Gryffindor Pride

(OOC - Sorry, been a bad week and only getting worse. Still haven't got much of a sense whether any of the other houses can put together a team...

Should we just challenge the other three houses combined and see what happens?)

((I too am sorry for the lack of replies in this. My work schedule is all screwed up which means that my sleep schedule is now screwed up because I've been working both first and second shift and sleeping when I can which isn't very often :wacko: Anyways...I'm cool with whatever happens as far as playing the other houses goes. Maybe we could try another Gryffinpuff vs Slytherclaw? Just a suggestion!))

[ Ahhh, sorry everyone, been very busy :$ I think a challenge or Gryffinpuf vs. Slytherclaw sounds good, although I go to cadet camp this weekend, friday till sunday! It shouldn't matter though because I'm just fill in if Hilary can't make it :) ]

TEAM NAME: Northern Natives
POSITION: Beater
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 200
STARTING LOCATION: NE

Ellie had been pretty much out of the action in the game so far, but then Andy hit the bludger towards there end of the pitch. Ellie had to think fast, as the bludger came spiralling towards her, she drew right hand and bat backwards and just as the bludger was in front of her, forced it forward and hit the bludger with an almighty whack in Cyndi's direction. The hit made her loose her balance and she wobbled about a little until she regained it, watching to see if the bludger would hit it's target. That bludger certainly was hard work, and Ellie had only hit it once! It took a good bit of strength for a decent hit and she had never had much of a shot at it!

ACTION TAKEN: Hitting bludger in Cyndi's direction, watching to see if it hits.
POINTS USED: +10
POINTS REMAINING: 190 (I think)
FINISHING LOCATION: NE

(That was crappy, sorry).

Feeling completely mad for the numerous whacks it was recieving by the more experienced and then by the amateur beaters, the bludger was shunted in the direction of the south side of the pitch once more by a young brown haired slip of a thing. Careening down through the north east end of the pitch, it suddenly decided to change direction. Will see if you can hit me now or if I can hit one of you. The bludger swerved left heading westward instead, building momentum and aiming for destruction.

Action taken: swerved to west end instead of going straight ahead
FINISHING LOCATION: NW

POSITION: Proxy Beater
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 180
STARTING LOCATION: NW

Andromeda saw Ellie take a swing at the bludger and send it straight ahead of her. Focusing her attention directly infront of her she wondered which of them would get whacked by it first, Ellie had given it a good hit after all. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion, one minute she was turning around expecting to see the bludger zooming straight ahead when she discovered it was practically on top of her. When did that happen? She pulled up hard on her broom to swerve but it was already too late. The bludger slammed right into her carrying her forward, the impact was severe. She heard a crunching sound and convinced at first that it was her leg Andy screamed, then realising there wasn't half as much pain as she thought there was even with the bludger having just rolled off to careen back down to the North end of the pitch Andy realised what the crunch was, as she quite literally fell from the broom. Somehow it had managed to splinter in two, Andromeda was left dangling holding onto two pieces of broom before finally the very last shreds of the flying charm that were holding it up, wore out and she began to fall.

ACTION TAKEN: hit by bludger(again <_< ), pushed up the pitch, fell off broom :(
POINTS USED: +10
POINTS REMAINING: 190
FINISHING LOCATION: SW

QUIDDITCH POINTS: 190

Ellie watched as the bludger took a sudden swerve and hit Andy's broom. sh1t.. I pretty much hit my own team-mate, she thought to herself, flying closer to Andy to see if she was alrite, before realising Andy was holding on to two pieces of her broom. Her broom has split into two, and she was holding onto both parts with each hand. "ANDY" Ellie squeled as Andy began to fall. They were quite high up and if Andy fell, she would be hurt! The memories of her own fall crept into the Gryffindor's mind and she sped forward and downwards on her own broom, hovering a bit below Andy, ready to catch her. She knew no charm which would put Andromeda's broom back together, and she wondered if Bruin or Cyndi, or one of the older students would know one.

ACTION TAKEN: Flying over to Andy and hovering below her to catch her :lol: .
POINTS USED: 0
FINISHING LOCATION: NW

TEAM NAME: Southern Seasoned SuperStars
STARTING LOCATION: SE

Cyndi watched as a lot of things happened in a very short period of time. She hit the bludger toward Andy again and watched as it hit her broom, gaining them a point. "Woo!" Cyndi cheered as it made contact. Instantly, however, the bludger was off again, toward Ellie, who hit it. Unfortunately, the bludger had a mind of its own and instead of heading toward Cyndi, who appeared to be the intended target, it changed direction and headed toward Andy.

