Closed Growing Friendships

Evan rested her hands on his shoulders, relaxing more into him. She broke the kiss again, but didn't pull away, lingering close. "I… I'm no good with words," she offered softly, hoping he didn't mind. Now that she was letting herself feel, it was all rushing to the surface. Her fingers dug a little into his shoulders. This was all thrilling, but also terrifying. Her last relationship had been horrible, but Charlie- he was so different than Vincent had been, so soft and kind and sweet.

''I haven't always been the best with words either,'' Charlie told her. ''And I think that the kiss said all that should be said.'' He didn't need her to tell him that she liked him just as much as he liked her because he could already tell that she felt the same way about him. It made him smile. It also made him remember that she had made him tea before their intimate moment, though it was probably cold by now. He brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled.

She smiled shyly, and nodded softly. She took his hand and pressed it to her chest, hoping he could feel the fluttering of her heart. She sighed, shifting to tuck herself against him, smiling softly. "You're really tall," She murmured, almost feeling silly to say so, but she couldn't help it. She felt so small curled up in his lap, but she liked it, it felt... safe. She wasn't sure what else to say, so she just pressed a soft kiss against his jaw.

Charlie smiled when she placed his hand on her chest, feeling the pounding of her heart. ''I'm actually quite tall for a Brit, did you know that?'' he said with a soft chuckle. She was beautiful, intelligent, kind and had a great sense of humour once she had let her guard down a bit more. It was impossible not to notice her even if she was more of a reserved person. Her silence said more than words at times. ‘’Would you like to be my girlfriend?’’ he asked softly, thinking that he might as well ask it now that they had shared a kiss.

Evan giggled softly. "I do now," She countered. Her breath caught at his question. She opened her eyes, stammering a little bit before just leaning in and kissing him. "Okay," she breathed, pressing closer and kissing him again. This wasn't how she'd seen the day going but she was very happy it had. Charlie felt like a miracle, an angel that had found her when she'd lost all hope. She was amazed, though she was too nervous to say anything of the sort out loud.

Charlie couldn’t stop smiling as she kissed him again and held her close to him. She was an amazing woman and he was more than ready to make sure that she knew she was - every single day. He broke away from her for a moment, looking into her hazel eyes. It had been a long time ago since he last felt this way for someone. Again, how could he not? ‘’If you want, I could stay a bit longer, we could make dinner together?’’ he asked, not in the mood to go back home to his own apartment anytime soon.

Evan cuddled into Charlie, smiling shyly. “Are you staying all day?” She asked softly. “I would like that,” She sighed happily, tracing her nose along his skin. “You’re warm,” She murmured softly, shifting to curl up in his lap. “I miss you when you’re gone,” She told him, shutting her eyes.

Charlie wrapped his arm around Evan as he smiled back at her. ''I could if you would be OK with that, I wouldn't want to keep you from whatever you were doing before if you'd rather go back to that.'' But then she said that she would like it if he stayed a bit longer. ''You make me warm,'' he said with a slight grin. ''What were you going to make for dinner, then?'' He wasn't the best in the kitchen but he reckoned that he could manage to cook something up with her if it was easy enough to prepare.

Evan shook her head quickly. "Oh, no! I want you to stay," She insisted, reaching for his hand. "I was just thinking m-maybe, um... maybe you would mind having dinner with me a-anyway, I could make some for steaks and my special baked potatoes," She fidgeted, feeling shy. "I was, um... looking for an excuse to keep you around, b-before um.. before..." She giggled shyly, playing with her hair and looking away. "I'd still like you to stay," She offered gently, not meeting his eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back