Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Veela Hair Core
The graduation ceremony was always the most bittersweet part of any year. Justin remembered teaching most of these people how to fly in their first year, and now all of this time later he was residing over the Graduation Ceremony where they would leave the school, most of them forever. Some of them might come back as professors, others may come back as staff, but Justin knew that there was always a good chance that this would be the last time that he saw these students.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Justin took to the podium and smiled out amongst the crowd. "Hello one and all, and welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand's yearly graduation ceremony. Here we will honour the students who have stuck with us for 7 years, and are now being sent out to the wide world." He smiled once more, knowing that even though some of them were a pain, he would still miss them. He had fond memories of Orwell as that thought crossed his mind.

"Graduates, remember that this is not the end. It's simply the beginning of the next stage of your lives, and I have complete faith that all of you will do amazing things out there." He said, completely confident in all of them. "I'd now like to welcome the Head Boy, Isaiah Jeffreys, and the Head Girl, Pia Morales, to say a few words." He said, clapping for them as they stood and retaking his seat.

OOCOut of Character:
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Pia was proud of herself, and was happy to be named head girl, a role model for the school as well as a leader for her graduating class. But she had dreaded graduation for the entire year, knowing she would need to give a speech and risk embarrassing herself by saying the wrong thing, or not being understood by the peers she loved so dearly. Her speech in question had been written, and re-written several times before she settled on saying exactly what was in her heart, no longer caring if it was right or wrong. Anything else she wrote felt too ingenuine and her peers deserved to listen to an honest speech during their last time in a school that shaped who they all were that day. Pia sat still, and as poised as she could despite her nerves. She only moved to stand when her and Isaiah were due to give their speeches, nodding at him, then moving to the podium. They had organized for her to give her speech first so it could be over and done with and Pia was thankful for Isaiah's offer to speak after her as she stood, staring down at her peers and their guests, hoping for her life that she wouldn't mess up, stutter her words or forget any of the lines she had composed. This was one of the final moments she would spend with her year and she wanted to make it worthwhile, both for them and for herself. She took a deep breath and spoke to the crowd in the hall.

"Before I start this speech, I would like to give a warm welcome to everyone here today. Thank you for being here, whether it is to graduate or support your loved ones. I know we all have different places to be, and other things to tend to on a day as important as this one, so I will not let this drag on longer than necessary." She paused, taking another another deep breath. "This graduating class are some of the most open minded and accepting people I have ever met. I transferred here for my fifth year, and never thought I would be accepted as one of you, who has been in the school from the beginning. Yet here I am, standing in front of a class of students that I whole heartedly feel part of. I consider all of you my friends, some of you to be my family and I hold all of you close to my heart." As she said this, she momentarily glanced to each of the people she loved most. She then glanced down at her notes and continued. "We are all so unique, and I have every confidence we will move on to do great things with our lives, be it following lifelong dreams, helping others, or refusing to be another cog in the machine. We are all so different, with so many interests and passions we want to follow, whatever they may be and that is what makes us special. Leaving a place and a routine we are all accustomed to is a scary thought, but it's also an opportunity for us to forge our own paths and become our best selves, without anything holding us back. We are part of a new generation of witches and wizards, and we are all here now, about to begin a new and exciting stage in our lives. We have the world in our hands, and we can be anything we want to be if we put our minds to it."

Pia folded her notes back up, ready to say her closing statement, smiling with nothing but pride as she bid her peers, and her time at Hogwarts New Zealand, a bittersweet and hopeful goodbye. "I therefore urge every single one of you, including myself, to make the most of this new opportunity. Thank you to this class for accepting me, and countless others. Thank you to the professors for guiding us, and thank you again to all the family members, partners and friends that are with us today. Your support means everything, and will continue to help us along on this new adventure." Pia exhaled, relieved her speech was over as she sat down and waited for Isaiah to give his speech. All that was next was to receive her diploma and then she could properly relax, knowing that she had played her part as head girl to the best of her ability.

