Have we met before?

Lindsay Hall

OOC First Name
Kait
Wand
Birch 16'' with Essence of Pixie Feather
Lindsay Love was sitting in her living room on the sofa with her guitar. She was dressed comforably in black top and jeans. Arabella was asleep in her nursery with the house elf to watch over her. It was the middle of the afternoon and snow was sprinkling down outside her townhome.

Lindsay had a lot on her mind. She was a new, single mother which was enough to blow her mind. However, she just found out, she was part- veela. Lindsay's life was upside down. The only way she knew how to clear her head was to play music. The blonde knew both the guitar and the piano. Today she had chosen her gutiar.

A sad, soft melody echoed through Lindsay's house. The young blonde sang a wordless descant along with her new composition. Her former love was her insperation for it. Lindsay was not even close to being over Paul's death.

spoiler]

Steve had been told where Lindsay lived. The only thing he had ever done with Nick, Jasper and Paul was sit around and chat. When they had nothing to talk about, girls was the subject so Paul and Lindsay were in the conversation quite a bit.
Steve looked up at the house and smiled slightly. It was a nice place and he was sure Paul would have loved it.
This was getting hard for Steve though. He had bumped into Candy just the other day and she had told him she was pregnant, now he was going to visit Lindsay and she had given birth. Steve wanted to help as much as possible. Of course, he still had to talk to Caley about this but at least he was helping the people left behind by Paul and Jasper.
Steve knocked on the front door and stood there waiting for Lindsay to answer. He just hoped he'd gotten the right house. Otherwise, he'd look like an idiot. Looking like an idiot was not something he needed right now. The image of Paul and Jasper in pieces on the cliff side was stuck in his head and he couldn't get it out. At times, he felt like putting his wand to his head and burning out the memories but he didn't have the guts to do anything like that. It just wasn't like him.

Lindsay was surprised as she heard a knock on the door. She was not expecting any company and very few people knew where she lived. Lindsay placed her gutair down on the couch as she stood up. She grabbed her wand off of the end side table, just in case this was a trap. There was nothing she loved more in the world than her little girl and she was not going to let anything happen to Arabella.

Lindsay opened the large door to see a young man, several years younger than she was. She wondered for a brief moment if he had the wrong address. Lindsay had never seen him before but as she examined him, he did seem a slight bit familiar. She smiled at him, putting her facade of normality, hoping that he wasn't dumbfounded by the Veela in her.. "Hello. Can I help you?" she asked pleasantly.

Steve smiled slightly when he saw Lindsay answer the door. He recognised her from the photograph Paul had shown him. He was surprised by the beauty that radiated off her though. Paul had always said she was the most beautiful person he knew but Steve just thought he was saying because she was his girlfriend. It's what everyone did.
Steve held his hand out to Lindsay. "I'm Steve. Steve Green. I'm Paul's cousin." Steve wondered how Lindsay would take this. "Paul used to talk about you all the time. Arabella as well. I just thought, well, if you needed any help with her then you just need to give me a shout." Steve wanted to do as much as he could to help Lindsay and Candy. Caley was going to find this out as soon as he saw her but he hadn't seen her in a while and seeing as Steve was now the only person still living with his mum, he was being checked up on constantly.

Lindsay was surprised again as this stranger said her love's name. He introduced himself as his cousin. Of course, Lindsay had heard all about Paul's family but she had never actually met any of them. Lindsay accepted his hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you Steve." she said honestly. She didn't introduce herself since he already knew who she was. Tears formed in her eyes as he talked about Paul. The girl bit her lip to try and keep from crying in front of this boy. Lindsay nodded her head. "Thank you so much for coming Steve. Would you like to come in?" she asked him in a gracious manner. "I really appreciate your offer. P...Paul used to talk about you..well about your whole family." she said, stuttering over Paul's name in a teary voice. Lindsay stood back away from the door, hoping Steve had the time to come in and visit.

Steve nodded as he walked into the house. "Thank you." He could see that Lindsay was trying not to cry. "You know, you don't have to hide your emotions from me. If you want to cry then my shoulder is absorbent." He was hoping to lighten the mood slightly with his rubbish joke but Steve had never been great at comforting people. It was one reason why he was a Slytherin. Slytherins were too proud to show there emotions so most of Steve's friends kept things to themselves making it so that he didn't have to deal with things. Lindsay and Candy were exceptions. Even Steve found it hard to hide how much he missed his cousins. "There isn't really much of a family left any more. Everyone's split up and gone in different directions." He shrugged slightly. Steve didn't really mind much but the house was incredibly quiet compared to the house it used to be. It used to have a reputation for noisiest house on the street.

