OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Hawthorn Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Indi was curious to see what Halloween at a school for wizards would be like. She doubted it would be as basic as other Halloween parties she had been to before with cheap costumes that fell apart the moment you took them off. She hadn't put much effort in to her costume this year, wanting to see what other kids dressed up as before she bothered with anything more elaborate. Her make up had taken a while but it was simple enough she didn't stand out too much. Indi had been so focused on classes and getting the hang of them that she hadn't really made any friends recently and she hoped to run into someone she knew who would talk to her. As long as it wasn't her roommates, she would be perfectly happy. She held a cup of punch to keep her hands busy as she watched the other students, and was impressed by some of the magically enhanced ones she had seen around.

Salem had been pretty excited to hear about the Halloween feast, wandering around the transformed Great Hall with her eyes wide and smile wider. She hadn't had much for an elaborate costume like some of the students she'd seen around, but a tiger hat and tail were plenty fun she'd figured, though she wasn't sure painting a little nose and whiskers on with quill ink had been a good idea. She'd been eyeing the haunted house when she spotted Indi nearby and bounded over to her. "Indi! You look cute," She said brightly before pointing at her tiger hat. "We match! Kind of. Both animals," She explained. Indi's make up looked a lot nicer than her whiskers, and a lot easier to get off, and Salem was pretty impressed. "Do you like Halloween? I've never been to a big party like this with all the costumes." Salem had seen a fair few festivals and celebrations, but nothing quite like this with this many witches and wizards all dressed up.

Indi was surprised when some one actually came over to talk to her but she smiled when she saw it was Salem. “Oh hi Salem. I like your...hat.” she said and gestured to the other girl's head. They seemed to have put in similar efforts into their costumes and it was nice to know she wasn't alone in that. “We are. You just have to promise not to eat me.” she joked, before laughing herself. Indi considered her answer since she hadn't thought much about Halloween before. “I like it alright. I think most costumes can be kind of dumb. But I’ve seen some magically enhanced costumes that are pretty cool. Have you seen any of those?” she asked, before looking around to see if she could find any to point out.

Salem beamed when Indi complimented her hat. They weren't dressed up as dramatically as some of the older students, but Salem was still enjoying herself. "Okay, promise," She said with a nod, enjoying feeling the ears on her hat flop with the movement. "Why dumb?" She asked, glancing around the room to see if there were any obviously dumb costumes around. "And yeah! I think one the professors looks like she's underwater, it's really cool." Some of the cool uses of magic almost made Salem miss her parents. Both of them liked to have a lot of fun using magic, and Salem hoped she could learn some equally cool tricks for a costume one day.

Indi smiled as Salem seemed to play along with her joke as she promised not to eat her. But she shrugged when she asked about why she thought some costumes were dumb. “Some people just uses it as an excuse to be dumb.” she said, thinking about some of the boys from her old school that would wear the same dumb masks every year and spend all day trying to scare people by jumping around corners. So far Indi preferred what she had seen here at Hogwarts. “Oh really?” she askes excitedly. She hadn’t seen any costume like that and she started to look around for it. “I’ve saw a boy with fire in his hands.” she said and waved her hands at Salem, wanting it to sound impressive. “It was kind of unsettling though.” she added quickly as she thought about it some more.

Salem glanced around when Indi said some costumes were just dumb, wondering if she could see any that Indi might be thinking of before just accepting it. There were a few kids around that had barely even dressed up, if at all, so maybe that was what she meant. "Ohh where?" She asked when Indi mentioned a boy with firehands, standing on her tiptoes and excitedly scanning the crowd. "Is it real fire? That's cool. Though how does he eat?" Salem couldn't spot any real obvious smoke or fire in the crowd, so she dropped back onto the flats of her feet after a moment. "It'd be cool if someone could dress up like a dragon and breathe real fire," She added. Salem had seen a few dragon costumes, some that even looked fairly realistic, but she could still tell they were just a person in a suit. And likely didn't breathe any fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back