Good things come to those Who wait

Nastasia Caliburn

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
SQUIB - Not Allowed A Wand!
Nastasia had been looking forward to this day for well over two months now. Her previous day off had been rudely curtailed as Thorine had to leave on a business venture and had not returned until days later and refused to allow her to have her day off then. It had been beyond insulting and though Goia had actually attempted to comfort her and make amends by insisting it would never happen again, Nastasia was well aware that it would and quite frequently if Thorine was given the opportunity. Of course without any magic to aid her, she felt utterly defenseless in standing up for herself and had been in the end quite taken aback that the Dolohov family house elf had indeed kept his word to her and taken the children bright and early this morning so she could have her most well deserved day off.

Grateful that the sun was shining, Nassie had gone to Obsidian bright and early to get whatever supplies she needed and promised herself a trip to the Mall later on in the day but for the glorious weather, she felt disgruntled to spend even one hour indoors.

The countryside itself was breathtaking and she often chided herself that she had not taken more time to view it properly but that was what today would be for. She walked now through the green lush countryside with her sketch pad and charcoals and on seeing the most glorious waterfall in the distance found herself wishing fervently that she could apparate to it. Settling instead to sitting on a large tree stump, she began to make some lazy sketches before of course her doodling took her to some new tattoo designs. Nastasia was a dressmaker of the most remarkable talent wasted now as she took care of her cousins children but she had also over the years of drifting in and out of the muggle world learnt the art of body painting. Her own body was like a perfectly designed easel most of which she had covered today except for the small symbol on her ankle as her sandalled feet stuck out beneath the white cotton length of her summer skirt, an American Indian styled beaded top covered her chest and torso while only thin straps criss crossed her back revealing the most intricate art work on her beautiful tanned skin.

Her raven hair having grown out a bit now hung just below her shoulders, falling slightly to cover the side of her face as she glanced up and down a few times as if drawing inspiration from the view around her.
"Beautiful" she could not help but utter breathlessly, glad of the silence save the distant lapping of water cascading from the rock face.

Amauri recently moved to New Zealand, for the start of a new life, a new beginning for him and maybe his son. Amauri would not be sending Vincent to Hogwarts here. Why take him away from his friends during his last year? It would be utterly pointless. Amauri finished unpacking everything in his home, and he frowned at the furniture. It was the same as Cyrille had picked out before she was murdered. He let out a sorrowful sigh. Amauri hated the fact that she was killed by a group of murderous fiends. For no reason other than standing up for herself.

That was the entire reason why he became an Auror. To fight off those fiends and embrace his family’s bloodline of Aurors. Cyrille had been one, and a model on the side. Amauri was thankful that the New Zealand Ministry accepted him into their Aurors, and he would be working for them. Amauri wanted nothing more but to rid the world of Dark people, but it was impossible to do. Perhaps lessen the threat maybe. And after a few words, he heard that New Zealand had some creepy people lurking about. Amauri could not wait until he could get out and hunt down some of those people, and throw them into Azkaban, where they deserved to rot. Amauri put on a dark grey jacket, before he headed outside for some fresh air and some touring of the countryside.

The sun felt great against his skin, and he inhaled the fresh air with some sort of happiness. He walked, admiring the grass and everything around with his vivid blue eyes. His eyes spotted a woman, around his age if not younger. Deciding to get to know this person, he approached her, and he stopped short a few feet. Amauri greeted softly, quietly, his blue eyes had warmth to them, “Bonjour…” Amauri had to remember, use English. “Um, I mean, hello.” If his French accent did not give away where he was from, then the short slip of his native language did

The distinct French voice caused her to halt her charcoal mid stroke, tilting her head slightly she could see from her peripheral vision that a man stood close to her. Usually she would feel a panic overwhelm her especially in the magical world but somehow none did. She waited another few seconds to see and when still her heart did not race with apprehension Nastasia turned to look up in to the most vivid blue eyes she had ever seen. For possibly the first time in her entire life, her heart froze. Missed a beat as if in shock, in awe of the man before her. She smiled, the action slow as if afraid he would disappear if her movements were more sudden.

"I knew what it meant" she told him matter of factly, the smile still played on her lips, "Hello to you too".

She was at a loss now, never before had this been the case. Then again never before had she found herself alone in a beautiful countryside with a startling looking man. He seemed to radiate goodness, ooze it from every pore. Nastasia was so used to being on her guard constantly at the Dolohov household that she was now afraid the sunshine, the beauty of the surroundings had undone her so much that she was imagining things all too vividly.
"You are visiting here perhaps?" her own lilting Italian voice sounded as alien to the beauty around them as his had.

