Graduation 2036: The Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Ava Davershire glanced fondly around the Hall, trying to keep her mind off the inevitable. It was a bitter-sweet moment; a moment of sadness, that a number of great students were leaving Hogwarts. No year was ever the same, no student alike. But it was a moment of great pride. Ava was proud of every single student that was graduating. She was proud of the Professor's for teaching everyone well enough for them to pass. Ava watched the graduates and their guests making their way into the hall and each taking their seats. The Professor smiled at each one, knowing that she had to have a brave face for each person today; a new lot of students would be coming in the next year, and she would have to try to get used to saying goodbye to students, even though there were some students she knew the Professors weren't too upset about leaving.

Once everyone was seated, the Headmistress made her way to the front of the stage, smiling excitedl to the crowd. "Welcome parents, guests, and most importantly, graduates. Thank-you to everyone who made it here to join us in celebrating and honouring the graduating class of 2036." Ava focused her attention on the students graduating. "Graduates, remember that this is not the end, it is simply the beginning. You are going into a world where anything is possible, so dream big, and work hard. I'd now like to welcome up your Head Boy and Girl, Benjamin Chase and Isabella Pisces." Ava finished before moving away from the podium and clapping for Benjamin and Isabella.

OOCOut of Character:

Out of Character: Important Information
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Graduates please do not post until the Head Boy and Head Girl have posted. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Isabella didn't really want to speak today. Talking to a group of people had never really been her thing. Especially when she cared little to nothing for the whole lot of them. Whoever deemed Isabella Head Girl, was really lacking in their judge of character. If there was one thing Isabella was not meant to be, it was a leader. "Ugh, I feel sick." The brunette thought to herself. She wasn't sure if it was the nerves or the morning sickness that was causing the feeling though. Maybe if she ignored it, the feeling would go away. Hopefully it did, because she had been doing a fantastic job of hiding her pregnancy from everyone, and throwing up in front of everyone might raise some suspicion. Or not. Maybe they would just think that she was nervous? Headmistress Davershire continued to speak to the crowd as she now began to introduce the Head Boy and Head Girl. Isabella knew it was now or never. She was going first, whether the Head Boy liked it or not. If she waited any longer, she knew she was going to last. A loud roar of applause filled the Great Hall, but Isabella could have sworn that she didn't hear a single noise as she rose from her seat and stepped up to the podium. Why did it have to be her?! Anyone else in this school could have done this, but no, it had to be Isabella Pisces. The one who couldn't speak a single sentence without uttering something rude. Hopefully the crowd wouldn't mind a quick speech.

""I uh...." Isabella began as she fought back another wave of nausea. I"m not never good with speeches. Or talking to people in general so I hope none of you mind if this is short." Well even if they did mind, too bad. If they wanted to do a better speech they could come up and write one of their own. A few seconds passed by before the brunette continued on. "I suppose I should send you all off with some kind of wise message. Or something deep and personal. Well I hate stuff like that so if you came all the way here to hear that, you've wasted your time." Isabella rolled her blue eyes. "I came to this school, not really fond of anyone. To be honest I'm still not a fond of most of you. A few people have managed to convince me that not everyone is a complete-erm. Anyways, I suppose the journey for each one of us Mine was solely to make it out of this school without hitting anyone. Oh boy did I fail that one." Isabella thought back to all the times where she had laid a good punch or two to poor Sergios. Lately that hadn't been the case though. Even if this whole baby thing was eighty percent his fault. Perhaps she should lay a good one on him for that. Even if she would probably feel bad about it moments later. "I guess it doesn't really matter what your journey during these past seven years was, just so long as you're happy at where you ended up. If the eleven year old version if yourself could see you now, would they be proud of what they saw?" Not in Isabella's case. But it wasn't like she was about to tell the crowd that. Years ago, she never imagine seeing herself here. Or being pregnant. Or even with a boyfriend. Chances are, her childhood self would probably be disgusted at what she saw, even if Isabella was sort of happy that she had Sergios in her life.

