Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curved 8 1/2 Inch Swishy Applewood Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
"Chrys, I swear to god, I am not too tired to kick your ass."

Honestly, Elsie just wanted one day to herself where she could go about her day and not have to worry about Chrysander Kaster interrupting her for the nth time. As Rowan dragged him away, probably to perform said aforementioned ass kicking, Elsie sighed and slumped onto the free space in the mostly empty student longe. Why she had to be the one at the suffering hands of that bloody Hufflepuff she would never know. She wished she had more ability to tell him to go away, but she was too nice and honestly, she didn't hate Chrys. He was just a lot to deal with when she was feeling so low. Not mentally, she was fine mentally, but she was physically exhausted and it was only still early in the semester. She wasn't sure how she was supposed to pull herself out of it. She knew Rowan wouldn't be back soon, if at all and so she curled up on the lounge and pulled out her Ancient Runes textbook, mostly out of desperation to wrap her head around that weird class.​

Onyx was trying to find Chrys. Sapphire had just cut his hair drastically shorter than it had been and he was eager to find Chrys and show him. He popped in the student lounge, hoping to see the Hufflepuff, but was disappointed to find there was only a girl there. He sighed and started to turn away, pouting, when he stopped. Wait, Chrys had pointed out the girl before as one of his best friends. He smiled brightly and turned back around to approach her. "Hi! Sorry to interrupt, I'm Onyx! You're Chrys's best friend, arent you? I was hoping to find him," he folded his hands behind his back, smiling brightly down at the girl.

Last edited:
It seemed that being interrupted was just her superpower. Elsie took in a breath and sighed as she turned to see who had been talking to her. Onyx? Chrys' Onyx? F*cking hell. "That's what he calls me, yeah," she said, in answer to his question. She wasn't sure why the Hufflepuff seemed to think they were best friends, Elsie had a best friend, but that didn't really stop Chrys from regaling them with tales of his relationships. The latest was Onyx, who had actually lasted a lot longer than Elsie thought it would. Chrys usually didn't pay that much attention to people enough to date them, so she was more than a little surprised. "Rowan's kicking his ass." She answered him, shrugging.​

Onyx paused as the girl, Elsie? gave him a lackluster response as to who she was. "I... what?" He furrowed his brow, very confused. "You aren't his best friend?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. His eyes widened as she answered the other half of his question. He straightened, looking behind him like he could somehow get in the middle. "What? Why?" He faltered between staying and running off to save his boyfriend. Was this like when Sapphire was kicking his ass? "Is everything okay? What happened?"

Elsie shrugged. Onyx seemed nice, but she suspected he was a lot like Chrys and she just didn't have the energy to deal with another Chrys right now. "Depends what you mean when you ask. Chrys says I am, I say I'm not. We've agreed to disagree." She told him, dropping her textbook into her lap, finally giving up on trying to read it. She wasn't going to be able to process it at the moment anyway. "Don't worry about it, she kicks his ass all the time, he never learns, but one day, maybe." She yawned slightly, shaking her head to clear it. "Chrys is a pest, sometimes he needs to be brought down a peg or two. Rowan reminds him of that." It probably made it sound like they bullied him, maybe they did a little bit, but what were they supposed to do, the damn Hufflepuff had no boundaries and wouldn't leave them alone for five minutes.​

Onyx hesitated, but moved to sit on the couch a little further from her. "What... what do you mean he doesn't learn? Is he okay?" He bit his lip, looking back over his shoulder. "I... he talks about you two, I thought you were friends." He ran his hand through his hair, mildly surprised when his hair ran out sooner than he expected. Right, right, he'd cut it. He fidgeted nervously on the couch. "You like ancient runes?" He asked randomly, spotting her book then wincing at his awkwardness. He couldn't help it, he was just worried about what knocking Chrys down a few pegs meant.

Elsie didn’t meant to be mean to Onyx and... well, she wasn’t being mean to him really, more causing him undue stress. But that was on him. “He’s fiiiiine. She doesn’t hit him that hard and he wears a pillow. He won’t even bruise, might be a bit pouty but.” She said, yawning. This was his boyfriend, how did he not already know this? She knew enough about him to have drawn a fairly convincing picture. “We are friends, I didn’t say we’re not. He thinks we’re best friends, which pisses Rowan off because she recently lost hers and I don’t want a best friend because it’s too much work.” She looked down at her text book as he commented on it. “Yeah, well, decently. My brother got me into it mostly.”

Onyx fidgeted in his seat. Maybe there really was a lot he didn't know about Chrys. The thought made him a little sad, he wanted to know everything. Chrys fascinated him. It was interesting to hear Elsie describe him. So... they didn't think they were as close as Chrys thought they were. That was... odd, but not crazy. He'd had that a lot in his own life. Except for Chrys, he was the one person that Onyx was sure cared just as much about him as he did about them. He would wait for Rowan to finish before going to look for Chrys. If he was pouting maybe he wanted to cuddle! He bit his lip as Elsie talked about her interest coming from her brother. "That's... Zennon, isn't it? He's in my class. I think he's friends with my sister."

Elsie nodded at Onyx, curious as to why he was still here talking to her. It wasn't like she'd exactly been friendly to him. "Mh, yeah, Sapphire. She's pretty cool. I like her. She leaves me alone whenever Zennon drags her about to come find me." He dragged a lot of people about to come find her, but Sapphire or Sam were the most common. Elsie like Sam too, she was pretty. Too good for her brother. "You guys are super busy these days, huh, with NEWTs next year and all. Do you study a lot?" She knew she did, way more than she'd ever had to before.​

Onyx grinned, bringing a pillow to his chest and hugging it. "Yeah, she's pretty cool." He smiled brightly. It quickly turned to a pout as she asked about studies. "The girls are more concerned than I am," He replied flippantly. "I'm just going to travel around and live off of my music so I'm not too concerned about my school work," He admitted with a grin. "What about you? All caught up in studies?"

Elsie watched him hug a pillow, and smiled slightly as the move reminded her a lot of Chrys. Then she frowned because she remembered she didn't like Chrys. The conversation steered more towards studies again and Elsie yawned. "Yeah, I've got way more to do, plus all my dance stuff. Sometimes it feels like it's all for nothing, like, what am I going to have achieved by the end of this?" She shook her head. She always just felt so empty when she thought about her future. It was why she hated Divination. "I just don't know I guess, everyone has their life figured out and then theres just me like, hey, don't forget about me! I feel like Kevin McCallister at Christmas."

Onyx blinked as Elsie doubted herself. "Well," He said slowly, "If you're so stressed about it, maybe take a step back and see what makes you happy? If it doesn't make you happy, then maybe you should find something that does," He suggested softly. He giggled a little at her reference. "I can understand that feeling," He told her. "Before I found my sister, I was homeschooled and traveled with my uncle James around the world. It could be pretty cool, but I spent a lot of time alone growing up. My cousins all had lives of their own and my uncle had to work." He fiddled with the tassles on his pillow. "Sometimes things can surprise you. Right when I thought I would be by myself forever I found Sapphire, and then when I was used to being her shadow, Chrys saw me," He blushed, trying not to smile too sappily. "If you don't like the things in your life, maybe there could be people to make it better," He bit his lip, hugging his pillow tighter. "Sorry, I kinda went on a bit there," He joked lightly, laughing at himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back