having a chat.

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Stephanie walked down to the lawn, she was bored, but quite cheerful.
She sat down on the lawn, took out her book and waited for Harri to show up.

Harri skipped happily down to the lawn, she was looking forward to seeing Steph. Afterall the last time Steph and Harri had had a proper chat Harri had been an emotional wreck, but now she was positivly beaming, she creeped up behind her friend "Guess who?" she said making her voice go deep but then laughing.

Steph threw her book down and turned to Harri, 'Hey, your happy!' She beamed. Steph was so happy everyone was cheering up.

Harri grinned and slumped down beside her "Yes I am!" she said beaming "And you don't seem to bad yourself!" she said smiling at her "You feeling better?" she asked.

Stephanie smiled, 'Yeah i am, ive still got things on my mind, but hey they dont matter. So why so happy?' she asked. Trying not to sound to nosy,

Harri shrugged "Snap," she said "Well theres not really a reason, I just started thinking whats the point wasting time moping? Whats done is done, doesn't mean I'm happy about it. Like I'm still a bit confused about everything, but theres no point dwelling eh?" she said sounding cheerful at the end but not the beginning. She was up and down like a yo-yo and she knew that might be quite unsettling for others but it was just the way she was. "So how are things going in the land of Steph?" she asked,

'um, normal i guess, this place is a little stressful.' Steph laughed, she hadnt completed any homework she had been set this week, she had too much to think about. 'But im happy. How'about you?' She asked.

"Yeah I know what you mean!" Harri said nodding "I feel so behind, the classes are getting harder and harder. And the homework...Don't even get me started!" she sighed lazing back on the grass. "But every thing else is fab! I'm so excited about the triwizard tournament aren't you?" she said excitedly.

'Yeah! Al told me about the TWT. I wanna enter when im older. It would be so amazing!' Steph said, 'Im so happy im here y'no. Ive got what i want here, its perfect! Well apart from the worry about Rose.'
Steph smiled, she had learnt not to think about that now. She knew somewhere inside her everything was going to be fine.

Harri smiled "I know it's seems fantastic! And our champion is of course a Gryffindor," she said happily, "I would like to enter but it seems so dangerous," she said. "Yeah how is Rose?" she asked against her better judgment, although she was Stephs bestfriend the whole situation bought back bad memories, memories she had no wish to relive but she had to be brave, afterall this wasn't about her, it was about Steph.

'Um she's, um, not doing well, she's refusing to eat. The doctors have put a tube in her stomach, to try and y'no..' Steph stopped and looked out towards the castle.

Harri put her arm around Steph, she knew how hard it was to talk about these things "I'm sorry Steph," she said softly "I'm sure she'll start eating soon," she added.

Steph smiled weakly, she was so glad she had such good friends here, 'Yeah she will. I hope so anyway.' She said. 'So you never got round to telling me about your boyfriend?'
Steph pulled herself together, she hated being upset.

Harri nodded "You could maybe visit her in the holidays, I'm sure that would cheer her up," she said, then thought maybe that wasn't such a good idea, maybe Steph didn't want to see her best friend in hospital, "Didn't I?" she said smiling "Well he's one of my best friends cousin and basically we just get on so well, and its just well," she paused trying to think of the right word, "Magic!" she said her eyes glinting as she smiled at the irony of the word. "Hows you and James going?" she asked, enjoying the light mood.

Stephanie beamed at Harri, she wasnt going to say too much. 'We went on a date and um..' She stopped and laughed.

Harri looked at Steph in a way a big sister would look at her little sister, "And..." she said nudging Steph she thought she knew exactly what Steph was hiding.

Steph smiled, 'And.. I really like him Harri! And he must like me, because we .. well we .. y'no.' Steph giggled. She knew how lame it sounded, but Steph couldnt get it into her head it actually happened. She smiled and looked at Harri, hoping she would understand.

Harri grinned at her "no I don't know..." she said innocently the laughed "Only kidding, thats great Steph!" she said happily "I'm so pleased for you!" she said, thinking this definatly the time for a girly hug she hugged her friend "I knew he liked you from the beginning, see I told you!" she said laughing.

Stephanie laughed and hugged her back. 'I never thought id be so happy! Even though we're not like officially boyfriend and girlfriend, it just feels so right! Im so happy!' This was true, she had never felt so happy.

"What do you mean it's not official?" Harri asked, slightly confused, "I'm happy he makes you happy!" she said laughing, it was true she was pleased that Steph had someone to make her so happy, espcially with what she was going through with Rose.

'Well, we havnt said, 'i want to be your boyfriend/girlfriend.' We just spend all our time together, fall asleep in each others arms, have a great time with each other, and of course kiss.' Stephanie laughed, 'I might ask him, but i dont want to ruin it.'

Harri nodded "Sounds pretty official to me," she said smiling, she couldn't help but miss doing all those things with Kevin while they were at school, "I doubt you'd ruin it but you need to clarify don't you? It's obvious you both want the same thing!" she said.

Steph smiled, 'I guess i should say something. This all seems to perfect y'no. I feel like somethings going to go wrong.' She admitted.

Harri shook her head "Why would it go wrong?" she said "Your obviously right for each other!" she said "I mean you'll know when its right, does it feel right?" she asked, aware that she had used the word 'right' alot in that sentence.

'It does feel right, but everything always goes wrong. Always.' Steph said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back