GRYFFINDORS TO THE PITCH

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda Fiorelli had thought she had the world at her feet, had thought she had it all pretty much sown up. That she knew where she was going with her life and knew who she was going there with, now nothing was certain any more and she was up in a heap. The only thing that kept her going for now was quidditch and the long awaited try-outs and practice sessions. She had kept her own game on through out the first semester and knew some of the old team would have done the same, now it was time to find new meat for the team and hope that they could build up a decent team for the coming year.

Standing by the Gryffindor bench after taking out the Gryffindor practice trunk with the quaffle, bludgers and snitch she inhaled deeply, enjoying the smell of the freshly cut grass and the cool breeze. It was a good day for flying and so far rain clouds were staying far away. Sitting astride her broom she hovered a while waiting for the team to come out and waiting for any newbies to show up.

One of things that Immy had always wanted to do was try out for the team. And although her heart wasn't in it so much, she had spent a long time getting good and she had to keep pretending that everything was alright to the point where she had to decide if she would wait another year or try out despite all things. After her first classes, it had been her decision that trying out for the team would definitely not make people think that anything was wrong. Of course it would seem that while she tried so hard someone mint figure it out. The Welsh girl was willing to put that on the line. She was up and ready within minutes. Putting her hair back in a ponytail, the blonde grabbed her black Gryffindor hoody and walked to the pitch. She had opted for a pair of jogging trousers, whih were a little big for Immy, but with the amount of growing she'd done lately it wouldn't be long until they were a snug fit.

The pitch was empty when she reached it. Immy went to the broom cupboard and took the usual broom she always took. She hide it behind all the rest of them just so no one else would take it. Immy didn't have enough money for her own broom, so this for the time would have to do. She walked out to the pitch, thinking that this was a good decision. It would be good for her. Vent her fustration into a friendly sports game. She spotted the captain in the middle of the pitch and smiled at her.

"Hey Andy!" The young Gryffindor greeted the other girl.

Andy was deep in thought that she hadn't even noticed the young Gryffindor go to the broom shed and it was only when she greeted her that she was startled out of her reverie. Blinking herself sharply back to reality she turned her head and smiled at Imogen Day. They weren't greatly known to one another but they had chatted a few times.
"Hello Immy, coming to try out for the team then?" she smiled at her, it would be great if she got a few other new people down today but she wouldn't hold her breath. She was simply hoping that some of the old team would be back as well.

Tohoru hurried down to the pitch. He had no idea why he was trying out for the team but he was going to do it. Grabbing a broom from the broom shed, Tohoru made his way over to the two girls. One he knew as Imogen and the other must be Andy. "Um hey there I have come to try out for the team." Tohoru said with a loop sided smile on his face.

Andromeda smiled at the boy as he made his way to the pitch, headed for the broom shed and came near them.
"Hey there" she smiled, "look not to sound mean or anything but neither of you have your own brooms at all?" as ok as the school brooms were they weren't fast or powerful in any way and up against the streaks and firebolts that were going to be out on the pitch today, she wanted everyone to have a fair chance.

"We'll be doing individual circuits to begin with so you can both borrow my broom for your turn, it'll even up the playing field at least. Just be careful with her" she grinned. Andy's broom had been a gift from her uncle, a scarlet streak with an inscription on the side and a wolf's head engraved on the cuff. On the ground lay the beaters bat she seldom used during an actual game as she herself slotted into chaser position or keeper but for practice she wasn't adverse to bashing out a few bludgers now and again.
"So what's your name?" removing her wand she gave a flick of it and a clipboard with a muggle pencil attached was summoned from the bench to her. She handed it to Imogen first and asked her to simply write her name down and to then pass it on to the boy.

Trinity Cornwell walked slowly onto the pitch and looked about her, every day saw her getting more and more in tune with her magic side something she had never thought possible. It was hard to imagine that the girl she was just a year ago was somewhat altered. She was beginning to really like her time at Hogwarts but she knew most of that was only possible because of Tony her best friend. It was also because her grandparents were both sick so often now and over the holidays she had discovered brochures for a retirement home. Her parents had no intention of coming to New Zealand and setting up home or of behaving like the parents they were supposed to be. So she knew it was get used to Hogwarts or be damned and she had no intention of being damned at 12 years of age.

