OOC First Name
Soho
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Saira was up at the owlery, checking up on Henri. She had sent him early to the castle as to make sure he wasn’t found by her maids, but she had missed him dearly. So, the day after she arrived at hogwarts, she went up to see him. She had a big portion of her galleons on treats, as she didn’t really want to buy anything for herself, and so she was planning on spoiling him a lot more than usual. “Hellow, my little bwaby~! How’ve you been” She asked, in a tone that most people would use on a baby. Henri crooned and leaned his neck forward as if asking for a pet. “Did you mwiss me?” She asked, as she lifted her hand to pet him gently.

Leia knew that her parents didn't much enjoy the letters from owls, they had never gotten used to that aspect of magic and the magic life that she and her siblings had. However, that never stopped Leia from doing it and so she had come to the owlery in the hopes of quickly sending off her freshly written letter about how amazing she was going to do in this semester, just they wait. But she was stopped short as she walked into the room and heard someone speaking to their owl, well, she hoped their owl as if they were a baby, She knew she probably shouldn't say anything, but Leia just couldn't stop herself, "It's not a baby you know, owls are high intelligent creatures," she told her. She was heading towards the school owls, noting as she looked at the girl better than this girl as a slytherin, younger than her, but a slytherin.

Saira turned her head, startled by an older slytherin girl. Luckily her movement didn’t frighten Henri. “Um.. did y- did you hear all of that?” She stuttered, embarrassed and caught off guard. Her cheeks were flushed red, Saira hadn’t ever been caught talking to someone like that. She coughed, “Uhm. Yes, uh Hen- Henri’s not a baby, I just, um” She took a deep breathe and took a minute to arrange her thoughts. “Um.. sorry. I’m not usually like this. You just startled me. What I meant to say was: I just love Henri very much.” She explained. Saira was usually not one to declare her love for something or someone , but it was different when it came to her pets.

Leia nodded at the girl, ”Yeah, this is a public room.” Leia said. It was a room filled with owls where students came to send letters back home. It wasn’t the busiest place in the school but it was still a place where lots of people went. She also didn’t want this girl to accuse her of eavesdropping when she was just coming into the room at the worst possible moment. She looked at the owl, and then rolled her eyes. ”I can tell, given how you spoke to him,” she wasn’t sure she particularly understood, Leia had never been a huge fan of animals, and she could understand speaking to them like that. ”When did you get Henri? When he was an owlet? Is that why you speak to him like that when alone?”

Saira had been alone most of the time she was up in the owlery. Most of the students didn’t opt to spend their free time there, unlike her. “Yes, I know.” She said meekly, just enough to be heard. She blushed, again at the girl’s statement. Saira continued to pet her owl, but her focus was on the girl as she asked some questions. “Um, yes he was still an owlet when I got him last year.” She said, remembering her time at the menagerie, when she had gotten lost and ended up there. “I.. think so. Do you not have a pet?” Saira had heard a lot of muggles speaking that way to their pets, especially dogs, but she wasn’t sure if it was the same for witches and wizards.

Leia was glad that at least even the girl recognised that it was a little odd to be speaking to a pet like that in a room like that. The fact that she’d gotten it at an owlet made some sense to her, she was sure lots of people would refer to their owls as their baby but to speak to it in such a fashion is another thing entirely. She shook her head, ”God no,” she replied with a smile, she might’ve at one point wanted a pet but she didn’t really want one any more, and seeing the mess they made would make her want it even less. The girl just shrugged, ”I’m happy to use a school owl and not speak to it at all,” she said, it didn’t mean that she didn’t tend to have a snack for it but she didn’t speak to it and she’d never speak to an owl, hers or not like this girl had. ”I do imagine that Henri and having Henri is quite useful,”

Saira gave a small strained smile, she had forgotten that some people didn't like animals as much as she did. "Yes, He is quite useful." She said, looking back down at her beloved owl. It was great having Henri with her, she could send letters to people during the breaks when she was at home. She reached for her pocket and took out one of treats from an open bag, and fed it to him. "Henri is more like a friend though." Saira said out of impulse, she was slightly embarrassed to admit it but she had said it anyways. It was true, honestly her owl had been a better companion than people from her old school, or the people at her house. Saira's face hardened over slightly, a bad memory of her past dog being brought to her attention. She pushed the memory away and focused back onto the girl and the conversation.

Leia could imagine that such an owl would be quite useful. She didn’t mind not having on, but she could admit that occasionally it seemed like it could be very useful to have one. There were plenty of school owls, but with just a regular owned owl, she wouldn’t have to wait for specific ones and her parents might not get so freaked out by the varying owls, but they got freaked out by owls to begin with, so she didn’t seem how it would really help much. It might just for a moment slow things down. Make them a little bit easier to manage. But that wasn’t worth having an owl. Owning and having to spend money both on it and to look after it. She looked at the girl, ”Wow, that’s sad,” she couldn’t help but say and though it was in her mind quite sad it perhaps still wasn’t the right thing to say. There must’ve been any number ways o say it that wasn’t like that. But she had said it and now Leia was just going to have to stick by what she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back