Good News... Or Bad Depending on How You Look at it

Pearl Firn

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Pearl walked slowly up to her new home nervous about what she was about to do. Her husband had always been against having kids, much to Pearl's dismay, but here she was, going to tell him that she was pregnant... Pearl knew for a fact that the shop was closed today so he would be home, maybe it would just be better to come home one day and introduce him to his baby? Starting to feel sick, mostly because of nervousness but morning sickness wasn't helping either, Pearl walked into the house. "Remus!" she called out thinking of making a break for it now. Come on Pearl, stop being a baby! You have to be strong! she told herself getting a bit dizzy. Pearl grabbed on to a random table to steady herself.

Remus was sitting in his room getting his regular, every day clothing garment. The Grey Long Suit jacket, the black shirt, slacks and shoes. Walking on out to the call of Pearl's voice, Remus was doing his tie up. He didn't have his top hat sitting on his head today, mainly because he was inside but none the less his face moved from emotionless to Happy. Jumping on out to give her a big hug, he grinned, "Good to see you Pearl."
He was happy to finally see her again, considering that they hadn't been around each other that much of the recent time.

Walking over to a chair that sat in the lounge, Remus took a seat and signaled Pearl to do the same. He was going to tell her how he wasn't so strong about his feelings not to have a child any more, but it seemed that she was a little nervous, therefore perhaps having to tell Remus something. "Are you alright Pearl, Baby. You Seem like... Like Edwards been around or something?" he questioned with the cock of an eye brow.

Sitting there and waiting for what Pearl was going to respond with, what he was expecting was definitely not what she was going to tell him. Something more life changing then seeing Edward again, something larger, something that would bring Pearl and Remus closer together as a Family.

Pearl winced a little as Remus hugged her... maybe a little to tightly. Pearl followed Remus into another room and sat down putting her hand on her stomach absentmindedly. Taking a deep breath Pearl decided to get it over with fast, "R-Remus theres something you need to know" she said moving her hand from her stomach to play with her hair nervously.

Remus was looking at Pearl as she came to sit down and some what stuttered through his name. "Something I need to know? What is it?" He questioned in a some what worried voice, as he put his hand over and onto Pearl's knee. There was something that she was definitely more then worried about telling him, "I was going to tell you something.. But you go first." he smiled to her kindly. He didn't want her to be any more nervous with what Remus had to tell her, or more intrigued really.

Looking at Pearl for a moment more, Remus waited interestedly to hear what was so important that she was forced to even make her way through his name. It seemed that she was fifty fifty on whether to tell him or not. Remus could see through people like that, mainly because of his passed occupations really. Letting out a Sigh, Remus moved his hand from Pearl's leg and leaned back in his chair.

Pearl looked down at the ground wondering how far the door was from here. She really didn't wanna do this, at all. Sure she was extremely happy to be having a baby, she had already been looking at names. Pearl was just scared of what Remus would do. Wrapping her arms around her stomach protectively Pearl took one last deep breath before trying to find the right words to use, "Well, Remus, I-I. What I need to tell you is... I'm pregnant" she finally said still looking at the floor but also shifting her gaze so she could see Remus's reaction. Pearl would do anything to protect the baby whom she had already come to love.

Remus was watching Pearl's movements, and the movement of clenching her stomach almost gave it away entirely. The words came rolling next, 'I'm Pregnant.'
For a moment the words echoed on and on through Remus' head, before his face moved to a some what form of shock and then to a smile.
"That's-That's... Wonderful!" he Said Happily. He had basically broken out of a form of shock, well at least partly. The happiness was part of thew shock that Remus was experiencing but none the less it was a true emotion that Remus had to the words.

Remus leaned over and took Pearl into his arm's giving her a great big hug. "Oh Merlin.. I never thought this day would come." he said in a some what drifted state of mind. Continuing to hug her, he quickly let go realizing how tight he was holding his beautiful wife.
"Sorry Love." he grinned, cocking an eye brow slightly, before moving into the Kitchen and grasping a half finished Bottle of wine. Taking two Wine glasses, Remus moved back into the room and poured them both one. "To our Child!" he said as he raised his glass in a toast fashion, waiting to clank it with Pearls.

