Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Lumio was still in some surprise and frustration over what Clara had said. Her reaction to him being annoyed about it too. Not apologising for making such a comment. She accused him of not being a real friend, when she had insulted him, made him feel small about who he was. She’d perhaps been trying to tell him she knew and was okay with it, but it just hadn’t appeared in that manner. He had been frustrated for a little while, reeling a little from losing a friend in all this, but he’d decided to grab his guitar and went to the student lounge. He sat in the corner slowly strumming to himself, not playing too loudly since most others in the room were studying, but his fingers moved quickly and somewhat harshly on the strings and his face was drawn into a frown.

Exams were coming up, and Lucas was trying his best. He'd never been a very good student, but at least he usually got pretty average grades. But third year was a lot more intense than second year had been, and Lucas kind of doubted he'd get away with as little studying as he had done last year, or even last semester. But when he made his way into the student lounge to find a place to study, he was quickly distracted the moment he saw Lumio sitting with his guitar. Lucas' heart did a little loop in his chest. In his mind, he sternly told it to stop. But studying had become less important all of a sudden. Lucas headed over to Lumio, only noticing when he came near that he was looking kind of upset. "Hey..." He said, taking a seat nearby. "You okay?"

Lumio was focusing on the music he was playing and barely noticed someone approached him, only when they were in front of him and speaking. He stopped playing and let his mind catch up. His face brightened at the sight of his friend. ”Lucas!” he was glad to see his friend, though he was a little nervous about if his reaction would be the same as Clara’s, but he was sure that it wouldn’t. ”I got into a bit of a fight with Clara,” he told Lucas with a shrug, his expression dropping slightly but there was no sense in lying about it. He wasn’t sure he wanted to explain it. ”I don’t think we’re friends anymore..” he knew that Lucas was friends with her too and didn’t want to fight with him over it but he was going to be honest about what upset him.

Lucas smiled as Lumio seemed happy to see him, hoping he wasn't blushing even though he felt his cheeks heat up. He smoothed down his robes, trying not to seem too pleased. But then Lumio said he had gotten into a fight with Clara, and Lucas frowned in surprise. "What?" He asked, hardly able to believe it. "Why?" As far as he knew Lumio and Clara were very close, probably closer than Lucas was to either of them. He wondered what sort of thing could have come between them.

Lumio gave a half hearted shrug and then sighed. He was looking at Lucas, wondering if he should say anything. If it was worth it. He didn’t want to ruin Lucas’ friendship with Clara but he was alwso a little worried that perhaps he had overreacted. ”So…I went to the valentines dance with this guy called Ronald, and it was like different from going with Delilah to the yuleball, and I realised, you know I like him,” Lumio said, ”That I’m gay...,” his tone was a little unsure but he was a little nervous about telling someone else, ”And you know Clara and I have been close for ages, so I wanted the first person I told to be her, and before I could even say anything, she said that she’d seen me at the valentines dance with some gay….” he said his frustration bleeding through, ”I dunno why but like he’s not just some gay….I’m some gay...it just felt really dismissive and when I told her as much basically she blew up at me and said we shouldn’t be friends, that she just wants whats best for me, but like didn’t apologise…” Lumio stopped, he knew repeating more of it. ”It just rubbed me the wrong way I guess..”

Lucas felt a little nervous as he listened to Lumio, and then felt a little overwhelmed. It was a lot to take in, and his heart seemed to be on a rollercoaster. Going up hopefully once he realized Lumio was saying he was gay, that he liked boys too, but plummeting down again when it was clear that Lumio liked someone else. Lucas had some trouble keeping his face neutral at that information, biting his lip a little. He then focused on the information about Clara, which also made his head swim. "That... is crappy of her." He said, wondering what Clara had been thinking, and what she thought of him. "That would have rubbed me the wrong way as well, especially her just... saying you can't be friends anymore immediately, and not saying sorry." He said, scratching his neck, hoping Clara had just overreacted and would apologize soon. He didn't know what to think about Clara. She was always so sweet, but if she thought badly of people for being gay, or at least was dismissive of something so big to Lumio, that was bad. Lucas had no idea if she knew he was gay as well, he'd never thought he really had to tell anyone. Maybe that had been a mistake? His mind was still reeling from all the information, but he was mostly focusing on one thing. The fact that his crush did like boys, just not him. "So... you like... Ronald?" He asked him, unable to completely hide his disappointment.