With the newest edition to her inventory, Trinity tapped the catapult in the back pocket of her tracksuit pants; she had not told her grandfather that she had given it to her best friend of all time but instead that she had lost it, so the two spent as much time over the vacastion fashioning another. It wasn't nearly as good as her first one but then replacement things never usually were in her view. She had her wand in her other pocket and holding the broom her grandparents had bought for her for Christmas she kept walking out to the small group. It was a firebolt and though she had only ever flown in her first year class she was determined to make use of it now. It was going to be nerve wracking up in the air and she had no doubt that if Tony was watching, he'd crease himself laughing at her. She looked terrified as she walked out to join the three other students on the pitch. Attempting to smile nearly made her fall over her broom she was that nervous.
"Try outs today?" she smiled trying to stand in her most nonchalant pose.

Once again try-outs for the Quidditch team where taking place. After the previous season's diabolical performance, Ruki wondered whether or not to even head down to the pitch for the day. He had spent a few days over Christmas flying around the stadium, with there being significantly less students hogging the air space. Not having to go home at such a time was okay with him. The thought of staying at the half-way house had crossed his mind, but the thought of packing, and the thought of his parents, put him off even thinking about leaving. Pulling his Scarlet Streak from beneath his bed, Ruki stood for a moment in front of a mirror. He wasn't really in the mood for trying to join the team. The sudden image of Patricia beating him for not using her gift caused the young wizard to grin, which lead to a smile; and then to laughter. Shaking his head, Ruki turned; and made his way down to the common room, and out into the corridor. No-one else looked to be on their way down, so the sixth year set off at a steady stroll. Either they where all on the pitch already, or they hadn't bothered to try out themselves.

After reaching the pitch, the young wizard caught sight of a few bodies lurking the side of the field. One of which caused a slight twinge in his stomach. The events of the previous semester had almost been forgotten about, especially the strange feelings he had been having around the girls he knew. The sixth year had spent some time reflecting on the evening of the Yule Feast. The night had been a lot of fun, and, if given the chance, would be something he would do again. Talking to Lola for the evening had also been enjoyable, and, the more he thought about it, was certainly something he wished to do more often. There was something about her, underneath her shyness and tendency to talk a lot when she did speak. As much as thought he liked the attention of the new girl though, Ruki had neglected Patricia for a time; and he couldn't help but now feel guilty.

Not realising he had been day-dreaming, Ruki, now leaning against his broom, suddenly remembered where he was; as his eyes focused upon the stands across the field. Taking a deep breath, the young wizard turned his head to the side; taking in the faces he may, or may not, have seen before. Fully hoping he wouldn't have to actually try out, Ruki gave a feeble smile, and the tiniest of waves, towards Andromeda. Maybe he should have remained in his dorm room.

Damian strolled onto the Quidditch pitch with his brother's training broom in his hand. It was an old firebolt, because sadly enough, Damian did not have a broom to call his own yet. Damian skipped down to the other Gryffindors and he greeted rather happily, "Hiya fellow lion cubs!" Damian recently learned that their mascot or whatever was a lion. How cute was that? Damian had a bright smile on his face, and his teal eyes sparkled with glee. Though his hair was tied back, the only way to tell that he wasn't a female was a close look at his body. No curves and flat chested. Damian inquired the oldest girl that had the most pretty amber eyes he had ever seen in his life, "This is...try outs for the team, yes? I want to try out too!" Damian was so enthusiastic! He was just waiting for his moment to shine! His brother was a Quidditch player, so it ran in Damian's blood. Unless it came from Dietrich's mom, then Damian would have no talent at all. Luckily, he knew his own techniques.

Andy smiled as others came and breathed a sigh of relief as one of the older team mates came along. She hadn't seen Ruki since before the holidays and felt as if they were avoiding one another for some bizarre reason but now was not the time to think of any of this. Smiling at the young girl and then the other girl... Andy did a double take not quite sure if the person before her actually was a girl or not. If the 'cub' was a boy then he was the prettiest boy she had ever seen and was practically envious of how he looked.