"So, class of 2036, are you proud of where you are today? Graduating is a big honor, so I feel like that should count for something. Congratulations." Isabella waited for the applause that erupted to die down before she cleared her throat. "Sorry my speech wasn't anything too special. Hopefully the Head Boy had something special prepared wow everyone with. Thanks." Isabella nodded and turned away from the podium before she indicated that it was Ben's turn to give his speech. Hopefully his was something fantastic, but if she remembered him from the few times they had spoken, he wasn't much nicer than she was. The nausea still plagued Isabella greatly, but she managed to keep it at bay. Hopefully she could keep it back long enough to where she could get her diploma and go find her sister's. Or even Sergios. Hell, her sister's and Grezhen still didn't even know about the baby. Not that she was all that eager to tell them, though. Returning her attention to the front, Isabella tuned in so she could hear her fellow Slytherin's speech.

If felt like a hundred years ago when Benjamin first stepped into the Great Hall. Everything had been so massive back then. The Great Hall itself made him feel like a small, insignificant ant to the entire world, despite his family pushing thoughts of superiority in his head even at that young age. Hogwarts reluctantly became his home once he reached his second year and true enough, it felt that as each year passed by his voice in the school grew bigger and bigger. Before he knew it, he was on his way to the position of Head Boy and frankly, Benjamin thought there was another young man more deserving than him. He never revealed that to anyone, thinking that besides from that other guy he was the second best choice for the position however, seeing that the professors chose him over anybody else made him glow with pride. Which was why he was sitting at the side with the Head Girl herself, a subtle smirk etched on his face. He made it, finally, without having to dock off 50 points from a crying little first year tugging on his robes for assistance in something foolish. He made it without hexing someone to their temporary death with a strong Stun. He made it without having to owl his parents a mini rant about everything going on in the school. He made it without losing his sanity because of all the things and revisions. All in all, he felt like the young man he always wanted to be but without the prize of a girlfriend. That could wait though. For now he was ready to kickass for his final moment as Head Boy, after Isabella gave her speech that will hopefully put tears in their audience's eyes.

"Ladies first," muttered Benjamin a second Isabella stood up to give her final words to their class. He was almost sure this was the last time he would see them all at the same time in one room. Not that he would miss them in the first place. Benjamin only wanted a good, last look at his classmates before bidding them farewell permanently, except for one particular Scottish Slytherin whom he considered his best friend. He clapped along and expected something dramatic from the blue eyed witch standing on the podium however their time was not wasted when she made her speech. Benjamin blinked in surprise, thinking that was the shortest message a Head Girl of Hogwarts has given. His speech was not too long, perhaps a good few minutes but certainly hers was a lot shorter than his. When she wrapped it up, he shifted rather awkwardly in his seat. Well, this was his moment to end with and in a few minutes the honor of Head Boy would be gone. He was proud and there was a small portion in his mind quite excited to get rid of all those ridiculous responsibilities a Head Boy attained. The Head Girl finally finished in like, 2 minutes, and all he did was snort whilst clapping. It was his turn and when the applause died down, he stood up and fixed his robes briefly before ascending onto the podium.

He might as well start with some humor. He waited for the claps of the people to die down and gripped the sides of the podium tightly, a sign of some remaining nervousness and awkwardness. On his face though was a half smirk and snigger. "Why, thank you for that 1 second speech, Isabella." He acquired some sniggers from the crowd whilst some glared. Right now he really did not care, because this was f*cking graduation and all that mattered was himself right now. "Anyway, good morning all. It feels strange for me to be standing here and seeing all of us in our graduation robes. Recently we finished our exams and wasn't that hell? Look at us now. We're about to explore an entirely new chapter in our lives and honestly, I sure am ready for it." He grinned, looking at his audience in an excited manner with a kind of genuine light in those green orbs of his. "It's not because I want to get out of here and do something else, but it's because I've realized that my time in Hogwarts has shaped me to be the man I've wanted to become once I reached the age of 18." Sort of. Benjamin was still not huge on his awkward side though. "I am not saying I'm literally perfect, however I must say I'm thankful for all the challenges via overloading studies and other things..." He shot a glance at the professors before looking again at his audience. "Call me insane for being thankful however, hear me out." Benjamin looked down for a second or three, before looking up with an admitting smile. "Yes, we have all been through those dragging nights that we thought we could give up on. I, personally, thought those nights were the end of me. It took me some time to realize though that those little challenges molded us into something grater. Something stronger and more mature in terms of handling the things surrounding us." He recalled talking to Athena Zhefarovich, whom had joked he was more of a wise ass anyway. He couldn't totally deny that but the fact that there was the word "wise" added was kind of an improvement for him. "I've seen all of you mold into someone whose strengths can overcome their weaknesses. Don't call me a strange, psychoanalyzing person but it's just come to my attention that all of you... Yes, all of you, have matured and even if you don't see it, you could certainly handle anything that is out there in the real world." The looks on each of their faces were mixed and well, he was only stating something of his mind here. He wondered if what he was telling them made them realize that their efforts had paid off, or he was truly the Head Boy driven to insanity by the amount of schoolwork.