Cyndi turned and could only watch in horror as the bludger slammed into Andy, splintering her broom in half. With added horror, Cyndi watched for another second as Andy's fingers slipped and she fell. Without wasting another second, Cyndi began to fly toward Andy. As she did so, she reached into her pocket and pulled out her wand as she yelled "Planerio!" in Andy's direction. Cyndi hoped that the hover charm would stop Andy from falling to the ground and getting seriously injured but she didn't know if she was close enough.

ACTION TAKEN: Trying to be a superhero :p

Hilary saw the bludger hit Andy just a little away from her. She dove into action and with her quick seeker skills changed direction right under where she was falling, not even noticing that Ellie was below her, already there. She scooted forward on her streak hoping to be able to catch the slightly younger student behind her on her broom. In the craze of it all she heard from somewhere a charm being sent their way, but couldn't really hear it over the wind and the beating of her own heart, praying to God that they had been fast enough.
ACTION TAKEN: Trying to catch Andy.....
POINTS REMAINING: 200
FINISHING LOCATION:SW

STARTING LOCATION: SW

Andromeda couldn't help but scream as she fell, she had been so high off the ground. What she wouldn't give to be able to change into her werewolf self now at least she might land on her feet or at the very least be able to regenerate. She had images of her father, her mother, her grandparents all flash before her. Images of her friends, of Carlisle. Her hands were clutching the air as if to hold onto something when nearly ten feet off the ground something stopped her complete fall, she was still moving downward but going slower, much slower. Had she heard someone shout out the hovering charm, she couldn't be sure but she was grateful. Her heart was hammering loudly in her chest but she was going to live. She wasn't going to splatter all over the ground, oh the lovely pitch what would Groundskeeper Willy have said if her body had messed up his lovely pitch. Slower and slower she seemed to be moving downwards, she was shaking and tears were coursing down her face. Wiping them roughly away, Andy wished to goodness someone would just come and get her from literally free falling.

ACTION TAKEN: free falling - moving at a slower pace thanks to Cyndi :)

Ellie watched in horror as Andy fell past her, she was falling slower thanks to a spell sent from Cyndi, but she was still slowly but surely falling. After a few moments the shock of the whole thing wore off and Ellie realised what she had to do. Lying low on her broom she sped downwards and stopping just under Andy whom she then realised was crying, swung an arm around her friends waist and tried to pull her on to the back of her broom, keeping her own balance on her broom with one hand. "It's okay Andy, you're going to be okay, get on and hold on" she said, trying force all of her words out at the same time. She was scared. She didn't even want to imagine what would happen if Andy fell, she had never even seen her fellow Gryffindor cry!

ACTION TAKEN: Trying to save Andy!

Andromeda felt an arm attempt to catch her waste and Ellie telling her to climb on but it was no good. Ellie simply wasn't strong enough and Cyndi's spell was wearing off. Andy could feel it as she reached for Ellie and her broom but suddenly picked up speed in her fall. Ellie was just lucky she wasn't pulled down with her, Andy released her from the pathetic grip she had tried to get as she tumbled further down, bumping unceremoniously against something else before toppling again. Only realising she had bumped off the end of Hilarys broom as well.

"Dad!" she didn't have one clue in the world why she called for her father, he was dead for goodness sake. The ground was coming up fast, too fast. Why hadn't she put her wand into her pocket instead of leaving it down on the ground with her sweater. Was this all there was going to be...

ACTION TAKEN: free falling - spell wore off

Hilary saw Ellie try to save Andy and struggle from the weight as Andy hit off the edge of her broom. As she dove downwards following Andy, Hilary realized that she had started falling faster, too fast to be caught without injury on a broom. SO without really thinking Hilary spotted her extra broom's handle poking out of her backpack of space. Thank GOD I forgot to take it out after last practice she thought at the same moment she pulled her wand out. "ACCIO FIREBOLT" she called out, still flying towards Andy..... her broom would have to fly passed Andy to get to her...... Hilary prayed it would all work the way it was supposed too.