"Hey I'm Andromeda the Gryffindor captain and chaser but please call me Andy. We'd love for you all to try out, there's a clipboard being passed about so if you just put your name down on it and say what year you're in that'd be great. I'll just wait another bit for the stragglers, there's always some" she smiled, looking at the motley crew before her.

Tohoru could have smacked his self he knew he should have borrowed Eden's broom. "I will be back in a moment I am going to run and grab my sisters emerald streak. I just remembered she had it with her. Like a flash Tohoru was off.

No more than five minutes later Tohoru returned with the broom in hand. "Sorry about that. I am waiting for my mum to mail me a broom of my own but until than I can use my sisters she does not play quidditch she just likes to fly when she has some down time." Tohoru looked around at the other people on the team and grinned it looked like there was going to be some new blood on the team Tohoru included if he got on.

Damian greeted the captain now known as Andromeda, but also known as Andy, "Pleasure to meet you!" Damian bowed slightly, out of respect, before he had the clipboard in his head. Damian set the broom on the ground, via bending his knees and almost lady-like, and he sighed his name with plenty of curls and fanciness. Damian put down that he was a second year, and passed it along. Damian couldn't wait to ride the broom. It would be a bit of a surprise to some as to see how he sometimes rode the broom. Damian went over the positions in his mind. He wouldn't mind being a chaser, but he could be a keeper, or even a seeker or a beater. Who knew? Damian only held a triumphant smile on his face. Damian didn't know who that other boy was talking to, but paid him no mind.

Kat knew that today Andy was going to be holding try-outs for next years quidditch team. It made her a little sad to think that this would be the very last time she'd ever get to see most of her team members play on the school team and probably the last time she'd ever get to play with any of them. Pulling the elastic from her wrist she secured her long brown hair in a low ponytail before grabbing her Scarlet Streak and heading down to the pitch.

When she arrived she saw that a fair amount of people had already showed up. Some she knew and others she didn't. Finding her best friend she headed over to where Andy was talking to as group of the students. "Figured I might as well get my lazy arse up and out of the castle for a while. What do you need me to do Miss Captain?"

Andy jumped off her broom and grinned as one of the boys took off like a bat out of hell and wondered what was wrong with him. In the mean time she checked the trunk to make sure the equipment was all there as she chatted with some of the students standing about. Hearing a familiar voice she practically squealed and threw her arms around Kat. She hadn't thought her bff would have come to the pitch today but she was mighty glad she had. They had been one hell of a captain duo together, so the try-outs should definitely run smoothly now that she was here.
"Kat, thank you for coming down. I always forget how nervous these things make me feel. Nearly peed in my pants when one of them legged it a min... oh, he's back" she smiled as the boy explained about getting a broom and Andy could only chuckle again as she looked to Katalina.

"It looks like we'll be gearing for a whole new team at this rate, all except for myself and Ruki that is. None of the others have bothered to show" she checked her watch just incase and sighed.
"I guess I'll get the others here to do a stint up in the air first to show me what they've got, then we can do a small practice game. Tell me you're hanging around for a while, I know you've to study and everything but I need you." she did the big baleful eyes gig at Kat hoping it'd work like so many other times before.

Kat was nearly knocked over when her best friend threw her arms around her. Laughing she said, "Of course I'd be here. And you're gonna be fine...you always were the stronger of the two of us anyways so quit worrying over nothing. Oh, and don't pee your pants because I'll never let you live it down." She patted Andy on the back knowing that she'd definitely be the best captain that the team had seen. "New blood might be a good thing." The seventh year looked around at the fresh crop of potential players and smiled as she remembered her very first tryout for the Pride. It seemed like ages ago.

Making Andy wait for just a moment she grinned widely and said, "I suppose I could find some time to stick around and help. Might give everyone some incentive to show off their best moves if they know that they've got a pro quidditch player in their midst." Having not told her best friend about being recruited by the Wimbourne Wasps, Kat wondered if Andy would catch on.