This graduation seemed odd to Isaiah, he couldn't believe that he was graduating, that his schooling was over, that the exams were over, that he no longer had to attend any classes, that it was over. The teen had already decided what he would do when he walked out of those doors, well, he had a few things he was going to do, one was celebrate and the other was get a job. The school had been such an important part of Isaiah's life the last seven years, it had opened doors to him, it had helped him realise who he was, helped him be more confident in himself and be someone independent from his family. The head boy was so proud of himself for getting this far in the schooling, and he was proud of his year group, there had barely been a dull moment for him. They had done so much with the short amount of seven years, they as a year group had been the best year group hands down.

The graduation ceremony began and he was beginning to feel nervous about the speech he was to give, he had learned it inside out, he had written it with Pia, so nothing they said would over lap, but he knew they both had a similar message, a pride and joy over all their year had achieved. Isaiah wanted to be serious in his speech but he didn't think he was really going to manage it. However all too soon they were brought up to speak, Pia went first, and he couldn't help but find her speech warming to the core, and he knew that she was a great addition to the school, spending time with her and sharing stories about siblings had always been fun, he had so many fond memories of all the people in this school, of the sports he had done. It was true they had their worlds in their hands and he was sure that they would achieve highly. Each and every one of them. Isaiah applauded loudly for Pia when she finished speaking and Isaiah waltzed with confidence to the podium to speak, he cleared his throat and looked out at the people, he could spot his brothers and his father in the crowd, and though he felt incredibly nervous and his hands were shaking like crazy there was a smile plastered to his face.

"Well, don't we all look lovely today!" Isaiah began, wanting to start off light, "I'd like to start much like Pia by giving thanks, first to our professors for all the help they've given us over the years. I'm sure we'll miss them and they'll just be happy to see the back of us. Second, to our families or guardians who have supported us throughout school and who in a few months time are going to wish we were still at school and not eating them out of house and home," Isaiah paused for a small moment, taking a little breath, "Lastly, I'd like to thank my fellow students, my fellow seventh years and those bratty students in all the other years. You have been incredible people to know and I wish each of you the best apart from anyone whose ever hit me with a bludger in quidditich, or been in a team that's beaten Ravenclaw at a quidditch cup final. You know who you are," Isaiah glanced between the people in his year and those other students who had been able to attend giving a glance to any slytherins he'd spotted, since he was referring directly to them in the last statement. "Hogwarts has been incredible, but that chapter of our lives is over and from this point our paths all split. No more houses, no more almost murders by thirteen year olds, no more amazing dancing from this head boy, no more having to listen to whatever the wild patch is shouting about, no more wondering why Professor Styx bothers with teaching when he very clearly hates us all. Hogwarts has been magical, but it's over. Let us leave this place knowing we made it more fun, meet at the Medley in Mākutu Mall to get outrageously drunk and celebrate graduating. So, congratulations to all of you, Class of 2043, here's to us,"

Justin listened to the Head Boy and Head Girl give their speeches, and as usual they were inspired and enlightening. He expected no less from the chosen Head students, they always seemed to step up and make things interesting. He took the podium once again, and a smile graced his face. "Thank you, Miss Morales, and Mr Jeffreys for those kind words. All of you, remember this day fondly. Don't ever give up on your dreams, because all of you can achieve them!" He said, and began calling people up to receive their diplomas, and shook all of their hands.
OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates! You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

Graduation. It was one of the most bittersweet moments of anyone's schooling life, and Alex was a little bit scared to finally be leaving the world of Hogwarts New Zealand behind and enter the big scary world. Alex was soon to be applying to become an Auror, and all that stood in his way was his final exams. He sighed a little bit, and walked onto the stage. He approached Professor Cliffeton, shook his hand, and received his diploma. It was done. He officially didn't attend this school anymore, and that was a terrifying thought. He spotted Victoire and his baby sister in the crowd, and was extremely excited to see them there. He jumped off stage and went to meet Victoire. Today was the day he won her heart.