ACTION TAKEN: Kicking herself that she didn't think of this before.
FINISHING LOCATION:SW[/i]

TEAM NAME: Seasoned Superstars

Cyndi could only watch as her charm hit Andy and slowed her progress to the ground. She saw Ellie attempt to catch her and fail as the charm suddenly wore off. Cyndi muttered a curse, knowing that she was too far away to attempt anything else. Suddenly, Cyndi heard Hilary summon her firebolt. She silently thanked Hilary for thinking to also have her wand on her as she practiced.

ACTION TAKEN: Crossing her fingers that Hilary would save Andy :-SS
FINISHING LOCATION:SW

TEAM NAME: Southern Super Stars

Bruin had spent countless hours on the pitch and could almost sense when something was going to go wrong. He had experienced a number of bludger related injuries and accidents and was starting to believe that this game had been a mistake when he watched several rather tentative plays on the bludger. He was just about to call the game when Andy was knocked from her broom and began to free fall.

Instinctively, Bruin discarded his bat and sent his own broom into a nose dive, hoping that he would be able to beat her to the ground and at least cushion her landing in some way. He watched as his teammates made valiant efforts to slow or prevent her descent, closing the distance between he and Andy effectively as each of them provided him with prescious seconds to do so. At several points, it appeared that they had done enough to save her only for another mishap to occur and Andy to resume plummeting toward the ground.

As Ellie's attempted catch failed, Bruin realized that it was now or never and he pressed himself even tighter to his broom until he was about 10 or 15 feet above the ground speeding towards the point where Andy would land unless he got there first. Time seemed to slow down as the final few feet between them narrowed and Bruin found himself reaching for her with his right arm just as the broom Hilary had summoned careened into his leg. With a final lunge, Bruin managed to grasp hold of Andy's waist and pull her towards him.

Unfortunately, Bruin was unable to regain much control of his broom due to his awkward posture and the unbalanced weight of the two of them hurtling through the air together. The broom gave one final lurch and they angled downwards and crumpled to the turf together. The impact knocked the wind out of Bruin and he felt himself tumbling across the well manicured lawn like a ragdoll, finally coming to rest on his back and staring up into the blue sky above and his arm resting on something warm beside him.

Please let her be okay! Bruin thought to himself as he tried to catch his breath.

ACTION TAKEN: Making a rather clumsy attempt (godmod was approved, mind you!)
POINTS USED: all of them
POINTS REMAINING: none
FINISHING LOCATION: in a crumpled heap on the ground somewhere in the SW

((Again super sorry for my absence during this thread =-/ To go ahead and make Kat's quick exit since I won't be online again until late Sunday evening I'll just RP her going to get help from someone in the hospital wing. I hope that's okay. And on a side note: I'm glad it wasn't Kat that fell this time :r: ))

Kat had managed to avoid the bloody bludger for the entirety of the game and was really hoping that their captain would call an end to it soon. Just then Andy fell from her broom. Kat could only stare in horror as the next few events rolled by in what seemed like slow motion. When she saw Andy and Bruin both land on the ground. Oh dear sweet Merlin...please let them both be okay she thought as she sped to the ground as fast as she possibly could. Kat hopped off her broom and went to both of them. "Oh crap! No one let either of them move or get up just in case something is broken!" she yelled out hoping desperately that her teammates would hear her. She then added loudly, "I'm going to get a nurse or a professor! Keep an eye out on both of them!" With that Kat took off in a dead sprint towards the castle and to the hospital wing hoping that everything was going to be okay.

ACTION TAKEN: Heading to the Hospital Wing
POINTS USED: None
FINISHING LOCATION: Hospital Wing

STARTING LOCATION: SW - midair

Andy closed her eyes now simply waiting for the inevitable impact, when a strong arm closed about her and pulled her close. Her eyes shot open and saw Bruin but she couldn't say thank you or even smile. They both toppled from his broom but he didn't leave her go as they crashed hard and heavy to the ground. Rolling limply Andy felt the wind knocked out of her, then it all went blank. She could hear laughter and though that was strange why would her team mates be laughing at what had just happened. But it wasn't them, she tried to open her eyes but it felt too difficult to do. Her head felt hazy, dazed and yet she could hear a young girls voice whisper to her.

"Get up Romy, get up its not time yet" Andromeda had only heard the name from her family, so it could not be anyone of her team mates they referred to her as Andy. Her head hurt, her body ached but this was good, the laughter died away as her fingers moved, touching something, or someone. Opening her eyes, her vision at first was blurred but soon Bruin came into view. He was lying beside her. She wanted to say thank you but could only manage the smallest of smiles and even that much she wasn't sure had made it to her mouth. Everything felt so terribly sore and parts of her felt incredibly numb too.

