Harry Potter Trailer!

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
WOOOOOOOOOOOT! I'm so freakin' excited at this moment. I might have just died. That's right I died, came back to life to post this and then I probably will re-die after I watch it once more...and several times after that! :r :wub:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Official Trailer
Seriously, I'm pumped! :woot: AAAAAAAH!! :frantics:
What do you guys think?​

A legitimate trailer? :o
I'm shockkeeddd. @_@

Oh man, this looks like it's going to be amazing. Though, is it worth it to see it in 3D, or Imax 3D??

xD I really don't get why everything has to be in 3D these days. I'll just go see it in 2D but it'll be just as amazing! partially because I won't be leaving the cinema with a headache! :r :lol:

I am so seeing this in 3D! I literally gave a big squee when I saw that. I don't care if its not much, but just imagine the WB logo flying out at you to start with. The fight scenes will be amazing! I cannot wait for November! Plus, this will be the first one that I will take my daughter to see in the theater. She is old enough now that she enjoys the movies at home and really loves Snape and Draco xD so I think she will enjoy seeing it -- after I go by myself first to screen it. lol.

Oh my goodness! SO excited!! Got the shivers and everything!

I am no longer in the least bit interested in how they've mutilated the story this time. Although I will watch them, I will throw things at the screen and never see them again. Screw it, I won't even bother, I'll just wait till they come out on video and see if I can be arsed.

Awesome! :D I saw this on Yahoo earlier, it looks amazing! And only a couple months away!

Surprised that they have already set a general date for the 2nd part of the movie (July 2011).

Elspeth Brookes said:
Same. They are just twisting the story beyond recognition. Sometimes I wonder if they have a copy of the books that no one else does. D:
Agreed :correct:

W00H I watched it yesterday morning, and WoW it looks incredible. I cannot wait for it to come out. However some scenes had me boggled.

Haven't read the book? Don't know what happens? Don't want to know what happens? Avoid my spoiler!
-When Snape appears, is that when he's about to die. It seems he recoils in horror, presumably after Nagini is set on him, but I don't know if he's in the Shrieking Shack. To me it looks like Hogwarts, yet I cannot think of a time Snape recoiled in horror. Maybe when he has left Hogwarts after his battle with McGonagall?

-When Voldemort screams. Why does he scream and point his wand at the ground? Perhaps he has found out that many of his horcruxes have been destroyed?

Ideas?

Mike Goulding said:
W00H I watched it yesterday morning, and WoW it looks incredible. I cannot wait for it to come out. However some scenes had me boggled.

Haven't read the book? Don't know what happens? Don't want to know what happens? Avoid my spoiler!
-When Snape appears, is that when he's about to die. It seems he recoils in horror, presumably after Nagini is set on him, but I don't know if he's in the Shrieking Shack. To me it looks like Hogwarts, yet I cannot think of a time Snape recoiled in horror. Maybe when he has left Hogwarts after his battle with McGonagall?

-When Voldemort screams. Why does he scream and point his wand at the ground? Perhaps he has found out that many of his horcruxes have been destroyed?

Ideas?
I am really excited to see this, but there also were a few things that confused me from the book. xD

Like Mike, I will use a spoiler to discuss -- for those who may not have read the book.
Mike, I was trying to figure that out about Snape too, but it was such a quick clip that I was trying to figure out where in the book that was. Might be Shreiking Shack, but I do agree that it looks like Hogwarts. Might be something added or changed around a bit too.

I think that they added that scene with the DE? on the tracks stopping the Hogwarts Express. That was never in the book like that.

The stuff with Voldy and Harry in the tower where Voldy has his hands on Harry's face. That was not in the book, and neither was the scene with their wands locked on the castle grounds. I was watching the trailer and seriously was like "WTF? That was NOT in the book!" My daughter thought I was silly when I said that too. xD

Oh, and the stars of the movie have been Tweeting out that they just wrapped filming on the final scenes from the second movie over this last month, so they can put out a general date for the second half. They have a year to finish up editing the second one, but from the looks of things, they have a big chunk of the second one edited already since some of the scenes they were showing in the trailer belong in the second film.