Victor ran to the pitch counting on making it to Gryffindor try out. He had his sight on being a beater or probably a chaser. He would do good in any position, thanks to a fellow Gryffindor he had the basic set down already. Just a little more practice and he was good to go. He reach the pitch holding his roommates firebolt. He was gonna go for a nimbus 2001 but his friend had stop him before he left his dormitory. Thank goodness for that or else he probably be laugh at for what he was holding. "Hey, Gryffindor try-outs?" he look naturally to the oldest amongst the group. He was hype, excited the most but play it well phasing his emotion all at once. "Names Victor, ready whenever" he grin wildly, his hand clutching his friend's firebolt.

Andy sighed looking at the bunch before them.
"Kat, new blood seems to be all we've got" a slight nervous chuckle and for the first time in what seemed forever she thought of Bruin had how he had made being a captain look so easy. She wished then fervently for the days when all she had to do was worry about impressing him on the pitch, long before the days of wanting to impress it off it.

Another recruit arrived just as Kat dropped the comment about having a pro player on the team and at first distracted it went right over Andy's head but slowly she looked back at her best friend as the sickle dropped and realization dawned. Her eyes widened.
"Oh Merlin!" she exclaimed flinging her arms about her best friend and not caring if the newbies to the team thought their captain nuts, "that is soooo cool. Which team, when? Damn this is wicked."

With that she released her and turned to others.
"Alright you lot, take it in turns, queue up here. I want to see you fly from the south hoops straight down to the north hoops, circle each one before racing back up to circle these hoops. I will be timing you all and to add a bit more pressure ... you'll also have a real life pro quidditch player watching your asses" she grinned turning to wave her hand at Katalina, totally chuffed for her.
"Ok... on my whistle... first person...wheeeeewhp" she blew the whistle loudly and watched the first person take to the sky and from then on each one on the pitch took their turn.

it doesn't matter who goes first but I want a decent rp of doing the three lengths of the pitch as indicated. This is a speed test but keep it real ;) Remember the length that a quidditch pitch is and the type of broom you are supposed to have. :) Have fun.

Stood at the side of the pitch wasn't something the sixth year wished to be doing the longer he stood there. In fact, the longer he stood there, the more he wanted to leave. As many new faces continued to arrive, it made little sense as to why he would even need to try out for the team. With no others from the previous year other than Andromeda, surely he would at least retain a position. Spotting another younger girl, the young wizard noticed the polite bow she gave towards Andromeda. Ruki smiled at the thought of another student, besides himself, with a good set of manors. Moments later, Katalina arrived; and Ruki suddenly thought once more about Lola. It had been Katalina who had encouraged her cousin to go to the Yule Feast, and picked out the outfit for her. Seeing what the fellow Gryffindor herself was wearing at the moment, Ruki knew she had great taste; and that he would have to catch up with Lola soon. Over-hearing Andromeda mention a full new team, Ruki took another look around at all the new faces. Many of them seemed to be much younger than the three current members of the team. Maybe with enough practice, each of them would still be a part of the team, and winning, in their sixth years.

After several minutes, Ruki caught the excited exclamations from his friend; and figured something good was at least happening to one of the girls. Re-positioning himself against his broom, the sixth year scanned the stadium. It looked much different from on the ground, and he doubted that he had even been stood on it this long before. Snapping his attention back to Andromeda however, things where about to become a little more active. Try-outs where to begin. As Andromeda gave instructions, Ruki briefly listened. It would be a simple enough task to do. Hearing that there was a professional Quiddich player watching them, the young wizard turned to check the stands behind him; not seeing anyone sitting in them. A little confused, Ruki turned back; before realising it must be Katalina, hence the small out-burst from Andromeda moments earlier. Not overly keen on Quidditch as a whole, the sixth year knew he would never become a professional player. For someone else to have done so, however, was pretty good. "Congratulations Miss Vanderhol.", Ruki smiled towards her. It never crossed his mind that he had never called her Katalina once over the few times they had met. As the whistle sounded, and the try-outs began, Ruki chose to sit to the side. If he had to take to the air, he would go up a little later. Picking up his broom, swinging it slightly, the young wizard moved towards the stands; and took up a seat.