This woman was beautiful, and for once since his beloved was murdered, he felt rather speechless, and nervous. A tiny bit of a smile graced his features, and he put his hands in the pockets of his jacket. As a trained Auror, he always carried his wand with him, and he was usually suspicious of everyone. Including the females. Letting his guard down once he listened to her voice, Amauri knew that this woman could not be a Death Eater. Unless she was fooling him. Some women were clever like that. Amauri however did not even think that this woman could even be around them. How wrong he was though.

"I just moved here, from Paris. It would be a fresh start for me, I would hope." From what he has heard, New Zealand offered many opportunities. And he kept his Auror job, so that was a relief. If only he had known someone before moving here. However, due to Amauri's serious attitude, and lack of humor, it was hard for him to socialize with certain people. Constantly suspecting everyone of evil, it was a nightmare. He was overprotective of his son as well, ever since that incident. Amauri caught some Italian accent in her voice, and he inquired, "Are you visiting?" Amauri was lucky that his English was remotely understandable.

With a outstretch of his hand, Amauri introduced himself, "Amauri Chevalier."

Her fingers were dusted with the black of the charcoal, attempting to wipe her hands on the cloth beside her ready for that very purpose she wondered if he would notice she did not clean herself magically. Placing the worn piece of charcoal back into its little tin she left the sketching pad rest on her lap as she looked at him. His voice was like the sound of the distant waterfall, breathtaking yet irresistible. Nastasia had some experience with men, she dated all of two in her life time. Not very much in the grand scheme of things but enough for her. One had been a muggle who had begrudged her everything, from her gifts of drawing and dressmaking to simply breathing. He had been a bully, over possessive of her and territorial most especially when anyone came near her. She was now long rid of him, he having been the first boy she had ever dated at the tender age of 16years. The other had been a half-blood wizard that she had met through her own family. He had seemed lovely had not apparently minded too much that she was a squib but that had all been for show. Out of sight of everyone else he ridiculed her after he had a bad day, jeered and insulted her and had once used his magic against her.

Convinced that any man she came in contact with would inevitably hurt her, she had decided to live her life without one and for the most part she had been happy. Until watching her cousin and her children, she knew that she had missed out somewhere. It was those times she knew it was merely her biological clock ticking wildly, she would never let another man hurt her again.

Nastasia was therefore utterly confused that she was reacting so physically to this man, a complete stranger who could be all manner of things.
"Paris is very beautiful. Do you miss it yet?" there seemed a sadness there that compelled her to speak, to listen, not to run from him. She still felt strongly somehow that he was inherently good.
"I am now living here also" she tore her gaze away, it seemed so foolish now a grown woman taking care of her cousin's children. He would think she was incapable of getting a job of her own. Finding his broken English as endearing as the actual man she placed her own small delicate hand in his, forgetting mometarily that there was still charcoal on the finger tips.
"Nastasia Caliburn" her smile was as dazzling as the sun above them, her hand felt warm in his. Warm and ... she wanted to pull it back but the sensation that stole upwards through her hand, intoxicated her body. Her deep brown eyes looked up into his blue and for the first time in such a long time she felt utterly save in someones presence.

Amauri was finding himself somewhat ashamed. This woman, she was pleasant, more so than any other that he meant on occasion. In his life, he only had Cyrille, and once she was taken from him, Amauri vowed to only care for his son, raising him in the most respectable manner, and which made Amauri rather over-protective. The death of his beloved caused him to go into a world without humor, and it was rare alone to see him smile in public. And to a complete stranger. "Paris has its perks, but I rather live in a quieter neighborhood. Perhaps one time, if it would be bold of me to ask, that you could show me around a little bit?"

If it was one thing that Amauri could not do, it was walk around a new place, and find where everything is as if he were living here his entire life. Amauri could adapt, but it would take him about three months to get a tiny village in his memory. Once her hand was in his, Amauri felt no danger, no threat. It was alarming, but he failed to show it through his facial expression. His blue eyes fell into a state of shock for a split second, before returning back to their gentle state. "Lovely name... It is a pleasure to meet you, Nastasia." A faint smile touched his lips. He released her hand from his gentle gesture, and he did not mind the very little charcoal that was upon his hand. Instead, he put his hands back into his pockets, and was at a loss of words. Nastasia dazzled him...

