Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Tomas 🦁
Wand
11' Mayhaw Wood with Core of Wampus Cat Hair
"Does my eyes deceive me, or do I need some new contacts but is Katy Miller really here?" The sixth year Hufflepuff questioned with the biggest smile on her face. She couldn't believe it if she were not standing there ready to jump on top of the other girl. What put a pause to that thought was a professor lingering nearby and not wanting to send Katy to the hospital wing. "I can't believe you're here! But, how? WHEN!? Okay, okay let me chill for a second, when were you gonna tell me you were coming to this school?" @Katy Miller

Katy paused mid-bite when she heard the voice behind her, grinning and dropping her fork as she flung herself around. "You better believe it, Wendy Bell!" She said, launching herself to her feet and laughing, gripping Wendy in a tight hug. "Pulled a few strings and landed myself on the exchange program. Didn't wanna mention it and jinx anything," She said, pulling back to grin again at Wendy. Even Elliot hadn't known she was on her way to HNZ until everything was well in motion. Part of it was almost in spite, wanting to take all her friends by surprise like so many of them had to her when they decided to skip out on Ilvermorny. With Wendy though, Katy had been convinced it would all fall apart if she told everyone, and then suddenly she was already here without telling anyone, really. "You gotta fill me in on who's who and who's dating who and all the good stuff now that I'm here though." She said earnestly, pulling Wendy to sit down at the table with her.

Wendy laughed, returning the tight hug. There were only a few that knew about Wendy and her life outside of the school. Katy just happened to be the first one in the magic world to know about her famous, soul-singing muggle grandmother. Something that made Katy extra special in her book. It's not easy keeping both worlds separate from each other, this is why Wendy was attending school in New Zealand, rather than going to Ilvermorny in Massachusetts. "You mean the tea? Girl, I have no idea anymore! Elliot probably knows more than me," the Hufflepuff shrugs and laughs. "Wait, exchange student? Does that mean you're going back to Ilvermorny?" Wendy pretends to pout, she wished she can switch school like Katy. She missed the city, she missed New York.

Last edited:
Katy always thought her running into Wendy New York had to have been fate, and now that she was at school now with her, she was sure. Beyond Wendy being the granddaughter of one of Katy's favourite muggle artists, she was also a genuinely cool person to be friends with, and Katy was thrilled now that she could spend a whole year hanging out with her instead of waiting for school breaks. "Psht, Elliot doesn't know how to gossip, he's either not paying enough attention or is too polite to say anything that's actually interesting," She said, waving her hand. It was always like pulling teeth trying to just get Elliot to talk about what he thought about the kids he went to school with, let alone anything else interesting going on. "Yeah, I'm just here for the one year, I think if I tried to spend my last year of school away from home my mom would kill me," Katy joked. "This is just a warm up, once I'm done with school I wanna go everywhere," She said earnestly.

Wendy giggled, turning her head to see if Elliot heard that. The last encountered they had was the time they spent the holidays with Wendy. Other than that, she spotted him here and there occasionally. "Maybe he doesn't, but he does have his friends and Kace," one can always attract attention when the loud, hyper Gryffindor was around. Wendy wonders how Elliot can put up with Kace, they were a different breed that didn't go together. Wendy known Kace much longer and after an hour if he was bored, he was the bane of her existence. "Man, are you serious? I thought I had you for this year and the next. Hmmm," Wendy tapped her chin, wheels was turning in heard. "Well, if you could do that, then maybe I can go to your school and we can graduate together? Like, I swear I need to get back to the states. I miss it, like crazy. You think they'll let me transfer out?" Wendy asked, hopeful.

Katy leant around Wendy when she glanced over at the Hufflepuff table, pulling a face at him when he looked at them both quizzically. "Ohh, I'd nearly forgotten about Kace and his twin drama, did he ever get over that whole 'surprise brother' thing?" Katy would have to ask Elliot. She'd been so caught up with her own exchange stuff she'd completely forgotten about the drama she'd gotten to witness last winter. "See, this is why I need you around," She said, giving Wendy a friendly nudge. It was gratifying when Wendy seemed as bummed about her only being around for a year as Katy felt, though she wasn't expecting Wendy to offer switching to Ilvermorny instead. "Oh man, for real?" She asked, barely containing her excitement at the idea. "That'd be so cool, I swear it wasn't that hard to do, I can help you with the applications and everything. You're super cool so I'd bet you'd get into Thunderbird too," She said in a rush, half scrambling around for a quill already. "I mean, as long as your family and stuff is cool with it?" Katy said, regaining her composure before they got carried away and it turned out Wendy couldn't transfer anyway.