"New blood might be a good thing...you can train them up way you want them," Kat said laughing a little, sensing that her best friend was about to freak out at any given moment. When Andy finally caught on the seventh year beamed from ear to ear. She hugged her friend back tightly as she replied, "Wimbourne Wasps. Chace and I are moving back to England the week after graduation. I'm so excited, but I feel really nervous too. Big leagues and all that." It was true, Kat was nervous as hell about playing in the pros because she knew it was going to be nothing like playing at school. They had higher expectations and she just hoped that she'd be able to keep up to snuff with the rest of her team mates.

Andy soon called the try-outs to a start and the Gryffindor was excited to watch the new breed of potential Pride members. She smirked when the redhead told them that they had a pro player watching their performance. She was just about to mount her own broom so she could watch their exercise from the air when she heard someone say something to her. Kat grinned and said, "Thanks Ruki!" Kicking off she whipped up in the air and watched as each of the potential team members took their turn up the pitch.

Trinity had stood around watching everyone come and introduce themselves and as the paper came her way she signed her name to it before passing it on. She wasn't phased in the slightest at the idea of trying out with a quidditch pro watching them, she had only decided at the last minute that she was even going to bother at all. Her flying lessons the year before had gone responsibly well, ok they had been mortifying to say the least but she had been practicing on and off since they returned for the semester.

As the whistle blew she waited for the first person to move forward and as no one seemed willing she sighed and stepped forward.
"I'll go first then" she was probably not as tall as everyone else in fact she seemed to be a bit shorter all round but this also didn't phase her. Trinity climbed trees and rooftops and got up to all sorts of mischief when she could, so knew she had confidence in abundance for this. Straddling her broom she kicked off and steadily rose into the air. Her hands seemed to slide a little on the shaft of the broom, sweat moistening her hands from nervousness. She headed in the direction that they had been told or at least she hoped she was, circling the hoops before turning slowly to race back up the pitch. She knew her turns still needed some practice but she was getting there, Trinity just hoped that by the time the games started again next year she would be ready.

Her speed increased as she gained more confidence in the air and powered onwards to the next set of hoops. These too she circled before returning to the ground and checking the stop watch for her time. It wasn't majorly impressive but she was happy with it and smiled at the group standing there before walking over to the bench and sitting down to watch the next person take off.

Time: 00:0:cry:42

Tohoru watched as the first girl go. She seemed like she was a bit unsure of what she was doing. Tohoru hopped that if she made the team she would start feeling more at ease on the broom. Tohoru wanted to get up in the air already he had made it seem like he could not fly around Hilde but the truth is he had been stealing his sisters brooms every chance he could. At last it was his turn. Throwing his leg over his broom Tohoru pushed off and felt the wind start to blow through his hair.

Leaning foreword Tohoru pushed the Streak hard. He wanted to fill the weightless feeling he had felt once before and there was only one way to do that. Feeling the wind push against him Tohoru kept pushing the broom until he knew he hit max speed. Flying along the pitch, Tohoru came up on the first set of goal posts and wove in and out of them. Rounding the bend Tohoru laid flat on his broom as he flew straight. Setting his eyes on the next set of goals Tohoru stayed flat and wove through them as well. One trip around the pitch only two more to go. Tohoru sat back up. His heart was pounding and he was feeling free. There was no girl drama up here with him. There was nothing but him and his broom. Letting out a whoop of happiness Tohoru completed his run around the pitch before turning his broom to the ground.

Feeling the broom racing to the ground Tohoru waited until the last second to pull his broom straight and stop it right in front of Andy. A huge grin on his face Tohoru jumped off his broom and looked at the stop watch. It was a alright time Tohoru would do better next time. He hopped he made the team after that feeling Tohoru just knew that he had to make the team it seemed like this was going to be the only place where Tohoru could feel free.

Time:00:02:50

Kida ran down to the Pitch, she was a bit behind she decided to go to bed early the night before so she was ready for quidditch practice, but as usual she continued to study and completely forget about her planned early bedtime.
Kida flew out of bed and grabbed her broom and bat, pulling on her Black quiddich practice pants and throwing on her Red T-Shirt as she moved through Dorm 4 and down to the Pitch.
Kida ran onto the Field and waved at Andy as she came to stop beside her "Hey Hi, Sorry Late, reday lets do this" she said catching her breath as she stopped.
she was just intime to hear her give instructions.

