Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
2.gif
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
1.gif

It's St. Patrick's day for me now, so I decided to post this topic. ^_^
Happy St. Patrick's day to all you Irish, wish-to-be-Irish, and Irish-at-heart out there. ^_^

Yay! No more snakes in Ireland, lots of alcohol, green, and good luck. ;)

Does anybody have awesome plans for today? (AKA: How much do you intend to drink? :r )
Does anybody live in Chicago (where the river is dyed green for the day... or sometime near the day)? If so: I demand pictures! Where you live: does anything special happen for the day? ^_^

For myself: I have no special plans at all. :(

</SIZE>
HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!​
<i>
</i>
<SIZE size="50">Today I'm going to celebrate my friends birthday by playing a few games, watching movies and doing things of the sort. It'll be loads of fun. We kind of forgot about Saint Patrick's Day and focused on Khalil's birthday party instead or I did anyway.

Yay Happy St. Patty days!! I'm only a bit of Irish but still Proud! Toot!! Toot!!

:frantics: Happy St. Paddy's everyone :woot:

Well being Irish you'd think I'd have a load of plans today but sadly I do not. Instead I'm sitting in work (yeah that place I hated during the holidays) from 9 - 8 :glare:

On the plus side one of my friends (was meant to be two of them but one backed out :( ) is coming up to my house tonight for a few dvds and a drink or two...or rather I'll be drinking because she has to get up early tomorrow :lol: for my birthday :D Which is tomorrow :r

When is your birthday Pat? :erm:

Also, what is this Saints day? I do not know about it.

I have no celebratory plans for today.

Happy St. Patricks! :frantics:

I am not planning on anything cool for the day, but I am cooking up corned beef and cabbage for dinner and will be making beer bread and brownies too. I am, of course, wearing my green and so is my daughter. I am part Irish and my daughter is actually more so than me. Her great-grandma (my grandma-in-law) was born in Ireland. We like to whoop it up around here, but soberly. Might have a beer, but more than that won't happen.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Thanks to Julie for reminding me via skype just now. :r

I got nothing planned. At all.
Wish I had green dye and put it in food or something. :erm:

I need my gold. :shifty:

I wore green nail varnish! And wrote in green ;D
but I got told to take it off:'| and use a normal pen:blank:
so I celebrated alone in my head<3 xxxxxxxxx

To school by the way;')

Tony Alraur said:
When is your birthday Pat? :erm:

Also, what is this Saints day? I do not know about it.

I have no celebratory plans for today.
Tomorrow ;)

And St Paddy is the patron saint of Ireland. Drove all the snakes out of this place...well the bad kinda anyway :r And whatnot :D

Basically it's a day for the Irish to get completely and utterly drunk out of their heads...not that they need much of an excuse :tut: xD It got so bad last year around Belfast that some students got kicked out of Queens Uni o_O

Patricia Rogers said:
Tomorrow ;)

And St Paddy is the patron saint of Ireland. Drove all the snakes out of this place...well the bad kinda anyway :r And whatnot :D

Basically it's a day for the Irish to get completely and utterly drunk out of their heads...not that they need much of an excuse :tut: xD It got so bad last year around Belfast that some students got kicked out of Queens Uni o_O
Wohooo! :woot:

So nothing over Saint George then? :D    +    :wub: .. Woo. My awesome flagage!

I had no drink to celebrate.

oh please St. George's day barely gets noticed in England whereas Patricks Day get's noticed all over the world. :p

Well yesterday morning after a few mins on here and then letting my brother in law come to save my computer from a gazillion viruses that had attacked my other PC, I went up to the city to see two of my nephews walk in the parade. There was loads going on around the city so twas good crack. After the parade which had started about 1ish, I met up with my mates and we went on the first half of our pub crawl.

We did all the proper pubs, what we'd normally term as 'old mens pubs' compared to the more commercial ones. In these we had tons of Irish music, people just walking in with their instruments and just playing with each other. Tis always cool. Then we went back to Michelle's where we changed for the night ahead and watched the parades from around the world and country. Some of those were hilarious, so with shamrocks still painted onto our faces but sans the green wigs xD
we went out on the town for the night. Made it to a karaoke bar as well (seriously thought they had died out =)) ) and of course we had to get up and sing a few xD and even did a rendition of Riverdance xD xD
needless to say I am thrilled I don't live in the city and won't have the owners of these establishments keeping an eye out to ban us in future.

Great time was had by all

Lá feile Pádraig

So I swear... yesterday I saw more redheaded people when I went out than I ever did before in one day in my life.
So I have two theories.[ol][li]There was some sort of convention in town that I wasn't told about.</LI>
<LI>[li]They all come out of their holes in the ground for the one day in the year when society embraces instead of shuns them.[/li][/ol]

TBPH, I had forgotten that yesterday was St. Paddy's Day :doh: I didn't wear green at all and got pinched for it :glare: Didn't drink a drop of alcohol. So yeah, I pretty much fail =))

Lola Mason said:
TBPH, I had forgotten that yesterday was St. Paddy's Day :doh: I didn't wear green at all and got pinched for it :glare: Didn't drink a drop of alcohol. So yeah, I pretty much fail =))
Evidently.
I must admit I didn't wear green, either.
But nobody pinched me at all. :r
I think red hair is enough for some people. Or they write me off as a scot, in which case they understand any rebellion I might have to such a day. xDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back