Gryffindor Pride

"Sounds like a date" Mike said with a devilish smile and a wink towards Andy, showing that he was joking. Mike. "So Fiorelli" Mike said noting that they had returned to calling each other by surnames "Have a plan?" Mike asked, "Or is it a full out, goose chase?" Mike asked, gripping tightly onto his broom, not wanting to fall off it, not fancying the height of the drop. "Personally I think we should scrap a game plan, if we have one and take it on the chest, and just have fun" Mike honestly said,voicing his opinion. Mike turned his attention to Bruin, and then to Andy. "What do you think... Fiorelli" Mike added pulling a tongue, thinking how old school that just sounded.

Andy heard the date quip and laughingly shook her head. Goulding was always up for a muck about and she had been counting on it.
"Ok well it looks for sure like we have us three against you lot then. Foxes against the chickens. If you all agree to be chased about by the bludgers instead of quaffles then we can do what Mike said and just have fun with it. Or we can use the quaffles but also use our wands to expediate things a little" Andromeda grinned at their captain and thought if he made one more comment about her 'big mouth' then he would definitely be one of the first marked on her hit list.

Cyndi caught her breath and then joined the rest of them in the air. They seemed to be discussing what to do for practice. "Hey don't forget me. If we're gonna use wands we have to make sure we divide up evenly because if Bruin and I end up on the same team, we'll demolish whoever's on the other side" Cyndi ended with a smirk as she trash talked a little. It was all in fun, and in fact, she had enormous respect for each and every one of her teammates.

Bruin considered the options, using a Quaffle and wands vs. beating a bludger...what should they do? There was less likelihood of injury witht he Quaffle, but more chance for developing game-type skills using bats and bludgers. The goal of the practice was for the team to get as prepared as possible for their upcoming matches and he knew that Andy wanted to train as a Beater so he made his decision. "Alright, everybody grab a bat and I'll release a bludger when you're ready. Try and take it easy at first and keep your eye on the bludger at all times, I don't want anyone getting hurt!" Bruin stated as he flew down towards the Quidditch trunk and prepared to distribute the bats.

Kat listened intently as everyone discussed the options for playing. She herself was all for playing with the quaffle, but it seemed like everyone else was keen on playing with the bludgers. This has disaster written all over it she thought with a nervous twist in her stomach, but didn't want to be the odd man out so she agreed with a simple nod. Maybe I can stay away from the bludger enough to where I won't actually have to hit it Kat thought as she flew back down and waited for everyone else to come and get their bats as well. Beater was by far Kat's worse position as she didn't have enough hand eye coordination to aim and successfully swing at the bludger AND stay on her broom at the same time so she'd have to totally tune out everything else and keep her eye on that blasted little ball that could cause a fair amount of damage.

Andromeda's eyes gleamed, she felt like punching the air or even throwing her arms around Bruin and giving him a massive bear hug. This was just great! Dodging real bludgers would definitely be more worthwhile than a silly old quaffle that even her old grandmother could catch. She scoffed when he said that he didn't want anyone getting hurt before diving her broom down to get a bat for herself.

She started sizing up the opposition immediately and thought it would be a bit unfair of her to mark Kat or Cyndi as they were her room mates and might not be very forgiving if she were to whack the bludger too hard at them. She would try to go easy of course but she couldn't help it sometimes when her own strength seemed to amaze her. Andy wasn't Superman type of strong but for a girl who looked like a gust of wind would blow her over, she was bordering on freakishly strong. Kiera was probably off the cards as well then seeing as she also was her room-mate, that then only left Bruin. He would be a challenge and he was a beater already. Andy smiled, yep she liked those odds but decided to keep the others in her field of vision as well, knowing how accident prone her friend was she didn't want Goulding or Sparks laying Kat out cold either.

"I got my bat" she winked before flying back up by the Northern end hoops to wait for the others.

[will we use the grid to help us figure where everyone will be?]