"Good Work Tohoru, I Guess i'll go next" she said trying to still be cheery towards Tohoru. Kida mounted her broom and Kicked off and sent her broom flying right up towards the South Hoops, her brand new Moontrimmer Served her well, it may not have been the fastest broom in the world but it was an excellent broom none the less, Kida got ready at the south posts and swung her broom around to face the Norths end.
Kida was ready and she leaned forward focusing on her Target, as her broom took off she felt her hair lift up from around her neck and flow back with the wind and it passed around her body and broom as she flew, using the skills of her broom to her advantage she flew up to gain height, Moontrimmers handle heights well so her broom should perform better, Kida neare the North Hoops and she dropped one leg down to do a quick Turn and she circled the middle Goal Post before the bottom two and shot off towards the South end again the wind moved around her again as she sped up and her hair Whipped around her, one of the best feelings was soaring through the air.
Again like at the North end Kida circled the Goal posts by dropped her legs to act asa if she was touching the invisible ground to do a quick Turn a skill which was useful for when she was doing Beater you often had to turn to chase a Bludger but boy was it fun.
Kida continued doing two more rounds at the same pace, but picking it up ever so slighly to push the broom to go faster.

Kida flew back towards he ground and dismounted easily and swung her broom to Under her Arm, she smiled, Best way to wake up ever.

Kida grinned as she checked the time on the watch.

Time: 00:02:53

Damian mounted his firebolt, and he hovered in the air. There was something up with the way he was on the broom however. He sat on it, his legs crossed femininely and it appeared like he was side-saddling the broom. Damian crossed his arms over his chest, as a lioness continued for her turn, and then an older boy. Damian fixed his hair which was tied back in a bow at this time. He was prepared. While the next lioness did her thing, Damian turned his attention to a very pretty older Gryffindor girl that announced she was in the pro-Quidditch league. "Oh, congratulations! That is so, like, awesome!" Damian clapped for Katalina. He didn't know her, but it was still sweet. Damian hummed and saw that the lioness, Kida, was through. "Guess I'll go."

Damian swung and corrected his position, and just like that, he was off toward the South hoops. Damian gripped the broom carefully, and he swerved around each and every hoop. Damian felt the broom want to swerve into another direction, but he growled in his throat as he corrected the handle to head down toward the North hoops. The wind felt great, and the Veela boy was a streak of beauty as he sped across the field like an arrow. He could not wait to get a streak so he could go faster than this. Swerving, he went around each hoop, doing one twice by mistake. Damian shrugged and he bolted down toward the others. He slowed down and he smiled graciously.

He resumed the side-saddle position and continued to hover just high enough where his toes were not touching the ground. Damian hoped that he passed the test at any cost. He really wanted to play Quidditch, and he thought that maybe, he should try for Seeker. It would be awesome, nonetheless. Damian pushed some of his fallen hair out of his face, and his teal, oceanic eyes sparkled as he continued to smile. There was just so much happiness to him when he flew! Damian adored flying!

Time: 0:cry:01

Remaining in the stands, Ruki continued to watch a handful of potential team members take to the skies; aiming for a quick time around the hoops. The longer he sat there, the less he wanted to go up and do the same thing; so simply decided not to. He wouldn't require a decent time and speed if he was to take up position as a Beater, only upper-body strength; and a half-decent aim. So with one out of two, the young wizard knew he could work on his aiming during team practices. Watching each house-mate take their turn, the ex-Durmstrang was impressed by each of their determination to make an impression. Although, if it was up to him, he would have a handful of balls flying about; giving them all something to chase.

As the polite young girl signalled her turn, Ruki almost had to look her over twice. Sitting up slightly, the sixth year shook his head in confusion. Everything about the student was feminine. Hair; eyes; face; posture. Surely she could really be a he. Laughing to himself at the easy mistake he had made, Ruki sat back in the seat; and watched the young wizard take his turn. If this was the only thing the group was going to do today, he would take leave early. Maybe he could catch up with Lola, and get to know her a little more.