Yeah I think the DE scene was to show that they were searching the train for people i.e. Harry. It may be when they catch Luna?

- I'm inclined to go with Hogwarts than the Shrieking Shack, as the windows, and it's frame are from Hogwarts.

- I was thinking since when does Voldemort have Harry by the throat, but thet probably added stuff in and changed things around. Like for the final duel between Harry and Voldemort it's changed to the courtyard, whereas in the book it took place in the Great Hall. The clip with Nagini, it seems also takes place in a child's bedroom. I was never under the impression Bathilda had children? Although Gellert did stay at her house, he was of adult age wasn't he? 17-18?

- Where do people think they'll split the movies? Because a reason why they included both parts of the movie into the trailer was to make it damn near impossible to see where the split will happen. I hope we get a good chunk of action during Part 1, because Part 2 is over a year away and I don't think, for my sanity's sake I can last that long without any awe. I think that they will get the Deathly Hallows discussion with Xenophilius told in Part 1 and Part 1 will end when the trio are captured by Snatchers and taken to Malfoy Manor. Anyone agree or have other ideas or suggestions?

it's sad that i actually jumped up and down and screeched like a school girl at this trailer!!! i'm so excited to see it!

Professor Tom Fletcher said:
Yeah I think the DE scene was to show that they were searching the train for people i.e. Harry. It may be when they catch Luna?

- I'm inclined to go with Hogwarts than the Shrieking Shack, as the windows, and it's frame are from Hogwarts.

- I was thinking since when does Voldemort have Harry by the throat, but thet probably added stuff in and changed things around. Like for the final duel between Harry and Voldemort it's changed to the courtyard, whereas in the book it took place in the Great Hall. The clip with Nagini, it seems also takes place in a child's bedroom. I was never under the impression Bathilda had children? Although Gellert did stay at her house, he was of adult age wasn't he? 17-18?

- Where do people think they'll split the movies? Because a reason why they included both parts of the movie into the trailer was to make it damn near impossible to see where the split will happen. I hope we get a good chunk of action during Part 1, because Part 2 is over a year away and I don't think, for my sanity's sake I can last that long without any awe. I think that they will get the Deathly Hallows discussion with Xenophilius told in Part 1 and Part 1 will end when the trio are captured by Snatchers and taken to Malfoy Manor. Anyone agree or have other ideas or suggestions?
Yeah, I think they added a few things and changed a few things around to make the movies work. I will say the book was a bit boring while they were hunting horcruxes and not finding anything. I still want to see how they make up for the fact that they never mentioned the locket in OOtP movie when it turns out to be a huge thing for DH. And no one can tell me that JKR couldn't have told them to keep that in the movie knowing that she was writing that in as a big chunk of the movie.

That quick clip of Nagini did look like a child's room, or could have been a woman with the mind of a child. Or just the fact that the clip was really quick and that we are mistaken. xD

I am still torn as to where they might split the movie up. I can't wait to be able to watch the movies back to back eventually. I so hope they run a double feature when part two comes out!

Hilde Lindstrom said:

Yeah, I think they added a few things and changed a few things around to make the movies work. I will say the book was a bit boring while they were hunting horcruxes and not finding anything. I still want to see how they make up for the fact that they never mentioned the locket in OOtP movie when it turns out to be a huge thing for DH. And no one can tell me that JKR couldn't have told them to keep that in the movie knowing that she was writing that in as a big chunk of the movie.