Lumio felt reassured that he wasn’t the only one who thought it was a bit crappy.n He hadn’t been sure if he had been overreacting to it and perhaps should’ve actually just tried to hear her out, but he hadn’t and hearing someone else agree with his decision he felt reassured. ”I’m glad you feel the same, I was annoyed and frustrated but fearing maybe I’d overreacted,” he was a little repeating himself, but the point felt important and he had a tone of more assurance, feeling like someone else agreeing confirmed he’d done right. ”Yeah...I do,” he said, ”He feels the same way about me.” he didn’t really pick up on Lucas’ disappointment, only just a little. Lumio chalked that up to feeling disappointed to not have a relationship of his own and nothing more. ”It’s still early though...and we’re still young,” he liked Ronald but he knew he was also young and things would change. ”what about you? Any likes in your life?”

Lucas nodded. "Well, are you going to talk to her?" He asked after a moment. He thought about it for a moment "Or are you going to see if she comes to you and apologises?" He figured that would be what Clara had to do, apologize and explain herself. At least, assuming it really had been a misunderstanding. Lucas' heart felt like it was dropping as Lumio talked about how Ronald felt the same way, he felt tears stinging in his eyes. It felt hurtful, knowing that Lumio could have liked him but didn't. "I see. "He said, annoyed that even on those two words, his voice wavered a bit. He had to be stronger than that. He cleared his throat and looked down as Lumio asked him. It was almost tempting to be truthful, but it would just make things more complicated. "Uh, well, there was a guy I kissed recently." He admitted. "I'm... also gay, by the way." He added, as if it didn't really matter if Lumio knew that. "But that's not really someone I have a crush on." He added, skirting around the subject without lying as much as he could.

Lumio shrugged, ”I think if I do, it’ll be a little while before I do. It’s kinda on her to come to me I think..” he shrugged a little. He didn’t want to see clara for a little while, but he was sure that perhaps with time, if she was a little apologetic then maybe he would be able to get over it. Lumio watched Lucas with a little smile, keen to know if Lucas had anything going, and hadn’t realised that he was gay, ”Who did you kiss?” Lumio asked, he wasn’t sure if there was something to say to him about them both being gay, was a high 5 over it inappropriate. ”When did you figure out that you were gay?” Lumio was a little curious as to how and when others realised. He was beginning to think he had always sorta known but hadn’t really realised. His crush on CLara had certainly felt like he should have a crush on her and just went with that.

Lucas nodded when Lumio said it was on Clara to go to him, he could understand that, and from what Lumio had told him he agreed with it too. The boy blushed when Lumio asked who he had kissed. It sounded a lot more cool without the context. "Kas, he's a year above me." He admitted shyly. "But it was more a dare than anything else." He added. He had half hoped that confessing to Lumio that he also liked boys would open the Gryffindor's eyes to seeing him as a possible crush, but it didn't seem to do that. Instead, he just asked when he figured it out. Lucas shrugged a little helplessly. "I've kind of known forever. I just didn't really know if it was only boys or also girls until recently." He said.

Lumio nodded, he knew of Kas, if Kas was short for Kasim. With his brother on Accio and the few occasions they met that being part of what they talked about. He gave his friend a little smile as he talked about how he had come to the realisation he was gay. Perhaps part of Lumio had always sort of known this about himself, but it was only in watching others in his year group begin to pair up that it had brought it to the forefront of his mind. He’d assumed probably wrong that he was just straight because a number of people are, but he knew better now. ”That’s cool Lucas, you’re cool!” he gave him a wide smile. ”Do you wanna grab some dinner together, it must almost be time to eat!” he asked with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back