Good Excuses.

A scowl appeared on Andrea's face as she looked at Benjamin Chase with pure disgust. This was her first encounter with a Slytherin student, really. And it turned out what she was expecting it to be. The cold air and the silent room were already upsetting Andrea. She expected Chase to cooperate with the two pests but it turned out, he was cooperating more than what Andrea asked for. He actually joined forces with the two. With his arrogant attitude and his smug young face, Andrea couldn't ask for more distraction. His sarcasm and intelligence were upsetting Andrea by the minute. She didn't know if Benjamin Chase was doing everything on purpose or if everything was just his nature. Andrea thinks the second option is far more better though since the first would be nothing but insult. Andrea raised an eyebrow when Chase explained his side. "You're getting it all wrong" Andrea replied with the same disgusted tone of voice.

It appeared that Kelize still had fuel down her brain, to actually respond to him. But she lacked her snappiness now and was replaced by a calm response but was somewhat laced with anger and irritation. Benjamin wanted to laugh at her and mock her more, telling her that she was just any other ordinary Gryffindor out there who had a set a hate against Slytherins. They were their rivals after all and being rivals, both of them were prone to arguing with one another. No matter what year a student was in, they would always get in trouble for fighting with a Gryffindor. It was in their nature anyways, to be someone who is always cold and yet, just misunderstood deep down inside them. Benjamin allowed himself to calm down with his laughter that echoed in his mind, trying to look for a serious image for him to stop his amusement. He eventually found one, which was the memory of his father's lectures and remained silent. Yet again, the same old lazy smirk crept up unto his pale lips and he asked her and at the same time, taunting her with all his strength. "Tell me, what am I getting wrong? Explain." He demanded, with a twinkle of arrogance in his sea green eyes. He watched her eyes, as it looked at him with disgust and hatred, glaring at him so closely. Benjamin eyed her but not with the same emotion that she had. He was all calm and his arrogant side faced up, telling her to do something smart before he even mocks her more and then leave.

Andrea chose the path to calm down. There was nothing to be mad of now that she realized their current problem was a plain misunderstanding. A smirk crawled upon her little rosy cheeks as she observed Chase trying to control his laughter. Apparently, Chase didn't got the meaning of Andrea's laugh. It was completely humorless of course. There are differences between humorous and humorless laughs. Andrea thought Benjamin knew better than to question her laugh for she thought he was intelligent and that he figured out the meaning of the laugh all on his own. Andrea even half-expected him to give her a smirk or an evil grin or whatever after her "laugh" for fortunately for Andrea and unfortunately for Chase, the thought went backwards. The laugh's source was Chase's "polite" reply over Andrea's sarcastic "thank you". Andrea was apparently trying to say "Hahaha. Very funny" with a sarcastic tone of voice of course. Andrea smirked again when Chase spoke. He seemed to be amused over their last conversation. Andrea tried remaining calm. She rested her elbow on the sofa's corner and looked at Chase's annoying green eyes. "I believe I don't have to explain myself, Mr. Chase. I thought you had enough common sense to know what my actions are talking about. But apparently, I was wrong" She said in cold, dry voice. "And that's not my problem anymore" She added with a sneer.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> Benjamin figured out that he was already in the company of some daft person, wanting to compete with him just because of his house. He thought that almost all the houses of Hogwarts had this "thing" towards Slytherin either it wwas because of their cold nature or just because they hated their guts. Benjamin was knew that it had lived up ever since the beginning of Salazar Slytherin's argument with Gryffindor in Scotland and the students still believed that ther was such a problem called rivalry. Who Slytherin minded Gryffindors who disliked their house? Benjamin received the news that one of their prefects even had an argument with the Head Girl, just because she heard that Briar Rowan told them to, "stay away from those Snakes." Pathetic really, but Benjamin did not really live up to that rivalry. Let Gryffindor win all the trophies in the house and let them feel astray, as long as they were not being bothered and they were still respected by everyone. Benjamin felt that all of this was the cause of arguments with Gryffindors and he cursed himself for being such a fool sometimes. He raised his head up at the sound of 'Mr. Chase', facing Kelize's eyes with a stoic emotion. He never wanted to be read through his eyes by the girl. The only defence she had was that big mouth of hers. "You are wrong, you know. Sweetheart," He paused as he effectively leaned forward to face her. He loathed that pet name that lovers would give their partners, but he wanted to use it just to mock her. "I was using sarcasm. Perhaps you're the one who has the problem, hmm?" Benjamin leaned back with a sneer, his eyes dripping with malice by now. He dropped that apathetic expression of his and looked at the clock, which indicated that they were almost together for a damn hour. "Merlin, you're such a blonde Kelize." His thinking proved him right too. Maybe the girl was the one who did not have that thing such as, 'common sense'. Benjamin just shrugged, his smirk matching her own sneer with a mocking look to it. "I'd better leave. Thanks for keeping me sweet company." Benjamin rose from the sofa and checked on his trousers, before leaving the room with a subtle smirk on his lips. He just hoped that his pride would not be battered of this encounter, or else he would be in big trouble if she would report him. It was just a small spat with nothing to worry about.
<i>
</i>

Andrea started to take all of this not-so-seriously now that she realized things. The boy clearly doesn't get her. He misunderstood lots of things and was insisting that his own opinions were the ones that were right. Andrea stared at Benjamin Chase, a slight smirk appearing on the edges of her lips, her right eyebrow raising a little and her expression clearly indicates that she is amused over Benjamin's responses. So far, this is the first time she ever had a long conversation with a Slytherin before. The first time she ever had a conversation with a Slytherin before. Mostly, whenever a Snake walks by, she would just shrug and look anywhere but the Snake. In fact, she saw Chase numerous times before though the two never really conversed. Andrea smirked when Chase raised his head when he heard Andrea call him 'Mr. Chase'. It wasn't really a choice since she feels uncomfortable calling him by surname and calling him by name seems very inappropriate also. So, she had no choice but to go with the 'Mr'. It resulted pretty good as far as Andrea is concerned since Chase looked really bothered. Andrea smiled when Benjamin spat out his sweet and comforting words. Her smile indicated how amused she was, really that Benjamin decided to join the fun. Though, it was a bit unusual for him (as far as Andrea observed) to lean forward and face Andrea since mostly he just leans back and stares at Andrea with that eyes of his that looks like the color of slime. "Oh, really?" Andrea asked, her voice following Benjamin's tone of voice. Andrea's sitting position changed now. She was sitting in an Indian style of sitting and she was resting her right elbow on her thighs, her chin rested on her left hand. She looked at Chase as he explained his reasoning. When he finished, Andrea smiled once more. "I knew that you were using sarcasm. That's why I replied with a sarcastic humorless laugh didn't I, honey?" She replied, her voice was sickly sweet and little. The 'honey' of course was a reply to Chase's 'sweetheart' which she used as a mock as well. A grin appeared on her face when Chase glance at the clock just above the fireplace. Andrea was still amused on Benjamin until now. Now that he was looking very different unlike his last face expressions. "Nah. Don't mention it. We can have this company every single day" Andrea said still sweetly and winked at Chase when his eyes met hers, though that comment and the actions were just a joke really since no was in heaven and hell would she converse with this boy again. When the snake was out of earshot, Andrea slumped at took a huge sigh of relief. "Thank God and Merlin that snake is gone!" She said feeling absolutely relieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back