Nastasia slid from the rock she had been sitting on and began to tidy up her few pieces of equipment before turning to him once more. It was strange that she did not know him and yet she felt as if she had known him all her life. With everything placed inside her cotton satchel she turned to look at him, once more with a smile. She could not remember the last time she had smiled at an adult. Every one that she knew here in the magical world seemed somehow morbid and very few dared raise their lips in any attempt at a show of happiness. So this was nice, better than nice. It felt normal and perfect.

His name replayed itself in her head, quite possibly the most romantic sounding name she had ever heard.
"If you are not doing anything now I would love to show you about" she winced at her own boldness as she placed her bag on her shoulder, "I do apologize, you obviously have other things to do. I sometimes forget myself, the company of adults" she refrained from saying adults who spoke or who did not treat her like some sort of skivvy, "alludes me often. I work with children."[font]

Sorry it sucks... :/

Amauri shook his head, “Oh no, I have nothing to do today. You see, I’m…I’m an Auror.” Amauri figured that Nastasia would know who or what that is. The ultimate force of good. They battled the evils of the world, and though evils would always exist, so would Aurors. It was the reason why he even lived in this world. After all, Amauri had his run ins with Death Eaters, saw their evil, and was not about to let them win. “Working with children is a good thing. I only have one son, and he graduates from Beauxbatons next year.” He was not graced with another though. Amauri was splendid with children.

His words stunned her momentarily, she had seriously not contemplated that he would agree. For some strange unexplicable reason Nastasia found she simply wanted to spend time with him, a complete and utter stranger but then he was telling her what he was and her mouth could not help turning up slowly until the sun that shone seemed to pale in comparison with her smile. She had felt his goodness, as surely as she could breathe in and out she had felt it. As he continued to speak she could not help the sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach when he mentioned his son. Nastasia smiled again she should have known he would be married, that some beautifully perfect witch had snapped him up long ago. Ducking her head as she pushed some hair behind her ear, she felt utterly self conscious and wished now that he had said no to her offer. Nassie quickly chastised herself, just because the man was married was no excuse for her not to befriend him and offer him some hospitality in a strange country and yet her heart felt desolate at the thought of him with his family.

"Wow, graduating? I have no children myself. I.. have never " she stopped embarrassed now, what could she tell him that she was a squib and had spent the most of her life between this world and the human world not feeling a connection to any no matter that her entire family were purebloods. That she had not been able to trust any man in the longest time, not mind settle down with one. Taking a step forward her foot caught on a rock and she stumbled slightly reaching a hand out instinctively only to find his arm. Quickly she left it go as the searing jolt of electrical currant seemed to pierce her. Nastasia could only look from her hand to his arm, chiding herself for the romantic notions that flooded her. He was married, with a child! She would seriously have to get a grip fast before she made a complete fool of herself.

"I am sorry, clumsy I usually am not" she faltered fixing her bag once more on her shoulder as her gaze found his face and those startling blue eyes.

[sorry so late :( ]

Dude, it is fine, Linda. :) Post is awesome! Mine sucks cause Amauri won't work with me. ):

"That's a shame. But it would be rather rude of me to ask why. My son is...rather grown up and I'm glad that he is getting over the fact that his mother passed," Amauri bit his lip but no sadness came to his blue eyes, for once. Amauri found him dumbstruck. Why in the world was he revealing such information, to a stranger? Something about her caused him to open up, but he was still that shy guy inside, waving a white and red flag unable to speak at times. Amauri snapped into action when Nastasia fell. He had one hand on her waist to help steady her, and when he too felt that jolt, his blue eyes widened. Physical contact lost, his hands went back into his pockets.

"Um, it is fine. Clumsiness is all right in small doses," Amauri attempted to hide his embarrassment but it was obviously not working as well as he planned. Amauri bit his lip and he blurted out softly, "Nastasia, would you like to join me in getting some coffee? I know there is a coffee shop around here...somewhere..."

How foolish she was being, his hand momentarily at her waist felt so beautiful and so perfect as if his hands were made simply for touching her, for holding her. Nastasia nearly gasped aloud at where her thoughts were taking her but she could not help them now. She had never been so overwhelmed by a man before, everything about him drew her in, enveloped her completely. As her mind whirled from the contact it took all her strength to focus on what he was saying to her. Was it so very wrong of her to be happy that he was single? She felt such a terrible person for thinking it but once again knew that this could not be helped. The idea of telling him that she had not met anyone right enough in her view to want to have children with did come to her but Nassie knew she could not even begin that sentence for fear that by the end of it she would be simply adding on something as singularly romantic such as 'not until now' as she gazed into his eyes.

