OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It was the third time this week that Kat had drank over a gallon of water and paced around the apartment for close to fifteen minutes before heading the bathroom and ripping the little stick out of the foil wrapper and promptly peed on it. Replacing the cap on the test she set the timer for three minutes and set about to pacing once again. When the dinging of the bell sounded she took a deep breath in and exhaled sharply before picking up the tiny stick in her hand and examining it. Sure enough, for yet the third time, two pink lines bright and big as day. "I'm pregnant," she said out loud to herself with tears brimming her eyes and spilling over. "I'm actually friggin pregnant," she squealed and jumped around, doing a little happy dance.</COLOR></FONT>
~Later That Evening~
<FONT font="georgia"><COLOR color="lightcoral">

Kat had finished prepping dinner and had everything prepared to tell her husband that they were expecting. The bubbly brunette bounced around the dining room and set the table, placing in the middle of it a box of muggle brand waffles and a jar of spaghetti sauce. She figured he wouldn't get it right away, but for some reason she thought it would be a cute guessing game. Once everything was set and ready she plopped down on the couch and waited for Chace to get home, knowing that he would be along any time now.

The former lioness was flipping through a magazine when she heard the front door open and before he even had a chance to close it behind him she said with a smirk without looking up from her reading, "Shoes off mister!" She turned and looked at him and beamed from ear to ear and said, "Why good evening my sexy hunk of a husband. How was your day? I'll bet you're starving. Lucky for you I have played the good wife today and prepared you a scrumptious meal." The petite brunette walked over to her husband and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him, softly at first, but then all her excitement poured over into the kiss. When she pulled back she noticed that Chace gripped her tighter around the waist and pulled her closer to him, kissing her neck and saying, "What did you do and how much is it going to cost me?" Katalina feigned a hurt expression as she swatted at him and pulled herself from his grip. "Hey now...can't I just do something nice for my wonderful husband without the inquisition," she said as she stuck her tongue out at him and added, "Now sit before you hurt my feelings." The former Slytherin did as he was told, but eyed his woman suspiciously. Sure Kat was generous and loving, but she was acting like a perfect little stepford wife and he knew good and darn well that wasn't the norm so he felt he had every right to be a little on edge.

Rubbing his hands together he asked, "So what, my love, have you prepared for us this evening?" He watched as she flitted around the kitchen and as she said, "Oh, I almost forgot...I left the buns in the oven." Kat looked at him with her blue eyes big as dinner plates, but realized that expression was lost on him so she said, "Meatloaf, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and bread." The brunette set the food on the table and Chace's mouth was practically watering as she served up the food on the plates, but his expression became curious when he noticed a box of Eggo's and a jar of Prego on the table along with the rest of the small feast. "So waffles and spaghetti sauce? Did you have a hard time deciding what to make for dinner," he asked a little dumbfounded, but had decided a long time ago to just stop trying to decipher the logic that ran through his wifes mind. Kat was getting antsy and she tapped her fingers on the table next to her plate as she watched her husband tuck into his dinner plate. Then something popped into her mind and she grinned. "It was the strangest thing. I had a craving earlier for waffles with tomato sauce. Isn't that odd? Next thing you know I'll be wanting something like pickles and ice cream," she said, waiting to guage his reaction to see if he'd get it.

Chace looked up from his plate and cocked his brow at his beautiful, but odd bride. "Waffles and tomato sauce? Pickles and ice cream," he said with a chuckle as he forked another bite into his mouth before adding, "What kind of cravings are those? What are you...pregn..." Chace Harker dropped his fork in the floor as he looked at his wife. Kat bit the inside of her cheeks to keep from laughing as she took in Chace's expression. "Pregnant? Is that what you were going to say? Well, baby...we're having a baby," she said as her face lit up and her blue eyes beamed with joy.

Chace took a few deep breaths, mostly because he felt he was going to pass out and he knew that wouldn't sit well with his wife at all, and stood up and paced a few steps back and forth in the dining room. Well...he didn't hit the floor like I thought he would Kat thought to herself as she turned in her seat and watched her husband. "You're going to wear a hole in my floor, good sir. Sickle for your thoughts," she said, trying to figure out what it was her sweetie was thinking. Chace stopped and dropped to his knees in front of Katalina and looked from her belly to her face and back again before a grin broke across his lips. "We're pregnant. I made that. We made that." The young man looked up at his love and beamed brightly and gave her a thumbs up. He stood and grabbed Kat's hands and pulled her to him and embraced her tightly, burying his face in her hair. Tears of joy flowed down Kat's cheeks as she said, "You did good dad."

If there was one thing that Katalina Harker knew in this moment it was that she was going to be just fine because she had the best husband in the world. He may not have been bravest of men, but he loved her and he was going to be an amazing father to their child. The three of them would be the happiest little family and the young lioness couldn't have asked for anything more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back