That quick clip of Nagini did look like a child's room, or could have been a woman with the mind of a child. Or just the fact that the clip was really quick and that we are mistaken. xD

I am still torn as to where they might split the movie up. I can't wait to be able to watch the movies back to back eventually. I so hope they run a double feature when part two comes out!
So, overall I thought the trailer was pretty exciting. It was good to finally see one since part 1 is only a couple of months away. I'm hoping that they show the trailer during Last Airbender this weekend so I can see it on a huge screen ^_^

I read somewhere that most of the Battle doesn't take place in the school in the movie but on the grounds of Hogwarts. This is a small change IMO, but you're right Julie. The locket thing is huge and it is going to take some interesting storytelling to get around that.

I've been talking this over with my sisters too and I think the split has to be in one of the two spots you mentioned Mike. It just makes sense to either end it right after they've met Xenophilius and they find out about the Tale of the Three Brothers or when they are captured by the Snatchers. The second seems more likely to me since it is leading a bit more towards the climax of the story.

And then, I figure the second movie is mostly the search for the Hallows?

The only thing that really, really bothered me during the trailer was the Nagini clip b/c it kind of sounded like Harry was telling Ron to kill Nagini!!!! I know it can just be how it was edited, but I think it would be dreadful to have Ron do the job and not Neville :mad: ! My co-workers are convinced that based on the way the last movie played out that it has to be Ron who does kill the snake, but I refuse to believe it <_<

This was one of my favorite parts of Deathly Hallows, seeing Neville triumph and really show his Gryffindor side, and if it doesn't happen that way in the movie, I am going to :cry:

Professor Cyndi Weasley said:
Hilde Lindstrom said:

So, overall I thought the trailer was pretty exciting. It was good to finally see one since part 1 is only a couple of months away. I'm hoping that they show the trailer during Last Airbender this weekend so I can see it on a huge screen ^_^

I read somewhere that most of the Battle doesn't take place in the school in the movie but on the grounds of Hogwarts. This is a small change IMO, but you're right Julie. The locket thing is huge and it is going to take some interesting storytelling to get around that.

I've been talking this over with my sisters too and I think the split has to be in one of the two spots you mentioned Mike. It just makes sense to either end it right after they've met Xenophilius and they find out about the Tale of the Three Brothers or when they are captured by the Snatchers. The second seems more likely to me since it is leading a bit more towards the climax of the story.

And then, I figure the second movie is mostly the search for the Hallows?

The only thing that really, really bothered me during the trailer was the Nagini clip b/c it kind of sounded like Harry was telling Ron to kill Nagini!!!! I know it can just be how it was edited, but I think it would be dreadful to have Ron do the job and not Neville :mad: ! My co-workers are convinced that based on the way the last movie played out that it has to be Ron who does kill the snake, but I refuse to believe it <_<

This was one of my favorite parts of Deathly Hallows, seeing Neville triumph and really show his Gryffindor side, and if it doesn't happen that way in the movie, I am going to :cry:
-I was thinking at first why does Ron kill Nagini, but it occurred to me that Ron could be destroying the locket? He does use the sword to do so in the book. Is it me or can anyone else hear something when Ron is killing either the Snake or the Horcrux? If so, I think he is in fact destroying the locket, because it does speak and torment Ron before he finally does it?

-Around 1:23 when Ron is casting a spell and Hermione is clutching onto him, does anyone think that the scene when Fred will die? I mean there is a lot of rubble around, from the wall exploding perhaps?

- I was thinking why were people running through the forests, with their wands drawn, but it all makes sense. Thanks Cyndi! However surely some of the fighting will take place inside Hogwarts? If not how and where will Fred die?

-Does anyone hope that they show you Dolohov duelling Lupin and Tonks being defeated by Bellatrix? Because I liked both of those characters, and didn't like the way it was skated around those deaths :(

Professor Melodie Lowe said:
Elspeth Brookes said:
Same. They are just twisting the story beyond recognition. Sometimes I wonder if they have a copy of the books that no one else does. D:
Agreed :correct:
What are y'all talking about? The Harry Potter movies are great, and at the end of the day, that's the most important thing! :lol: The books are books, the movies are movies. They don't have to be one and the same. Anyway, I'm deffffinitely looking forward to it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back