He paused for a good moment, surveying the crowd and what they had absorbed from him through his speech. He spotted his family - his father and mother were there, along with Victoria who looked like she was about to cry a flood. His younger brother was absent, but that did not decrease the blossom of warmth seeing his parents together there for him. He nodded at them in acknowledge and looked over at his classmates. There he spotted a few acquaintances and finally his eyes swept on Kia. He grinned at her because he felt that once he ended this speech, he was going to put up a celebration for all purebloods around his age. "Before all of you cry and feel sentimental, I'd like to thank the professors who guided us during our schooling. Thank you to the people who worked with me to keep the student body in order and thank you, classmates, for those seven years. Most especially, thank you to the people who supported me." He sighed, knowing this was coming to and end. Well, it finally has and his days of being Head Boy were over. "To the next Head Boy, I do hope you won't put things in chaos." A few chuckled because of this which made Benjamin even feel lighter with excitement. "That is all, class of 2036. Let's now all have a good life, shall we?" Those were his ending words and once he said it, he heard an applause from the people before him. He knew he did a good job. At least, he felt it. He was not the best Head Boy out there, but he sure was one of those that got to live through the reign of Slytherins in the castle. That was good. All of this made him soar.

Ava listened to the Head Boy and Head Girl's speeches, smiling proudly of who everyone had become. Everyone had come so far since they first started, and Professor Davershire was proud to have been part of their journey. Once they were finished with their speeches, Ava enthusiastically clapped along with the crowd and approached the podium as the two graduates made their way back to their seats.
"Thank-you Miss Pisces and Mr Chase, for your, uh, amazing words of encouragement. Class of 2036, remember this day fondly, but keep keeping on. Don't ever give up; always keep that chin up! Congratulations students!" Ava finished warmly. As she called each student up, and shook their hands, Ava wished each and every one of them luck, hoping the best for their futures.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates! You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

It was time for Graduation now. Something that Kialla Smith had never really expected to experience. Five years ago, she was being homeschooled by her Grandmother. Not something that was particularly enjoyable for her at any given time. More recently however she had been accepted as a transfer into Hogwarts and she had to admit that she had changed as a person since then. She had grown into something she was never sure she would ever be, independent. Regardless of the fact that Kialla had slowly become her own person, she was still worried that the moment she stepped into her families manor again, she was going to once again become the drone she had always been expected to be. Walking into the Graduation hall and taking her seat, Kialla waited patiently for the proceedings to start. She knew that her Grandmother and her sister were here. Also it was likely that her parents were also here and perhaps one or two of her other siblings. She would have liked to see Abel, but she had been worried about what would happen if he was caught by her Grandmother. It was bad enough that she was associating with him at school, it would be inexcusable to do so in earshot of her Grandmother or any other of her family for that matter.

Kialla looked up at the stage when the Graduation ceremony was at its start. First to speak was Isabella. Kialla didn't know much about her except that she was a Pureblood and a Slytherin. She didn't much care though to be honest because all she cared about was her own person. Getting caught up in other people's lives was dangerous, she knew that from experience. However the girl's speech surprised her. She would have thought that the girl would have at least learned the art of public speaking, as she had at a young age. For one to be able to express themselves in a clear manner was of extreme importance. At least that was what she had thought. She shook her head as the speech came to an end, only to sit up straighter when her best friend approached the podium. She smiled at him as he began to talk, noting that he was indeed still nervous if his hands on the podium were any indication. She was, however, quite proud that he managed to conceal it in his face. Something she had also been taught to do. He started to speak and Kialla grinned wider when he smiled at her. Before long the speeches were over and Kialla applauded with the rest of her classmates. Soon it was Kialla's turn to receive her final goodbye. Standing up at the call of her name and stepping across the stage, Kialla briefly pocked her tongue out at Ben before walking down the other side. She was now a graduate. The feeling was, amazing.

