Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
gmad4.png

For those of you who are new to the site, each year, on June 1st, we like to take a moment to appreciate some people who help keep the community alive and provide assistance to site members and Admin alike. We’ve dubbed the day Global Moderator Appreciation Day, or GMAD for short. I seriously look forward to this day every year. It's in my phone's calendar and everything. :woot:

Individually, I have to say that these are five of the most wonderful ladies I’ve had the chance to get to know. As a group, they are a powerhouse that I can never fully express my gratitude towards. But, I’m going to give it a good ol' college try. :D

Not one of these ladies voiced their desire to become a Global Moderator until the position was put before them, but they all stepped up to the challenge and have shown that we made the right decision with each one of them. Each one of them offers a unique point of view and has a unique personality, and it just...works somehow. When Nick and I discuss who we think should be considered as the next GM, we never know if it is going to work out; thankfully, it has each time.

I am truly appreciative of the time and thought that these five ladies put into offering their opinions, volunteering for projects, and helping to get certain things done so that the admin have time to handle other matters.

I think I can speak for Nick, and I know I can speak for myself :p , in offering the five of you the largest of group :hug: and a separate :hug: for each one of you for everything that you do for the site.

Before, I turn this over to the site, I’d also like to take a moment to thank two of the GMs who are no longer on the site, Abby and Linda. They were super awesome during their time in the position of global moderator, and I’m bummed that they aren’t still around. :( I do think that they still deserve some recognition for their time though.

Ok, I’m ready to turn it over to you all now. ^_^ If you have ever appreciated any of the GMs ( :emzies: :kait: :donna: :pat: :kaitlyn: :abby: :linda: ), feel free to leave them a message, write them a poem, give them a big ol’ smile, etc. I’m sure they’ll love it all.

As a token of our appreciation, Nick and I have written up some messages for the five ladies. Hope you enjoy, guys. :cyndi:
Emzies (you need a more ridiculous nickname - we'll work on that.),

Ceci n'est pas une lettre.
You'd better appreciate the witty reference and how difficult it was to convince my
iPad that 'ceci' should not be 'Cecil' nor should 'lettre' be 'letter'.
Already, so much effort has gone into this and I haven't even gotten to the content!

This is your first GMAD! HAPPY FIRST GMAD!
It's a big day. There should be cake. I told Cyndi to cake. If there isn't, we're
all just blaming her. Ok? Ok. Cool. Glad we've established it's Cyndi's fault about
the cake thing. [Cyndi's note: HA! I didn't forget!! CAKE :r ]

You haven't been staff for too too long yet, but even before being staff you were
more than willing to help with random tasks that I had and needed your unique
talents. Since being promoted, you've definitely earned this first GMAD celebration,
going so far as to organize things that nobody else was even thinking about yet and
helping get things in order before it was a big job looking for somebody to do it.

Thank you for being an awesome member of the team for the time you have been, for
being so on top of things, and willing to help right off the bat. Here's to many
more GMADs to come!

~Nick

P.S: this was effectively stream of consciousness. So, sorry about that! xD
Kait,

Other than your love of glitter and pink, I don’t think there is anything that I don’t like about you. I suppose I like those aspects too since those are the things that make you uniquely you. :p

These past few years have been busy for you in an awesome way (marriage and a career?!) and I hope that life continues to bring you much success and happiness. I was really glad when you agreed to become a global moderator in spite of all the things that you had going on in life. We had been friendly enough in the past, especially because of Dorm 4 stuff ( ^_^ ), but I’m really glad to have been able to get to know you even better. You’re such a sweet, kind soul and I’m really glad that you agreed to be a part of our team. Your level head and calm nature and your enthusiasm are greatly appreciated by many a person on the site.

I know that we might not say it every single day, but I hope you know how much Nick and I appreciate the assistance that you provide to us as a global moderator.

Also, on a more personal note, thank you for all of the times that you’ve allowed me to just vent and get things out.

Thank you!

:hug:

~Cyndi
Donnapants,

Happy GMAD!

I hope that you realize just how much we all :wub: and appreciate you on HNZ - but
whether or not you do, it certainly bears saying.
You've always been an awesome member of HNZ, making anybody who you talk to laugh
and smile. As a global mod, however, you make unbearable situations seem less
dreadful, always have something silly to say in the midst of frustration, and are
always more than eager to help in any way that you can.

If there was one thing I could change about you - I'd have you yell at me
less - but something tells me that's just another thing that endears you to the rest
of the site and makes everybody appreciate you as much as they do. Despite how rude
you are, you still manage to be entirely likeable - a mysterious gift of yours that
I think everybody could stand to acquire (it would make the world a more interesting
place, at the very least).

Rest assured that I speak for everybody, but most especially Cyndi & myself, when I
say THANK YOU for everything you do for HNZ - behind the scenes or at centre stage.
You're a great person to work with and I look forward to many more GMADs to come to
express just how grateful we all are for all yr hard work on the site.

Many :hug: s,

~Nick
Pattycakes,

It’s GMAD and you’re a GM, so I’m here to appreciate you! ^_^

First, I’d like to offer you congratulations on graduating. It’s an awesome accomplishment and I hope you’re super proud of yourself. If you aren’t, get super proud of yourself. :r I know that you’ve worked hard in school over the past few years, and I’m glad that you’ve been able to stick with us throughout your journey. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about losing you with your busy-ness, but I'm glad that wasn't the case. ^_^

Can you believe that it’s been about a year ( I think a bit more actually :r ) since we met? I just realized that as I was thinking about what to write to you while I walked down some of the very blocks that we visited. I’m glad to have had the opportunity to meet you and show you around my hometown, and I hope that I can one day head to your part of Ireland and get shown around. ;) You are such a genuinely friendly person ( a quality that is often overlooked where I’m from :correct: ), and it is one of the qualities that I admire most about you and one of the qualities that makes you a great GM.