Lindsay shut the door behind Steven as they both walked towards the living room. Lindsay picked up her gutair and carried it back to it's stand so he would have a place to sit. She sighed as she sat next to him. "After Arabella was born, my parents told me I am part Veela and my mother is a full Veela. They had kept it from me all these years." she told Paul's cousin. "Now, I don' know if Paul really loved me or it it was just that nature that made him think he was in love." she said, voicing what had been bugging her for some time now. What if it was all fake and Paul had only been tricked into loving her?

Steve shook his head. "Lindsay, you didn't hear the way he spoke about you. No spell or curse or even veela genes could make him talk about someone the way he spoke about you. He loved you so much." Steve could understand now how Lindsay was so beautiful. It must have been the veela blood inside of her. Steve knew that something like that would never have caught Paul though. Paul had never been the kind of person to get caught off guard. "Do I get to hear some guitar??" Steve only knew a few basic chords that he had learned off Lily when he had to baby sit her and Jerrod.

Lindsay smiled at Steve as he told her Paul loved her. It made her feel some better to hear this from his family. Lindsay had heard of Steven and knew that Paul was very fond of this cousin. Lindsay laughed as he asked if he got hear her play. She had been playing before he got there and she didn't mind. She got up and retrieved her guitar from the stand once more. She took it back to the couch and sat down. There was a song she had composed about Paul just a week earlier. The song was sad but very true about Paul.

After she finished, Lindsay looked up at Steve. "Well whatcha thing?" she asked him tears in her eyes once more.

Steve listened to the song and felt a knot tightening in his stomach. The song sounded amazing and he could see how it related to Paul. "Wow. Did you write that??" Steve had certainly never heard the song before. Although, music wasn't exactly his favorite subject. "It sounds amazing. I can only do a few of the most basic chords and that's because Jerrod taught me." Steve was hoping to take the conversation away from paul. At least that way he might see Lindsay with a proper smile on her face.

Lindsay smiled as she appreciated the compliment. She nodded her head. "Yeah I wrote it last week." she admitted. Lindsay loved to play and write songs though she didn't think she could ever play them in front of a crowd. "I started playing the guitar when I was eight." she admitted. "I begun taking piano when I was almost ten. I like both of the instruments." she said looking over at her piano. "I guess I have always been musically inclined." she said with a shrug. "If you practice enough I'm sure you can learn more than the basics. I don't mind helping if you would like." she offered a smile on her face. Lindsay loved music and it was the only thing that could brighten her day.

Steve smiled. "You'd need ear plugs to listen to my playing." He grinned slightly. "Jerrod and Lily sound great together. Lily plays guitar and drums and Jerrod plays guitar. I used to think it was annoying when they practice but now they're at Hogwarts and I miss the noise. The house is too quiet." Steve had never thought he'd say that he missed the noise Jerrod and Lily created. "I like singing though. I'm not too good at that either but it's fun." Steve was glad the conversation was now turning happy. He was never great with gloomy conversations. When he was in one, he always seemed to feel like there was a huge unbreakable rope around him and it got tighter with every word.

Lindsay laughed. "Oh come on! It can't be that bad." she said, grinning now. Steve reminded her of Paul a little bit. "Would you like to hear another song I wrote?" she asked. She paused slightly before beginning to play again. The new song was one she had written right before she met Paul. It was different than the other one. When she finished, she grinned at Steve. He seemed to be as good a listener as Paul had been. Paul used to sit for several hours and listen to her play.

Steve laughed. "Believe me, it is." He nodded when she asked if he wanted to hear another song. "Yeah, sure." He liked listening to her playing. It sounded great. This song was completely different to the other one but it still sounded like it was related to Paul. Steve never realized how much of an impact Paul had had on Lindsay. "It sounds really good. You should try professional singing. You'd probably get really far."

Lindsay shook her head, laughing at his suggestion. "I don't know if I could do that ever." she said disagreeing. "I don't know if I could play in front of so many people." she said. Lindsay was a bit shy when it came for her music and crowds of people. At that moment, she heard a cry from the back room. It was Arabella waking up from her nap. "Excuse a moment please." she said politely as she stood up and disappeared down a hallway.

Shortly after leaving, Lindsay returned carrying a form wrapped up in a pink blanket. She grinned at Steve. "Would you like to meet Arabella?" She asked, gently rocking the baby in her arms.

Steve was about to say that she should try and get over her fear and show the world how amazing she was when he heard a cry come from the back room. He nodded when she said excuse me. When she came back, Steve smiled and stood up to look at the baby in the blanket. "She looks beautiful." He stroked Arabella's head as he smiled down at the adorable girl. "How old is she now??" Steve had never been good at guessing the ages of babies.