(sounds like a plan... noobies in the north end, cool people with me in the south ;) )

"Alright, let's go folks...grab your bats and get yourself airborn. Cyndi, Kat and I at the South end...the rest of you can start with Andy near the North hoops." Bruin stated, hoping to get this little game going.

Mike picked his bat up off the floor, and mounted his broom again flying to the North End, waiting for Sparks to follow suit. Mike threw his bat up in the air, catching it, whilst waiting for the game to commence. This had been the first time he had been flying this year. The first was with Jaken. Mike thought that if he played against Slytherin this year, then Jaken would probably be playing, as would Bella. Now that will be a bit awkward Mike told himself, but put it at the back of his mind. he would cross that bridge when necessary. Mike set his mind ahead to the task ahead... crushing some Gryffindors. Well it will probably one of few occasions I get to Mike told himself, trying not to enjoy himself too much.

Ellie listened to the conversation end and grinned as Bruin decided on Bludgers and Bats. Diving down and lifting a bat, she followed Mike over to the North End of the pitch were the joined Andy and hovered, waiting for the Bludgers to be released. This should be good.. She told herself, looking around at her team-mates with a grin on her face, her eyes sparkling.

TEAM NAME: Northern Natives
POSITION: Proxy beater
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 200
STARTING LOCATION: NSA center hoop

Andy smiled as her two team mates joined her at the north end.
"Right you two, they'll most likely be expecting us to go boy on boy and girl on girl in marking but if neither of you mind I'm gonna mark Bruin. I'd feel guilty as hell if I ended up knocking one of my room mates out" she was honestly of the impression that she would be successful in her throttling of one of their players.
"Who are either of you going to mark?" she looked from one to the other before looking down the south end of the pitch.

ACTION TAKEN: greeting team-mates at NSA
POINTS USED: 0
POINTS REMAINING: 200
FINISHING LOCATION:NSA center hoop

TEAM NAME: Southern ???
POSITION: Beater (as usual!)
STARTING LOCATION: center of the pitch

Cyndi grabbed a bludger and headed to the South end of the pitch after hearing Bruin say that she would be playing on his side along with Kat against the rest of the group. Cyndi wondered how the rest of them would deal with the bludgers. She herself couldn't wait to start hitting the bludgers this way and that.

ACTION TAKEN: waiting by the Southern end of the pitch
FINISHING LOCATION:SSA

"Hmm" Mike said listening as Andy tried to predict what the other team would be doing. "Well in that case I suppose then I'll go for Kat" Mike said with a devilish grin. Mike readied his bat in his hand, practising swinging and hitting thin air. Well I suppose we'd better quickly get into the mood ready for a little competition. Gripping his broom tighter, Mike braced himself. This could turn out to be a victory or ultimate humiliation. Mike hoped to God, it wasn't the latter. Mike whistled to himself whilst waiting for the others to ready up.

ACTION TAKEN: Thinking ( ;) )

"Perfect. Ellie that leaves you with Cyndi. Keep it as tight as you can. They know more tricks than we do but we've got a damn sight more determination I think." she smiled waiting eagerly for the bludger to be released. It was almost as if the adrenaline pumping through her veins now was electrocuting her with massive sparks of energy, she was rearing to go. Both nervous and excited at the same time.
"Come on Captain, today already!" she hollered with laughter behind her voice.

ACTION TAKEN: goading Gryffindor team captain

TEAM NAME: Southern Seasoned SuperStars (not the Northern Noobs)
POSITION: Beater

Bruin released a Bludger from its restraints and watched as it hurtled skywards, drifting a little towards the North end of the pitch. He quickly seized his Beater's Bat, mounted his streak, and jetted off towards the South end of the pitch shouting something that sounded like "Take no prisoners!" to Kat and Cyndi, knowing that the young guns would be looking to impress.

ACTION TAKEN: preparing for some action
FINISHING LOCATION:SSE

Hilary had been exhausted after another full weekend of yearbook making. Deciding that she needed some fresh air after her nap she pulled out her broom and wandered out on the field. She saw several people floating above the pitch and then realized that it was her Quidditch team. "SHOOT! I'M MISSING PRACTICE!!!" she yelled way too loud. She hopped onto her Streak and flew over to where her captain was screaming a bit with his beater's bat, still wearing her backpack. "Hey Bruin, sorry I'm late, I've been swamped. So what did I miss?"

