but I also know that receiving direct answers to my questions will help me get started faster.

Tim, I would suggest that sorting your character might help you develop him. I've always found that getting out there and rping is the best way to see how things develop. Of course there is also the option of waiting until the next sorting and developing your character by rping anywhere and everywhere until you do. There's all sorts of ways to do it. Those are just the two more popular options! :D

Well then, I certainly look forward to the PM. :woot:
Okay, so I saw that you already posted in the Unsorted and New Character Development area - and that's certainly the right place to go! People can ask you questions about your character, and that'll certainly get you to developing him (I might even ask a few :r ). With regards to developing background for your character, you should check out these areas. They highlight what needs to be applied for, with regards to blood status and such, and the necessary qualifications a character would need to fall into these categories. Other than that, most things such as some disabilities, fame, etc need to be applied for (applications are currently closed I believe), but if there's anything you wish to include in your character's history, and you're not too sure that you can do it, just send a PM to one of the admins, Cyndi or Donna, and ask. They'll tell you everything you need, and will be able to give you some advice should you need it.
As Teigs stated, I too also suggest attempting to sort as well. There's about another week I think - it ends on the 3rd? before sorting closes, so there's a bit of time to develop. You don't have to sort right away, naturally. You could wait this year out and have your character home schooled for this year, then transfer next year, or just have him at age ten, and rp with characters that are not in the school yet. ^_^ There are quite many - I myself have a couple - and that would certainly give you time to develop your character!

I'd definitely encourage you to sort. You'd be surprised how much you learn about your character by completing the sorting application. :) Sorting typically runs through the first week of lessons (where did you see the 3rd, Tenile? :p ) so you have plenty of time since semester one hasn't even started. :)

If you'd prefer an older character, transfer applications are open as well. If you want an older character than that, professor applications are open and other positions (Ministry/Auror/Scitorari) will open once lessons begin.

I hope that helps.

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
(where did you see the 3rd, Tenile? :p )
:shy: I did put a question mark. :r
I was right about it being some time in September though! :woot: :r

I've decided to go ahead and get my character sorted. I actually cannot wait to start rping again. ^_^

Yay! Welcome back Tim!!

Hello Tim! I'm new here as well. And also from Minnesota! Good to see another Minne-soh-tan on here, dontcha know ;) hahaha. I look forward to RPing Vester with Geoff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back