Hello Stranger

Sexual Orientation
Unsure
As he strolled through the grounds of the castle, with hands in his pockets, Jasper wondered just how long this year could last. Officially, he was over school and wanted to be back home in the comfort of his bedroom and his family. Because right now, those were the people he didn't mind talking to. Everyone at school seemed to be busy with their own lives, not that Jasper minded and of course they all had their own circle of friends and drama that the boy didn't like being a part of. Unless it involved one of his friends - not that he had many if at all. He knew a couple of people in his house, in his year and in the year above but that was about it. It wasn't like he hung out with any of them, they too had plans and most of the time Jasper felt invisible even to them. He sighed, getting bored. He was kind of over studying too, there was only so much reading he could do to fill up his time and to distract himself from how he was really feeling.
<i>
</i>

Cadell's mind was spinning in circles. He previously sat in the library reading a random muggle book he had found just for the fun of it. It was not the most interesting book he had ever read but one question that was in it made him start thinking. Was it the chicken or the egg which came first? The question was so barbaric and stupid but Cadell was extremely eager to know the answer. He knew of course that everyone would have a different view on the subject but, as his mind began to wander on the way back to his common room, he couldn't help but have the urge to ask someone for their opinion. The Ravenclaw found a boy around his age who was walking ahead of him and he jogged slightly to catch up. "Sorry to bother you," he said. "But do you think it was the chicken or the egg that came first?"

Jasper was not expecting to hear a voice and one that was speaking to him no less. He turned his head from where he was - now about to sit on the stands - and didn't say anything at first, considering the boy's question and completely ignoring how random that was. He was used to his family, so he replied anyway without thinking of it for much longer. "No bother at all," he reassured the curly haired boy. "And that is a very good question that has no correct answer in my opinion. But I guess the egg wouldn't exist without the chicken, right? Or...is it that the chicken wouldn't be able to exist without the egg?" Jasper furrowed his eyebrows. "Either way if it has no set answer I don't think either one came first. How come you ask?" He was curious as to why he would approach Jasper of all the people in the school. Maybe he was doing some kind of survey or something.
<i></i>

The boy seemed eager to answer Cadell's question and the teen beamed as he listened to what he had to say. He was right that there was no real answer to the question but the point was that Cadell was eager to make one and he needed to figure out what other people thought before he came to a final conclusion. "But what makes you think that neither of them came first? One of them had to. I mean, how would they be able to exist today if neither one of them came first?" Cadell hoped he wasn't being too demanding with these questions, even if the boy said it wasn't really a bother, but he was not going to give up until there was a valid answer nonetheless. "I... I don't know why I'm asking. I just read about it somewhere. I'm Cadell by the way, Cadell Owens-Lee. What's your name?" he asked, glad to be talking to someone about such an important issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back