This was hopeless and madness and every other bizarre combination of crazy she could think of. It only happened in books not real life. Amauri asked her if she would like to get some coffee and without even thinking she smiled and nodded her head, reached for his hand as if she had been doing the very same action since time began and interlocked her fingers with his. She tried to ignore the fact that her hand felt so wonderfully at home there. That the static that had shot through her before was still there but as she was now not moving her hand it reduced to the most delicious tremors that made her smile even more. Looking into those magnificent blue eyes of his she knew she was not daring enough to do more than hold his hand, no matter how old she was. He was making her feel like a silly school girl.
"I know exactly where it is, about a mile up the road here" she took a step in that direction, wondering if he would comment on why they were walking and not apparating there. He would know soon enough of what she was and it scared her to think he might leave her company because of it.

Why does this woman affect him in a similar way that his wife that passed away did? Nastasia was one of a kind, Amauri knew this, but so was Cyrille. Amauri wondered to himself, why would he even bother attempting any sort of friendship with this woman, when it could easily turn into something much more? Though Cyrille had told him that if anything happened, find another who makes him happier. Could that person be standing in front of him? No no, he shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions so soon! Heck, she could be completely different than what she seemed to be right now. However, that something in her sparked Amauri’s attention, and he was no shallow man.

Amauri kept himself from reacting in a bad manner when she held his hand. The electricity, the warmth, it was as if she belonged there, with him. Though because of who he was, he would have to just take baby steps. Tiny…tiny steps. Amauri breathed the air a bit shakily. Never had he really received such chemistry from one person. It was hard to hold himself together, like an Auror should. “That sounds pleasant.” Walking, that was just fine with him. Though that did not stop him from inquired softly, his steps quiet but along side with hers, “If you don’t mind me asking, why not apparate there? The day is lovely, and a walk is preferable, but I do need to know.” Amauri was oblivious to the fact that she was a squib; that would have no affect on him though.

She knew with his line of work, suspicion was rive and he would ask would feel obligated to ask. How was he to know who or what she was, she could very easily have been lying in wait for him and have an ambush ready further up the road. This amused her no end and she could not refrain from smiling. Each step they took pained her as his question was asked. Nastasia stopped walking and turned to face him. Would she see disgust there once he knew? Slowly and with much hesitation she released his hand but her eyes did not leave his even once.

"I can not apparate" the words were said with as much pride as she could muster, though she felt ashamed on the inside. Wishing that she had not been the one in her family to have been born a squib. Now that she had said that much, she would have to continue. Her gaze fell to her fingers that fumbled with each other for something to do before she looked at him once more.

"I am from a magic family, a pureblood family but I ... I am a" the name disgusted her, had always disgusted her. She had tried so hard to shake the name, the wretched tag stapled to her by the wizarding community but how else could she describe to him what she was, "a squib. I can not apparate."
There she had told him, had said the words that would make him walk away. She took a step back so as to make it easier on him, feeling pain etched in her heart already and wishing just once life would allow her some happiness just for her.

Amauri stopped walking, the same as she. The hand was released, and he did as he naturally did, which was put them in his pockets. What was she going to say? This was a bit more interesting to him than anything. But it worried him at the same time. Could it have such an effect on her, that he missed it? "I can not apparate" Those words sank into his mind, as he did his best to figure out how. The pride was what thrown him off. Would one not be embarrassed if they could not apparate? Amauri preferred walking himself, unless he was in a hurry. Or even flooing. Perhaps she had an accident and splinched off something? Amauri's blue eyes gazed over her body. Nothing seemed to be missing. Everything looked so damn perfect.

Over this public display of examination of such a beauty, Amauri blushed heavily. However, she explained it, and Amauri's eyes did not lessen in their gentleness, but his heart warmed. Was this it? Amauri felt the need just to protect her even more. This was his weakness. He fell so easily, thanks to the chemistry that they shared. Amauri finally smiled warmly, and his words were delicate, caring, "Was this it? I'm...I'm not a prejudice man." The smile faltered, and Amauri sighed. Did she think that he was like all those other jerks? When his mother was a muggle-born and his father a pure-blood, supposedly? Amauri inquired softly, "Did you assume that I would cast you away, like trash on the street? I see everyone as equals, Nastasia. Did I give you a reason to think that I would?" Amauri mentally went over his actions. He didn't do anything wrong, did he?