Noah stretched in his bead, his eyes flickering open after yet another late night. Why wasn't he committing to school much this year? Why! Leaning up in his bed, Noah only just realized that Quidditch try out were today. Almost catapulting out of his bed, Noah landed onto his feet and through on his gear, before rushing to grasp his broom and rocketing off down to the Quidditch Pitch. Coming to a halt when he got down there, Noah gave a nod to all the others that were there, a smile on his face. "Lot's of new faces this year, aye?" Noah chuckled as he stretched into the air, his broom in hand.

Watching as the students before him rocketed around, Noah couldn't help but dart a dagger or two over at Andromeda, however, he said nothing. This was a time trial, something that Noah needed not for the position of Beater - however - to impress, he decided against being a smart-ass and just went for it. Looking at the most recent Wizard to take to the air come to a graceful return, Noah nodded. "I'm up next then aye?" he smirked as he unsheathed a beaters bat from his side. He knew it wasn't going to be needed for flying around to get the best time, but giving his arm a quick stretch wouldn't hurt.

Kicking off, soaring into the air, posture straight as ever, Noah rocketed off to the South hoops, spinning his bat as he went. There was a strike here and there, but nothing special. Tossing his bat ahead of him, Noah barrel rolled and then abruptly stopped the roll when he was sitting back up the right way. Leaning into his broom, he shoot for his bat - catching it with the most accuracy. Sure enough, with the immense training he had been putting himself through; mentally and physically - it was paying off.

Darting through the hoops, Noah spiraled gracefully off of his post, and darted back down in the direction of the others. Throwing his bat right down in the direction of Andromeda, Noah leaned into his broom and blasted off at the group of potential team mates. Noah was flying through the air like a bird, gracefully readying to touch down. Noah's bat planted itself forcefully in the ground between the footing of Andromeda, and Noah took to touching down to the floor with the most grace. Looking at the time, Noah smirked slightly, it wasn't bad - but he could have done better.

Walking over to the captain, Noah retrieved the bat and looked at the floor, where there lay a spider flat as anything. "Guess I'm just good with a bat, huh? he smirked at Andy, trying to seem as if the actions in the passed hadn't effected him. Flying truly made him more calm and collected. Peering off to the stands where the Ruki fellow sat, Noah gave him a nod - as if to show the respect for the position that the other man wanted.

Time: 02:50

Victor listens intensely while holding the broom in between his right hand, his fingers lacing a big grip of the firebolt. From the looks of those trying out today, they all seem to have pretty descent brooms. His friend’s firebold didn’t come close to what the latest model look like. But being a muggel-born and super excited as well nervous about the try-outs he didn’t care what broom he had at this point. All he wanted to do was give his all and if it be that he makes the team; it be great! If not there was always next year.

When it was time to shine, Victor took for the skies without a struggle. He was already leaning forward when he was at a high altitude and was starring the broom towards the south of the pitch. He at first went at a good pace, leaning forward but was careful when he weave towards the left than right. Having control was always a difficult task; Victor struggle when he had to turn to his left and he hadn’t even start the test yet. He heard the whistle and has zoom past the south post heading his direction towards the north. He felt his hair ruffle up a bit, the weather was hot but he felt cold when he kept pushing himself to faster and faster till he was near west of the pitch.

Victor had a hard time concentrated when he felt the sun blind him a little underneath his bouncy afro, he was close to actually hitting the side of the castle walls, but was saved when a whip of wind push his hair out of the way. He made a mental note next time to either get it braided or at least put in a ponytail if he wanted to play quidditch this year. He hit north in less than ten seconds, he was already directing the broom in between the set of the hoops. He let out a grunt determine to finish this task, even pretended to have a quaffle. He had to be able to guide one hand with the broom while his other hand pretended to throw a ball an each one. Once he hit the last hoop, he flew right back down to the south pitch again. He imitated the same motion, when he was done he was pleased with himself. Though the timing was a bit surprising even for him, just a little faster and he probably could have done better.

Time: 00:02:57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back