Graduation - Alexia decided - was quite a peculiar event. There were many that felt emotional and others that felt relief that this chapter of their lives were over. To the Slytherin though, she felt none of those. There was no satisfaction, no relief in this supposedly delightful event. It was merely another thing done but not accomplished - she could feel the waves of disappointment from her father. The only thing she had accomplished in her Hogwarts years was becoming a prefect and even then her cousin, Arianna, had managed to accomplish the same feat despite only starting school in her 6th year. She understood soon enough why. She would never measure up to her father's expectations because her birth itself was one to not satisfy him already. She was a female and she was not a Pureblood. A part-veela. She was a disappointment in itself. And as she droned out the whole ceremony, merely proceeding with what has to be done, she pondered on what she was to do for the future. For when she leaves the school and faces the outside world as what truly was and accepted herself to be. Always alone and always a disappointment.

Ailsa couldn't believe that it was finally her graduation, that she was to graduate. The teen was sitting with her peers, and she was to finish this part of her life. The only person that she had wanted to be at the graduation was hopefully sitting within the auidence, it was such a bittersweet moment, she had wanted to graduate with Logan but she would be satisfied to just have him see it. The teen couldn't really believe that she was at long last graduating, it seemed too surreal as a thing. She had dressed nicely, done her hair well, really made an effort for the occasion but it still felt weird, she would be leaving the school, she would be sleeping in a different room, she would be able to get a job, spending days and evenings with the boy she loved, go out and spend time away from a school, away from books and lessons that made her do so much work.

Ailsa listened to the speeches by the head people and was just happy to listen along. It was a far thing to say though she doubted that Logan would appreciate it had he actually come. The teen was then finally at the point where she would receive her certificate. Ailsa stood proudly, brushing down her clothes and had a large smile on her face, beaming with pride. It did seem like the time had passed so quickly and yet it had been a long seven years. Ailsa's name was called and she stepped forward, crossing the stage and receiving the diploma and shaking his hand before walking off the stage. There was such a moment of euphoria as she returned to her seat, it felt so amazing to finally have it in her hands to have managed it. To have finished school. Ailsa couldn't help the smile that could not be erased from her face.

The only thing left for Isaiah to do at this school was to graduate was get the diploma, to walk across the stage and get the certificate from the deputy professor, and he was smiling rather easily to himself as he did so, he waited his turn, it was a little surreal to him that he was spending his last moments in the school, it was just a little insane really. He was leaving the school, he was graduating. The teen stood up when it was his turn and he crossed the stage. Isaiah shook the man's hand as he took the diploma, and couldn't help the easy and relaxed expression that sat on his face, he was pretty happy about having actually achieved. He had managed to finish school, he had graduated, the teen was so pleased to have managed it. Isaiah had worked hard for it, and he was looking towards the future, he was looking forward to drinking, and drinking at Pia's party. The boy was excited to get a job, to move forward with his life, to spend more time with Keye and just have a whole load of fun. The boy found his brother's in the crowd and waved to them as he went to take his seat again. He felt so proud of what he'd done at this school, of what he'd achieved.

Sure, Pia's speech was over and all she needed to do next was receive her diploma after her name was called, but that didn't mean she felt completely relaxed. In theory the task of standing up and accepting her diploma was simple enough to take up her final moments as a student at Hogwarts New Zealand, yet Pia could not help but over think it. She was fully aware of the many eyes that were still on her, especially the eyes of her family that were attending. She knew that one wrong move or a small slip up would embarrass her in front of everyone. Though through her worries, Pia kept herself composed and patient as the names of her peers were called one by one. She clapped politely and smiled as each person accepted their diploma and then eventually it was her turn. She stood up from her chair and dusted her skirt before walking to Professor Cliffeton. She smiled warmly at him and accepted her diploma, shaking his hand and thanking him. She then walked away proudly with her diploma in hand, ready to begin her life as an adult, to make the most of the new journey she was going to embark on, and most importantly to never forget the memories she had made while in school.

