Guns: Allowed or Banned?

Should guns be banned all together, out of military lines?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• In some places

• Total voters
Marko Prince said:
Okay so your saying that banning drugs haven't stopped it, well really It kind of has. If drugs were legal there would be a lot more people using or taking them.
Not necessarily true.
I believe it is the Netherlands which made Marijuana generally legal and has found there has been a lot less drug related crime in the country and actually less people are using it now that it's only controlled and not illegal. :)

Okay maybe i was wrong but in the terms of guns then I would say I am correct. ( I do not know I am only suggesting/thinking I am correct) .

Listen, we had a lot of violent gangs in Lanarkshire and Glasgow areas, using knifes. Stabbing people/other gangs , fighting to the extreme. If guns were legal and easier to buy then it would have be guns they would be using and much more life's took from this earth.

While this issue is something that we all encounter around the world, I'm am going to stay within the confines of the US, as I live there and know it more than other locations.

In the US, citizens have the right to bear arms. Weather one likes that wording or not, such it is. However, I don't think it is necessary to have too much beyond a handgun for personal defensive purposes. If a person breaks into your house, unless they are loaded with a well stocked arsenal (which is unlikely), a handgun will do fine to deter them (or a Great Dane, booyah). Owning a shotgun is probably unnecessary, and semi-automatic weapons for personal use is outright unnecessary. Now, in my hometown and at college I've never really had the need for guns. In high school, the few times guns came about in talk was when some (pardon my French) asstard middle class white kid brought one to school to show off and be cool. However, if I felt that the area in which I lived warranted the ownership of a gun, for my own safety and that of those around me, I would probably get one.

In terms of hunting, I don't find it particularly interesting or necessary to the human experience. However, in a practical issue, it might be occasionally necessary. In my hometown, there are a lot of deer (I ask that you do not underestimate 'a lot'). This is because when cities and towns were built in my area, deer's predators were killed off. As such, they breed like rabbits, and the local governments allow hunting in certain areas at certain times of the year to curtail the deer population to not absurd levels.

Now, in terms of getting a firearm: it should be hard as all hell to get your hands on one, unless you're a cop or other profession that requires it. But there's a careful balancing act with this, but let me get some background out of the way first. As humans, we want what we cannot have. In the 1920s, when the US government prohibited alcohol, gangs and the mafia made riches off illegally selling and making it. As an extrapolation, when you ban something, there almost immediately grows a black market industry for that product. (Drugs, pirated movies and music, when a particular item gets banned in schools). As a logical conclusion, it's probably safe to say that an outright ban on firearms would result in an enormous black market that would create more violence than there is now.

Don't get me wrong, though, I believe that firearms should be highly controlled and difficult to get, but purchasable nonetheless. And many should not be purchasable for civilian use at all (automatics, etc... Even though that totally goes back on my whole banning things argument). Additionally, penalties for handgun violence should be harsher, as an extra deterrent.

If Guns Are Outlawed, Then Only The Outlaws Will Have Guns.

99% of outlaws have illegal/unregistered guns.

THe people who died at all of those shootings, even if guns had been banned, that shooting would still of happened.

What about the store clerks that use guns as adefence aganst robbers?

I got to admit, I think AMerica is fine with having guns but where I came from 'Britain' , its a much happier place without guns.

I agree now with everyone who is saying here, that they would bear arms. I would if I lived in the US, even though I hate guns and feel that they are terrible. For mine and my families safety I would have a gun in my home.

Marko, i see what your saying.

But if guns were banned in Britan, you wouldn'y have a gun, but the thief or murderer would.

I reply my quote: If Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns!

Franz Mc Franklen said:
Marko, i see what your saying.

But if guns were banned in Britan, you wouldn'y have a gun, but the thief or murderer would.

I reply my quote: If Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns!
Actually no I will argue again.

In the US, there is or was gun fights in the streets.... where I lived in the UK, there was fighting and knife fights though not guns.

In my opinion, the right to bear arms should never have been introduced anywhere. That is my opinion and I am entitled to that opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back