Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken waited for Estrella to formally congratulate her on making Head Girl. He had the journal in his hand, wrapped in a blue ribbon. It was a ravenclaw journal, and knew, or hoped, that she would like it. He wrote her a note in it, which read: "To Estrella, I thought this would be a pleasant gift to you. Maybe you can write about how much you hate my dad. - Jaken" Jaken wore his Slytherin robes, and had his hair rested loosely on his shoulders. The front part still dyed a blood red, and surely she would notice him from way out here.

Jaken felt bad for the way he acted in the book store. He wished that he never did, and blamed himself for such bad behavior. He stared down at the journal. He knew that he would have to suck up to Estrella, to get her to think he still is a good guy. Jaken would never fight Kale, but would if Kale started the fight. Jaken was more gentle now. He didn't have much guilt for what he did back at Durmstrang anymore, about finally apologizing to Katerina. Although he wished that they could have become friends of some sort. However, he waited too late for that.

Estrella was not too entirely happy with Jaken at the moment, having avoided him for the majority of the school year. She knew that by now he probably had thought things over, but she had to make sure that the boy knew his limits. The Ravenclaw girl wasn't a control freak but she needed her freedom, and things were not going to work between her and Jaken if she could not say that. She was going to have male friends and wasn't going to stop talking to them just because her boyfriend was not okay with it.

She had gotten his note to meet him in the first floor corridor, and having a free day she did just that. Her head held high and Head Girl badge gleaming on her chest, she found her way down from Ravenclaw tower. Giving Jaken a weak smile, she intoned, "Hey," upon seeing him, able to pick out that streak of red hair anywhere. She did not move too much closer, however, not entirely sure if she should hug him just yet. She waited to see what he would do patiently.

Jaken laid eyes on his girlfriend, and carefully hid the journal. He would have to wait until they talked things over until she would receive the journal. Well, it was his fault anyway. Jaken failed to smile, but his eyes showed the feeling of forlorn. Jaken finally muttered, "Hey." Jaken wanted to hit himself, and wondered if he could curse himself using his new wand. However, he wasn't sure if that was even possible. His mind jerked back to what should be important, and that was setting priorities first.

Jaken sighed, and spoke in a low tone, "I'm really sorry for my rude and cold behavior in that bookstore." Jaken then said what was exactly on his mind, by accident, "I don't know what came over me. But in any case, you should talk to whoever you please, without my say so. Afterall, I was friends with my ex before I moved here. And you should be friends with Kale." Jaken knew that the three of them would have to get along. But he couldn't help feeling that there is more to that Kale than the matter was letting him on. His pessimistic side thought, What if he still had feelings for her? What then?

Estrella stared back at Jaken, listening to him patiently as he made his apology. "It's okay," she murmured quietly, "I just want you to understand that I'm not going to stop being friends with guys. That doesn't make me like you any less." Giving him a weak smile she stood back, wondering if he was going to say anything more. With a sigh, she started, "Truthfully, I was an absolute b1tch to my ex when he got a new girlfriend. We've finally started to be friends again, and I don't want to be on any unfriendly terms." She could understand how Jaken could be jealous, but she wanted the least tension in their relationship as possible.

Jaken finally smiled. After she finished, he replied sincerely, "I completely understand. I shouldn't be getting in the way of friendship, especially after he returned and all." Jaken wanted to get off the subject as quick as possible. It didn't feel awkward to talk about but it just felt a bit strange. Jaken changed the subject, "Maybe now would be a good time to tell me a little of your summer. And I am proud of you making Head Girl." He made sure the journal was still hidden behind his back as he leaned against the stone wall. Anyone who knew him could tell he was in a good mood now. His eyes were a shade a silver, without a hint of blackness.

Estrella gave Jaken a warm grin, glad that he was able to be understanding. Deciding not to comment anymore on the issue, she moved gladly to his change of subject. "My summer?" she asked, a bit quietly. "Well, Lily came to the Herrogard with me- and my grandfather let us go to the states for a few weeks. I spent some time with my family." Biting her lip, she added, "And I saw my father too." She still wasn't entirely sure what he had been doing in a muggle house in Wisconsin, being a wizard and all, but she was determined to find out.

Laughing, she murmured, "I'm surprised that everyone knows about that already. Thanks." She gave him a swift hug, pulling back with a grin.

