Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Cassius Styx had no idea if he was allowed to go swimming but by Merlin's beard, he was going. It was supposed to be winter where he lived before, but now it was summer, so he was taking advantage of it. He smirked as he arrived at the docks, and immediately tossed his shirt to the side. He looked around to see if his brother was watching. Since Daemyn was a bit busy this time, Lucifer was watching. Lucifer didn't really do much or converse much, but he was sort of miffed about the opposite climate. Cass dove into the water, making a pretty big splash as he did so from the dock. Since he did not have a wand or anything like that, or valuables with him other than his expensive clothes, he didn't mind leaving his stuff unattended for now.

Lucifer was the one that held the money since no one thought that Cass was responsible enough for galleons and such. A little mean but he was 10 so he could maybe understand it when he was older. He took a deep breath and dove under the water, opening his eyes to have a good look. Well, as much as he could look while under the surface. If he were good, and fast, he might even catch a fish with his bare hands. With that idea in mind, Cass attempt that before he ran out of air, going back to the surface to feel his starved lungs.

Sera walked along the docks, hands stuffed in the pockets of his shorts, kicking a pebble in front of him. It was too hot to do any serious exercise. The air had a sticky feel to it. Even the gentle breeze that rolled in from across the water was, itself, hot. In the depths of his pockets, Sera could feel a few coins jiggling about. He turned them over in his fingers, trying to guess how much he had without looking. He could probably afford an ice-cream; but in the hierachy of things he was saving his money to buy, ice-cream didn't even feature. It would have to get at least two degrees hotter, he reckoned, before he could justify that. Or he could just give up on the new computer. By the time he was able to buy it, he'd be off to Hogwarts, and then he'd never get to use it, anyway. He could have an ice-cream now.

He kicked the pebble a little too hard, and it spun off into the water. At the same moment, a few meters away, something erupted. Sera thought it was some magical sea creature at first, and started at the noise. Then he saw a hand, and a head, and heard a sharp intake of air, and suddenly he was all concern. "Are you OK?" he called out, poised on the edge of the dock, as if he had any idea how to jump in and save a person. "Are you drowning?"

Cassius should really learn to not go the limit when he was diving underwater. But that was his mistake. What he did not expect was someone else on the dock, asking if he were drowning. Did he look like he was drowning? Well, maybe with that sharp intake of air. He looked up at the kid that asked him if he were okay, and gestures with his hand, while remaining on the surface. "Yeah. I just stayed underwater too long. I know how to swim." He was doing a good job right now, and was not even tired. Maybe if he kept it up, then he might. But like any other kid his age, he had a lot of energy to burn. "Besides, if I were drowning, I wouldn't be answering you! I'd be, well, choking on water." Cass seemed to be in a better mood when he was in the water.

He swam over to the dock, and climbed out of the water. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his shoulders. "Please tell me that you have magical parents. I swear if I meet another muggle or muggle-born, I am going to lose my mind." He didn't want to meet one of those things again. Those rotten, magic stealing things that shouldn't exist! Just so annoying! But if this boy had magical parents, then maybe he could actually talk to someone without getting all sorts of pissed off.

Sera’s laughter was breathy with relief. “Oh, yeah,” he said, relaxing onto the heels of his feet. “I was going to jump in and save you. Well, I would have tried. I’d probably have drowned myself. The harbour water is disgusting.” Just the other day, Sera had seen a dead fish bobbing around by one of the small boats. He decided not to mention this to the swimmer, whose hair and face were wet with said water. Anyway, he was pulling himself out onto the dock, where he had a towel ready and waiting to dry himself with.

“Uh… both of my parents were magical,” Sera replied after a moment.
“I mean, my mum still is. That sounded weird. She’s still alive. But what’s wrong with muggle-borns? Is it ‘cause they don’t know anything? It is annoying, explaining everything to them all the time.”

Cass raised an eyebrow at the thought of the harbor water being disgusting, but then just assumed that the boy could not swim with that comment. If he were a muggle or muggle-born, he could do the magical world a service with just one push… No, that would be too mean. He wouldn’t do such a thing. “Well, just don’t fall in if you don’t want to drown. But that does explain why I couldn’t see very well in there. I tried to see if I would be fast enough to catch a fish with my bare hands. It was a bust.” The damn thing would have to be dead for him to catch it, apparently. He still needed to hone his skills.

Oh thank Merlin that this boy’s parents were magical, though he corrected it. That meant that his dad was dead, right? Well, best not to ask about that. But as he continued to speak, it was as if Cass was looking at his new best friend with similar feelings to him when it came to muggle-borns! “Thank you! That is exactly why I don’t like muggle-borns. Freaks of nature! I am a pure-blood myself. Cassius Styx.” He held out his hand to the lad as an introduction. After all, it was the boy’s honor to be in front of someone like him.

Seraphiel wasn't sure you could catch a fish with your bare hands, but he was impressed by the boy's attempt. "You'd be famous if you did that. You should keep trying," he said. Mostly he just wanted to see Cassius flail around in the water a bit more. Now that the shock had worn off, it was pretty funny.

"Styx? Oh, I've heard that name before. I'm Sera. Seraphiel Fletcher." Sera's chest puffed as he shook Cass's hand. So excited was he to meet somebody from a well-known magical family, his mind completely glossed over a comment that he did not entirely agree with.
"I might be a pure-blood. I don't actually know." Sera shrugged nonchalantly. "I've never met any of my grandparents. Do you have a really big family, then?"

Cassius raised an eyebrow when the other boy mentioned that he would be famous if he managed to catch a fish. He did not think that was possible, but he shrugged, "I mean, I can go back in there and try some more. I just want to have amazing reflexes. I thought catching a fish would do it." He needed to be quick, like a cat, to confront his enemies and be on top of the game. That was how survival of the fittest worked, and he wanted to be on top of them all. With the right training, he would be.

He smirked as his name was heard of. "Of course you have. If you came from a magical community, who hasn't heard of it? But, nice to meet you, Seraphiel Fletcher." At least he was not muggle born, but the thought of him being pureblood might have been even better. But, he did not know. "I think you would know if you were pureblood, but no matter. Shame though. My grandparents are interesting to say the least. Or dead. Depends on which ones. But yeah, I have a huge family. Before the lot packed up and moved, you could throw a rock in a crowd and hit someone related to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back