Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Nikko)
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Unyielding Willow Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Aubrey was thankful Nikko had invited her to the graduation, even if it felt bittersweet. She'd tried to dress cute, though a hint more casual, and sat nervously in the crowd as she waited through the ceremony. She caught his eye once, smiling almost shyly and waving. She waited through the graduation, cheering for Nikko as he graduated and clapping politely for everyone else. Once the ceremony had ended, she walked over to her friend, giving him a shy smile as she ducked a bit to try and catch his eye. "Hey, you made it," She offered, straightening and folding her hands lightly behind her back. She felt the flush on her cheeks, and her heart fluttered. She knew they had agreed to wait, but it still felt like everything had changed.

Nikko still felt dazed as he took his first steps as a graduate. He scanned the hall and found his parent's quickly. His mom pulled him into a crushing hug and wouldn't stop gushing about seeing the school for the first time. Nikko hadn't realized how much she had been paying attention over the years as he told her about school until she started pointing around the hall and commenting on things he had told her about. She even managed to point out some of his friends. His dad shook his hand and was understandably less excited but he did crack a smile long enough to tell Nikko that he was proud of him. He wanted to talk to them more and maybe even show them around but he spotted Aubrey and broke off apologetically to go talk to her for what might be the last time for a while. "Hey." he said a little breathlessly, and was surprisingly nervous. He laughed at her comment and couldn't really believe it either. "By some miracle." he said with another laugh. He wasn't sure how he got through his NEWTs but he did. "So..." he said, unsure of what to say. There was so much he couldn't say and it all felt connected which left him with nothing. "Any fun plans for break?" he said lamely.

Last edited:
Aubrey bit her lip, considering, before reaching almost shyly for his hand. "I've just got some volleyball training, but other than that not much." She offered. "What about you? Any big plans, Mr. adult?" She teased him gently, trying to lighten the mood. The air between them felt charged. She wanted to step closer, maybe kiss him, maybe just hide her face in his neck, but she stopped herself, thinking it would be too much.

Nikko smiled to himself when he noticed Aubrey reaching out her hand and he took it gently. He nodded along as she talked about her plans. "That sounds fun." he said and found it hard to sound and genuine as he wanted to be. Why was it so hard to be normal anymore. But he laughed when she called him an adult. He didn't feel like one at all. He was technically an adult in the wizarding community but he wouldn't be considered one in Australia for another month or so. "Well I'll probably go home for a bit and spend time with my parents." he said with a sigh. He knew he was supposed to be starting his post grad life but he was still tired from exams and could use a bit of a vacation. But there was some news he had been keeping to himself. He looed at Aubrey a bit sheepishly. “But I've heard there's going to be some quidditch try-outs happening soon.”

Aubrey listened to Nikko easily, unthinkingly stepping just a little bit closer. She smiled at his words. "Rest is always good," She murmured, reaching up to try and brush his hair back out of habit. She looked surprised for a moment at his words before smiling brightly. "Nikko! That's great," She gushed, squeezing his hand. "You're going to do amazing, I know it. Just don't forget us little people when you're a big, fancy Quidditch star," She teased him gently, unable to help but giggle.

Nikko felt a little embarrassed as Aubrey brushed his hair out of his face knowing his parents were probably watching this whole thing and would no doubt pester him with questions but he didn't care that much. He mostly had to try not to lean into her touch. "Well I have to make the team first." he laughed but felt his cheeks flush at her excitement. He didn't like the thought that he wouldn't get to see her for so long. "I would never. I'll be the one giving tickets to anyone who will listen." he joked, remembering that Harper had once insisted she get free tickets if he ever went pro.

Aubrey laughed lightly, wrapping her free arm around her torso and smiling up at him. "Well, I'll go to all your games if you come to all of mine," She countered, thinking it would be nice to have him around. He'd always been one of her biggest supporters, and she didn't want to play if he wasn't in her corner. "I'm thinking maybe I'll go for a scholarship, get a degree in teaching and play college volleyball, try to go pro for a while after," She mused, unthinkingly rubbing her thumb over the back of the hand she held. She sighed, stepping closer and laying her head on his shoulder. "It's going to be boring without you around to bother next year," She complained, trying to make a joke out of it.

"I wouldn't miss it." Nikko said quickly. Or he would at least do his best. He hadn't bothered to get his apparition license in his sixth year and was now regretting that oversight. But he was sure he would figure it out. He would make it work for her. He laughed a little as Aubrey explained her plan. "Sounds like you've got it all figured out." he said playfully. He also seemed like he had his life figured out but trying out for a team felt more like a shot in the dark than an actual plan. But maybe that was just what being an adult was like. Nikko sighed as she rested her head against his chest and shared her feelings. He knew he would be dreadfully bored. He raised their hands up and he kissed the back of her hand. "I'm sure you'll be able to make your own fun. I'm the one who has be an adult now." he teased lightly, hoping it would lighten the mood.

Aubrey's breath hitched as Nikko kissed her hand. "What are you doing tonight?" She asked on impulse, trying to figure out what to say. "We- we could... go out for dinner? N-not like, on a date or anything, but um-" She swallowed hard and pulled back just a bit, peeking up at him. "We could celebrate?" She offered, almost shyly. She wasn't sure why she was acting like this- nothing had changed, but everything had changed, all at once.

Nikko frowned and felt his stomach drop when Aubrey asked him about his plans for the night. "I'm spending it with my parents. They would kill me if I tried to get out of it." he said gently. He laughed a little when she insisted that it wouldn't be a date. There was a part of him that was glad he had an excuse. Saying goodbye here was bad enough but to prolong it and have to do it again later? He wasn't sure if he was strong enough for that. "I can wait." he said. "I can wait and we can celebrate next year, together. Alright?" he asked and squeezed her hand again.

Aubrey's heart dropped at his words, and she couldn't quite help the way her smile wavered. "So... we can't see each other at all?" She asked softly, lowering her eyes. "O-oh..." She took a small step back, gently withdrawing her hand. "I... didn't realize this was such a final goodbye..." She spoke gently, trying to pull her thoughts together. She held her hands loosely in front of her chest, her mind racing.

Nikko's heart sank when he saw Aubrey's disappointment. That was the last think he wanted but this was what they agreed to. He reached out and took her hands in his to try and steady her. He caught her eye and tried to sound as reassuring as he could be. "It's a goodbye. But defiantly no the last." he said softly. "I promise. There will be so many hellos and goodbyes in the future, this one even matter." He bent down and kissed her fingers. He felt like he needed to do something, but didn't dare do anything more.

Aubreys heart fluttered in her chest and she took a tiny step closer, her breath hitching as he kissed her hands. She felt the blush on her cheeks and she bit her lip, looking up at him again through her lashes. She struggled to find anything to say, and instead she leant in again, laying her head on his shoulder and sighing softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back