Jaken listened to her as she described her summer. He grinned a bit, "I could have sworn your grandfather was strict on you. I think you mentioned this during our first meeting." Jaken added, "I'm glad you got to see your father." He didn't know much about Estrella's dad, since she didn't mention him much at all. Jaken caught himself from asking for more details. Jaken decided that if she wanted to tell him, then she would.

Jaken gave a look to the Head Girl badge on her and smirked slightly, "Everyone must know if you wear it all the time." As Jaken felt her hug him, he was caught off guard, and nearly dropped her gift. He didn't have enough time to hug her back. Jaken sighed, and stated, "Well, I cannot exactly hug you as of right now. I have something for you." With that, he revealed what was behind him. Jaken held it out to her. He muttered truthfully, "I am never good at picking out female gifts."

Estrella smiled meekly. "Well, I had Lily to help me persuade him- and it would not have been fair of him to say no. But," she laughed, "He indeed can be strict when he wants to be. We just caught him on a good day I guess." With a shrug, she added, "Me too. He was the last person I expected to meet over break, to tell you the truth." She noted that Jaken didn't comment after that. Seeing that it would be in the best interest of both parties not to talk about it any more, she moved on.

The Ravenclaw girl laughed. "Of course, but when do you ever see me flaunting it around the school? I've got so few classes this semester I have nothing to do!" She was quite glad that she had managed to grab some books from Flourish and Blotts to help her pass the time. Raising an eyebrow, she asked, "Oh really? What might this be?"

She grinned as Jaken handed her a journal. She already had one, if not a Ravenclaw one, but she was not about to tell him that. It was a nice gesture. "Thanks!" she exclaimed. "I like to write, so this is perfect-" She found herself flipping through the crisp new pages, a note falling out. She snorted as she read it. "It's a great gift. And I sure will." She stood on her tiptoes and gave him a peck on the cheek, pulling back and beaming.

Jaken laughed slightly, "Ah, so Lily was the one who got him to tip a bit. And lucky that he was on a good day." He wondered if his father would ever be like that. Then again, Kalif never had a good day. There was always bad days, and worst days. Jaken nodded, "Well, fate meant for you two to meet, I suppose. And it was good, I assume." Jaken flashed her a smile, something he knew that she had seen over the time they had known each other.

Jaken teased, "I bet you do." He smirked slightly, "I half expected Bruin to be Head Girl, after that event in the lawn." He laughed, remembering it fully. The kiss was priceless too.

Jaken beamed as his girlfriend said that it was a great gift. Jaken shrugged happily, "Well, I was hoping you would like it. The girl, Kat, told me you would. I think that was her name." Jaken blushed slightly when she kissed him on the cheek. Jaken stepped back from the wall, and gave her the hug he was wanting to. He pulled away and whispered, "Now that I am not hiding the journal, I got to hug you properly."

Estrella grinned back at her boyfriend, nodding. "Everything turned out alright I guess." She was still faced with the weight of not telling her grandfather anything about the unexpected reunion, although she wouldn't have to deal with that for half a year. She would worry about it then. The sixteen year old had more things to be occupied with this semester than familial problems, Head Girl being one of them.

She could only smirk at the mention of Bruin's kissing booth on the lawn. She still had to give him some real grief about that, she remembered. She had heard that he had given Professor King a kiss too, wishing that she had been there to see it. Setting the journal Jaken had gotten her by her feet she cinched him tightly about the waist, saying, "It's a sweet gift. And Kat knows her stuff!" She leaned her head on his chest, sighing quietly. Her first class was tomorrow, and she was bracing herself for them. She expected NEWT classes to be incredibly intense. Even if they weren't, she was better safe than sorry. Looking up to her boyfriend and playing with his hair, she asked, "So, what classes were you taking again? I only have Charms and History of Magic this term."

Jaken had his arms resting around her waist. He was glad that the whole awkward event of the bookstore was put behind them. Jaken chuckled, "I'm glad that she helped me out then. Do you two know each other well?" He laughed, "And her comment was pretty funny about the Durmstrang boys, um, Nic and Dom." He remembered it clearly. Jaken let Estrella play with his hair. It's not like he minded it. After her question, Jaken had to think for a moment, "Um, Divination, Transfiguration, History of Magic, and Charms. I wish I had your schedule." Jaken gave a smirk to his girlfriend. "But I guess you need the extra time though." He touched the Head Girl badge.