Today was the day that Peter had never imagined that he would reach. To be perfectly honest with himself he had thought that he would drop out as soon as he was 17 or earlier if he could and just play Quidditch full time and professional. For the longest time that was all that he could think that he wanted to do and he stuck to it and he had finally gotten official confirmation that he would be next seasons starting keeper for the Woolongong Warriors. He had yet to tell his family but the letter had only come in that mornings owl post and he still had the letter in his pocket. Excited about telling them the good news afterwards he took his seat and waited for the Ceremony to start along with the rest of his classmates. They talked excitedly for a few minutes until the Hall was brought to a hush and finally dead quiet as the Headmistress took to the stage to start the Ceremony.

Peter never really listened to the Headmistress any other time of the year but made an effort to do so today as it all about him and his classmates and their Graduation. Then it came to the Headboy and Headgirl's speeches, they were strange to say the least but it was their time to say what they wanted and they deserved it so he didn't pay mind to what they said, or lack of what they said. Clapping along with everyone else he waited patiently until his name was called out. Thankfully it was quite a small class so it wasn't long until his name was called out. It all seemed to go by like a blur from walking along the stage, collecting his diploma and then sitting back down. Once it was all over he went in search of his family, excited to tell them the good news.

Finally. Sergios Romanes could graduate with hope in his eyes for the first time in months. All he wanted was to move out of this place, and to start on his life. He would take Isabella off somewhere where they could watch their child grow, not that she knew about his plans yet. He would tell her soon enough. Sergios was officially out of his engagement, and he was more relieved than anything else. He did not want to marry that girl, whoever she was. All he knew was that she was some strange woman who seemed to be a pure-blood. And somehow, Sergios ended up getting another pure-blood girl pregnant. Well, either way, the pure-blood race was still going. He was not sure if that was his intention, but whatever, he got what he needed. He walked into the Great hall and noticed the decorations which were different from what he had ever seen before, well, before this day. They were similar to the last year's decorations, but everything seemed better. It might have been because this was his graduation. That had to be it. Sergios stood around, and waited for the Head People's speeches. He did not know the Head Boy personally, but he definitely knew the Head Girl.

She was up first, and her speech was entirely short. It made him chuckle. She did fail at leaving the school without hitting anyone. Sergios heard the other boy's speech, which did not faze him at all. Instead, he kept his eyes on Isabella, and clapped when he heard everyone else clap. He walked up to the podium once his name was called. He shook Headmistress Davershire's hand before he took his diploma. He walked off the stage, and he raised his diploma up so that his family could see. He invited his oldest siblings since he knew them the best. They would be proud of him, like he was. He was finally done with school, for now and for all eternity. Now, he just had to break the good news about being accepted into a professional soccer team, or as they call around here, football.

It was finally graduation, and Kailie Styx had mixed feelings about this. Dressed in her best, which included dress robes, and her blonde hair straightened. It rested flat and flowed on her shoulders and on her back. She hoped that Alessine would be proud of her accomplishments, and how they both would be sent off, married to some man that neither liked. Kailie could grow to like Caspian, but her stubbornness eliminated that possibility. She instead hated with all she could, and nurtured her anger into a full rage. She would not have any kids, and she would not extend the pure-bloods like her father wanted. Kailie sighed and she turned her head up to look in the mirror. The Slytherin prefect that did not do much at all to earn such a privilege was graduating. She let out a sigh and walked out of her dorm, followed the path to go to the Great Hall and enter. She walked over to the other graduates, and stood around with them, not saying a word to anyone. She was leaving behind no friends, and she did not even gain one. She kept to herself. That was the way that she wanted it, but she was not too happy with it either.

'I wonder if anyone here will remember me for anything. I did help Slytherin win the cup, and it wouldn't be the first time I was the seeker and won,' thought Kailie as she listened to the Headmistress with one ear. She turned her head up to see the Head Girl, and heard her speech, which was not shocking. The Head Girl had a lot of guts talking to the school like that, but she did not seem like a bad person. Isabella was just hard to get along with, and Kailie was sure that she was the same way. She looked down and clapped respectively toward both of the Slytherin Heads. Their speeches were something else. Now it was time for the diplomas. Once Professor Davershire called out her name, she walked up to the woman and took the diploma. Once it was done, Kailie walked over to see her mom, dad and her sister. The ones that mattered to her the most. This school, it was nothing special that she was leaving behind.