Part of her body was slightly under his, after crash rolling to the ground. Maybe that was why she couldn't feel much of it. Attempting to move, she simply slumped again. Deciding the best course of action for now would be to simply remain lying there looking at her captain, Andy knew she would be beyond thankful to every single one of her team mates for trying to save her. She just hoped that Bruin was alright now. Risking life and limb for someone who was already damned was not the best course of action to take.

ACTION TAKEN: crashed to ground in heap with Bruin
POINTS USED: -100000000
POINTS REMAINING: do the maths :wacko:
FINISHING LOCATION: on the pitch in the SW sector

Cyndi touched ground and dismounting off her broom, ran toward Andy and Bruin who were both laying on the ground. Bruin's rescue had been both miraculous and heroic and her respect for Bruin, which was high already, grew. She reached the pair who was lying on the ground and with tears in her eyes, said "Don't move you two!" with a shaky voice, she continued. "Kat went to go get help." Cyndi took a deep breath, trying to appear calm before the rest of the Pride.

She yelled to one of her teammates still in the sky, "Can one of you grab me a couple of cloaks for them?"

ACTION TAKEN: standing over Andy and Bruin ;'(
FINISHING LOCATION: SW next to the crash landing

Bruin heard movement around them and turned his head to see Andy laying there beside him with a weak grin on her face. If facial expressions meant anything Bruin figured she would be alright and he took a deep breath and attempted to take a deep breath. "Yeah, that's gonna hurt in the morning!" He sighed under his breath and then smiled up at Cyndi. "Forget the cloaks, any chance I can get a butterbeer instead?" He joked as he pulled his knees up so that they were bent and helped to get some air back into him.

Bruin pulled his arm off of Andy and turned his head back towards her. "How about you? Can they get you anything?" He whispered. "May as well milk it, I bet you that looked bloody spectacular!" Bruin added with a wink.

Andromeda thought one thing only when she saw him sit up and that was pure relief. He was ok. She closed her eyes and let her head roll so she was facing into the grass now. Inhaling the perfect scent of the grass Andy knew she was alive and should be downright grateful. She took a deep breath as she heard voices around her and attempted to sit up when she realised his arm was still around her. He move it as he asked if they could get her anything and to milk it. Though very shaky she still managed to pull herself up into a sitting position infront of him and nodded. Trust him to make her smile after just plummeting from the heavens to near death.

"I think I need something with lots of sugar" she whispered not trusting herself to speak louder than that, she knew that the entire shock of the situation was pumping adrenaline through her and if she didn't get some sugar to ease it she would begin to shake, to cry and to goodness knows what else. She did not want to break down infront of them. It was bad enough she had been screaming like a big baby on the way down and had even cried, she'd never live that down.

At that moment her body began to shudder, she knew it was only a matter of time. Holding her hands infront of her she watched them shake uncontrollably and then looking up to Cyndi and then to Bruin smiled weakly.
"Well it could have been worse right?"

Bruin managed a confirmatory "Yeah, much worse...", but noticing that Andy was shaking continued with a little more reassurance in his voice, "Hey, hey...it's alright Andy. Everything's going to be fine. We'll head up to the Hospital Wing together and get checked out just to make sure everything's okay, alright? Besides, I hear the nurse has a reserve of extra special chocolate for this kind of thing!" Bruin said, reaching out and placing his hands over hers, partially to offer comfort and partly as her shaking was unnerving him a little.

Andy was conscious of her team mates around them and this unsettled her even more, though she was more herself around them than with anyone else. Being this vunerable was not something she liked being at all. Bruin was being so nice to her and she seriously didn't think she deserved it. Hadn't she come out earlier with a massive chip on her shoulder wanting to let rip on the pitch only to have ended up being the one to quite literally get the ripping. She was grateful that she was naturally pale skinned for she knew she would otherwise be white as a ghost.

"I think I saw my life flash before my eyes" she told him after he put his hands over hers, it was comforting and for a moment she thought he would be able to stop her shaking by simply holding her hands but the rest of her body still shuddered. Andy just wanted to get to the hospital wing like yesterday, so that she wasn't the center of attention for all the wrong reasons. She turned to face the others but couldn't look upwards, it hurt.
"Sorry for messing up" then something clicked and she gasped, "my broom it's broken".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back