The fact that Orwell was at the end of his school career felt a little odd, he had joined the school late, and had been at the end of his school career in his community, he had wanted to learn more, he hadn't known what to do with it, he had been stuck on his path, but his path had been completely thrown off when he had bumped into Archie that fateful day. Getting a new wand had been the catalyst for him making the best decision of his life, and now it was coming to an end. Orwell couldn't help but be quite sentimental towards it, he loved every moment of the school, even though he had had more than a few issues with the school, it had been good. From joining the Monthly, to his hard work with the Wild Patch, improving and growing the garden. Leaving the garden was about the most difficult thing he was having to do, Orwell had always loved growing flowers and plants, and knew upon leaving the school he would start his own garden. He didn't want to let go of the title of King of the Flowers, but it was time to pass it on. It was time for this school to end, and for his schooling to end.

Orwell hadn't invited anyone to the graduation, his parents would be unwilling to come to such a pompous and pointless celebration of capitalism education, to parade the successful students in front of one another and push them into believing that achieving well in school meant you had better chances. Though he was a little sad his parents wouldn't attend it had been no surprise to him, and he was just glad that he had Archie. After all, Archie had been the one accepting him first into the school, he had been the one to hold his hand when he had been nervous about his first day at a real school, he had been the one to give Orwell a chance to do a little more with his life. Archie was the only person Orwell would've wanted to share this day with, he was his best friend and the one person in his life that allowed him to be entirely himself. Despite his some anger towards certain aspects of the school he was grateful to them, perhaps even a little grateful towards Professor Summers who had taught him how to become an animagus, even if the man was a unconcerned and moral-less man. He was grateful to Professor Philips and Louise, to most of the professors who had helped a boy who'd never had a formal education in his life prior to the school succeed quite as well as he had.

The speeches to Orwell were quite interesting, he liked Pia's because he agreed, the school had some problems but they definitely were more inclusive than he had thought they might be. They had accepted him with his weird hair and dirty clothes and they had accepted so much else. He had strived himself to make the school more accepting with the Pride celebrations and the openness with which Orwell was towards sexuality. There were plenty of things he had never gotten round to doing at the school, but Orwell knew that he was leaving the school a little better. Orwell glanced happily at Archie, squeezing his hand gently as they sat together leaning in and lightly kissing his cheek, he was nervous about finishing school, Orwell knew he'd be an activist of some degree but he also knew he needed to have a job and make some money, no matter how awful he thought it would be. He could do quite a lot with the NEWts that he had gotten, but all Orwell wanted to do was make the world a better place and he didn't think he could do that in an office.

School had provided him with most of what he might need to do well, to be able to achieve in life, and he was grateful for that. Orwell had dressed nice for this graduation, wearing a borrowed suit from Archie that didn't fit him too well, and he had freshly dyed hair, a bright blue to symbolise the house that he had called home for the last five years of his life. He was proud of himself, of Archie, of Pia, of all those within his year. He was proud of the Wild Patch club, he was proud of all they had achieved. Orwell would look fondly on most of his time at this school. Finally his name was called and he walked across the stage and got his diploma from the deputy head master, he shook his hand and thanked the man before just taking his seat once more. It felt odd to hold it in his hands hold the end of his schooling within his hands, of course he knew that the hard work and effort he had put in since getting to the school did only lead to the a bit of paper at the end with his name written in fancy handwriting and not much else, but he was proud of the work he had put in, and he would treasure this silly little bit of capitalist paper dearly.

Zach couldn't believe that the day of his graduation has arrived. His final year of Hogwarts had seen some unexpected things happen. Levy had given birth to twins, he had discovered his best friend was his sister. To end it all with graduation was the perfect way to see off the year. After listening to the speeches from Pia and Isaiah it was time to go on stage and get his diploma once his name was called. Zach waited while his name was called and walked across the stage and grabbed his diploma. Once it was in hand he made his way down and looked out for Izzy.

