Have we met before?

Steve frowned slightly. "That must be hard. I've had a few arguments with my parents but I've got loads of siblings to keep me company. I could never do it without them." He shook his head and bounced Arabella up and down in his arms. "You'll love my mum though. She can be a bit posh sometimes but overall she's really nice to friends of people in the family. She'll definitely be kind to you because she misses Paul and Jasper so much." He smiled encouragingly. "It can't be that bad being half veela though. Can it??"

Lindsay nodded her head. Before the arguement, her family had been tightly knit together. She smiled as Jasper talked about his mother. She had heard Paul talk about the lady in the same manner. It was clear the woman was loved. "I can't wait to meet her." Lindsay said with a grin. "I'm sorry I haven't met her before. I miss Paul everyday." she said, trying not to show her sadness. At his last words, Lindsay grimaced. Even that look on her face was pretty. She shook her head. "It isn't being a veela. Its the fact that my mother is a full Veela and they hid it from me. Its the fact that practically everything has been a lie. How do I know who really likes me or is just dazzled by my charms?" she asked, her voice rising slightly from anger. "Its the fact that they only told me so I would freak out if Arabella exhibits unusal behavior when she gets angry like grow wings or throw fire. My parents kept me from developing a temper so that I would never find out that when I get furious I can throw fire." she said, still in disbelief.

Steve nodded. "I guess that's understandable. I would probably be mad at my parents if they kept something that important from me. It sounds cool being able to throw fire but then again I'm a boy and that's the sort of thing I like." Steve smiled at Lindsay. "You could probably go and meet her now. She's not doing anything at the moment so she wont mind an unexpected guest. In fact, she'd probably love it." Steve knew that his mum loved surprises. His dad had made loads from her. Sometimes they were small like a piece of jewellery and sometimes they were bigger like a night at a restaurant.

Lindsay nodded her head as Steve agreed with her. "The fire thing isn't so bad as long as I don't get angry and I haven't ever been one to lose my temper. I just can't ever let it happen around Arabella." she said, knowing that if she ever lost control like that around the child the outcome would be distasterous. When he said that she could go meet his mother now, her face lit up with excitement. "Really? You don't think she will mind?" Lindsay asked. "But I don't know where she lives..." Lindsay said with a frown. She couldn't apparate to an unknown location.

Steve smiled. "Of course she wont. Mum loves having guests round. She'll love meeting you and she'll adore Arabella." Sam had always been a kid lover. She had to be to look after fourteen children-almost by herself. "We can walk it from here. It's not that far and I'll carry Arabella so you can take the extra weight off your feet." Steve was good with kids and had always loved them. He loved helping his mum with Bella and Rosie but she never seemed to trust him for some reason.

Lindsay grinned at Steve. It seemed that he had fallen in love with the tiny baby. Lindsay nodded her head. "Okay just let me tell the house elf and grab Arabella's hat." she said as she ran back to the baby's room. She instructed the house elf and grabbed a hat and a blankent. It was cold outside and she didn't want her baby to get sick. Lastly, she grabbed her own coat. Lindsay smiled as she returned to Steve. She fixed the hat and blanket on Arabella and smiled at Steve. "Okay! I'm ready to go. Lead the way!" She said suddenly nervous about meeting the woman who would have been her mother in law.

Steve walked out the front door when Lindsay said lead the way. It was chilly out side but Steve was used to the cold and enjoyed it. He hugged Arabella close to him so she didn't get cold and walked along the street. It didn't take too long to get to the house. It was only about five minutes walking. He opened the front door and realized that his mum wasn't in the kitchen. That's where she usually would have been. "Mum. I'm home. I've brought a guest with me." He shouted to his mum, hoping that he hadn't woken the babies.

Sam was sat on her bed feeding Bella through a bottle. Rosie was in the cot playing with one of her toys. Sam's eyes were still slightly red from where she had been crying. It had been a while since Paul and Jasper's death but it was still getting to her. They were the children of her dead sister and she had lost them. When Sam heard Steve say he had brought a guest, Sam put the bottle down and picked up both babies so she could carry them downstairs. She didn't recognize the girl stood with him but she was confused to see Steve carrying a baby. She smiled at the young girl. "Hello, I'm Sam. Who are you??" Sam would have held her hand out but both arms were busy at that moment.

Lindsay followed Steve out of her house, waving her wand behind her. She set all her magical protections in a matter of seconds. Steve was right when he said the house wasn't far away. They both walked for a short period of time until they reached a house. The pair walked in as he began calling for his mum. Lindsay's stomach was in knots as a woman walked out from a room, holding a baby. Lindsay smiled at Sam. "My name's Lindsay. I am...was.." she corrected herself, "Paul's girlfriend. This is our daughter Arabella." she said, smiling down at her beautiful baby. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you Sam." she said politely.

Sam's eyes widened when Lindsay said she was Paul's girlfriend. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you. Paul always spoke about you. You must be a great person to have Paul talk about you like that." Sam had always seen Paul as a great boy but he never talked about people unless he loved them loads. "I would give you a hug but my hands are a bit full at the moment." Sam motioned to Bella and Rosie as she said it. She always hugged people when she was welcoming them into the family. Sam smiled as she looked at the baby in Steve's arms. "You have a very beautiful baby. You've been looking after her very well. Remember, if you need any help, I'm here."