Kiera was running late to the only practice they had had all year. She couldnt believe she would have let something like this slip her mind. She groaned as she pulled her broom from under the bed. Kiera had half a mind to open the window and fly down to the pitch but she figured as a prefect that would give the first years a wrong idea. Kiera sighed as she began her long jog down to the pitch.

When Kiera arrived, she saw the team in the air. She wasnt quite sure where she fit in with the seemingly mock game. She sat down on the stands as she waited for a lull in the game so that she could figure out where she belonged.

[ok have edited post to try and bring Hilary and Kiera in to the mix ;) ]

TEAM NAME: Northern Natives (not the Southern Slickers :p )

Andromeda saw the bludger being released and smiled. This was what she wanted wasn't it? From the corner of her eye she saw someone else fly on to the pitch but at that point Andy couldn't care less with bat in hand she had noticed the bludger coming down the north end and decided to intercept it. She leaned low on her broom and flew into the the very right hand area NNE zone of the pitch having flown in a straight line from the center hoop. It really wasn't as easy as it looked carrying one of these bats and she hoped that she wouldn't make a complete fool of herself when she eventually got to swing at the bludger. Taking her eyes off the bludger for a moment Andy looked up to see Hilary at the south end of the pitch and wondered how they happened to have an extra player now when she spotted Kiera sitting down. Pulling up on her broom she shouted down to her to come up to their end of the pitch. Kiera had some nifty skills so would be an asset for sure on their side.
"Grab a bat Kiera" she hollered before the movement of something swift caught her eye. Turning she discovered the bludger was chasing her down and not the other way around.

ACTION TAKEN: chasing bludger, calling up Kiera and now aware of 'INCOMING'
FINISHING LOCATION:NNE

TEAM NAME: Southern Seasoned SuperStars

Bruin watched the bludger hurtle north and Andy's attempt to get involved in the play immediately, smiling a little at her courage and hoping that this wasn't a bad idea. He noticed that Hilary had joined the fray and that Kiera was now being encouraged to join as well and hoped that they felt good about joining in once they figured out what was going.

Bruin wheeled around on his broom and headed north towards the bludger and the opposition. This game would not be one in which he stayed back meekly, he would take some risks and live with the consequences. He let out a war cry and fell into the bludgers slipstream.

ACTION TAKEN: putting himself in harm's way
FINISHING LOCATION:SE

[at this rate Bruin and Andy will be playing one on one...where is everyone? :huh: ]

STARTING LOCATION: NNE

Everything seemed to be an actual blur from there on in, Andy saw the bludger coming and realised she had never been on the receiving end of it before. Thrilling sure, exciting definitely, scary absolutely but all combined to give her the push she needed. Andy sped forward some more so that she was pretty much on top of the bludger, swinging slightly to the left on her broom she brought her right hand holding the bat back before giving the bludger a good old whack sending it careening up into the south end of the pitch, towards Bruin. Her arm felt sore from such a whallop but if she was ever going to become a beater then she would simply have to learn how to pummel the crap out of these extremely strong bludgers. As strong as she was that whallop alone had taken some energy. Holding on to her broom with her left hand she hovered in the center of the pitch to see if it would connect or not.

ACTION TAKEN: whacked bludger to SE
POINTS USED: 30
POINTS REMAINING: 170
FINISHING LOCATION:NE

thought this might help posting it here so that people didn't have to go back and forth to rules.
Beaters:
Hit Someone Else with Bludger = -10
Hit Bludger = -30 points
Protect someone from being hit by bludger = -15
Be hit by Bludger = +10 points

STARTING LOCATION: SSA

Cyndi heard Bruin shout at them to take no prisoners before flying away toward the center of the pitch. She took a practice swing of the bludger and watched as the bludger flew toward Andy who swang at it in awesome fashion. Surely, she would make a great beater with a swing like that. In a split second though, Cyndi realized that the bludger was heading straight for Bruin. Determined to not let him have all the fun, Cyndi began to fly toward the center of the pitch where the bludger seemed to be headed.