Benjamin smiled back at the Head of the school cheekily when she thanked him and Isabella. The next thing he knew was that everyone was starting to get called to receive their diplomas. Benjamin was feeling rather weird and everything sunk in in that moment. The fact that he would not live here anymore was weird. The fact that he would spend more time being in America was startlingly comforting. All was a spiral engulfing him in the various new changes that were starting at this very moment and Benjamin was feeling only two emotions at the moment. He was glad and very, very tired. The first was of course, expected, for every student that went through their NEWTs thought that being glad it was over was the understatement of the century. He was tired as well. He was drained intellectually and he was only ready to hit the comforts of his bed once he got home to his own country. A lot happened in the past few weeks. Right now, everything was rapidly simmering down and all Benjamin could do was to accept it. Being chucked out of Hogwarts was what he waited for ever since he encountered his OWLs. He knew there were so much more things he could do in the outside world. This school was not even a one-sixteenth of what the Outside could offer. Overall, Benjamin was excited for his new life. He was determined to make something out of himself as soon as he got his hands on that diploma of his.

When the Headmistress called him over, he stood up from his seat and walked to her with a lazy, smug half grin, half smirk hanging on his lips. Benjamin felt his initial nervousness flutter away and in that momentum, he felt all his titles stripped off from him. He was not the Head Boy, he was not the prefect he used to be and certainly was not the president of the SDA anymore. The sole thing he felt was his identity as a Slytherin and his pride that came with it. Nothing more, nothing less. He took the diploma from the Headmistress and thanked her shortly. The paper in his hand felt so light and he could almost throw it in the air without caring where it would land. However, he did not do that. He stepped down and glanced at his family who he grinned at. Next, he looked at Kia with a boyish grin and winked. Finally, he was free off the chains the school had clasped him in and he could do whatever he thought piqued his interest. "About damn time..." He breathed and took in the sight before him. It was goodbye Hogwarts forever and honestly, he did not see himself coming back in the next ten years or so!

This was the moment she had been waiting for the entire year and truthfully, Alliyah felt far from special. It was not like she would graduate this school and everyone would remember her. No, she would graduate this school and forget that she spent the last seven years of her life here. Well, at least she would remember the useful spells they taught but that was about it. Any old, schoolgirl rivals or house rivals would be forgotten the moment she set a foot outside the bloody school. The insignificant crushes she gained for herself will be over and in the outside world where professors no longer reigned and students with badges had more control over you, Alliyah was damn ready to begin her journey out of Hogwarts. She arrived rather late to the ceremony and when she spotted only Artemis there to support her, she smiled gratefully. Her older sister who was the former Head Girl was present and without her, Ally doubted she could do this alone with no other rock of support but herself. This was a moment to remember despite not feeling particularly spectacular about her own classmates. Ally sat down on her seat with her graduation robes around her, feeling flustered with being a few minutes late. The Headmistress was doing her brief intro and well, the Head Girl took over. Ally looked up and saw the familiar brunette take over the stage to deliver her final message as Head Girl. She held an aura that was so repulsive for Ally so never in her stay here at the castle did she even approach the girl. The next was the Head Boy, who started his speech with a dry joke that made her roll her eyes. She really did not know him except for his infamous view on the social hierarchy of their world. People like him made her think the wizarding world was still stuck in the Victorian Era. As soon as their speeches were over, Ally clapped like the civilized person she was to acknowledge their words. They were both Slytherins who saw their house rise against the other houses. What a displeasing coincidence.

Ally now felt rather flushed. She was getting her diploma - that thing that assured her she was done with her seven years of schooling. From the years one to five, everything seemed so blissful. Her last two years in the school were more than dragging. They were just to tediously tiring and Ally felt the excess energy she had was better off someplace else. She figured that getting out of Hogwarts would help her realize where that place might be. To start, she heard her name being called throughout the hall and she stood up and walked to the Headmistress. She nodded her head and offered a weak smile. Alliyah was finally done with all the bulls*t. She caught sight of Artemis' unwavering gaze and flashed her a smile of relief. Everything felt so intensely lifting afterwards. Perhaps this was the feeling of transitioning into her new life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back