A sad look came into Lindsay's beautiful face as Sam talked about Paul. She missed him everyday, all day long. "He spoke about you too. All nice things of course." she said with a smile fixed on her face. Her green eyes took in the two children. They were older and bigger than her Arabella. She did think it was ironic that one of them was named Bella since it was a nickname she called her little girl when they were alone. "Thank you, though I fear her heritage is what makes her so beautiful. She is one fourth Veela." Lindsay explained, feeling that Sam had a right to know. "And thank you for your offer. I actually live within walking distance." she mused, still finding the coincience slightly funny. "How old are your two?" she asked.

Sam nodded in understanding when Lindsay mentioned Arabella being a fourth veela. Sam'd had a friend in school who had been full veela and the girl had never been happy with it. People always treated her differently just because of her veela blood. Sam gestured to the baby in her right arm, dressed in dark green. "This is Bellatrix..." Then she gestured to the baby in her left arm, dressed in red. "...and this is Rasalinda." Sam always used full names unless it was her own. She hated the name Samaire and didn't know why anyone would want to name their child that. She always introduced herself as Sam. "They're both eight months." She looked over to the living room door. "Shall we go and sit down??"

Lindsay nodded her head. "I think that sounds like a good idea." she said politely as she followed the older woman into the other room. Lindsay looked at Steve. "Are you still okay with her or do I need to take her?" Lindsay asked him. Steve could hold Arabella as long as he liked she just didn't want to force him to if he was tired of her. Looking at Sam, Lindsay smiled softly. "I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come and meet you, but I haven't exactly been myself." she admitted. "I want Arabella to know her grandmother and since I'm not speaking to my parents at the moment, this is the only thing even close to family either one of us have." she said explaining to Sam.

Steve nodded his head and sat on the sofa. "Yeah, I'm fine. I love kids so I'm happy to hold her as long as you'd like me to." Steve's smile grew when Arabella grabbed his finger. Her hands were so tiny compared to his. It was amazing how one person could be so tiny. Babies always seemed to amaze Steve in the weirdest of ways. He leant Arabella on leg and propped her up so she was sitting there.

Sam was touched when Lindsay called her Arabella's grandmother. Sam had always been like a mother to her nephews and nieces and she knew they felt that way towards her but she never thought they would say she was the grandmother to their children. "I'm glad that you feel that way. I'm always happy to have new members in our family. If you want to stay here for a night or two at any point then there's a few spare rooms up stairs." Sam had bought the house so their was two people to a bedroom (or three for Steve, Nick and Jerrod). Most people had moved out since then though so she now had a load of empty rooms just waiting for an occupant. "Would you like a drink or something to eat??"

Lindsay smiled at Steve as she watched the way he interacted with Arabella. "Okay just let me know if you get tired of her." Lindsay said with a grn. Arabella seemed happy to stare at Steve as he held her. She turned her attention back to Sam. The woman was nice and kind, everything Paul had always said she was. Lindsay nodded her head. "Thank you for the offer. It means a lot to me." she said, her eyes slightly watering as she thought of Paul. This was his family that was now welcoming her. So much she wished that he had at least gotten to see Arabella. Lindsay shook her head. "No thank you. I ate lunch right before Steve came and surprised me." she said with a grin towards the younger boy.

Sam nodded. "Yes, Steve does like to surprise people. Like the surprise I got when I opened his bedroom door this morning to be confronted by all the mess." She grinned as she saw the guilty look on Steve's face. "You sure you don't want a drink?? Tea?? Coffee?? Juice?? You name it, I'm bound to have it." Sam always shopped so she could please everyone who entered the house. Sam put Bella and Rosie on the floor so they could crawl around a bit while she sat on the sofa next to Lindsay.

Lindsay laughed at Sam's joke about Steve's room and the responding look on his face. It was odd to be welcomed into this family so completely. She couldn't help but wonder what they would think if she ever were to meet someone who could make her happy like Paul had. She doubted a person like that even existed. Would Sam and Steve feel betrayed? Like she was replacing Paul? She hoped not since it wasn't possible. Lindsay laughed. "Okay I suppose I will have a coke if you insist." she teased lightly.

Sam smiled and walked into the kitchen, pouring Lindsay a coke and herself a glass of water. She then walked back into the living room and handed the coke to Lindsay. "There you go." She sat back down and kept an eye on the cat as it jumped through the window and watched the babies. Draco could be fierce when he wanted to be and Sam didn't want the Main Coone to leave any marks on Bella or Rosie. "So, where did you grow up??" She was curious about Lindsay. She wanted to find out about the girls past so she could help her the best possible.

"Thank you, Sam." Lindsay said with a grin on her face as she took the coke. She took a sip of it before turning back to the older woman as she asked Lindsay a question. "Well, actually I grew up in two different places. My father works for the ministry in London so we have a house there though I was born in France. My mother who is a Veela is from France and we have a house there. We would spend a month or two at one house before spending the next month or two at the other house. If we were in France, my father just apparated back and forth or stayed in London." she explained.

Sam nodded. "I've lived in a few different places. I lived in England during the time I was in school then I moved to France after Junior was born. A few years later we moved to Sydney and no I'm here in New Zealand." Sam loved travelling couldn't wait to do it again. It was difficult to travel with so many kids though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back