ACTION TAKEN: heading for the action
FINISHING LOCATION:SSE

STARTING LOCATION: Quidditch Trunk

The Bludger had been resting comfortably, all tethered and secured by its straps, in the Quidditch Trunk when it had been unceremoniously moved and dropped onto the ground. It immediately sprang to life and began straining against the leather straps that bound it within the trunk. Suddenly, the big handsome boy who often released him appeared and removed the restraints and the Bludger shot towards the sky. As it coasted lazily across the pitch, a rude young girl approached and walloped it in another direction. Oh, you'll be getting that back in spades, the Bludger thought to itself as it careened off towards the larger and more experienced Beaters to the south.

The Bludger continued to hurtle south, rapidly closing in on the brawny looking one whom already had his bat raised.

ACTION: Being released and then knocked about by the redheaded one
FINISHING LOCATION:NE

STARTING LOCATION: SE

Bruin pulled up on his broom and watched with bated breath as Andy sped towards the Bludger with bat raised. He couldn't help but smile when she struck it solidly, although the smile left his face when he recognized that she had not only hit it with pace, but right at him to boot. He raised his own bat as he had done so many times before and flew in a slow arc towards it, looking as though he were ready to pummel it back in Andy's direction.

At the last moment, Bruin altered his swing and shifted to his right. The bludger was deflected towards Cyndi instead as she sped northwards. He hoped that she realized that he was offering her a pass and didn't nail it into his backside.

ACTION TAKEN: deflecting the bludger to Cyndi

STARTING LOCATION: SSE

Cyndi watched as Bruin got to the bludger and hit it with plenty of time to spare. She watched him hit it and was surprised when she realized that it was coming straight for her instead. Time for some action, Cyndi said as she quickly shifted so that she wouldn't hit the bludger right back to Bruin. Cyndi pulled her arm back and smacked the bludger with a hard swing of her bat so that it would, hopefully, head back north.

ACTION TAKEN: Taking the pass from Bruin and hitting the bludger North

QUIDDITCH POINTS: 170
STARTING LOCATION: NE

Andromeda saw just how perfectly in tune the real beaters of their team were. Just when she thought she didn't have a hope in hell and that Bruin was going to whack it in her direction, he practically passed it to Cyndi as if it were no bother at all. They were obviously alot more used to the bludger than what she was, Cyndi moved swiftly so she could hit the bludger back to the Natives' end of the pitch. Andy barely had time to think as it came zooming towards her again. Was this really her idea? This was madness, she leaned low and barrel rolled careening off to her right so that the bludger would pass by her. She felt the jolt on the rear end of her broom and twisted her head around to see pieces of her broom-brush flaking off. The bludger had passed too close and had managed to catch her broom. She hoped to goodness that Ellie or Mike was going to take a proper whack of the bludger and hit one of the opposing squad.
"Point to you lot" she shouted out, colour suffuced her cheeks, this really wasn't the way she had wanted this to play out.

ACTION TAKEN: dodging bludger, tail end of broom being hit and getting more annoyed by the second. <_<
POINTS USED: +10
POINTS REMAINING: 180
FINISHING LOCATION: NW

TEAM NAME: Southern Seasoned SuperStars ( I think)
STARTING LOCATION: Kinda by Bruin

Hilary had kept following Bruin slightly unsure of what they were doing but saw that everyone seemed to have a beaters bat. Hilary reached behind her into her backpack of space and pulled out the reinforced bat that she had used only a few times in first year. "AHA!" she called out to noone in particular as she swooped down and dropped her backpack somewhere on the pitch. She returned to playing height and kept her eyes AND ears pealed for what they were supposed to be doing.

ACTION TAKEN: A random "magic trick" and being utterly confuzzled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back