As he waited to do so, Remus looked at Pearl, "Well, What i was going to tell you was... I was considering having a Child... My feelings had changed since our wedding!" Remus said in a joyful voice. He couldn't believe the feeling that pulsed through him at the thought of being a father soon enough.
"Wonder what it's going to be... a Boy, a Girl?" Remus pondered out-a-loud, "Either way, I'm sure our Child will be beautiful."

Pearl was ready for Remus getting mad and yelling at her, but she was not prepared for his words. She was still a little in shock as he hugged her then quickly let her go. Pearl could hardly get a word in with Remus running around all happy, she truly had the best husband in the world. Pearl set her glass down when Remus handed it to her, she couldn't drink when she was pregnant. Pearl walked over to Remus as he was saying he had been thinking about having a kid and wrapped her arms around him gently, "Your gunna be a dad!" she said happily, "I love you" she added before kissing him gently on the lips.

Throwing the wine on down his throat, Remus swallowed and placed the glass to the table. Feeling Pearl come up and Hug Him, Remus smiled, "And you're going to me a Mum- Again!" he smirked. as he butted heads with her gently, "I Love you to." His words were soft and meaningful. Kissing her lips as she joined with his, Remus felt them fit perfectly together. They hadn't kissed one another with such meaning in so long, not since Remus had worked as a Professor at Hogwarts. Pulling away Quickly, Remus looked at Pearl.

"We... We need to tell 'them'." Remus said as he swallowed in a some what face of fear. Yes by them he meant Arisa and Kida. They were surely not going to take it to well, but then again it really depended on how Pearl and Remus worded their letters. "Tell you what, I'll write to Kida, You to Arisa." he said smoothly. He had to sound confident to allow Pearl to stay calm. Moving over to a drawer he removed two pieces of parchment, as well as their writing implements.

Writing the letters that they were going to send off would be one thing, and Remus was well into writing his but the thought of actually sending the letters off was something else. The reaction that Kida would get wasn't one that could be known, apart from the fact that it wouldn't be a good reaction. Letting out a sigh as his quill flowed across the parchment, Remus finally finished his with his signature and name.

Pearl suddenly felt the wonderful moment fall apart as Remus mentioned telling Arisa and Kida, "Well, Arisa sorta already knows, she walked in on me in my office waiting for the test to be finished" Pearl said, "and shes not really happy, apparently shes moving in with her friend Charly" Pearl added putting her face in her hands. She didn't like the fact that her daughter was moving in with a boy, an older boy no less. She had a few months until break so she could still convince her not too.

Remus turned from his letter once he had finished and leaned back on the desk he was writing on. "Hm," he began as he started to scratch his chin, "Well if she's anything like you, they'll be dating and she'll be pregnant within the first two months." Remus chuckled slightly, as he took his weight off the desk and walked into the Kitchen. Taking a small glass and pouring chilled water into it, He handed it over to Pearl.
"Drink." He smiled to her as he walked on passed her and into their room.

As he got into the room, he leaned down and grasped a box from under the bed. Carrying it on out of the room and placing it in the center of the room, Remus opened the lid. Within the box was a completely filled to the top package of Baby magazines. "That'll help with shopping as well as Room designs." he said, signaling Pearl over. This would be more a thing to take up Pearls time whilst she was off from work. Thats when it hit him, Pearl needed to take some time off of work.

"Uh, Pearl. You know that having a baby means commitment... And majority of the time you'll probably be at home right?" he said slowly. The thought of Pearl not being at Hogwarts almost gave him a headache. She was the nurse that did majority if not all the work that needed to be done with Medical treatment over there. Pondering at the thought of how she may attend, Remus could come up with nothing.