He muttered, "Imagine that, the Head Girl with the Trouble-maker."

Estrella stood in Jaken's arms, not finding it necessary to pull away just yet. "Kat? Yeah, I know her pretty well. I'm glad she stood up to those boys. I've heard they're real nasty." She laughed, and added, "Although, you're the one who went to school with them. That reminds me.... I have to send a letter back to Katerina soon..."

She smirked as he tapped her badge. "Well, you better watch out, Trouble maker. You wouldn't want to be on my bad side." She actually wasn't sure how she was going to handle her position as Head Girl, but she was sure that something was bound to happen.

Jaken nodded, "They are. I have always hated them with a passion and then some more." He heard the last part and laughed, "Yeah, I heard about KAt's revenge. That was just funny. I know I went to school with them, but I am nothing like them." He remembered Katerina, and Jaken smiled, "Katerina... Well, we made amends with each other. All that guilt is gone." He had a proud look on his face.

Jaken gave her a challenging look, "Oh, wouldn't I? Just to see what it would be like?" He chuckled and said honestly, "Well, I really wouldn't actually. You might be terrifying."

Estrella smiled broadly at her boyfriend, glad that she had not gotten to know these Nic and Dom blokes at all. She didn't think she had even said a word to either of them. "And I was always under the impression that you were the bad boy," she snickered, her eyes flickering in amusement. Poking him in the side, she stated, "Good thing you have made amends- she's one of my good friends." The Ravenclaw girl was sad that she had not gotten to see Katerina since she left for Durmstrang. Hopefully, they could arrange something over one of the breaks.

Raising an eyebrow, she nodded her head, jeering, "Of course I would. More terrifying than a simple troublemaker ever could be." Her expression painted with jest, she added, "I'm sure you wouldn't want to find out. It might be the end of you." She of course was joking, as she was pretty sure she wouldn't be the end of anyone. Underneath the position that she wielded she was rather cowardly, even if she did not show it.

Jaken poked her in the side gently, and smirked. Of course, over the transformation of last year, no one expected him to be the bad boy. Jaken chuckled, "I was the different kind of bad. Their bad and my bad, er back then, never got along." Jaken remembered their discussion, and they had promised to be civil to each other if they were to see each other again. Jaken smiled, "She is a sweet girl, but bottles her emotions too much. Shame I never really took the time to get to know her."

Jaken back away from Estrella, as if saying that he was afraid of her. He laughed, teasing, "Please, do me the honor of sparing me." Jaken smirked wickedly, challenging his girlfriend, "Even though in size, I could easily overpower you." Jaken had put at least five feet of space between them, and grew curious to what her actions would prove next.

Estrella sniggered a bit. "Wait a minute- there are different types of bad?" Smirking, she jabbed him in the ribs, replying, "Wow, I'm a bit slow on the uptake then. I thought bad was just bad." She frowned a bit as he talked about Katerina. "I wish I could see her again-" she muttered, her voice trailing.

She raised an eyebrow as her boyfriend challenged her. "Oh really?" she taunted slyly, following him and closing the distance between them. "You wouldn't be saying that if you saw my father." With a smirk she stepped up, and flicked him on the tip of his nose, giggling as she stepped back and hopefully out of his reach.

Jaken informed, "Oh no, my dear. Bad is bad, but there are different forms of it. I should inform you one day." He glanced down, when she frowned. She really missed the girl. Jaken almost felt bad for mentioning her. He sighed, and thought of their lakefront conversation.

Jaken didn't step back as she approached him. He smirked, finding her taunting a bit cute. She mentioned her father, and he stood dumbfounded when she flicked him on the nose. Jaken laughed, approaching her, "Well, I wouldn't mind actually seeing your father. And well, you have already seen mine, so that ends my comeback, unless I say you haven't seen my grandfather." Jaken closed the distance between them, and he was clearly in her reach.

