tig
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Whippy Oak Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Elara!”
Yuki called to her friend. After she’d met her at the tour, she’d taken an instant liking to her and was glad to know that she seemed to be just as full of energy as Yuki was. Yuki would have found it hard to be friends with no energetic people, she had too much energy, although her mother did say she had energy to spare so perhaps she could have shared her energy like that and not worried about it too much. “Did you know that there are apparently like a billion passages between the walls and stuff so you can get to places easier!” she asked, looking around the old bathroom. It was disused which didn’t make much sense especially since there was always a line up to use the bathrooms so wouldn’t it have made sense to use all of them?​
Do you think we’ll find anything in here? maybe a short cut to potions for you and astronomy for me?!” She wondered aloud because that would be so cool! she was going to hate having to go up all those stairs all the time and she was sure Elara wouldn’t want to go down all the stairs to potions all the time, right? “What’s your common room like? mine is very stony and i swear i can smell something in there. I’m pretty sure it’s also really cold but i’m not too worried about that because i live in Japan and it’s always cold at night there.” She told her friend, frowning slightly. “My mum was a Gryffindor like you!”

Elara had ran into a few ghosts before coming to Hogwarts, but she was amazed by how many floated throughout the castle. Someone had mentioned that there were certain beings who liked to haunt the antiquated lavatory, and the Gryffindor had decided to venture into the unknown and potentially make a new friend. She wasn't sure how many ghosts actually wanted friends, but it was worth a shot. She had only been in the bathroom for a few minutes when she heard someone shout her name. Turning around, Elara saw it was Yuki and gave her a big smile. The Slytherin immeadiately started talking about secret passages in the wall, and Elara gave a gasp. "I wonder how we can find them!" she asked excitedly. "We could try knocking on the walls and see if we hear anything hollow. Or maybe bricks that move. Things like that?" she suggested.

The girl quickly moved onto the topic of their common rooms and learned that Yuki lived in Japan. "Ooh, what made you come all the way to New Zealand for school, then?" she asked. "And that doesn't sound very comforting about your common room. Ours is pretty comfy all things considered." She enjoyed the chairs but not the hike to almost the top of the castle.

“I don’t know but there’s gotta be at least one in here, right?!” Yuki asked her friend excitedly, though she wasn’t really asking for her opinion. She might have only just met the girl not long ago but she could tell that they were definitely going to be best friends. How could they not be? Yuki was super cool and funny and Elara was super cool and funny - and she’d spoken to her at the tours so that meant she had really good sense and taste - clearly a great option for the status of best friend. Yuki had yet to decide if Elara fit the bill completely - but time and more hang outs would absolutely let her know for sure. This was such a great start to what she was sure was going to be an amazing friendship.​
“All excellent options Elara, what a great brain.” She said, saluting Elara as she moved past her to look at the wall opposite to them really, really closely. “Maybe it’ll look different or something?” She suggested hopefully - it would be hard to find an odd brick out if it all looked the same and what if there was a password? How were they going to find out the password? Would they have to guess or would it be obvious?​
“Open sesame!” She tried, but wasn’t really surprised when nothing happened. She looked at Elara and shrugged. “Well, it was worth a try right?”
Being asked about school normally made her shut down, but as she’d brought it up by asking about why Yuki was here and not in Mohoutokoro, she decided it was okay to answer. “Both my mama and papa went here for school. But neither of them were in Slytherin,” she said. Apparently she’d taken more after her Uncle Liam and the rest of his family than anyone had anticipated which was a little funny given she didn’t have as much contact with them as Corey had. Everyone was very confused. “They wanted me to come to their al..ma mater!” She’d completely botched that word, which didn’t sound right with her accented english, but she hoped it was understandable at least.​

Elara giggled when Yuki tried a muggle magic trick to open any secret passages. She looked around and didn't see or hear anything happen. "Maybe we can tap on some bricks?" she asked, walking up to apart of the wall and giving it a soft tap. The building wasn't that old so if there was something secret, it would probably be very noticeable. She walked along the wall, tapping in random places and looking at the bricks to see if there was any noticeable difference or symbols.

As she moved throughout the lavatory, Yuki told her why she was coming so far away to attend school. Her dads had let her choose which school she wanted to attend, and thankfully, Hogwarts was close enough to their tour circuit in case she wanted to see them for a visit. She didn't know why Yuki cared what house her parents were in, but most of family had never attended organized wizard schooling so maybe she just didn't get it. "I don't see anything wrong with Slytherin," she said, giving her a big smile as she turned away from the wall back towards her friend. "It's cool that you get to go someplace new for school and meet kids from all over. I love traveling," she said, as she turned back to tap on a few more bricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back