Archie's own graduation had been on his mind ever since he attended the graduation of his friend Jean the previous year, but the reality of it all was yet to dawn on him until that day. Even as he sat with Orwell during the ceremony he could hardly believe that this would be his last time spent within the castle walls he had grown to think of as a second home. That he was now supposed to know what he wanted to do with his life and work hard to achieve it. That after this day, he and his peers were supposed to be real adults, working hard to follow their dreams and no longer bound by uniform regulations and class schedules. Adults with proper responsibilities and an even higher set of expectations to live up to. It seemed so surreal for Archie to realize that he was now sitting on the cusp of his adult life, between the school routine he knew so well and having total freedom to do whatever he wanted. That thought alone was too overwhelming for him to bear, especially since he knew he was supposed to hold his head up with pride knowing he had made it, and that his many friends had made it alongside him rather than cracking under the pressure of leaving the memories he had made behind to become a fully-fledged adult which is what graduation signified.

The most surreal part of it all was that Archie had no idea whatsoever of what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. Unlike his peers, he didn't have a career in mind, a set of goals to work towards or even an interest he wanted to pursue. They seemed to have everything in their lives planned, and a long list of ambitions and achievements to make now that school was over and he was instead sitting in the ceremony without a plan for the following year or even intent to make a plan, completely clueless to what he was going to do without his spare time taken up by running clubs and being captain of a quidditch team. Archie thought he would have a plan by graduation, but he was instead just happy to live in the here and now, and to see where life was going to take him. Being sure not to waste the new-found freedom he would have after that day and determined not to let not knowing a thing about his future or how overwhelming that day was ruin a moment that was meant to be happy, or in the very least bittersweet.

Orwell squeezing his hand broke Archie from his reverie. He looked from Isaiah speaking at the podium, down to Orwell and then matched the bright, happy smile he was given. Despite not knowing what he would do with his future, he did know that Orwell would be in it and this comforted him to no end. Orwell was his rock, his everything, and he couldn't imagine his life without his best friend by his side and knew for a fact they would remain best friends forever. Orwell had done so much for him, from transferring into the school to be with him, to supporting him in everything quidditch related and even sneaking into Gryffindor house to be there for him when he needed it most. Not knowing about his future was scary in many ways but knowing Orwell would be in it made the whole ordeal so much brighter and allowed Archie to believe that not knowing wouldn't be so bad when Orwell was beside him. Archie began to tear up at this thought, though quickly wiped his eyes with his blazer as Orwell's name was called. This action was to no avail and the tears continued to well in his eyes as he stood to cheer enthusiastically for his friend's success. He watched in awe before sitting back down, only standing again when his own name was called. He stood up, approached the deputy headmaster and smiled wide despite his teary eyes as he accepted his diploma with a handshake. He then made his way over to Orwell and hugged the boy as tight as he could, proud of his best friend, himself, and his friends for making it through school and reaching the beginning point of the rest of their lives.

Calum was more than ready for graduation. All of his life had been leading up to it and he couldn't wait to get out of school so he could finally pursue a career he knew he was going to do well in. The teenager sat with the rest of the people in his year as the Deputy Headmaster began speaking, saying the usual stuff that was said at graduations. Not soon after, it was time for Pia's speech and Calum sat up straight in his seat, smiling over at her as she confidently spoke. She made it look easy and Calum couldn't help but feel proud of her as she finished up by thanking everyone for supporting her. When she was done, Calum wanted to jump up from his seat and cheer for her, but refrained from doing so. He didn't want too much attention drawn to him and instead clapped loudly for her, hoping she was thinking of him too. As the head boy made his speech, Calum's attention was far away until it was finally time to get his certificate. The teen happily walked onto the stage and took it, knowing now that he was no longer a student of the school and feeling happier than he'd ever been before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back