Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Onyx had gone shopping with her uncles, leaving Sapphire alone with nothing to do. She had made a phone call, knowing her uncles couldn't say no to her right now, and minutes later was opening the door. "Di." She breathed, stepping forward and catching the other girl in a hug.

Diana had been startled by Sapphire's call, especially as she didn't use a phone very often and they only had one in their house that was mostly her mother's. She rarely got contacted that way, which made Sapphire's call feel even more urgent. She had headed over to the address Sapphire had given, and was surprised as the girl pulled her straight into a hug. Hugging her back, Sapphire looked around nervously. "Hi Sapph... did you say something happened to Onyx?" She asked, biting her lip. She didn't like Sapphire's twin, but that didn't mean she wanted him to be hurt. The fact that she didn't see him anywhere was making her nervous, even though she had only seen a small part of the house. "What happened?"

Sapphire sighed. She motioned for Diana to follow her. "You should come inside. Come on," She made her way to her room, sighing and falling into the swinging seat. "I went soft, Di," She rubbed her hands over her eyes. "I didn't see her coming. My aunt... tried to take me out. I had no idea. Onyx... he yelled, I felt him slam into me, and then it went dark. When I woke up, we were in the hospital. I'm fine, just hit my head. Onyx..." She groaned. "Onyx won't be coming back to school, Di. He got blasted back, smashed his head open. He woke up, thank the gods, but... Diana, Onyx doesn't remember anything. Not me, not him, he's... blank." Sapphire didn't say what else she had been thinking; this was her fault. Everything was her fault. Onyx had lost everything because of her. She was the one who had insisted they study in the lounge the day they caught Chrys with Elio. She was the one their aunt had been after. She hated herself, and she wasn't strong enough anymore to leave.

Diana followed Sapphrie inside, taking a seat in her room. She frowned as Sapphire started talking, trying her best to follow it. "Wait, hold on." She cut in, holding up her hands. "You.. aunt? What? Why?" She frowned. "What do you mean take you out?" She said, sure that it wasn't as dramatic as it sounded. But as Sapphire told her Onyx wouldn't go back to school and didn't remember anything, she felt her mouth go dry. There was an absurd part of her that wanted to make some sort of joke about Onyx forgetting to be as annoyingly dramatic as usual, but she pushed it away immediately. This was real, not some sort of joke. Though... it sounded unreal. "I don't understand." She said finally, moving closer to Sapphire. "Are you sure your... aunt did that?" It was hard for Diana to imagine. Her own uncle Vincent was intimidating and honestly a bit of a jerk, but this. "Is she going to jail?" She asked, feeling a little more at ease asking about this than about Onyx.

Sapphire sighed. "When our parents died, no one could afford to take both of us. Uncle Jayce had two daughters and another baby on the way. So Onyx went to Uncle James and me... I was sent to Aunt Myra." She sneered the name. "She dumped me at an orphanage she ran, never told me she was my aunt. I grew up being told I was a curse, that I would never be adopted and that I hurt everyone that got close to me." She stared up at the ceiling as she spoke. "It wasn't until Onyx found me that we began to figure out what had happened. Apparently, my dear aunt blamed Nyxy and me for our parents death. She only got angrier when uncle James took us both." She sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"She tried to kill me, Di. At least, that's what I think. I don't remember any of the attack. Onyx got blasted back, Kira and Arc kept pressure on his head, and an Auror stepped in and took my aunt. She's more than likely going to prison, but my uncle is doing his best to keep us out of it." She stared up at the ceiling. "Onyx almost died, Di."

Diana listened with increasing dread and anxiety as Sapphire explained her home situation. She bit her lip, feeling terrible that she had never known this about her friend. She had known Sapphire had lived in an orphanage, but all the stuff about her aunt... she'd had no idea. "Your aunt is an idiot. Who blames kids for that sort of thing?!" She said, clearly getting angry at the mere idea. "She got caught? Good." She said, clenching her fists. "I'll tell my mother she should rot in prison forever." She promised her. "She's never going to hurt you or Onyx again. She'll be in Azkaban for sure." Diana said fiercely. But she deflated a bit as Sapphire talked about how Onyx had almost died. She hesitated. "Is... he going to be okay? Surely he'll get his memory back, right?"

Sapphire sighed, covering her eyes with an arm. "I don't know, Di. He might. He might not. Only time will tell. He might remember everything, he might remember a little, he might remember nothing." She shook her head. "He's not coming back to school. He won't graduate." She sighed deeply. "I know he's an idiot, and overly touchy, but what am I supposed to do without him?" She asked softly, a hint of hurt in her voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back