She watched him intently, how could she not when his gaze roved over her form so ... appreciatively. Nastasia blushed never having seen anyone gaze at her that way. She had always had oglers of course but nothing came close to how Amauri was looking at her now. Her legs felt as if they would not hold her much longer, especially when she saw the color seep into his own cheeks after his visual inspection of her. His words then tore through her and she gasped, ashamed of herself. Biting her lower lip she took a step closer to him, her eyes pleading with him.

"I am so sorry, please forgive me" her voice was so soft, as tender as she was any more so and it would be lost amongst the noise of the waterfall, "I am so used to people judging me that I have wronged you by judging you first. It is not something I usually do, I am always on guard I suppose and always ready to be defensive but I have never actually misjudged someone before. I should not have assumed that you would be like everyone else, how could you be when I ..."
she abruptly stopped herself before she said too much, fearing she already had. She had known the moment she had seen him that he was not like anyone else, Nastasia had felt for the first time in her life that love at first sight might actually be possible. Ducking her head in shame, her fingers knotted themselves together nervously. She would not blame him if he walked away or apparated away from her now.
"Forgive me?" she dared to look at him once more, her heart completely on her sleeve as she did so.

Amauri listened to her words, before he started to realize something. I bet she was mistreated by others because she cannot do magic and yet she is of pure-blood. This was only an assumption, and it seemed so personal, and not to be asked on a first day meeting. Amauri smiled, "I do not hold you to blame, Nastasia. It appears out of instinct that you would. Do not ask me to forgive you when it really isn't your fault... I am different than most, I suppose, and I guess I do come across as someone who would be judgmental." Amauri glanced down at his form. Muscular, tall, and with a serious expression. Someone could easily misjudge him.

Amauri held his hand out for her, so they could continue their walk, "I only have issues against Death Eaters. They are the only people that I believe are lower than the dirt. Blood type, muggles, muggle-borns, and magical folk are all people in my eyes, and need to be protected and deserve equal treatment, same as you, Nastasia." Amauri had never spoken so much in one setting. He had become so withdrawn since his beloved died so many years ago. Now, it seems like Nastasia has crept in, and unlocked his gentleness from inside. Amauri wondered if things would turn out just as heavenly as before. Even now, the differences between them seemed just another obstacle to overcome. If his former friend were here though, he would not approve of Amauri's path that he had chosen, or the woman that he was talking to now. Amauri shoved Alphonse Snow out of his mind, unaware that he was a Death Eater.

It had possibly been his stern exterior that had made her speak before thinking but why she would have presumed so hastily was beyond her. She could only put it down to the fact that around him she was not thinking straight, around him everything changed. The air seemed charged, everything seemed brighter more alive and perfect. She looked at the hand he offered her and as she looked at it extending her own hand slowly to meet it, Nastasia wondered if she would feel the same sensations as before? Had it just been her imagination or was there truly something there between her and this man. His words made her thoughtful, she knew on her nieces side of the family that way back the line to Merlina's great grandfather death eaters had been rife in the family. The Caliburns were different at least or she hoped so, they could very easily have gotten rid of her years ago, dumped her in the muggle world and left her to her own devices but they had kept her around. Granted for their own selfish purposes but still, with all the stigma that was attached to being a squib she had always admired them for that. They had not even removed her from the family tree though their house elf was always muttering that he'd do for them. She also knew that way back the line in her family, a Caliburn had married a Carrow and though her cousin Thorine was distantly related to her through this Nastasia was not aware of her cousin's dealings with death eaters. She was embarrassed now of the fact that her cousins parents and grandfather were well known death eaters, all in Azkaban or killed and biting her lip, she wondered if this was anything to divulge before her fingers grazed his again.

All thought, sense and reason flew away on the gentle breeze that blew up about them the moment her finger tips touched his, her hand slid along his palm slowly as Nastasia felt the wave of tiny electrical currents flow through her. She could only look at their hands mesmerized by the sensations he ignited within her and without thinking once again blurted out in an awed voice as she looked up into his face, both now an arm width apart.
"How do you do that?" she of course presumed it must be some kind of magical thing for it had never happened to her before., ever.