I think I can speak for the site, but especially myself and Nick, in thanking you for all that you have done over the years on the site and thanking you for all of the things that I’m sure you’ll contribute over the next year.

~Cyndi
This letter is written to the Kaitlyn that appears after 2pm. The other Kaitlyn
should go back to sleep until the right one is here.

Sir Kaitlyn of 'MURICA,

It's another GMAD, and another opportunity for us to thank you for all the hard work
you put into the site, and have put in over the last several years.

While life has put you on your own special roller coaster you've stuck with the site
and always been willing to help in any way that you singly could. No matter how
tedious the task, how strange and seemingly random my requests (and the countless
times I ask you if you have specific types of accounts for me to mess with things
on), you're always willing to fit it into your hectic schedule even in the midst of
terrible stress or tragedy. When you should almost certainly be following the first,
only, and most important unofficial rule of HNZ ('real life comes first') you're
still somewhere, doing something. It's a truly awing reality - and something for
which I (nor, indeed, the site) could ever wholly thank you for.

That said, it certainly doesn't me that we shouldn't try: so, thank you so very much
for all of your tireless work on the board, through thick and thin on your life,
despite our rejecting your plot requests sometimes, you've stuck to it and proved
yourself as having been an excellent choice to be on the staff team, and I can't
imagine the past several years without your being on the team - nor do I hope to
imagine such a future.

You're a cool cat,

~Nick

P.S: I wrote this letter to you on the road, hurtling toward your home state at some
120 kilometres per hour. Currently in the land of the fried chickens. Wondering why
there are so few KFCs around. Why is that?!

~ :cyndi: & :nick:
Cyndi & Nick
(on behalf of the site)

Happy GMAD! I would also write you all letters of appreciation, but there is really nothing I could say that hasn't already been said. So instead I will say Thank-you for all the times I have pmed you guys with questions about HNZed stuff and whether something was against the rules or not. You guys were really sweet about it even when it took me forever to drop the subject! So thanks you guys! And to Emzies who is new I will say that the GMs are awesome, and you will be awesome too! (Not that you weren't already!)

:hug: guys!

~Teigs

The mods in general have always been awesome to me (even if I haven't talked to some) and it's just so refreshing and lovely to have a team of GMs that not only do their jobs but do it well, and also have enough time to thread. If that isn't something to appreciate them for I don't know what is!

Keep up the great work all :hug: Happy GMAD!

Happy GMAD! I don't have a long message, but I just want to say thank you! All of the GM's are awesome, and they help the sight run smoothly.

A big ginormous thanks from my end to all you awesome Global Mod's for not only being such an awesome bunch to talk to, but also for making this site the wonderful place it is. I'm sure you all put up with quite a bit of stress at times, but being able to push through it and remain as awesome as all of you have been is so admirable! I can't think of a group more deserving of a day of appreciate than you guys! Soooo with that, happy GMAD! Keep staying awesome guys! ♥ :hug:

Nick: Wow, talk about some powerful words there. Thanks so much, it really cheered me up! :hug: Totally made my week.
Wanna know why you can't find many KFCs in that state? Cause everyone knows how to cook it already. ;)

So, thanks guys for this, means a lot and a day I tend to forget every year until it comes. So I was surprised, but still, just :hug:

Happy GMAD guys! :hug:
I'm pretty sure the mods have all helped at one time or another. Thanks for listening and answering all my questions without complain, guys. You're all amazing! :hug:

Happy GMAD! WooHoo! I have not a clue what to say so yea.

You guys rock!

Eden

Sooo ya. Sorry I couldn't be on to celebrate GMAD with you guys, but y'know - life stuff. :(

Happy belated GMAD! :(
Thanks to Cyndi for posting the topic and expressing our thoughts about you guys - and I apologize for terrible iPad typing. It was quite late, on the road, and on an iPad. Three very good excuses for me to not proof read even a little bit, apparently. So random words in letters by me = autocorrect being the dumbest.

Happy (Belated) GMAD!!!

Been quite busy lately so I haven't been able to greet early.. Hehe..

Well, thanks to all the GMs who have helped me every time and you guys are awesome!! :woot: Especially Kaitlyn who's always putting up with my hardheadedness... :r xD

Thank you GMs!!! ^_^ You deserve it because you guys are all amazing and awesome! :D ... Happy (Belated) GMAD!!

Thanks for the lovely words everyone, and thank-you to my fellow GM's for being so lovely! Love you guys :wub: ^_^

Happy Belated GMAD to all of the Awesome Global moderators on here (past as well as present)
You all have done such an awesome job at keeping everything running smoothly over the years. Thank you.
:hug: to each of you.
:hug: for :donna:
:hug: for :emzies:
:hug: for :kait:
:hug: for :kaitlyn:
:hug: for :pat:

Thanks everyone! Like Kaitlyn, I always forget about GMAD until it comes around and it's always so nice to have that little pick me up ^_^ While everything has been busy for me the past while I love always being able to come on HNZ and not have to worry about the outside world

Happy Belated GMAD :D
I would like to thank all GMs for their hard work on this site. You guys are totally cool and awesome. :party: :hug:
I hope you can always find time to help with the work around the site.
XOXO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back