Head Girl and ex-Trouble maker

Estrella gave her boyfriend a weak smile. As excited as she was at the possibility of spending at least some of her vacation with Jaken, she still was unsure about his family. His father had definitely intimidated her in any case. "Yeah- what does he teach again?" she asked with a smirk, remembering with a pang that she had at first mention been accused of 'seducing' her boyfriend. Not only had that been a ridiculous claim, it had upset her more than a little bit. She hoped that Jaken wouldn't be going his father's way when he got older, especially when it came to looks.

She smirked. "I'd watch out if I were you Mr. Styx- I may not look like much but I'm sure I could win if it came down to fisticuffs." She jabbed her fists at him teasingly, nodding her head. "That may be best. You know how chatty first years are."

Jaken winked at her, "He teaches Herbology. You aren't going to go down to his office for a chat, are you? Not without me, in any case." He had no idea what to expect if they were to chat alone. Jaken noticed that ever since that incident, Kalif had not spoken about her since. It was like he didn't even remember. Jaken felt bad that he couldn't tell her what he was. It would be dangerous to both him and her, along with others that Jaken cared deeply about. Jaken hated covering up for him.

Jaken laughed, "You probably would, since I wouldn't dare attack back." Jaken gently set her down on her feet. "So many first years. I don't remember there being as many last year."

Estrella sniggered. "Don't worry, I wasn't planning on going down that road anytime soon." Jaken's father had creeped her out enough at the Hog's Head- why in the world would she want to speak to him? "Herbology, huh? I wonder why Professor Rambolt quit." She frowned for a moment. A lot of the professors she had come to know over the years had either left their positions or the school entirely. She hoped that none of them would be going anytime soon.

The Ravenclaw girl smirked. "Lies, all lies. You're just saying that because you don't want to admit that you're chicken." She grin, hoping that he knew that she was only playing. She frowned a bit. "I know, it seems I can't go anywhere without nearly tripping over one of them." Snickering, she added quietly, "2010 must have seemed like a good year to breed."

Jaken chuckled, "Not that I blame you. He creeped out half the students he taught the second term of the year last year. From what I heard, he is pretty hated." Jaken shrugged, "He is strict." Jaken wondered why Kalif even taken the post of Herbology. Jaken didn't even know his father even liked plants, knew anything about them, nothing. Jaken found himself pretty clueless, although there was probably more than what the eye could see.

Jaken saw that she was playing, and laughed, "I'm chicken? You are the one messing with someone a bit bigger than yourself. It would be considered unfair if I were to do anything." He smirked, his eyes revealing that he was kidding too. Although, he believed that there was truth to the words he had said. Jaken tried to think of the years his younger siblings were born in. He shrugged, "I guess so. I don't have a brother or sister born in 2010 though." He smiled. He didn't need any more siblings. Three was enough.

Estrella didn't know whether to laugh or be nervous about this. "I'll have him for class next term then," she murmured, her expression flat as she looked back to him. She hoped that she wouldn't be docked points for being Jaken's girlfriend- she needed the NEWT to become a professor. "Strict? Well, I'll just have to behave myself then, won't I?" She could understand why he was detested as a professor- he was definitely a creepy man.

Jabbing her tongue out at him, she crooked up her arms behind her back, clucking softly and moving her elbows as if she were flapping wings. She had always enjoyed taunting people- but only in jest. She cocked her head to the side. "They all younger than you?" She asked. "I only have my little brother." Little did she know that she had run into another sibling over break, and to her knowledge Erik was the only one.

Jaken nodded, "As will I. You know, we can always make him mad while in there." He then remembered asking his dad about the lesson plan. Jaken shook his head, "Wait, we are in for an interesting term." He smirked. "I couldn't help but ask him what we would be doing." Jaken wondered how the new first years would take to liking him. He doubted any would. Perhaps one. The majority would be scared of him.

Jaken laughed at her taunt. Nothing like that, not even being serious, would taunt him. It would just make him laugh. Jaken smiled, "I am the oldest, naturally." Jaken nodded, "Only one? Well, one is enough in my opinion. I have three..." It would have been four if his mother didn't have a miscarriage.

Estrella chuckled nervously. "Why would you want to make him mad? Especially if he's the professor?" she laughed, her voice lilting just a bit. She hoped that Kalif, and Valcan for that matter, now that she thought about it, weren't going to be sticklers concerning Christmas break. She raised an eyebrow. "If it is going to be interesting- I don't want to know. That would just killl the fun." She smirked, not entirely excited at the prospect of attending a class that her boyfriend's father was instructing. It didn't help that he didn't seem to like her either.

Leaning against the stone wall, she took in her surroundings. Although the number of students at the school had increased dramatically, today, there wasn't the usual hustle and bustle. Clicking her fingernails against stone, which was consistently cool, she smiled at her boyfriend. She was glad to be with someone as good as him- even if his family was quite questionable. But who was she to judge? She didn't have the normal mom and pop family herself, and never would.

"I bet your siblings are cute," she laughed, cocking her head to the side. Well, if they don't look like their father, anyways, she thought to herself with a smirk, but she didn't dare utter that out loud. "Erik can be a handful. I've only seen him a few times though."

Jaken frowned her a moment, and shook his head, "I keep forgetting he is the professor. I just cannot process it through my mind enough to where he actually has power in the school..." This was something that worried him a bit. Even if he was what he was. Jaken smiled, agreeing, "Very true. Although this year, I had to help him a bit. Not saying with what though." When it came to herbology, Jaken was a natural at it, despite his lack of caring for it.

Jaken grinned, knowing that Kalif Jr. might end up looking more like his father. Kailie is unknown at the moment, but seems to have carried on a cute version of Namina. Alessine took on more of a Karochen appearance, except for the eyes. Jaken, however, saw that he resembled more like Asparuh and Chavdar more than both his parents. However, Namina's warm aura rubbed off on him, changing some's perspective on how he looked and acted.

"Cute? Kalif Jr. is can be troublesome. Alessine is older and more mature. Kailie is just a sweetie." Jaken missed Kailie a lot. He hand to pack her around everywhere he went. "Most toddlers are, if Erik is that age." He was curious to why she hadn't seen him much. Did Erik reside with his father, or with Estrella and her grandfather? He assumed Estrella's dad.

Estrella brought a hand to her mouth to stifle a loud yawn. She smiled a bit nervously as she listened to Jaken, wondering exactly what was planned for sixth year herbology. She hoped that they wouldn't be dealing with any plant that would want to eat them. And mandrakes were out of the question. She hoped that she never saw a mandrake again. Stepping forward, she linked her arm around his, hoping that he wouldn't mind. "Would you like to go get something to eat? I'm starving," she stated, quite eager to get out of the corridor and sit down someplace. She nodded solemnly as Jaken talked about his siblings. "I bet they're all adorable. Erik is about three and a half now." She kind of regretted that she hadn't gotten to grow up with her brother. Every time she saw him, he had grown quite a few more inches and was capable of a whole new scale of different things.

Jaken felt her link her arm around his, and smiled gently. Jaken thought for a moment, before finally answering, "Sure, I wouldn't mind." Jaken shrugged, thinking of the few pictures he had of him and his siblings. Jaken remembered that they were at his house, and couldn't show them to her just yet. Jaken sighed, "I guess. I bet Erik is just the same, cute and adorable." He missed Kailie sincerely, and remembered that she was turning four this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back