Estrella snorted. "Well, you better watch out there mister. I've got an eye out for Durmstrang boys now." Of course she was kidding, but she had to make some fun. She frowned a bit. Sure, she had made her peace with him but she wasn't sure she was ready to have him running into her boyfriends anytime soon. "Not so sure you would. Well- you would have to look up." She didn't mean that lightly either. She backed up a few more steps, snickering as she wondered if he was going to do anything. The Ravenclaw girl was solemnly reminded that he was bigger than her, and she had just flicked him on the nose.

Jaken narrowed his eyes in amusement. "I will make sure I cover my trails." He smirked. He knew that his girlfriend was kidding, and assumed that this was fun for her. Jaken then thought to himself that he might not want to meet Estrella's dad if he was bigger than him. Jaken heard what she said, and inquired, "Is he part giant? And surely he isn't that tall." Jaken had a wicked smile on his face. He approached her more, and then he snatched her from the floor, and found himself carrying her. "Hm, you are a light weight." Jaken wondered what she would do. He was strong enough to hold her for at least fifteen minutes.

Estrella gave her boyfriend a rather amused smirk. "If you ever see my grandfather- you'll know I'm not lying. And part giant? Who knows?" With a grin, she asked, "What are you doing over Christmas anyway?" She hoped that this time around she would be able to spend time with Jaken. She squealed as he picked her up, something that she definitely was not expecting, squirming as she snorted, "Light weight?" The Ravenclaw girl made a weak attempt at a struggle, but didn't really want to hurt him. She had no doubt that he was stronger than her, but she wasn't about to admit it.

Jaken tried to picture a giant, then someone who was part. He wondered if he would be terrified of Estrella's father and grandfather. "Hm, if I do see them, then maybe I ought to hide behind you," he teased. Jaken thought for a moment, and never really gave a thought about his christmas break, "I think I am just staying home. Why do you ask?" Jaken noticed that she tried to struggle, but failed. He laughed, "Mhm, light weight. I could pack you around school all day." Jaken felt glad that he had put his muscles to good use. He finally used them to surprise his girlfriend.

Estrella snorted, unable to cross her arms as Jaken held her up. Her feet were a good few inches off the ground, and she had long since figured he would get tired soon enough. "I dunno, I'm probably too much of a light weight to be any sort of shield," she jeered, flicking his nose again. She shrugged a bit, and with a grin, she replied, "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out some time over break. Seeing as it gets dreadfully boring with the family and all." After her summer she did not want to be packed off to the Herrogard again, and hopefully with Sarah behind him he would consent to give her at least a few days to do what she wanted. An eyebrow raised, she added challengingly, "I don't think so. You've only got a few minutes and you're probably going to drop me."

Jaken agreed, smirking, "Very true, Ms. Drage." After she flicked him on the nose, again, he curled his other arm under her legs, carrying her bridal style. It felt more comfortable for him. Jaken thought for a moment, trying to see how his father would answer to that. Jaken answered honestly, "It is never boring with my family. However, I would be to hang out sometime. That is, if my dad lets me." Jaken shook his head, refusing to let his girlfriend win. Right now, his arms still had feeling to them. "Don't tempt me to throw you over my shoulder, miss. And besides, I wouldn't dare drop you."

Estrella's expression turned into one of shock as Jaken flipped her in his arms, despite her attempts to break his grasp. With a snicker at how nonchalantly the conversation was carried on, she replied with a bit of effort, "Great, we'll have to work something out-" She tried to squirm away, but decided against kicking. She didn't want to hurt him after all. The Ravenclaw girl rolled her eyes as the Slytherin boy threatened to throw her over his shoulder. "Well, do that and I just may have to tell my grandfather on you then," she retorted, jabbing her tongue out at him. While she was enjoying the time spent with her boyfriend she also hoped that no one saw her- it would be rather silly for others to see her in such a manner, considering she was head girl and all.

"I'll talk to my dad about it as soon as I see him. And even have a reason to go see him so soon." He winked at her. Her attempts to break free were weak, however, he assumed that she could be stronger. Jaken laughed in his mind at the thought of Estrella hurting him, though it probably was possible. Jaken narrowed his eyes, and challenged, "Like it would matter! I still would have had the pleasure to carry you around first." He smirked playfully. He glanced down and then into her eyes, "Want me to put you down? It would be pretty dreadful for others to see the all mighty Head Girl being carried about by a guy like me." Jaken waited for her answer, though it would be a yes, he figured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back