Lindsay smiled, pushing the blanket away from the baby's face. The little girl had blonde hair and green eyes, just like Lindsay. "She is two months old almost three." she said, smiling at her new daughter. "Would you like to hold her?" she asked. Lindsay thought Arabella was the prettiest baby in the world, but then again, she was biased.

Steve nodded. "Yeah. I'd love to." He took Arabella from Lindsay and cradled her in his arms. The beautiful green eyes looked up at him with such innocence that it made Steve's smile grow across his face. It was amazing. "She looks a lot like you. Her eyes are like emeralds glistening in the sun." Steve couldn't tear his eyes away from the massive globes.

Lindsay smiled as Steve took Arabella from her. He looked like he was charmed by her and Lindsay couldn't help but giggle. She had a feeling that her little daughter was going to have that permenant affect on boys as she grew older. Lindsay left Steve to hold the little girl as she made her way over to pick her guitar up once more. She had already learned that the little girl loved to hear the guitar. Lindsay smiled at the compliment. "Thank you. Though I can see Paul in her too. I fear she is going to have a pack of admirers after her." she said with a coy smile. Lindsay played a new song softly as she allowed Steve to bond with her daughter.

Stev sat back down when Lindsay picked her guitar up again. He laughed slightly at what she said. "Yeah, I can see what you mean." He looked up and Lindsay while she played. He didn't know why but he loved being here with Lindsay and Arabella. He could see why Paul loved it here. Lindsay was a great girl and Steve had a feeling Arabella would grow up to be the same as her. "You sound amazing. I bet Paul loved listening to you. I know I do." He shrugged slightly. "If you made a CD I'd definitely buy it." Steve didn't get much money but he always spent it on things he knew he'd use.

Lindsay grinned at Steve as he agreed with her. Arabella was going to be quite the trouble maker. Lindsay smiled at the compliment that the younger boy gave her. "Thank you." she said with a soft smile. "Paul could sit and listen to me play for hours. He loved it. Arabella loves it too. If you watch her face, you can tell." Lindsay told Steve. To demonstrate, she played another song. A grin was fixed on her face as she played this had been one of Paul's favorites to amuse him. Lindsay laughed as he said he would buy a cd. She shook her head in disagreement. "I wouldn't let you pay for it. You are family to me. You certainly are to Arabella. I want her to know Paul's family like she would have if he were still with me." Lindsay said, still smiling at Steve and her little baby.

Steve watched Arabella's face and laughed when Lindsay played the song. It was obvious that the little girl liked the playing. He shook his head slightly when she mentioned knowing the family well. "The family's a bit messed up at the moment. Ana's gone off on her own, same with Woody, Lily and Jerrod are in school all the time getting beaten up, Nick's moved to England to have a break from everyone, I never see Junior anymore and apparently he's not letting people call him that anymore-he wants to be called Dervish." Steve sighed. "Although, I think Arabella would get along well with Bella and Rosie. They're eight months old now." Steve thought Bella and Rosie were two of the most adorable babies ever but then again, they were his sisters.

Lindsay nodded, listening to Steve describe his family. She knew there had been problems with family. That was the reason she hadn't ever gotten to meet any of them before. Lindsay smiled sadly. "Well I would at least like your mother to know Arabella. From what Paul said about her, he looked towards her as a mother too. I mean ever since his parents died." she said claifying. Lindsay grinned at his last statement. "Well at least Arabella will have someone to play with growing up." she said grinning at the pink bundle Steve was holding.

Steve nodded, confirming what Lindsay had just said. "I think most of my cousins considered her a mum. Odie and Stacy still do." Steve had no idea what had come across Ana but he was guessing it was something to do with that Theo guy she was with. The bloke looked iffy and Steve didn't like it. "I think Bella and Rosie would enjoy another play mate as well. At the moment they only friends they have are Juniors sons-Reece and Rio. Arabella could meet them as well if you want. That is if we can pin Junior and Cloe down for long enough" Junior always seemed to be on the move and Cloe just followed along behind him.

Lindsay smiled. They had such a large family, especially compared to her. "Once Arabella is a little older we will have to arrange something so they can all play, though I want her to meet your mother before that." she said, knowing that the woman was a grandmother to Arabella in her head. "I am an only child and currently not speaking to my parents." Lindsay said, her mouth tight with fresh anger at them. She had no intentions of making up with them anytime in the near future. She was still furious at their deception of her Veela nature and her mother's full Veela identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back