Hand in his, he firmed his grip just a bit, and a gentle smile was placed on his lips once more. Holding hands could mean a number of things, so this couldn’t be anything really that serious, right? Friendship, that was all Amauri was looking for right now. Anything more serious than that would be going way to fast even for his liking – if it turned out like that in the end. Amauri felt that fire within, sparked by the currents, and he received a similar feeling with Cyrille from years ago. Amauri murmured, just as confused as her, “I honestly don’t know the answer to that…” If they were talking about the same thing, of course. Amauri glanced at the ground, and he hoped that it was just fate. Anything more will just make the man go back into his shell and never come out again. “I guess that coffee won’t wait for us forever, will it? My treat.” Amauri was a gentleman, always wanting to pay for everything, but that was just him.

She was glad he was about as speechless about it as she and did not want to dissect it, analyse why contact with this man felt like depth charges exploding inside of her. Nodding with a smile on her face she began to walk with him in the direction of the very small village just over the hill. It wasn't a very long walk, a mile at the most but it was beautiful. The countryside was glorious here and each step seemed to take them further along a road she was more than happy to go. Somehow she believed she had found a friend here in this man, some one who was happy to accept her for who and what she was without question. Who was kind and decent, even through the obvious devastation of his wives passing. Amiably they conversed as they walked along, interspersed with silences that never bordered on awkward even once. It was pleasant, refreshing to walk alongside another adult and not to be guarded. Not to have to watch every word she said or how she said it, not to have to worry about her mind feeling as if it were being probed. The village finally came into view and she realized that in the time they had walked, he had found out she had been home schooled as her family could not bare to put her into a muggle school once it became definite that she had no magical ability. She found she had a gift for sewing and became a seamstress but also as she was gifted at drawing, learned how to become a tattoo artist. She wasn't sure how he would take the various tattoo's that marked her body as if her very skin was an art gallery but if he wanted to be her friend, then he had to accept these too. After accepting her being a squib, she seriously didn't think a tattoo would phase the man at all. He had discovered she loved Italian and French wines preferably red, that she adored classical music and was constantly mesmerized by the muggle ballet dancers. That her favorite color was blue, her favorite book was a muggle classic The Man in the Iron Mask and that she had dated twice in her life time, both extremely sorry cases indeed.

As they came to the door of the only coffee shop for miles she turned to smile at him, their hands still locked within the others.
"Did you ever have a best friend growing up Amauri? I didn't. Every girl I knew had a best friend that she told all her secrets too, all her hopes and dreams, likes and dislikes. It seems very late in my life but I think.. I think I may have finally found mine".

Amauri listened to her speak, and she had an interesting life. Amauri in turn informed Nastasia of his life in Hogwarts, that he was sorted in Ravenclaw, and he had friends but not many that he could count on. And he spilled about Cyrille, how they met, and how she died. He told her about his son, what type of boy he was, and how his family were nothing but aurors, and Vincent was wanting to be one as well. Amauri was surprised about how much he revealed. “I had Alphonse Snow, a former Slytherin. We knew everything about each other, and we haven’t seen each other in almost two decades.” Amauri does not know that his former best friend was a Death Eater, unfortunately. “But I am glad that I could be the best friend you never had though. Maybe it would be nice to have someone to talk to, someone that wasn’t a complete jerk to those that weren’t pure-bloods.”

As much as she loved coffee the small village café did not have the greatest selection yet the cups were refilled countlessly as time progressed. She smiled and laughed at his anecdotes, listened enthralled as he spoke about his childhood. Became sombre and sympathetic when he spoke to her about his wife. It seemed their camaraderie knew no bounds, as if they had known each other for so long and were free to speak to one another on all matters pertaining to their lives. No topic seemed too big and none too small but time was their enemy and she could feel it as sure as daylight was beginning to slip slowly by. She would have to leave him, bid him goodbye and probably never see him again.

It seemed rude to have to look at the clock behind the counter, one of those awful large round muggle contraptions that glared at you with its loudly ticking hands, warning you that time had moved on and it was indeed your enemy. She sighed and stood up slowly, smiling at him as she did so. Dusk would settle soon and unlike Amauri she had no magical means to travel by.

“I must be off otherwise I will never get home before dark and I hate travelling at night” she told him picking up her bag once more and placing it over her shoulder. It seemed too formal to extend her hand to him now after spending the last few hours in each others company. So uncharacteristically she stepped closer, placing a slender hand on his arm as her lips tenderly bestowed a kiss on his cheek. Her eyes closed instantly from the sudden nearness as if it all were in slow motion but gathering her self together she straightened up and smiled once more at him. Quite possibly the most wonderful and handsome man she had ever met and the chances of meeting him again were virtually zero.
“Take care Amauri”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back