Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
(Homosexual)
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Swishy Wenge Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Casper was practically swimming in commissions. Since the article had come out, he'd gotten an agent, who was in contact with Uncle Abner, and it seemed like every time Casper completed a painting another one came in. He couldn't complain, he was making great money. His latest commission was a bit of a challenge for him. They wanted a pink fantasy landscape. Pink. He supposed it wasn't too far off his usual purple/blue palettes he leant towards, but he couldn't find something he was satisfied with.

Casper had made three separate pieces already, but he wasn't sure which one he liked best. He was currently circling them, having them lined up on the wall, trying to decide which one might best appeal to the ten year old he'd been commissioned to make this for. Maybe he should go find a first year or something, but that sounded a bit creepy, really. Some seventh year just asking a very young girl to go with him? That was a bit too skeevy for him, thank you very much. So for now, Cas just paced between the paintings, making no real progress in his decision making.

[not me taking 2 months to reply to this sorry (': ]

As cozy as she'd managed to make their dorm up in Hu/fflepuff, Marnie had found that the arts room was quickly becoming one of her favourite places in the school. Sure, she had to go down a few flights of stairs to get for it, but it more than made up for the travel time in the sheer amount of craft supplies available. It was like the room could read her mind, she wanted a paintbrush, voila, there one was. She was hankering for crochet the next day? Hooks were in the first drawer she checked. It was great, though Marnie was struggling to get literally anything done when her whims changed so frequently but at least she was never bored.

She'd come down to the room intent to see if she could find any pretty new skeins of yarn in one of the many cupboards when she paused, spotting Casper, their King of Crafts, staring intently at some paintings on the wall. "Ohh pretty are you putting on an art show? Is it an all pink art show? I would totally go to an all pink art show, oh or join an all pink art show it's one of my favourite colours but some people tell me you can't make everything pink which I guess is true colour theory and all that but sometimes I just wanna wear all pink I've already complained to Professor Carter that it's not fair we have to wear blank robes at school but I don't think he can do anything about that and at least I can embroider mine a little see I've already started on my pockets here-"

Casper looked up when he heard a voice, blinking as a first year girl appeared. "Oh! Perfect timing!" He interrupted her with a smile. "I've actually got a commission, one of these painting is supposed to be for a little girls birthday present. If you were a six year old girl that loves pink, which one of these would you like?" He asked her, motioning to the paintings on the wall. He was absolutely lost, but maybe she could help him out of a tough spot.

Intrigued, Marnie stepped closer. She wasn't sure what a commission was, but she had indeed been a six year old who liked pink at some point, so she liked to think she was a bit of an expert here. "Wow you did all of these? I hardly ever get anything done that's so cool where do you get all your ideas from that's always the hardest part for me like I know I wanna make something but how do I decide what to make you know? I guess you fixed it by just doing all of them but wow who has the time aren't you doing big exams this year too that must be exhausting I already got in trouble once this year cause I drew all over my essay but honestly I kind of think it added to it," Marnie said, pausing to consider one of the paintings. "Do you know what the girl likes besides pink cause I mean these are all very pink but I don't really know maybe the one with the tree it's very pretty the others are amazing don't get me wrong but they're a bit mysterious have you considered adding a unicorn? I know when I was a six year old girl who loved pink I loved unicorns too but I mean that's just me maybe she'd rather go on an adventure in jellyfish world actually that's pretty cool I love jellyfish," Marnie said, trailing off as she stared at a few of the jellyfish floating across the sky in the picture.

Casper listened to her rambling, smiling as she answered his question and got lost in one of his paintings. It was always nice to see someone appreciate his work. He took down the tree painting, packaging it quickly and shrinking it, writing a note for his uncle about the proper dimensions before sending it off with an owl. He turned back, smiling softly at the girl. "Thanks, Marnie, that was really helpful. You can have the other two if you want," He offered. He had no real reason to keep them, he didn't mind gifting them to her for her help.

Marnie was still thinking about jellyfish when she realized Casper had removed the painting she'd suggested and was now talking to him again. "What? Are you sure? Both of them? Oh! Maybe I can give them to one of my roommates, we've been decorating our dorm and stuff and I tried to make a mural on the wall but it's mostly just kinda paint and our names but I still really like it but we could put these on the other wall I bet they'd probably like it I mean yellow and pink work pretty well together too not that our dorm is all yellow but we're in Hufflepuff so you know- well you do actually know you're in Hufflepuff too and stuff did you guys decorate your dorm too I bet you could paint an amazing mural," Marnie said in a rush, feeling her heart speed up at Casper's offer. He was so cool and nice.

Marnie hadn't talked to many of the older students all that much who weren't prefects but she was certain there was something special about Casper. He was an amazing artist and he listened to Marnie's opinion about art too. Tucking her shoulders up by her cheek, Marnie couldn't help but bounce a little happily at the thought.

Casper chuckled lightly, finding her enthusiasm oddly endearing. "I've never tried painting a mural before," He mused, moving to sit down at a nearby table. "I don't think we've made any major changes to the dorms, but I have projects scattered around. Would that count as decoration?" He asked, a slight smile on his face. He motioned for her to sit with him. "You're interested in art?" He questioned, wanting to learn more about the bright first year.

Marnie's eyes widen when Casper said he'd never painted a mural, excited that she could maybe offer a little art experience to someone like him. "Oh you should it's really fun though it's kinda hard to plan out cause there's so much more space than on paper and also like I'm not that tall I mean you are so maybe you won't have the issue but there were places I couldn't reach and it really made my neck hurt after a bit but my roommates helped me move my trunk over so it helped though it didn't help with the funny wall texture so you kinda have to layer up the paint but it was really fun," she said, ticking off the points on her fingers as she went.

It was pretty cool to get to sit here and talk about art with an older boy, though Marnie couldn't help but flush when Casper described his room a bit before asking more about her. "Definitely! I mean that's why I'm in the club right I tend to do more fiber crafts like crochet and embroidery I actually embroidered all my school robes when I first got here cause like plain black is so boring right so if you ever want to I dunno spruce up yours maybe for graduation or something I can totally help you out though maybe not moon and stars I did that on my first pair and my stars came out all wonky but maybe something else?" She said, trailing off as she got distracted, trying to zero back in on the conversation. "But yes! I love arts, it's been cool learning more about painting and stuff, which you're really good at, by the way, I'm sure know," Marnie said, feeling a sudden wave of shyness as she caught Casper's eye.

Casper smiled, listening to Marnie as she rambled on. "You're really passionate Marnie, I like that," He complimented her. "Passion will get you far in life." He ran his hand through his hair. "You know, why don't you come back tomorrow? I could give you some painting lessons if you'd like, and before the semester is out we could hang up some poster paper and do a mural?" He offered, smiling at her. "We could trade, I'll give you a few painting lessons and you can show me how to embroider?" He asked, thinking it sounded like fun. It was always nice spending time with other artists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back