Pearl looked up and glared at Remus, "congratulations, you just successfully called your wife and step daughters whores in the same sentence" she said icily. Even if he was the father of her child, no one talking about her babies like that. Pearl refused the drink Remus gave her, "no thank-you" she replied crossing her arms. Pearl watched as Remus walked into there room and then walked out with a box. She smiled a little when she saw that it was full or baby magazines, "Actually, I sorta already had an idea of what I wanted it to look like" she said pulling out a magazine and flipping through it. Pearl frowned again and nodded when Remus said she would have to take time off work, "I know... actually, I was thinking or quiting... With this baby on the way, and Megumi here, I can't leave them both with you all the time while I'm at work" Pearl said sadly. She loved her job, but she had to do what was best for her family.

Scrunching his face up at the fact that what he had said came out in such a wrong way, Remus couldn't help but lip 'I'm Sorry'. It wasn't what he meant really, it was just the fact that Both Pearl and Arisa grew comfortable with people very quickly, nothing more. They were certain of their relationships within a shorter period of time then others, like wise with Remus. It was really only the first time he was sure so Quickly with Pearl. It seemed as if Pearl no longer needed the magazines, she was already sure of herself. Way to think ahead without even letting Remus know.

Grunting at the thought, Remus peered over at Pearl, "Hm... Quitting? I don't think you could do it. You love it far to much over there, And I'm sure I'll b able to look after them." he smiled Kindly to Pearl. Some days Remus could take Megumi and the soon to be child to the Apothecary, and they could spend the day there helping with stacking of items and things of the sort. Nodding to himself, Remus was happy with the Idea, but he would need Pearls approval as well.

"I've missed far to much of Megumi's life though, and I don't want to miss all of this little guys life too" Pearl replied to Remus sadly while resting her hand on her stomach again. Pearl had been thinking about quiting for a while now, it wasn't fair to her son that he never got to see his mother, and she was sure Arisa would be fine by herself at school... But Remus was right, she did love her job, it was her place in life.

Remus nodded along with what Pearl had to say. It was true, she had missed a lot of her Son's life. "Well Love, Maybe you can try and balance it out a little. No need to go and quit." He smiled to her slightly. It was a little bit of a sad smile, but then again a smile of re-assurance. Pacing on over to a draw, Remus packed some paper work away and then headed back over to a sofa. Taking a seat, his crossed on left over the other and looked at Pearl.

If Pearl decided that she wanted to leave Hogwarts then Remus would be seeing a lot more of Pearl. That was one good thing that could come out of this, but the fact that the situation was getting her to completely leave something that she loved all together, slightly tore Remus apart inside. Why should Pearl have to give something up when she didn't have to, So long as she was able to balance out the amount of time she spent at certain places, she could be happy with a family and the Job that she loved. It was besides the point, It wasn't Remus' decision, it was Pearl's that counted.

Pearl was torn apart inside, give up the job she loved to be with her family? She loved her job so much, but her family was the most important thing in her life. Frowning Pearl leaned against Remus, "I'm so confused" she said removing her hand from her stomach and taking Remus's hand in her own. There was at least some good coming from her dilemma, she was far to busy thinking of it to think of how nauseous she was feeling. "Maybe I could just take a year or two off" she mumbled to herself.

Looking at the woman that sat before him, it was as if when she felt the tear within her, Remus did in the same way. To see Pearl like that wasn't a good thing and something that Remus could barely bare as a burden. To know that he could do nothing to stop the fact that she would have to take time away from work to keep this family together wasn't something that was in Remus' hands. Feeling her head lean on him, Remus sighed at her words, "About what?" he shifted so that he got more comfortable in his seat without disturbing Pearl too much.

Allowing Pearl to hold his hand, Remus looked at her as the words left her mouth. "You could take a shorter amount of time off, rather then leaving all together, shore." he said with a brief smile. It wasn't exactly one of those things that he could help with too much. It was a decision that Pearl had to make, and all that Remus was really able to do was talk with her about the one that she wanted. Holding her hand tight in his, thought not too tight to hurt, Remus leaned back comfortably.

Pearl smiled as she sat on the couch holding hands with her husband and father of her child, they rarely got moments like this between Pearl being at Hogwarts and Remus working at his store, so when they just happened to come along Pearl cherished them. Pearl was even happier when Remus agreed with her plan, "I don't know if I'd be able to do that though, just leave for a year and expect a job again?" she added after taking a few minutes to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back