Wendy signals an innocent peace sign over at Elliot before shrugging at Katy's question. "He really had no choice, Baron goes to this school. Funny how that worked out, right?" Wendy gave Katy a look that said she may know more than she was portraying. However, it wasn't Wendy's business to say and though she'd happily accept Kace's silent treatment in a heartbeat, Wendy couldn't do that to the boy. "Yes! I'm not even playing," Wendy laughs, watching Katy become excited over the thought of Wendy transferring to her school for the year. Wendy would be lying if she hadn't ever thought of transferring to school back in the states. It crossed her mind more than a few times, especially when she was left home alone and couldn't visit New York during school vacation. "My parents are rarely around and my nana would like to see me more often. So, why not?"

Katy listened when Wendy explained a bit more what was going with Baron and Kace. "Man, I'm sad I missed all that, that must have been fun," She said, shaking her head. She'd definitely need to pester Elliot for details, or failing that Kace himself. Though Baron might be easier to talk to from what she remembered from last year.

She made an excited squeal when Wendy confirmed she was serious about transferring next year, wrapping the other girl in a hug again. That would make her last year so much more exciting. "Why are you even at school here anyway? Not that I'm complaining right now, but it would have been way cooler to have you at Ilvermorny from day one," She griped, letting Wendy go again. Katy had to admit, the idea of her maybe getting to see a bit more of Wendy's nana was part of the incentive to help her transfer too, but not all of it. It had been great already having Wendy around in class and during meals, and getting a whole other year of it was too good to pass up.

Emerging from the dungeons, Baron was starving and was on his way to the Slytherin table when he caught sight of Wendy. He had met the girl over the break when he was invited to spend it at her place. That was way back when he just recently discovered his other half. As he got closer, his eyes caught another familiar face. He smiled when he clearly saw who it was. Rather who she was. "Katy Miller. I knew that face everywhere.", he called out, a smirk playing on his face, finally stopping at their side. He glanced at Wendy, giving her a friendly smile. "Hiya, Wendy. Looking great as always." Ever since he met his twin, he had tried his very best to tone down his arrogance and actually started to make new friends.

Wendy pretended to lose all feelings of her limbs, wheezing like all the air was being squeezed out of her lungs. "Help, you're killing me! Joking!" A heartbeat later, Wendy laughs and honestly shrugs in response. "I don't know. So, the magical government visited us and they explained everything to my parents. Then they suggested this school or the one in Massachusetts. My parents didn't take their chances, they sent me here because of my grandmother? I guess," it made sense as she grew older. However, Wendy wasn't nearly as recognized as her famous grandmother. Her father was Tracy Bell's son, and that was it. She didn't get why she couldn't have gone to Massachusetts to begin with.

Wendy stops to say more, more like she was interrupted to say more. Kace's twin approach them in his own mannerism. He was nothing like Kace, besides their looks they were two different people. "Hi, Baron. Thanks..."

Last edited:
Katy spun around when someone said her name, surprised to see Baron there, so she had no idea why she should be. "Baron, hey! We were just talking about you in fact," She said, wiggling her eyebrows before returning her attention back to what Wendy had been saying.

It explained a bit when Katy realized that of course Wendy's family wasn't magical. It would have been awesome if Tracy Bell was a witch, but her and Wendy's other family being muggles made sense. "I guess it would be kinda bad for secrecy if you had the paparazzi following you around stuff," Wendy was super chill and friendly and Katy adored being her friend, but she couldn't help but a little starstruck by her sometimes. She couldn't lie to herself and not acknowledge that was also partly what was making her more excited to have Wendy potentially join her at school next year either. "Well you're old enough to be careful now, so they've gotta let you come to Ilvermorny," She said decisively. Katy hadn't exactly had to worry about the MACUSA turning down her own exchange application, but she was sure if they put their heads together she could help Wendy with hers. "What about you, Baron, you just come to New Zealand to find your long lost twin or something boring like that?" She asked cheekily. Baron and Kace's situation was just too cool not to poke a little fun at. Katy felt rather boring in comparison sometimes.

Baron winked at Katy's direction. "Most likely. Gotta see new faces and places.", he replied casually before leaning over to steal a cookie. Munching on it thoughtfully, he added, "I must admit it was cool to see you here, Kate."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back